- One

Harum Scarum

"Hey.." 

I felt someone poke my cheek. 

Out of annoyance, I swatted the person's hand away and turned my back from them, not wanting my slumber to be disturbed again. Was it my fault I had to search for Jungkook in the middle of the night because he was being an idiot? 

"How rude." the voice snorted, and I felt their weight lose from the bed, signalling their exit. Kind of. I felt a flick on my forehead. 

My eyes shot open, and with a groan, I pushed Jungkook's face out of the way and sat up. "Oi! What are you doing inside my bedroom so early?" 

He started laughing. I blinked a few times, and it took me a while to realise that he was wearing his school uniform. Did I forget again? Oh . 

"Ne, Yuna, I've known you for so long but I didn't know you had such.. severe bedhair in the morning. Sheesh." he moves closer and teasingly lifted up one of my locks, earning a stomp on the foot from me. 

"Don't forget the amount of blackmail I have of you, Jeon Jungkook." I grumbled, standing up from my bed and pushing him outside of the door. "Wait for me to get ready." 

He shrugged as he exits my room and walks inside the flower shop, where well, my room was connected. My family's flowershop, to be exact. 

I was lucky Jungkook was an early bird and was considerate enough to wake me up an hour before school started. I took my time with showering and getting ready. And after 15 minutes, I exited my room, brushing my still wet hair. 

"Took you long enough." he yawned, sitting across mom, who was drinking coffee and reading the newspaper while dad was watering the flowers. 

"Why do you seem so excited for school?" I smiled softy, walking over to my dad and giving him a quick peck on the cheek, as well as my mom, before grabbing a bagel on the table. My mom handed me my bag with a smile. 

"Thanks." I said gratefully, taking it from her and swinging it across my shoulder. Jungkook stood up, leaning under the door frame and patiently waiting. 

"Stay safe Suyung, Jungkook." Dad said, waving as he did so. 

I giggled and waved as well. "We will. Dad, don't forget to make dinner later, and remember to take your medicine. Mom, take care of Dad when I'm not around, alright?" 

After I said my goodbyes, Jungkook sighed heavily and started walking. "Wanna know why I'm so excited for school?" 

I furrowed my eyebrows. 

"Well you see, I heard about this guy.. they said he's a spectacular dancer. And I can't wait to see his skills." he grinned widely. 

"You just came home from a dance off last night, you're really putting up with that talent of yours, are you? Ever tried singing?" I scoffed, as we continued to walk, the breeze softly blowing on our face. 

"Soon, I guess." he replied. "And you should really do more with your piano skills. I mean, you're really good."

"This is the most normal conversation we ever had." I commented, a smirk playing on my lips. He laughed at my comment. "But you know I never got to practice much." 

"Come on, we're moving to a new school." he playfully ruffled my hair, making me glare up at him. "No doubt they have a music room with a piano." 

"Oh please." I rolled my eyes and gently swatted his hand away. "That action and those words are odd coming from you, you big baby." 

"I just wanna make you feel better, Yuna." he scoffed, before adjusting the strap of his bag whilst walking. "Also, really, you should try making new friends this time." 

I laughed softly at his comment. It was nice knowing he was worried and all, considering most of the time I was the one who had to deal with his childishness and persona. 

"You're lucky enough you're my friend. I'm not interested on making more. You're enough." I said firmly, hoping he would get over it. But him being the curious person he is, he shook his head. 

"I want to see you happy with other people too." he grinned. "Come on, it's fun. I swear." 

I rolled my eyes. "Let's just see." 

My mind wandered off to something else as we continued to walk towards school. Was it usually this far? We were probably lazing out a bit. 

"Say.." I started, clearing my throat and thinking twice wether I should tell him about the incident that happened a few months before. I never told anyone. I just.. it was so hard to explain, and I knew it took a lot of trust for anyone to believe me. 

And as for my parents, I would never want them to find out.. 

"Jungkook, remember that one night I wasn't home?" but I knew Jungkook for as long as I can remember. And I trusted him with all my heart, no matter how idiotic he can be. 

Maybe it was because he knew it from the tone of my voice, or maybe because he was tired, but he nodded slowly and waited for me to say something. 

I looked up and noticed that we were now entering campus. The soft breeze blew on our faces, signalling a perfect weather for today. 

"Let's go somewhere we can sit down first." I insisted. He nodded and we started strolling around campus until we found this weird turn by the side of the school, which led to a beautiful view of the whole town. I turn to my side. 

"There's a river down there." he said slowly, staring at the sketchy, cemented stairs clinging to the side of the mountain. 

"Well, guess what? This seems like a good hangout spot." he smiled mischievously, recklessly running down the stairs with no fear whatsoever and sitting by the side of the river. 

"Jungkook! Be more careful." I chided, carefully walking down the stairs. 

He laughed softly and turned his head to admire the view. "Well, I guess I'm finally more reckless at you in something." 

I rolled my eyes and sat beside him. "Shut up." then diverted my attention towards the view. "We've been living here for so long, it's so weird that we didn't know a place like this exists." 

