Unusual Behaviors

Hunt

"Dowoon! Will you please take your earphones off and listen to me?" Jae hisses at the boy who's staring out into the streets. 

The younger boy simply ignores him, casually leaning back on his chair and pretending to fall asleep. It would seem impossible for him to do so, with obnoxiously loud music seeping out of his earphones, but the boy had his means.

Younghyun, who's sitting beside Dowoon, taps the boy's shoulder and tugs lightly on the cord attached to his ears. He had been acting as mediator between the two the entire day. It was even his idea for the group to go out for some fresh air (and his much needed dose of coffee) in the hopes of lowering the toxicity in the house.

Sungjin and Wonpil, who were both lining up to order their drinks, kept eyeing their table every now and then. Sungjin, making sure his brother and Jae hadn't killed each other yet; while Wonpil simply wanted his own peace of mind and finally know what everyone's having. 

Since they entered the cafe, Dowoon had yet to mention what drink he wanted. In fact, he hadn't spoken a word since he was, as he would call it, manhandled out the house. Sungjin had already tried reading Dowoon's mind but all he could hear was static noise. He knows well enough that badgering his brother would only make things worse, so he transferred his attention to Jae instead.

Swallow your pride will you and ask him what he wants. Tell him it's a peace offering or something. Man up and just make up already. Jeez!

Of course no one else in the cafe hears this, except Jae.

"Stop invading my head, Sungjin!" Jae shouts, slamming his fist on the table.

A couple of heads turn towards their table making Younghyun go into a frenzy of bowing gestures, apologizing for the disturbance their friend had caused.

It was very uncharacteristic of Jae to make a scene in public, much more give away any hint of their powers, that even Dowoon had stopped pretending he was asleep.

Younghyun was about to touch Jae in an attempt to calm him down when he notices Jae and Dowoon having a staredown. The next thing he knows, Dowoon's earphones are already flying across the table, landing on the floor. To Younghyun and the rest, this wasn't anything worth taking notice of, but for normal human beings, having something flying around without any physical contact could be quite the sight. Luckily, no one seemed to have seen the incident, or else they'd be in deep trouble.

"I knew this was gonna happen. I knew it. Why doesn't anyone ever bother listening to me?" Wonpil mutters under his breath as he approaches their table.

Younghyun's able to grab a hold of Dowoon, stopping the younger boy from fighting back, but Jae had already gotten up from his seat, still seething.

"You always take his side, Younghyun! I deserve some repect from him too! Why? Is there an age limit for respect around here?!" 

With that Jae walks out, stepping on Dowoon's earphones in his wake.

"I'll get you a new one Dowoon," Younghyun pleads, as he tries to maintain a firm grip on the boy who's persistent on being let go. "Don't-"

"Hey! Dowoon! Where are you going? Come back here!" Sungjin runs after his brother who storms out the cafe.

"... Nothing's going the way I want it to..." Younghyun buries his face in his palms in frustration.

I think he's going home, Sungjin interrupts Wonpil and Younghyun's thoughts. I'll see you guys back there.

Younghyun nods absentmindedly, looking troubled, as he searches for something, rather for someone, outside.

If they had stayed home, it wouldn't have come to this. Great job Younghyun.

"You better go after Jae hyung," Wonpil says quietly as he picks up Dowoon's broken earphones on the floor.

"Yeah, you're right. I should... Did you see which way he went?" 

Younghyun gets up from his seat and turns to leave but Wonpil grabs him by the arm and whispers ominously, "You must come home right away."

"Why? What is it Wonpil? Is something going to happen?" he asks, worried about his friend's unusal tone.

Wonpil, hand still holding onto Younghyun, just stares at him, his blank expression changing into a look of confusion.

"Happen? What's gonna happen? Did I say something weird again? Oh crap..." Wonpil scratches the back of his head. "Sorry about that... You better get going then. I wouldn't leave Jae hyung alone with that temper."