- Twenty

Harum Scarum

I didn't fasten my pace.

He was the last person I wanted to see.

I took my time. I was ready to what he had to say.. to what he had to command me.. to what he had to do, but I didn't want to do this anymore. I'm going to give him a piece of my mind.

I pursed my lips and took a deep breath when realising that I was now inside campus. I turned to the side to see the sun high in the sky. As of now, it was 3PM.

I sighed and entered the turn. In instinct, I turned my head and found Baekhyun standing there, by the river, his hands tucked and the soft breeze blowing on his face. All I had to do was walk down the steps to be next to him.

He tilted his head. We locked eyes for a while, until I finally gathered up my courage to walk down the cemented steps. He his heel to face me.

He had his head lowered.

"Suyung-"

Just then, I felt a stinging pain on my palm. Baekhyun placed a hand on his cheek where I slapped him, and he turned to me with wide eyes. Yet why did he look so.. sincere?

I backed away when he tried to get closer. "What do you want, you traitor?"

He pursed his lips and holds out his hands, as if wanting to touch me. Growling, I swat his hand away and stepped forward. I probably didn't look as intimidating, as I was a head shorter than him.

I place my hands on his chest and pushed him. "Why did you want me here?"

I growl in frustration when he holds my wrists from hurting him. "I hate you! Let go of me!" I yank my hands away. My emotions were getting ahead of me, but..

He smiled and let out a small, yet genuine scoff, looking down on his bleeding arm, where I managed to scratch him. "So this is what I get from protecting you.."

"Protecting me?" I snapped. "I sunk into depression because of you! I'm such a fool for trusting you, Baekhyun. My heart is so stupid." I was getting out of hand.. but I was holding all of this for so long.

He looked up, his eyes soft, yet hurt. "I'm not PY, Suyung." he looked away.

My mouth went agape at his words. I ran my fingers through my hair as I lowered my gaze. I looked up and made my way over to him, clenching his shirt into my hands. "Liar. When will you ever tell me the truth.. traitor.. I hate you! Tell me the truth!"

I shook him with all my strength, biting my lip. Just then, I felt him pull me in an embrace.

"I'm sorry.." he murmured. "I used to.. work for him when you found me on the edge of this cliff. He destroyed my life, Suyung.. He took everything away from me. I felt so bitter when you saved me."

I stayed quiet. Was he.. lying again?

"You showed me how life can still be beautiful despite all this.." his arms dropped around me. "He told me he'll hurt you.. all those trust built.."

"Who is he.." I found myself gritting my teeth, my head lowered, and I couldn't meet his eyes.

"Yuhan." he breathed out.

My heart pounded. And as if on instinct, I my heel. Until I felt a hand wrap around my wrist, stopping me from going.

I didn't know what to feel.

"Suyung, don't do anything yet." he said firmly. I bit my lip and turned, my gaze lowered.

And then I looked up, not caring as I feel tears drop from my eyes. "Baekhyun.. why would you.."

He flashed me a smile, sighing and bending down to wipe my tears with his thumb. "Hey.. we talked about you crying, right? This is my fault."

"None of this is your fault." I spat, my gaze landing on his arm. I place my hand around his arm and examined it. "Baekhyun, I'm so sorry for hurting you.. I.."

He laughed softly as I assisted him to sit down. "It's nothing, Suyung.."

"Stop acting like a hero." I said, an unconscious smile on my face. I pulled out some alcohol on my bag and some gauze, cause really.. I get scars and wounds all the time.

"You're the real hero, here." he reassured me, as I started pouring the alcohol on the gauze.

I looked up and pursed my lips. "Baekhyun.. if you told me this.. Yuhan will know. He'll do something."

He sighed and flinched a bit when I pressed the gauze on the small, yet wide, scar. "I just couldn't hide it anymore, Suyung.. do you know how much it pains me seeing you so hurt?"

"He won't do anything to you, I swear." he said, as I finished wrapping the gauze. I stood up, my heart suddenly feeling heavy for Jungkook.. for Jaehee.. for Hobi.. Namjoon..

"And he won't do anything to you again, too." I reassured, sighing and placing a hand on his cheek, where I slapped him. "I'm so sorry for hurting you, Baekhyun.. My emotions were getting ahead of me.. I wasn't thinking." He flashed me a small smile.

"You know, Suyung.." he said, standing up as well. "The depression and pain I gave you.. I'm sorry."

I turned to him and sighed again, continuing to caress his cheek. "Baekhyun.. don't be sorry, please.. I'm not going to let him go away with this." I dropped my hand.

He blinked a few times, before looking to the side, or to the view. His lips twitch into a smile, making me smile too.

Then he turned to me, the clay bracelet in his hand. He hands it to me. "Suyung.. I know this seems to be out of a sudden, but.."

"Give it to someone who'll take care of you better than I ever did." he murmured.

I switch gazes from him and the bracelet, my eyes narrowing. "What are you talking about?"

He chuckled and gently grabbed my hand, placing the bracelet on my palm and closing it, then he turned to the side.

I made my way over to him, my brows furrowed. "Baekhyun.. what are you doing?"

He smiled at me, but didn't answer. He takes both of my hands and planted a kiss on each one, before staring into my eyes.

And the familiar feeling swirled in..

My heart pounded..

My lips curved into a smile..

My cheeks flushed.

Then he intertwined both of his hands with mines, moving his head closer so that our foreheads were touching. I closed my eyes.

"I'm glad I met you." he murmured lovingly, as I felt his hand on top of my cheek. I opened my eyes and found him smiling at me.. so genuinely.. "I'm glad I got to be with you.. even if it was just for a while.."

I blinked a few times, unconscious that I was crying again. He sighed and wiped them away.

"Baekhyun, what are you talking about?" I stood up, and he gave me a knowing smile. The exact same smile he gave me when..

My eyes widened at the realisation, and I tackle him in an embrace.

"No, no, no, no.." I whispered over and over, hugging him tight, my heart not being able to accept his decision as I looked up at him.. "Baekhyun, no."

"It just feels.. right." he said. "You're too good for me.. I know it."

"No.." I said again, as if it were the only word that my mouth could form. I pulled away and stepped back, then looked up at him. "Baekhyun... please don't.."

He couldn't even look my way.

"I love you." I uttered.

He turned to me with wide eyes. I did..

I stepped forward, suddenly confident. It didn't feel awkward anymore. "I love you.. And I'm going to say it over and over again.. if you want me to. If I need to. Don't do this.. please. I love you, Baekhyun."

He smiled wide for a while, then made his way in front of me. "Hey.. remember the festival.. I won the bet, didn't I? I get to boss you around all I want."

My eyes were blurry from the tears, and I wipe them away to look at him. "Baekhyun, don't do this.. please.. you heard me.. I love you." I intertwine my hands with his.

"And I'm just going to ask you one favour, jagi." He squeezes my hands, planting a long kiss on my forehead.

"Forgive me." he breathed out lowly, as I felt him slowly let go of my hands.

My eyes widened.

"But I would never want those to be my last words.." he said, sighing and backing up.

"I just want you to remember.." he gave me one last grin, and I held out a hand, desperate to make my way over to him. To do... anything I could at that time.

"I'll always love you, Suyung." he smiled.

And he jumped.

But this time..

I wasn't able to stop him.