Chapter 9

HOME [GOTWICE FANFICTION]

Dahyun knocked Nayeon and Jeongyeon's room's door and not long after Nayeon opened the door.

"Unnie, I suddenly have to go early this morning, can you take my place to shop the groceries?" Dahyun asked. She looked like she was in a rush so Nayeon immediately nodded.

"Yes, sure," Nayeon said. Besides she didn't have any morning class today so it's no problem for her.

"Thank you unnie! I'll help you make dinner tonight. Oh, and Jinyoung oppa already make the grocery list. I'm in a rush now so I'll get going first okay, unnie? Thank youuu!!" Dahyun said. Nayeon didn't even manage to respond with anything but the girl already ran downstairs, leaving Nayeon chuckling to herself.

Nayeon took a bath before getting ready to go out. She dressed up in a sweatshirt and jeans before checking herself in the mirror for the last time. When she felt satisfied with her look, she walked downstairs and saw Jinyoung sitting on the couch. Nayeon walked approaching the older guy. She hesitatedly tapped his shoulder, and he turned around to look at her.

"Uhm, Dahyun said you have the list. Can I have it?" Nayeon said. Jinyoung's brows frowned in confusion.

"Why should I give it to you?" Jinyoung asked. Nayeon was about to scoff before she realized that Jinyoung was serious and demanding an answer from her.

"Because I'm going to shop for groceries? Why else?" Nayeon asked back.

"But you're going with me though. Dahyun partnered with me," Jinyoung said. Nayeon eyes widened slightly, before she remained(or pretended to be) calm again.

"Oh, really? She didn't tell me that," 

"If you don't want to go, it's okay. I can go alone. You're avoiding me afterall," Jinyoung said before he stood up, getting ready to go.

"I can go, and I'm not avoiding anyone. Let's go," Nayeon said before she walked ahead of Jinyoung. Jinyoung just followed in silent while his lips formed a small smile.

 

 

Since Jinyoung doesn't own a car, both him and Nayeon just walked to the mart. It's not that far from their house, just 15 minutes away of walking. However, it was the most awkward-est, longest, 15 minutes for both Nayeon and Jinyoung.

Jinyoung glanced at Nayeon and saw that she was looking around, obviously, anywhere but him. But Jinyoung wouldn't let this golden opportunity to slip just like this. He started by clearing his throat to get Nayeon's attention.

"Uhm, so... How have you been doing? Study, and all?" He didn't fail to notice the way Nayeon flinched in surprise when he started the conversation.

"Oh, yeah, well, I got everything under control, I guess," Nayeon simply answered. Jinyoung pursed his lips together, already ran out of words to say. 

"How.... about yours?" Nayeon asked. Jinyoung turned to look at her as she kept her gaze straight to the road. He was slightly surprised that she asked, but he's not complaining.

"I'm trying my best. The theatre team wants me back in the team, so I'm trying to balance with my study,"

"Didn't they kicked you or something because of that one who framed you for sabotaging the props? They want you back now?" Nayeon asked. 

Nayeon remembered back then when Jinyoung came home looking sad and told her that he was kicked from the team. Nayeon couldn't be anymore furious. She remembered the dissapointed look in Jinyoung's eyes and she was really close to go and meet the team herself but Jinyoung kept telling her that he lost his heart to act again after what happened so Nayeon just let it go, even though it was obvious that the guy was lying.

Nayeon was brought back to reality when she heard Jinyoung chuckled.

"You remember that? Well yeah, they caught the guy red handed, and apologize to me. And I guess they just realized that they can't win the competition without me," Jinyoung said, shrugging his shoulder. Nayeon scoffed at his words.

"Who do you think you are? Song Joongki?" Nayeon asked jokingly.

"You're the one who said I'm better than Song Joongki!" The words slipped out of his tounge before he could stop it. Again, that was something that Nayeon said back during their dating days. Jinyoung was scared the situation would be awkward again, but Nayeon let out a chuckle instead.

"That was a lie," Nayeon replied.

"Oh, so everything you said to me was a lie?" Jinyoung asked. The question turned out more deep than he intended, though.

"Well, not everything. But that one was definitely a lie," Nayeon said. Jinyoung clutched his chest, acting like he's hurt at Nayeon's words.

"Wow, you're so cold. My heart is freezing," Jinyoung said. Nayeon finally, let out a light laugh as she stuck out her right leg to kick Jinyoung's shin lightly. 

