- Prologue

Harum Scarum

What happened?

All I could see was black.

I could feel strong arms tightly wrapped around my wrists, even though I couldn't even properly move them. Where is this person leading me into?

I could hear screams of joy as he shoved me into a room occupied with light and the rich smell of wine.

I felt another person carry me and place me on a chair, where they wrapped my torso around it from behind. And finally, untying my blindfold.

I found myself face to face with a huge crowd, below the stage where the chair I sat on stood.

What was happening?

A huge, bulky man stepped up from behind and stood beside me, motioning his hand to my direction with a mic in his hands.

I wanted to scream. But my voice was muffled. The gag in my mouth made me choke, and it didn't help me when I started crying.

Someone..

Mom? Dad?

"Now, isn't she adorable?" the man announced, chuckling as he made his way over to me and teasingly trailed his finger along my jawline.

I turned my head away, earning a scoff from him and a soft laugh from the crowd.

Mina?

"Who's placing their money on her?" he emphasised, making the crowd of disgusting, wealthy men roar and raise their handful amount of money in his face.

.. Jungkook?

"Ooh. 200,000 won?" the man cocked an eyebrow. "Ah! We got 500,000 won!"

Was I just going to get sold?

"Are we already escalating to US dollars?" the man chuckled in amusement, as he started counting the numerous hands raised in addition to having me.

"50 thousand dollars it is!" the man announced, clapping as he did so, as another person from behind started untying the rope around me.

A man about in his middle 40s stepped up and motioned me over to him. "Alright! We're going to get wild tonight!"

The crowd bursted into laughter as the person from behind started to hand me towards my seller.

With all my force, I elbowed the person from behind and pulled the gag from my mouth, and with all of the energy I have left, screamed.

"HELP ME!"

-

I wanted to believe it was all a dream.

That I would wake up to my mother's cooking. That I would wake up to my dad watering the plants. To Jungkook walking in the store, executing one of his old, corny, jokes.

But I woke up to none of that.

My eyes shot open, and out of instinct, I sat up.

"Woah, woah." an unfamiliar man from beside me exclaimed softly. I raised a fist in an attempt to punch him, but he blocked it with his palm and gently brought it down.

"Hey, calm down." he comforted. "Do I look like an old fat guy?"

Now that he mentioned that, he wasn't the man that bought me for 50 thousand dollars. I never saw him before.

He had dark hair and kind eyes. He wore a white t-shirt and black pants.

After taking in his features, I looked down on myself and realised I was dressed with clothes that weren't mine. My eyes widened.

"You.."

"Miss, I didn't do anything." he reassured, making hand motions as he did so. "I've got one of my maids to do it. I assure you your privacy."

"Why.." I scooted back until my back hit the back of the bed. He sat on a chair beside the bed.

"It wasn't pleasant watching an innocent girl being bought by old businessmen." he reasoned. "I could tell you had a fever just by looking at you from afar. I bought you."

"You.. bought me?" I couldn't take everything that was happening right now. Why would he bring me in and just be.. so nice?

"For a hundred thousand dollars." he sighed, standing up and making his way to his closet, taking out a red scarf and sitting on his stool again.

"I.."

"Don't think about paying me back." he motioned me to sat up and I did.

I felt my cheeks grow hot when he started wrapping the scarf around my neck.

"Why.. Why would you do something like that?" I breathed out, as his hands landed on his lap. He looked up and stared into my eyes, to the point where I couldn't help but admire him even more.

I felt my heart pound, and another kind of emotion swarming my feelings. I didn't know how to explain it.

"As I said, I don't like watching people getting sold." he repeated.

"So you bought me for 50 thousand dollars?" I replied. I didn't understand how someone could be so considerate. From his professional outlook, he was definitely.. a doctor.

"I'll.. I'll definitely pay you back. It may not be with money.. but I'll do something for you. I swear."

He chuckled and stood up, lending out a hand for me to take.

I took his hand and he led me outside of the room. As we walked through the hallways, it took me a while to register everything, as his house was.. huge.

"This is your house?" I asked, turning my head to glance at the huge aquarium we just passed by. 

"Hmm." he nodded, stopping by a large door and pushing it open, revealing a huge pavilion and the gate.

"Just.. how rich are you?" I turned to him with wide eyes, and he glanced back at me with a genuine smile.

"Thank my parents. They worked nicely." he chuckled, before leading me to the gates.

It started snowing as we arrived there.

"I guess you'll be comfortable enough with your clothes." he smiled, making me look down to observe myself again.

Because suddenly, I was so conscious about how I looked.

"Wait.. don't tell me you're making me keep these clothes?" I gulped, tugging the collar of the white sweater and looking down on the black leggings.

"It won't be much of a lost. I don't need to wear those clothing, you know." he laughed softly. "You do remember where you live, right?"

I nodded eagerly.

He grinned at my reply and waved his hand at one of the men by the side. The man made his way over to us and bowed down. "Yes, sir?"

"Take her back to her place." he ran his fingers through his hair and placed a hand on my shoulder. "She'll tell you her address and take her there."

The man nodded. "Alright. Let me prepare the car, sir." the man excused himself.

Soon, the car was ready. He led me outside of his house and motioned over to the car.

"Take care." he smiled genuinely, his hand making it's way toward mines. He pulled it up to his lips and kissed it.

"An action of goodbye."

I felt heat rise up my cheeks despite of the cold. I nodded, smiling unconsciously as I placed a hand on the car's door, pulling it open.

Then something flashed in my mind as I entered the car.

"Wait!" I said, just before he turned his back.

His eyes met mine.

I smiled.

"What's your name?"

____________________________________

A/N: Why? Are you getting the Kimi no Nawa feels? Just kidding. Anyways, any idea on who the nice guy is? Oh, I am so hyped to go to chapter one.

She'll be a lot more expressive on the actual chapters, so look out for that. And also, you may notice some small details as.. you know, her mentioning Jungkook. Hmm, any idea what relationship they hold?

I'm so glad to post this (actual?) chapter! Leave feedback and comments to keep me going!