"The school was hiding it!" he exclaimed, showing his bunny teeth. "How selfish." 

"Anyways.." I trailed off, a bit annoyed on breaking the mood. "I just want to get this out of my chest, and Jungkook.." I locked eyes with him. "Don't.. ever, tell this to anyone." 

He nodded and lends out both of his hands, a gesture both of us do whenever we tell each other secrets as a sign it will only be between us. I placed my hands on his.

I took a deep breath. 

"The shop I've been working for got bankrupt." I breathed out. "And.. after my shift ended, my boss confronted me. He.. he told me he'll bring me home. And I knew how much of a kind man he was.. so I came with him." 

He nodded, an uneasy expression resting on his face. 

"And when I got inside his car.. I was knocked out. When I woke up.. people were dying to buy me. I was being sold." I bit my lip and lowered my head. "A man bought me for thousands of dollars. And I passed out. I was just.. so tired. I didn't know how long I was sitting there." 

Jungkook comfortingly squeezed my hand. 

I gulped. "But when I woke up, I was in another room. A guy bought me. But he was so kind.. he bought me and let me go." 

"He offered me a ride back home. He offered me clothes, and he took care of me. I felt something odd in my chest back then.." I blinked a few times and looked up. 

"His name was.." 

"Ow! Ow!" a voice exclaimed from behind us. Out of instinct, me and Jungkook stood up, suddenly conscious. A man appeared from behind the trees, some leaves on his forehead and a phone in his hand, taking picture of the scenery. "Wow!" 

Jungkook, who was behind me, made a sound at the back of his throat. Or maybe he was saying something. Other than that, it sounded weird. 

"Oh. My bad! Is this the way to the school?" he asked, a huge grin plastered on his face. He was about the same height as Jungkook, wearing the uniform, and had some badge on the side of his blazer, saying: "Hope!".

"Just.. nevermind. Yeah. School's that way." I pointed to the cemented stairs, and I felt Jungkook bury his face into my neck from behind, which made me question some stuff. 

"Oh my god!" he said in english, which didn't sound very fluent but was nonetheless good, I guess. He inched closer with a wider smile on his face, making me back away. 

Then he placed both hands on Jungkook's shoulders. "Ah! I guess I wasn't mistaken. You're that guy from the dance-off! Do you remember me? I'm that performer, taking in the name: 'J-Hope' in the battle! I was new, and really, I performed, no pressure." 

My eyes widened a bit as I slyly glanced at Jungkook, who seemed to be sulking in the hands of the guy. "You were really talented. We should dance-off again sometime!" 

I furrowed my eyebrows. "Jungkook, who's this guy?" 

He clicked his tongue and sighed, something he did whenever something tainted his pride. "He's the guy that beat me in a dance battle last night. I didn't want to tell you. It was embarrassing!" 

"Oh come on." the guy gave Jungkook and me a few slaps on the back, the smile still not leaving his face. 

"Wow! You're that good?" I exclaimed, smiling at the guy, wherein he returned a much more brighter smile. 

He gently bumped his chest with his fist. "Yup! I just moved here. I've been dancing for years. I'm looking forward to more dance offs with this guy!" 

"You hear that, Jungkook? I want to see it, alright?" I turned to both of them. 

The guy nodded. "Of course!"

Jungkook groaned. 

"Say," I started. "I'm Rhee Suyung. And over here," I moved to Jungkook and lightly pinched his ear. "Is Jeon Jungkook." 

"Oh, I can see how your friendship works!" he grinned. "I'm new here, and I hope we can be friends! Or, close friends! I'm Jung Hoseok!"

"Yuna.." Jungkook said lowly. 

"Yuna?" Hoseok cocked an eyebrow, then turned to me. "Oh! That's such an adorable nickname!" he made a silly dance, making me laugh, and making Jungkook sulk even more. "Can I call you Yuna too?" 

I smiled and lightly slapped the back of his head. "Sure. And at least.." my eyes wandered off to the button on his blazer. "Let me call you Hobi!" 

"Deal!"

"But... wasn't I the only one allowed to call you Yuna?" Jungkook frowned, his voice quiet so that Hobi wouldn't be able to hear him. 

I laughed softly as he kept flashing Hobi jealous glances. It's funny to think that he wants me to have new friends, but gets jealous when I do. But I feel like.. 

Things are going to get better with them. 

____________________________________

A/N: Oh my god! Done! 

I think this is a good chapter, if I do say so myself. So.. what do you think of everything so far? According to some of Jungkook's lines, Suyung tends to be reckless. And I'm saying this because I want to let you guys know that you should pay more attention to small details, because many of them will make sense later! 

Also, I do confirm that there is no intimate love going on between Jungkook and Yuna. I swear! They're really just friends. And what do you think of everything and our lovely Yuna so far? Soon, her personality will be more clear! 

And yes! The two have finally met Hobi! What do you expect of their friendship? And Kookie is still bitter of his defeat! xD 

Anyways, I hope this was an enjoyable chapter for ya'll. Please do leave some feedback, votes, and comments!