Jinyoung could feel his heart doing the opposite of his words. He felt his heart warmed at the sight of Nayeon laughing- not because of Jackson's gag, not because of the other girls' funny story, not because of variety show playing on the tv. 

But because of him.

 

 

 

Mark came back home later that evening because his class ended late and he got caught up in traffic. All he wanted to do was lay on the bed and sleep, and wake up tomorrow's morning. Mark was about to key in the passcode, when the door was suddenly opened from inside. A surprised looking Mina then came to his sight.

"Oh, Mina! You're going out?" Mark asked. 

"Uh, yes. I'm going to jog at the park. I think I gained some weight," Mina said, smiling at the older guy. Mark frowned at her words.

"What? You're not! Oh, by the way..." Mark trailed off as he suddenly remembered something.

He was going to ask Mina about what Bambam said to him. You know, about Sana having a crush on him. It's a bit embarassing for Mark to ask this himself, since he's not very close to Mina, but he was deadly curious and of course, because he couldn't trust Bambam.

"Mark oppa?" Mina called his name, bringing him back to the reality. 

"Oh, yes, I'm sorry. Are you going alone?" Mark asked. He's tired, but he couldn't think any other opportunity to ask Mina about the matter either so he decided that this would be the best time. Fortunately, Mina nodded to his question. Perfect.

"Can I go too? But I need to change my clothes. Just give me 5 minutes?" Mark eagerly asked. Mina was a bit flustered, but she nodded anyway.

"S-sure, I'll wait here," Mina said. Mark gave her a grin.

"Alright, I'll be right back!" And Mark dissapeared inside the house.

 

 

Both of them went to the park nearby, where Mark and Jackson often jog together on the weekend. There were a lot of people than he thought it would be. But it's not too packed too. 

Mina felt kind of awkward being alone with just Mark. They had their fair amount of doing house chores or shopping for groceries together, but they never did something other than those tasks. This was their first time, and to be honest, awkward wasn't the only thing Mina could feel right now.

She felt like her heart almost burst in nervousness.

"Uhm, well, actually I have something to ask," Mark said, while both of them were jogging lightly. 

"Oh? Sure, what is it about, oppa?" Mina asked. 

"It's about... Sana," Mark replied. Mina felt as if her heart dropped to the ground. To say that she was confused was an understatement. First, Mark joined to jog with her. Then, he wanted to ask her something, but it's about Sana. Oh, wait...

"Actually... Ah, it's embarassing to say this by myself. Uh... I heard that... Aish, seriously, how to say this?" Mark laughed as he turned to look at Mina. Mina couldn't help but laugh along at Mark's adorable act.

"How can I know that, oppa?" Mina asked him back. Mark rubbed the back of his neck shyly.

"Uh... I heard that Sana... has a crush on me," Mark finally said it. The guy then laughed again to cover his embarassment, but that didn't change the fact that Mina was really, really shocked at what Mark just said. How did he knew that???

"What? Where did you hear that, oppa?" 

"Uh... Somewhere," Mark said, avoiding eye contact with Mina. Oh, wait. The only person who knew about this was...

"Bambam?" Mina asked. Though she was silently hoping that it's not him. Let Mark heard hers and Sana's conversation or he just guessed- just whatever, except for hearing it from Bambam.

Mina felt her heart crushed with betrayal when Mark slowly nodded his head. Mina calmed herself down, because right now who told Mark wasn't the point. She was sure Mark had other thing in mind.

"Wait, so it's true? Bambam isn't lying?" Mark asked in disbelief. 

"Yeah, it's true. You thought Bambam lied to you?" 

"I thought he was just doing another prank on me. And I didn't really think that... Sana will like me," Mark replied. Mina chuckled at his words. If only you know...

"She really likes you, oppa. I doubted it, but I guess she wasn't lying when she said she didn't make it obvious in front of you," Mina said, and Mark laughed lightly. Mina had mixed feelings when she saw how Mark's eyes curved as he laugh, but she decided to ignore it for now.

"She did a good job. I can't even imagine her liking someone like me," Mark said, shaking his head. 

"What do you mean by 'someone like you'? You're amazing, full of charms. You're kind, humble, good looking, currently doing well in your master, you even take care of your friends well. It's not just Sana..." These words were playing in Mina's mind but of course she didn't say it out loud. Mina looked down to her shoes, and she somehow spotted Mark's brand new sport shoes, compared to hers that she wore for almost 2 years already. 

"She really likes you, oppa. I really hope both of you will be together," Mina said, as she looked up again and made eye contact with Mark. She didn't fail to notice the slight blush creeping up on his cheek once hearing her words.

