- Nineteen

Harum Scarum

A week passed.

Me and Yoongi have become a bit closer, not that we were actually THAT close, but yeah, we were becoming good friends. I had to admit, he had harsh words at times, and he liked to be a challenged, but I wasn't complaining.

It was Saturday. And I would be lying if I said I wasn't going out to see Yoongi. I put on my jacket and turned to the side, my eyes landing on the box Hobi gave me last week.

It's still in the exact same place he left it. My heart broke everytime I saw it, but I think I had to open it sooner or later. I sighed and placed my hand on top of the lid, before lifting it open.

My eyes laid on a letter, and beside it, were beautiful white sneakers. I picked up the note.

' Yuna!!

Thank you for being so considerate! I told my sister all about you and even though she hasn't met you, she said she already likes you! She's a fashion icon, and she wanted to give you these sneakers.. consider it as a gift from the Jung siblings,

Thank you~

Unconsciously, I started smiling. I pursed my lips and took off my rubber shoes, then I sat on the edge of my bed and put the white sneakers on. Surprisingly, it fit perfectly.

I tapped the tip of my toe on the floor, before making my way outside of my house. I made my way to the ramen shop, since me and Yoongi agreed to meet up there.

I had to admit, I was starting to see bit more parts of his personality. He was lazy at times, since he did confirm he rarely did things on weekends and rarely studied, but nonetheless got good grades.

In general, his passion was for music. I mean, I would've died to be a musician if I knew how to sing as well. But all I could do was play the piano.

I reached the ramen shop and found myself face to face with my manager, Yuhan. I smiled and looked up at him. "Table for 2."

He chuckled softly and nodded, leading me into an empty table by the side, which had the best temperature and view from inside. He handed me the menu and placed another one in front of me. "Waiting for your date?"

I scoffed. "Friend."

He shrugged. "Call me once you're ready to order."

I nodded and started listing orders in my mind whilst waiting for Yoongi. About 10 minutes passed, and I got a bit impatient so I started texting him.

To: Yoongi

Topic: Where was the 12PM we talked about?

What's taking you so longgg?

I dropped my phone and sighed, looking around the ramen shop. My salary was good, I guess. It handles our profits. These past few days, the flower shop has been doing good.

After about 3 minutes, my phone buzzed, signalling a message.

From: Yoongi

Topic: .

Hold up, I overslept.

I groaned at his message and pursed my lips. Well, at least he was honest about his excuses. I started checking photos on my phone, which I deeply regret, as there were many pictures of the others there that made my heart ache.

I wanted to be with them again. I wanted Yoongi to be friends with them too. He was always alone. I.. was always alone. If only I didn't trust..

"Oi." Yoongi lightly bonked the back of my head, before sitting across from me.

"Woah, thanks for being early." I said, as I raised my hand to call for Yuhan. He shrugged and grabbed the menu in front of him.

"I was busy last night." he said, before saying his orders to Yuhan. As I said my orders, I could feel him stare at me like I had two heads. "What the hell?"

I smiled and turned to him, as Yuhan grabbed both of our menus. "What?"

He scoffed. "Nevermind. Don't blame me if you get a stomachache."

"I'm betting you money that I won't." I challenged.

He rolled his eyes and sulked in his seat. "No thanks."

I laughed softly. "Anyways.. what got you so busy last night?"

He tapped his fingers on top of the table. A habit I noticed he's had whenever he was talking to someone. "Something I believe you should do, too."

My brows furrowed. "What is it?"

He smirked and placed his hands in front of him. "Making music. But I don't think you can."

My mouth went agape at his words.. was he challenging me.. again? "Are you underestimating me, Yoongi?"

He chuckled. "No. I was only kidding. I want to give you a challenge involving that, though."

I moved my head closer. "Spill it."

"Make a piece." he said simply. "As in, write your own notes and play it. That's what I want you to do."

I blinked a few times, before smiling confidently. "Alright then! I'm game!"

He smiled. "Keep up the competitive spirit, Suyung."

We were quiet for a while, until I sat up straight and decided I should get to know him more.. like, more about his family.. his friends.. and all that. "Say.. answer if you feel comfy, but.. do you have any friends?"

"Do I really look that much of a loner?" he joked, before nodding. "Mostly seniors and sophomores. You're the first freshman I've talked to."

I pursed my lips and furrowed my eyebrows again. "Really?"

He flicked my forehead. "Stop frowning unless you want to get wrinkles."

I placed a hand on my forehead. "Ow."

