- Three

Harum Scarum

"It's lunch time!" A classmate, I assume the guy named Bambam, exclaimed. He and his friend were the first people to exit the room, apparently pumped up for lunch that much. 

I smiled when I saw Jaehee wave at me outside of the classroom, waiting for me. 

I was so excited to introduce her to Hobi and Jungkook. Shouldering my bag, I made my way over to her. "Hey, ready to meet Hope and Bunny?" 

"Hope and Bunny?" she scoffed, walking beside me. We made our way to the cafeteria, and turns out, our class was the first one down. I sat on one of the tables and placed my bag beside me. 

"It'll make sense later." I giggled, taking out a tuna sandwich and munching it. Once I caught sight of Jungkook, I waved my hand. Jaehee followed my gaze. 

"Oh.." she trailed off, then glanced back, a small blush on her face. "Who is that?" 

"The so-called bunny." I laughed, a mouthful of food in my mouth, when Jungkook slightly pinched my ear, since I had an odd tickle spot there. He sat beside me and motioned over to my friend. 

I swallowed my food. "Jungkook, this is my friend, Jaehee. Jaehee, this is Jungkook. Get along well, will you?" 

"Y-Yeah.." Jaehee suddenly became quiet the whole time. She would answer stuttering, or wouldn't answer at all. What made it worse was that Jungkook didn't even try to talk to her. 

"Yuna! Kookie!" a familiar voice exclaimed from behind. I was met with Hobi waving at us, a huge smile on his face. He sat across from us, then turned to Jaehee. 

"Oh! Are you Yuna's friend?" he questioned. Jaehee nodded slightly, clearing . "I'm her friend too! What's your name? I'm Jung Hoseok. Call me Hoseok." 

"Jaehee." she replied, her voice low and quiet as she shook Hobi's hand. 

I sighed, a bit annoyed on how awkward it was being. Well, it wasn't, since Hobi wasn't awkward at all and started talking to Jaehee about some stuff. You can not not like Hobi. You just can't. 

I moved closer to Jungkook. "So.. about Minho.." 

"Yeah, he's coming later." he confirmed. "Yuna, how is this a good idea? I'm glad you told me. The only reason why I've agreed to call him in the first place is because I don't want you to be the one fetching him. What about him?" 

"Just.. trust me, alright?" I sighed, in the corner of my eye, glancing at Hobi. "It's important." 

"Are you going to visit the ramen shop later?" he asked me, taking a bite of his sandwich. "Me and Hobi could come along if you want. I'd fight the boss for you if he sells you." 

I placed a hand on his mouth, earning a smile from Hobi and a suspicious glance from Jaehee. I laughed awkwardly and let go, glaring at him. "Stay quiet about that Jungkook, please." 

I rolled my eyes and managed to calm down. "And also, wow, you seem to be warming up to Hobi." 

He gulped. "I mean.. It's not like I have a choice anyways. He has to come with us now." 

I shrugged. "I can't later. I need to talk to Minho." 

"When did you become so obsessed with him?" he cocked an eyebrow. "I don't like him, but are you starting to develop feelings for him, Yuna? Hmm?" he teased, nudging me slightly, earning a bonk from me. 

"Ew! No." I snorted. "I like someone else." 

I slipped. GOD. Where did that come from?! 

His eyes widened. "Yuna..." 

"No! That wasn't intentional!" I excused. Jaehee tapped my shoulder. 

"Uh, Suyung.. I have to do something. Let's meet again in the classroom.. A-Alright? I just have to go." before I even got to reply, she darted off. I glanced at Hobi for an explanation. He shrugged and frowned. 

"She didn't seem too comfortable." 

"That's because you like someone and you haven't told me about it!" Jungkook playfully punched my shoulder. 

Hobi gasped. "Yuna! I know we've only known each other for a little while, but I think we've grown close! Right? Tell me first!" 

"What? She has to tell me first! I've been her best friend for 16 years!" Jungkook groaned. 

"I'll just tell the both of you.." I sighed. "Look, I don't even know if it's consider a crush, but I just really admire him. Don't tell anyone, please. And don't tease me about it." 

Hobi and Jungkook glanced at each other, nodded, and slapped hands, then they turned to me with a determined look. I took a deep breath. 

"Remember that guy who saved me?" 

Jungkook's eyes widened. 

"Oh! That guy who you mentioned when I was taking pictures? I don't know him, but I'm thinking he saved you from something." Hobi smiled widely. 

I nodded. "Okay, so you got the idea. It's just that. It's just a small crush. I don't want to hear his name. Let's just go with the name.."

"Valor?" 

Me and Jungkook slightly tilted out heads and turned to Hobi. "Valor?" 

"Since he was your saviour, he must've been brave! We could just call him Valor." he shrugged. "Man, that guy is lucky! Yuna likes him! Do you think you'll see him again?" 

I sighed and ran my fingers through my hair. "I don't even know. Is it a good thing if we see each other again?" 

-

I didn't get why Jaehee didn't wait for me after school. When I got out by myself, she was already gone. But I had something else to do; I'll talk to her about it tomorrow. 

As for Jungkook and Hobi's absence - they were auditioning for their club, meaning I had to go home alone. Not that I was complaining. I squinted my eyes when I saw a familiar figure standing outside of campus. 

Knowing who it was, I sighed and pocketed my hands. Then I made my way over to Minho, Also known as Mingyu, who was waiting for me. He smiled genuinely. 

