- Twenty-One

Harum Scarum

I was once told loving someone felt like you were on cloud nine.

That their simple smile would brighten up your day, that their presence'll make you perk up and excited, and that such simple words coming from them meant a lot. That love was always.. beautiful.

It wasn't.

My mouth went agape - and everything went quiet. So quiet that I could hear sounds I shouldn't hear. The crunching of leaves, as if someone were approaching me from behind. Maybe I was going crazy..

I blinked a few times, my hands trembling and my legs suddenly becoming weak. I dropped to the ground, my gaze still directed in front of me.. where the love of my life once stood.

My heart clenched, and pursing my lips, I continue to stare into space, hoping he would come back.. he would never leave me.. would he?

"Yuna.." now I was hearing voices.. why would my friends come for me when they I didn't treat them like they were?

But the voice did snap me from my thoughts. I held out my hand and slowly moved myself forward.

"Baekhyun.." I murmured, feeling tears sting my eyes as I fastened my pace, slowly standing up.

"Yuna." it said again, but this time, I felt strong arms wrap around my shoulders from behind. "Baekhyun's gone."

I blinked my tears away and took a deep breath.. before forcing myself to the edge of the cliff.. to find him? I didn't know anymore. "No.. he's not gone.. you don't know that, Jungkook.."

"Yu-"

"He's not gone." I repeated, my voice cracking as I held out my hand again. "He won't leave me.. do you think that he will? All of us are friends.. why would you say that?"

"He's gone." he said again, his voice beating me to a sterner tone. "He's dead."

I opened my mouth, in attempt to make him believe that he shouldn't say such things, until my heart pounded.. until I couldn't take this reassuring anymore.

I broke down, crying into his arms. Jungkook sighed and pulled me close. "He told you something important.. Yuna.. what is it?" the voice was different, and I recognise it belonging to Namjoon.

I didn't want them to know about him lying that he was PY. So instead..

I lowered my head, though Jungkook didn't pull away. "Yuhan is PY."

"Yuhan.. as in, your manager?" his eyes widened. I pursed my lips and nodded.

Jaehee or Yoongi was nowhere to be seen.

"I know this is hard, Yuna." Jungkook pulled away and sighed. "But we have to take care of Yuhan first before mourning.. can we.. save the emotions for later?"

I forced a smile, and I felt like after this incident, it would take moments for me to flash everyone another genuine one.

And then another feeling swirled in when I looked up.

Vengeance and anger.

"Indeed."

And I ran.

", Yuna, slow down! Don't attack so recklessly!" I heard Namjoon scream from behind me. Jungkook would've caught up, but I was taking routes even he didn't know where to go to.

I didn't reply.

I wanted to deal with him myself. He was the one behind all this.. acting all nice and genuine, when he was just a snake and a traitor who deserves to be in prison.. he never deserved to have such a nice life.

But I wasn't going to let him go this time.

Baekhyun..

He was..

Amazing...

"When did you get this scar?" Baekhyun asked out of nowhere. He was staring at me again.. wasn't he? He trailed a finger on my jawline, where a small scar laid. I laughed softly, shrugging.

"I can't believe you notice such little things." I said, gently waving off his hand. "I got it when I was a kid. I know it sounds stupid, but I got it because I fell from a swing."

He laughed. "Ha! How could you fall from a swing in the first place?"

I stuck out a tongue. "I'm an adventurous child! I was standing on the swing! Sitting is too boring."

He scoffed and lightly poked my cheek. "No wonder. Ever heard of being careful?"

"I-"

"!" I was cut off with Baekhyun swearing and standing up, dusting himself crazy as he did so. I furrowed my eyebrows and looked up at him, stifling a laugh as he started panicking.

"What are you doing?" I asked, as he started tapping his feet and dusting his shoulders and other stuff like that. I stood up as well and checked out surroundings in the field. God.. he's so weird.

"I saw a cockroach." he said, his nose scrunching up as he said it. "Ew.."

Maybe I should of not have, since Jungkook was afraid of bugs too, but I bursted out laughing at him. "Seriously? They're pretty much harmless."

"They're.. disgusting. ." he said, rubbing his arms.

"Stop cursing." I chided. I wasn't really the type of person to be comfortable in swearing, so if I did swear.. then.. I must be pretty mad. I turned to him.

"Then what if I don't stop cursing?" he teased.

"I'll wash your mouth with soap." I threatened.

"Or.." he pulled me behind a tree.

My heart pounded when I found my face a few inches from his.. and god.. again, his eyes..

"Why do we have to hide?" I whispered.

"I want to tell you something.." he trailed off.

I blinked a few times, feeling heat rise up my cheeks. "What is it?"

He kissed the scar on my jawline. "I love you."

I stared at him, forcing a smile. "Baekhyun.. don't you think-"

He squeezed my hand. "I do."

I sighed, placing a hand on his cheek. "I'll say it once I'm sure.. alright?"

He scoffed playfully and moved his head away. "Hmm.. I'll make sure it happens."

I laughed. "Feel free."

Biting my lip, I fastened my pace. I felt tears sting my eyes again as the wind roughly blew on my face, the sun setting on the horizon.

I turned to a street, my eyes narrowing when my gaze drops on the ramen shop in front of me.

And I bursted inside the doors.

Only to find myself face to face with Yuhan holding Jaehee close to him, a gun directed on the side of her head.

He gritted his teeth. "Kneel."

-----

A/N: Suspense!!

Jaehee is in trouble oh no!

And you guys probably figured out by now that I can kill off some characters so.. I guess we better watch out for that? I mean.. Jaehee's life is in the line..

And I swear, things will change right after this first conflict.. because let me tell you: Suyung's lost will change her.