- Eighteen

Harum Scarum

How did I bare this for a week?

I barely spoke to anyone for a week. Lisa still talked to me from time to time, and I sat with her and her friends whenever it was lunch time. They were nice, but I rarely talked to them. This was torture. 

But there were times wherein I passed by Baekhyun. It especially happened after school, in the hallways. He would give me a cold stare, but I would never look at him. 

He betrayed me and my friends. 

Class ended sooner than I thought. The teacher said goodbye, and when he walked outside, everyone cheered as they exclaimed that the weekend was about to start. I shouldered my bag and quietly exited the classroom. 

This time, I took a different route. I didn't want to see Baekhyun again. And to do that, I had to take the longer path. Not that I was complaining. I never wanted to see him again. 

For a week, I haven't seen Namjoon or Hobi. Jaehee was my classmate, so things were awkward. And since Jungkook and I were in the same grade, I always manage to see him around, too. 

I bit my lip and hoped for the best that I won't bump into someone I knew. 

Now that I thought about it, I never really got to this part of the school. I turned to a hallway that was next to the library, then passed by some rooms I didn't even know the school had. 

There was the home economics room, where there was a huge window, so even though I was outside, I manage to see what was inside. I saw a familiar person inside, but I'm pretty sure we've never talked before.. 

He was cooking something, and was in the midst of tasting it, when he turned his head and found me staring. He smiled softly and waved at me. 

It was Kim Seokjin! The senior! Now I remember. 

I blinked a few times, a bit shocked that he didn't ignore me, but I returned his smile and waved back, before continuing on walking down the hallway. 

I guess my memory this time hasn't let me down, hasn't it? But then again, Kim Seokjin was pretty popular in school. Especially among girls. What made him 'more attractive' was that he could cook, and that he was nice. 

I only heard it from random people, but most likely, they were right. At least he wasn't a typical bad boy and or ignorant. That's actually pretty attractive. He has charm points on that one. 

I'm guessing this is the senior hallway, then? Where most seniors hang, I guess. I didn't see much familiar people, and saw some seniors. 

Seniors' uniforms were special. Unlike juniors and freshmen like us, seniors have ties. But juniors and freshmen don't. Senior girls have ribbons. We don't. 

And almost every person I passed by was qualified for those clothes. 

There was another turn, which I was about to go to, until I heard familiar voices. 

"Jaehee, is your foot okay now?" I heard Namjoon ask, which has gotten closer. I bit my lip and lowered my head, hoping they'll just ignore me, but it seemed like they stopped walking. 

"Y-Yeah. It's healing nicely." she reassured. 

There was a moment of silence, until Hobi spoke up.

"I miss Yuna." he said softly. Everyone was then quiet for a while, until I heard one of them sigh, which was most likely Jungkook. 

"We need to talk to her." he said. "There's something wrong.. I'm sure."

And then I heard footsteps again, and this time, it was coming from in front of me. I see their shadows making their way towards me, until they were directly in front of me. 

"Suyung," Jaehee started. Even though I couldn't see her expressions as I had my head lowered, I could tell she wasn't mad anymore. 

This past week, I never tied my hair into ponytail. Instead, it was dangling in front of my gaze, which helped me. 

"Please talk to me." she pleaded. "What's.. wrong?" 

I gritted my teeth and turned my head to the side. "Nothing's wrong.. what do you want?" 

"Suyung, this is childish." Namjoon declared, making hand motions as he did so. "Whatever is the reason behind this, this thing.. you're doing, it's irrelevant." 

"It's not irrelevant." I growled. "Leave me alone." 

"Was there something I did?" Jungkook uttered, his voice soft and low. I saw him clench his fists as he talked, and I shut my eyes so I could bare it. 

I knew what PY could do. Or.. Baekhyun. He was probably still stalking me.. along with his men. Even if we seemed to be alone, we weren't. He had his way of knowing. I had no escape. 

"Is this what you do to our friendship?" he added. "Do you just throw it away like we've never been there for each other before?" 

"Jungkook-" 

"Suyung, whatever you're doing.. it hurts so much." Jaehee trailed off, lowering her head. After a while, her soft cries were audible, as she wiped her tears. "It's.. wrong." 

Was protecting them wrong? 

I was the one hurting the most.. wasn't I? 

I had no choice. 

I tightened my grip around my bag strap and tried to walk past them, but stopped when Hobi blocked my path with a careful motion. 

"Yuna, please look at us." Hobi said softly, his gaze following wherever my eyes trailed. 

I ignored him and moved to the other side, until I felt him wrap his hand around my wrist. "Clarify it, Yuna.. please?" 

I gritted my teeth and blinked numerously to try and stop the tears from coming.. again. I yanked my hand away, hair covering my face as I stepped forward, but this time, none of them stopped me. 

"I don't want to be be friends anymore." I muttered.

"Suyung-" 

Before I got to hear what they had to say, my legs were already running. I didn't know where. This seemed so familiar - I didn't know who to run to. Just like know. I didn't know where I was going. 

I just wanted to be.. 

Free. 