"I find freshmen a bit immature, I guess." he shrugged. "But I used to be a freshman too. First years are okay, they're just too loud. I can hear them all the way from our hallway."

"Can you.. number your actual friends with your fingers?" I asked slowly.

He scoffed. "Of course I can." he rested his elbows on the table. And held up a finger per name, "Seokjin. Namjoon."

I almost chocked on the names he mentioned, then he stared at me for a while. "And Suyung."

I smiled. "I feel honoured."

He nodded. "You should."

I turned my head to the side and tried to calm myself down from panicking, when I saw my old shoes, the one we threw in the lake, beside the entrance.

"Why is it there?" I panicked.

"What's there?" Yoongi questioned, following my gaze.

I nodded furiously. "We threw those shoes down the lake months ago.."

He shrugged. "Maybe someone got it for you."

I moved my head closer, then turned to Yoongi. "It was broken when we did. Now it looks.. fixed."

"Maybe it's just a different pair." he reasoned.

I sighed and tried to calm myself down. Maybe it was a different pair.. I then turned to Yoongi again.

"How about you? You never named your friends." he said. "Quite unfair for me."

"Alright, alright." I said, giving in. They were all my friends. Like it or not, PY, I was going to enumerate their names. "Jungkook, Hobi, Jaehee, Namjoon, and you." I pointed at him.

"Should I be honoured?"

I scoffed and playfully rolled my eyes. "You're one hell of a senior."

"I'm the best senior you have." he stuck out his tongue.

"And I'm your favourite freshman, right?" I said, giving him a cute smile.

He waved a hand. "Don't get ahead of yourself, Suyung.. You're the only freshman I know."

"And you're the only senior I know." I shot back.

He flashed me a look and pushed up his glasses. "What do you call Seokijn, then?"

I shrugged, "I don't consider that."

We started talking for a bit, and our food arrived, until a topic popped in my mind. "Say.. do you know about that river area by the side of the school?"

He chuckled at what I said, running his fingers through his hair. "And I thought I was the only one."

I took a bite out of my chicken. "It's so beautiful there, right?"

"Dangerous." he shook his head and started eating. "I know how to swim, but if I fell into those waters, it's scary."

"I don't even know how to swim." I laughed softly. He cocked an eyebrow, then flashed me a questioning look. I nodded. "So I don't get too close to the water.. but still!"

"I don't even walk down the steps." he said. "I don't trust it. There isn't even a handle or a railing."

I moved my head closer. "Say.. Yoongi, who do you think made that?"

He shrugged and glanced at me weirdly. "You're weird. Uh.. maybe they didn't get to cover it up." 

"But-" again, he flicked my forehead, making me move away and flinch. "Ow! Sheesh, I was just asking."

He laughed at me. "What's in that head of yours, Suyung?"

As he said my name, I didn't know why.. I didn't know why I suddenly felt horrible. I stopped nibbling into my food, as if I lost my appetite.

"Now I know.." I murmured, my fists clenching, then I looked up at him. "I trust too easily."

He narrowed his eyes. "I don't trust easily. I just know I could trust you. Is there something in your chest you want to get off?"

"Yoongi.." I frowned, looking up at him.

"Spill it."

And I did. I told him all about the conflict. From PY's messages, to my relationship with Baekhyun, to Namjoon, to my friends, to the fight, to Baekhyun's betrayal.. I didn't even know why I didn't leave that part out when I had to.

He stayed quiet for a while. He pursed his lips and placed a hand on my shoulder. "I get it."

"Yoongi.. stay careful. I shouldn't have said that last part-"

"I understand him." he shrugged. "Namjoon isn't the only clever friend you have."

"But-"

"I can take care of myself." he reassured. "It's all on you.. you have to-"

Even he was cut off when my phone buzzed. I pulled it out, and my heart beat faster as I placed it in front of him for him to read the message.

- unknown number -

Meet me by the river.

Now.

PY.

I looked up at him. He gritted his teeth and stood up.

"Go see him."

"Just trust me on this one, Suyung." he said, as I stood up as well.

My eyes widened at his request. "Yoongi?"

"Do you trust me?" he started.

I lowered my head and took a deep breath, before looking up at him again, my heart pounding out of panic. What was he thinking? "I trust you."

"Then go see him." he said, placing money on top of the table, and pulling out his phone.

I bit my lip.

"Alright."

-----------

A/N: UHUH. SUYUNG IS GOING TO SEE... YOU KNOW WHO!

What is going on in Yoongi's mind to tell Suyung to go see the VERY dangerous man? Do you guys trust him as well?

And as for next chapter..

I'm keeping my mouth shut for that.