- Seven

Harum Scarum

The first thing I heard were faint voices. They didn't sound too happy. My eyes fluttered, revealing 5 people in front of me, including my parents. Mom and Dad sat up from their seat and quickly made their way over to me. 

Hobi and Jungkook were quiet, and I could hear someone else but my Mom crying. They hugged me. Mom caressed my cheek. "Suyung, are you okay? Do you feel alright? Anything strange?" 

I gently waved her hand away to signal that I was okay. All I remember was Hobi and Jungkook being all excited about the competition.. what's gotten them so down? And why the hell are they in my room while I was sleeping? 

"I'm alright, Mom." I reassured. "What happened?" 

Dad sighed and turned his head to my friends. "I'm going to let the 4 of you talk this out.. Suyung, analyse everything carefully. Call us when you need anything." and with that, they walked out of the door. 

I bit my lip and sat up, a bit upset on how everyone was acting. I forced a laugh. "What got you all so down? Weren't you all so happy?" 

I turned to the side and realise Jaehee was the one crying. She couldn't even meet my eyes as she did. Hobi moved his chair closer to my bed. "Yuna.. do you remember anything?" he asked, standing up and placing a hand on top of my forehead, as if to check my temperature. 

"Yeah. All of you were excited a while ago." I pointed out. "What-" 

"You got drugged." Jungkook said coldly, finally getting to the point. Hobi flashed him an uneasy look and sat down on his chair. "In school. You fainted." 

"Drugged?" I repeated. I hope I didn't sound so stupid, but what could have gotten me to be.. drugged?  For me to faint.. and most importantly.. who would do that? 

"The cookies you ate yesterday.. someone wanted you to be drugged. The man who gave it said it was from Liu Jaehee." he added, flashing a sly glare to Jaehee. 

Jaehee's cries got more audible as she made her way over to me, squeezing my hand and looking up at me. "Suyung.. we've only been friends for a while, but you know that I will never.. ever drug you, right?" 

"I know that.." I trailed off. "Jungkook, don't suspect her." 

Jungkook was about to speak, but was cut off with my phone buzzing. Hobi grabbed it and handed it to me. I thanked him and glanced at the message displayed. 

- unknown number - 

No, it wasn't supposed to end like that. Are you alright? But then, the cookies did taste good, did it, love? 

PY.

"Who is it?" Hobi questioned, moving his head so he could see the message after seeing my reaction. Who would.. was this the man that handed me the cookies yesterday? 

"Do any of you know who's number this is?" I asked, placing my phone in front of me. Jaehee read the message out loud, then looked up at me. 

"Don't tell me this is.." she started. 

"The man that's behind all this." Jungkook finished. 

I narrowed my eyes. "He has to back off-" 

"Yuna, I think it's best if you don't reply to him." Hobi insisted, then sighed. "If we ignore him, maybe he'll stop. What matters is that you're up and going again, right?" 

My phone buzzed again. 

- unknown number - 

I don't like being ignored. 

PY. 

Jaehee read the message out loud and warily glanced at the three of us. I grabbed my phone and bit my lip, debating with myself wether I should reply or not. "What does he want us to do?" 

"More like, who's PY?" Jungkook crossed his arms.

"You do know the three of you are my only friends in campus. Why would anyone even start messaging me things like this.." I frowned. 

"You know what? Let's not think about that right now." Jaehee sighed, kicking off her shoes and sitting beside me on my bed. She took off my hairtie. "I'm going to do your hair to try and get your mind off of things." 

"Jaehee's right." Hobi shrugged, then smiled again. "Ne, Yuna, thank you again for signing up me and Jungkook for the event, and suggesting the event in the first place. If I lined up in that crowd in school, I would've been out of forms." 

I chuckled. "You guys are always welcome." 

"Suyung, you look so adorable with your hair down!" Jaehee squealed, playing with my hair. "If you go with this hairstyle in school, every guy will be head over heels for you." 

Jungkook rolled his eyes playfully. "Wait till you see her bedhair." 