"Long time no see, Suyung." he gave me a small pat on the shoulder, his hands pocketed and his hair parted to the side. Why did Jungkook hate him again? 

Oh right. They were always on par with each other. It's either always he wins, or Jungkook wins. But other than that, I'm pretty sure they got along well, outside of the competitive spirit within them. 

"I'm getting nervous on how quiet you are." he joked. "You asking for help? That is so weird. It must be important. Fire away with your request." 

I rolled my eyes playfully. We started to walk.  "Are you studying? Or are you still on with your event business?" 

He smirked. "Both. Proud of me?" 

"Good." I stopped in my tracks. "Minho, I need you to hold an event in Seoul.." 

After I explained everything, we sat down on the grass, and glanced down on the view of the ocean. I never really took time to admire this. Mostly because I was scared of the ocean. Or, water in particular. I didn't know how to swim. 

"Suyung, if it wasn't as complicated, it would be easy." he tapped on the ground, a sense of rhythm playing. "In Seoul.. does it really have to be there?" 

"You'll earn a lot of money." I promised. 

"And it'll need a lot of convincing." he added, making me sigh. "Suyung, I don't even know why you really want to, but if I could, I'll do it. I never even thought about this, but I need something in return." 

"Then I'll convince the authority with you." I shot back. He furrowed his eyebrows. 

"Suyung, you're being reckless-" 

"Why? Will you get kicked out of your job if you just try?" I asked, standing up. He stood up as well, then shook his head. 

"But I'll be brought down to a lower position." he reasoned. 

I pursed my lips. 

I really wanted this to happen. I couldn't help it. I know I was being reckless and stubborn, but if I wanted something, I won't stop until I get it. 

"Then let me do it." I said. "Let me talk to the authority on behalf of you." 

"Suyung.. why do you want this so much?" he sighed, his tone signalling that he meant in in every respectable way as possible. I slightly turned my head. 

"I just want to see someone catch their dreams." I replied. 

He sighed again, then turned to me. "Fine. This has got to be worth it. I'll start working on it tomorrow."

I smiled widely, and out of happiness, even though I wouldn't even dare, since he wasn't a fan of skinship, I threw my arms around him. "Mingyu! Thank you.. thank you so much!" I squealed, before letting go of him. 

He blushed slightly, probably on the fact that I called him 'Mingyu', and not 'Minho'. Since I could only call him that when we were close. 

I thought he would be annoyed, but he smiled and lightly bonked me on the head. "Happy now?" 

I nodded. "Really, I'm thankful." 

He grinned. "Good. I'm going to call you once things are going well." 

"You don't even have my number." I stuck my tongue out. 

He rolled his eyes and handed me his phone. "Then type it." 

We then exchanged numbers. I looked up at him, since he was pretty tall. "When will you think it'll held?" 

He shrugged and pocketed his phone. "Most likely next month. I'll do my best, and if posters come a week from now, that's good news." 

I smiled. "Mingyu, thank you again." 

He chuckled and waved a hand, turning on his heel. "You got it, Suyung. Say hello to Jungkook for me." 

I waved, tiptoeing on my feet once he was far away. "Don't worry." 

I sighed once he was gone, an unconscious smile crawling it's way up to my lips. I wasn't doing this for me, I was doing this for my friends. And I wanted to see them reaching their dreams. 

"You're a taekwondo student, right? Why do you like dancing so much then?" the annoying kid Paul closed in on Jungkook again. We were 4th grade, and I guess dancing still wasn't as 'cool' back then. 

I  gritted my teeth and quickly blocked them from getting any closer to Jungkook. "Don't you have anything else to do? You do know he can beat you up any time." 

Paul cocked an eyebrow. "Oh? Then why won't he?" 

"Cause you're a waste of time." I narrowed my eyes, grabbing a book from his friend's hand and shoving it so hard into his chest he stumbled backward. "Get a life." 

"Geez, why do you always have to protect him?" a friend of him sneered, as the others helped him. He was a lot taller than me, but everyone called me a reckless child, so I stepped up and looked him in the eyes. 

"Why do you always have to stick up for someone so low?" I pressed my hands to his chest and pushed him. 

They scowled at me and scurried away. I made my way over to Jungkook, who had a scrape on his knee. I sat down next to him. "Are you okay?" 

He nodded. "They just shoved me a little too hard." 

I sighed and pulled him up, assisting him. "You really need to stand up for yourself. You don't have to be afraid of them. Show them a piece of your mind." 

He stayed quiet, making me turn to him. "I don't know how long you're going to be like this, but as long as I'm here then, I'll always protect you. I promise! Since we'll always be best friends.. right?" 

He smiled unconsciously and nodded. "Right." 

"Walking is taking too long. Let's just run." I pursued. 

He frowned. "But.. I have a scraped knee!" 

"You can do it, come on!" and with that, I pulled him with me. 

"You're so reckless, Yuna!" 

I sighed at the memory, then started walking back home, an unconscious smile playing on my lips. 

______________

A/N: What do you think Yuna and Mingyu are up to? What made Jaehee so flustered? Who is Valor? 

I know everything seems like a slice of life so far, but I swear, conflict will build up very soon. Things won't be as thrilling without it, won't it? 

I'm trying to focus this on Suyung's life, and not on romance, to make it more realistic and wide. So every chapter is meaningful! 

Anyways, what do you think of Suyung so far? The story? Her relationship with everyone?