I turned to a hallway, fastening my pace when I heard their footsteps behind me. Desperate, I bursted into an unfamiliar door and closed it behind me, locking it in the process. 

I didn't even care anymore. 

My back slid down the door as I buried my face in my hands, hoping no one heard me crying. I didn't know I could cry so loudly until I ran inside this room. 

I familiar piano piece was playing when my cries toned down. 

The same piece Grandma would play for me whenever I was sad.. whenever I was crying.. whenever I felt down.. 

I was probably going crazy. 

I sat there until the song was close to finishing. I looked up and found myself inside the music room. My eyes trailed the room, seeing different kinds of instruments. 

The drums.. violin.. guitar.. 

"What are you doing here?" an low voice asked. My eyes widened and I quickly stood up, furiously wiping my tears and forcing a smile at the senior. 

"Ah.." I tried to find words to form together. "I just stumbled into here.. that's all. I'm sorry." 

I've never seen him around before. He had a fair complexion and cute eyes. He wasn't smiling, but he seemed nice. He sighed and ran his fingers through his hair, before making his way over to me and handed me a handkerchief. 

"You're telling me you ran into this room crying because of nothing?" he scoffed. I hesitated for a while, but he didn't seem to be too bothered. So I gladly took the cloth and wiped my tears. "Your hands might be dirty. You wouldn't want to get pimples, you're still too young." 

"I'm a freshman." I said, to make it more clear. 

He shrugged and pocketed his hands, turning on his heel. "Yeah. Too young." 

I cleared my throat and didn't manage to fight the urge to follow him. So I did. "Uh.. not wanting to be annoying.. but, you were the one that played the piano just now.. right?" 

Just then, as we turned to another part of the room, my eyes landed on a beautiful, majestic, brown piano. My mouth went agape. 

He nodded. "Hmm. Does it look like anyone else was playing it?" 

An unconscious smile made it's way to my lips. He sat on the bench in front of the piano, while I slowly approach it. He cocked an eyebrow at my odd personality. 

"What is up with you?" he smirked, as I smiled widely, trailing my hands across the piano. 

"It's.." I paused. "Beautiful." 

"You know how to play?" he questioned. I nodded and put my hands behind my back. 

"I haven't played for so long.. that piece you played earlier.. I love that piece." I spoke, smiling widely. 

He shrugged and stood up, gesturing me to sit down on the bench. "I'm not usually someone that lets anyone do this.." 

"But since you seem so eager.." I sat down on the bench. "Play a piece." 

I gulped and placed my fingers on the piano keys. I pressed down and smiled when I was satisfied with the sound. And then I continued on playing it. 

I surely made a LOT of mistakes, but it still sounded right. I played the same piece he played earlier, 'Love me', and ended it with a soft tune. 

"You're... okay, I guess, for someone who hasn't played in...?" I stood up. 

"A few years.." I answered, not sure if it was necessary that I had to say the exact years. "Also.. sunbae, I think I didn't manage to catch your name?" 

"Min Yoongi." he said, as he started playing the piano. This time, a piece even I wasn't familiar with. What surprised me more was that he didn't even bothered looking at the notes. I nodded and quietly listened as he played. 

Min Yoongi.. I haven't heard about him before.. 

"How about you? Aren't you going to tell me yours?" he asked right away after he finished playing the piece. He crossed his legs and turned to me. 

"Whoops." I mentally cursed myself for being so distracted. I just missed.. the piano so much. 

"I'm Rhee Suyung." I smiled. 

He shook his head. "You get distracted easily, huh?" 

I grinned, an idea popping in my mind. "Neh, Yoongi, can you train me on the piano?"

He looked up at me with furrowed brows. "You're already alright yourself. And besides, on't you have anything else to matter with?" 

I shook my head. "Alright isn't the word I'm looking for. I want to be.. great! Spectacular! Amazing! I want to be a musician. You think I'm qualified with the skills I have now?" 

"No." he scoffed. 

"Please?" I pleaded. 

"I'm not good around people." he reasoned, waving a hand. "Just go home already, Hoobae." 

"Suyung." I placed a hand on my hip. 

"Suyung." he said. "I'm not good with what you're requesting." 

"I'll surely give you something in return." I promised. "I really want to play the piano.. I want to make a name for myself." 

Yoongi sighed and ran his fingers through his hair. "Fine." 

I started celebrating on my own. He chuckled on how childish I was being, before waving a hand and putting on an expressionless face again. 

"Alright.. we meet here the same time everyday.. If you're late.. you need to treat me food." 

I sulked. He was really asking me that? 

I playfully rolled my eyes but smiled and held out a hand anyways. 

"Deal, Yoongi!" 

_______

A/N: Doesn't it excite you when a new member is shown above? ^^ Hehe, anyways!! We got Yoongiiii~ And I guess he'll be training Suyung's piano skills from now on~ 

And TEAM FAM has confronted Suyung! But of course, she still didn't utter anything about her and Baekhyun's 'deal'. 

WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT EVERYTHING SO FAR? 

WE'VE GOT A MIX OF HAPPY AND BAD THINGS NOW!