Mina then remembered something she said to Bambam back then.

It's a fight that she can't win.

 

 

Mark rubbed his eyes as he woke up from his sleep. His hand wandered for his phone and found it under the pillow. He unlocked the screen and saw the clock showed him that it was 2:30 in the morning. 

He fell asleep not long after dinner because he was really tired, after a busy day and jogging with Mina this evening. Now that he already woke up he didn't know at what time he will fall asleep again.

Mark slowly got up from his bed, careful to not wake Jackson up. He wanted to go to the kitchen to drink some water since he felt his throat kind of hoarse. 

He thought everyone was sleeping already, but he was surprised when he heard the sound of tapping on keyboard that were loud due to the silence. He thought that must've been Youngjae, probably playing games again.

But, he thought wrong.

"Sana?" Mark called out but Sana didn't notice him as she was busy looking through the pages of dictionary. Mark went to the dining table and pulled the chair in opposite of her. The creaking sound of the chair surprised Sana and she looked up, before she sighed in relieve when she saw Mark was grinning at her.

"You surprised me! Again!" Sana said. Mark chuckled.

"Not my fault you're so focused in what you do and easily get surprised," Mark replied.

"Why aren't you sleeping yet, oppa?" 

"Look who's talking? I slept early and suddenly woke up. I want to drink water that's why I come down," Mark said. Sana nodded.

"How about you? Last minute work?" Mark asked. 

"Ah, no. I just want to finish it before tomorrow, well today, to show it to my lecturer first. Mina is already sleeping so I don't want to disturb her," Sana said. Mark nodded. Mark looked around, and saw Korean-English and Japanese-English dictionary were on the table, along with a textbook and a notebook.

"English?" Mark asked. Sana pouted and nodded. 

"That's why I want to check it with my lecturer first. But this is taking longer than I thought. You know my problem with English, oppa," Sana said, laughing embarassedly at the end of her sentence.

"I can help you if you want. I don't know if I can fall asleep again," Mark offered.

"Eh? No, oppa, thank you but you've helped me so much already. And it's late, you should rest more," Sana said. Mark smiled at her.

"It's okay, I really want to help you," 

"No, oppa, I didn't even give you anything when you helped me for the quiz. I--"

"If you really want to pay me for it, how about you treat me to a movie one day? If you insist to give something," Mark said. Sana was speechless for a moment at Mark's words. Movie? With Mark?!?!?!

"Well, I don't mind it but--"

"So just let me help you, Sana,"

 

 

"To support your point, you should provide something from research that has been done before. It'll be better if you find gaps in the research and provide more point from your own resear---" Mark trailed off when he noticed that Sana didn't respond to his words. When he looked to his left, Sana already fallen asleep, eyes shutted close while was slightly open. Unknowingly, Mark's lips curved into a smile at the sight.

Suddenly, Sana's body unconciously leaned to her left and further away from Mark and was about to fall off the chair. Out of panic, Mark reached out and quickly grabbed her shoulder. At the same time, Sana woke up and the first thing she saw was Mark's face, really, really close to hers. Both hers and Mark's eyes widened as they stared at each other like the cliche kdrama scene, before Mark came to his sense back and let go of his hold on Sana's shoulder. Mark leaned away and diverted his gaze to the laptop screen.

"You should go to sleep, your eyes are tired. Your mind needs to rest too," Mark said. 

"It's okay, I'll continue some more. If you're tired you can sleep first, oppa. I'll take you to the movie, don't worry," Sana replied. Mark looked at her again and shook his head.

"No, Sana. You need to rest for your classes. I don't think you can finish it by the morning comes, so it's better for you to sleep. I'll help you, with or without movie," Mark said. He was looking straight to her eyes, and Sana knew it's not the right time but the seriousness in his eyes made the butterflies in her stomach awake and danced.

"Alright, oppa. Thank you so much, and I'm sorry I fall asleep," Sana said, grinning sheepishly. Mark chuckled. Before he could stop himself, his hand already reaching out and ruffled Sana's hair. 

Cute.

 


 

I'm so sorry I took longer to finish this chapter because I'm distracted with JJP's comeback hehehehehehe.

Oh and I just noticed that I made a few silly mistake on the prev chapter, and edited it, so you guys can check it again if you want. 

I really want to thank you guys who voted for this story. Every single vote, subscriber, and comment really means a lot to me TTTTTT Thank you so much for the love for this story TTTT

Have a nice day everyone!!

-rainbowalien