"Hey!" 

My phone buzzed again.

- unknown number - 

Your friend's right. You look a lot cuter with your hair down. Why won't you make your hair like that everyday? But no worries. I still love you the way you are. 

PY. 

I almost threw my phone reading the message. Hobi read the message and stood up from his seat, closing curtains and after a few minutes, PY messaged me again. 

- unknown number- 

Love, I don't appreciate your friend closing the only thing where I could see you all. But maybe this is enough for one day. He will pay. 

PY. 

Enraged on his threats, I stood up from my bed, my friends reading the message on my phone while I yank my window open and shouted: 

"PY, whoever you are, mind your own business! Don't drag my friends into this. Get a life, you piece of !" I couldn't help but get loose with my words, as I viciously closed my window and curtains. 

I rarely cursed. In fact, maybe it was the first time dirty words left my mouth, even Jungkook was surprised. 

- unknown number - 

I heard that, love. You should really choose a better set of words next time. I never knew you could be so aggressive. You'll be punished if you continue this behavior. Goodnight. 

PY. 

Jaehee frowned. "Everyone, we have to report this to the police. He's threatening us. He's stalking us. This isn't good." 

"The police won't be much help." I noted, grabbing my phone. "Let me ask him who he is." and I did, I typed, a question asking who he was. 

"Hobi, don't worry. He's probably just playing with us." I reassured. 

"This isn't funny." Jungkook ran his fingers through his hair frustratingly. 

- unknown number - 

PY.  That's it, love. 

Jaehee furrowed her eyebrows. "How are we suppose to suspect anyone with this information?" 

"Maybe we could get someone to help us." Hobi lightened up. "I'm not good with this kind of things.." 

"I may know someone." Jaehee said. "Look, we never talked before, but I heard he has helped the police with their investigations twice. He studies in our school." 

"And who is that?" 

She eyed us. "Kim Namjoon." 

Morning came by faster than usual. I woke up with a heavy feeling in my chest. Sloppily, I got ready and made my way outside, where I greeted my parents goodbye. Turns out, Jungkook was already there. 

And to my surprise, Hobi was, too. 

Mom walked up to me. 

"Are you feeling alright?" Hobi asked, apparently beating my mom to it, as she shut . She started arranging my collar I didn't know was a bit messy. I felt a bit.. off today. I didn't want to think about PY, and I didn't even want my parents to know. 

I forced a smile and nodded, giving Mom and Dad a kiss, before walking out of the shop. We were quiet. 

"I don't want them to know about PY." I sighed, breaking the silence. "Them knowing I got drugged was enough. The situation is too heavy for Dad." 

"We get it." Jungkook sighed. 

I turned my head to Hobi, who still had a smile on his face. I eyed him and then noticed something off on his arm. I moved my hand. "Hobi.. are you okay? You have a bruise." 

His gaze lowered and he forced a smile. I knew he was. I narrowed my eyes and stopped in my tracks, grabbing his hand to get a better look at the bruise. "It's not too old, either. What happened?" 

We stopped by one of my cousin's house and asked for some ice, which they gladly gave me in a packet. I ordered Hobi to sit down while I dabbed the ice packet on the bruise. "What happened?" I repeated. 

From the corner of my eye, I see Jungkook and Hobi flash each other worried glances. Finally, he spoke up. "When I was going home last night, someone threw me against the wall, but that was it. I guess I didn't land too well, huh?" he chuckled. 

"It was most likely PY or one of his men." Jungkook said, sitting beside Hobi and sighing. "They escaped when I got close." 

I bit my lip, not knowing how to feel about it. Was this my fault? Was I the one that dragged them into this? My heart felt a lot more heavier than before, as I continued to dab the ice pack on his arm. 

I stayed quiet after that. I wanted them to be out of this.. why would anyone.. do such a thing? 

"Yuna.. are you crying?" Jungkook's mouth went agape as he heard my soft cries. Hobi then started panicking and reassured me he would be fine, along with everything. 

But how could everything be alright when I know everyone I love is at risk? 

Jungkook offered me his seat, while Hobi pulled out a handkerchief from his pocket and started wiping the tears that rested on my cheek. 

"Jungkook.. Hobi.. I'm sorry." I started. "How could I even bare with this? It's only been a day and so many things had happened. It's my fault." 

If I were distant.. will everything be alright for them? 

"All you have to do.." I said, standing up and holding my hands in front of me. "Is stay away from me. I don't want you to get hurt, please.." 

"Yuna.." Hobi trailed off. 

"It's all you have to do." I repeated. 

My phone buzzed. 

- unknown number - 

Don't cry, love. But you must've learned. The reason why my plan failed in the first place was because of their presence. Leave them out and they won't get hurt. 

PY. 

I was tempted to. Until I felt familiar arms wrap around me, pulling me tight in for a hug. 

"Yuna.." Jungkook started. "Stop thinking like this. Please don't cry.. we're friends, remember? I'm going to help you.. I'm not going to let you go through this alone.. he won't be loose without any punishment." he comforted. 

I didn't know what to feel as I hug him back. 

"Jungkook's right, Yuna." Hobi said. Jungkook was yet to let me go. "You're not alone." 

Did they really care.. that much? 

"You always protected me.. so when you need me the most, why would I stay away?" he grumbled, hugging me tighter. And then I felt him plant a kiss on top of my head. "I'll be here." 

I smiled. 

- unknown number - 

Well, if that's how your friends want it, then be it. 

PY. 

"Hey!" Jaehee approached us. "We gotta hurry. I think I know where Namjoon is hanging. I don't think he has all day. I managed to make him stay there a little longer." she said, motioning us to follow. 

She then led us to the library. It was larger than I expected, but not too huge. Only a few people were there, so when we started making our way to this one guy reading a book, I had no doubts that it was him. 

"Hey." he greeted, closing his book and crossing his legs, looking up at us. "This girl's crazy. Are you her friend that she wanted to help so badly? Geez." 

"Hey!" Jaehee defended. 

"Anyways.." she started. She gestured me to show him the text messages. I opened my phone and handed it to him. He started scrolling through the messages. 

"It started two days ago." I then explained everything. From the cookies to the texts, to the beating. He nodded as he listened. 

"I see." he replied. "I'm not a detective. And I actually expected it to be easier. Do you have anything in return?" 

I furrowed my eyebrows. ".. you expect us to pay you?" 

He lends out his hand and shrugged. "Well, yeah. As I said, I'm not a detective, and this isn't my job, it's more of a hobby. And besides, I barely know you. I need something to keep me going." 

"I-" 

"We'll pay you after you solve the case." Jaehee promised. "I can pay you. I swear." 

He turned to Jaehee for a while, before shrugging. "Well, alright. Just remember that if you don't, I have plenty of evidence under my sleeves to get you." 

He sighed and sat up straight. "Anyways, I'm Kim Namjoon." 

"Rhee Suyung." I said. 

"Jung Hoseok." 

"Jeon Jungkook." 

"Liu Jaehee." 

"Alright.." he nodded. "I'm gonna have to think of this widely. And just in case any of you are the ones behind this.. PY, I'm gonna have to talk to Suyung alone." 

"What? Are you kidding me? She's-" 

"Alone." he repeated. 

"I think he knows what he's doing.." Hobi laughed awkwardly. "Yuna, call me when you need us, okay?" 

Jungkook gave me a comforting smile, and with that, the three exited the library, leaving me alone with the stranger. 

"Alright. Let's get started." 

______

A/N: OH GOD. Finally. Got this chapter done! 

What did you think? Who do you think PY is? Also, that moment between Jungkook and Yuna is 101% percent friendship love. I TOLD YOU. NOTHING IS GOING ON BETWEEN THEM. 

What did you think of the chapter? And woaah! We got another member! Cold and cool Kim Namjoon! XD