Chapter 8

HOME [GOTWICE FANFICTION]

Nayeon walked out of kitchen with a glass of orange juice in her hand. She then encountered with Jaebum and Dahyun, both dressing up like they're going somewhere.

"Oh? You guys are going somewhere?" Nayeon asked. Dahyun looked at Jaebum, as if signalling the older guy to answer Nayeon's question.

"Dahyun's going to meet her friends outside. I'll give her a lift since I'm going somewhere too," Jaebum said. Dahyun nodded and grinned at Nayeon.

"Ah, I see. Take care! Especially you, Dahyun. Don't do ridiculous things outside! And don't have too much fun without me!" Nayeon said. Dahyun smiled and hugged Nayeon.

"I'll remember that, unnie," 

"We'll get going then," Jaebum said after both girls pulled away from each other. Nayeon sent them to the door and waved goodbye to them. 

"I feel so bad for lying to her," Dahyun said as soon as both her and Jaebum closed the car's door. 

"Well, technically, I was the one who lied," Jaebum said while starting the car engine.

"But still! I feel bad... I feel like I just lied to my mom," Dahyun said. Jaebum chuckled at his girlfriend's words.

"Really? Should we cancel the date then?" Jaebum pretended to unbuckle his seat belt and Dahyun quickly held his arm, stopping him from doing so.

"Wait, no, no! That's not what I mean," Dahyun said as she grinned sheepishly. Jaebum smiled before he reached up and pinched Dahyun's squishy cheek lightly. 

"By the way you look pretty today," Jaebum said.

"Thanks, you look pretty too," Dahyun said, causing Jaebum to laugh.

"Oh, our outfit kind of match too today!" Dahyun said excitedly. Jaebum was wearing a black t-shirt with a denim jacket over it, along  with black jeans (and Dahyun couldn't get over the fact that Jaebum looks really good today), while Dahyun wore a white with blue stripes t-shirt and a denim skirt. Jaebum took a glance at Dahyun and nodded, agreeing to his girl's words.

"You look pretty today," Jaebum said. 

"Oppa, you already said that earlier," Dahyun replied.

"I know, just feel like telling you again," Dahyun's lips curved into a wide smile at Jaebum's words.

"Well... You look really cool today, too," Dahyun said shyly. She rarely said her thoughts out loud like this, though it's pretty obvious when they're together Dahyun literally stared at Jaebum the whole time.

"That's what I waited for actually," Jaebum said, teasing Dahyun and the girl lightly slapped his arm, before the car was filled with laughter and love in the air.

 

 

 

"Okay, so tell me what happen with 'I don't want to go shopping alone with you because people will mistake you as my boyfriend and I don't want that'?" Youngjae asked with a smug smile on his face.

"You tell me, I don't expect to shop with you alone too. The girls said they have plans already,  but I think something's fishy," Jeongyeon said.

"Like they purposely want us to go shopping together?" Youngjae asked. Jeongyeon just shrugged her shoulder. Youngjae could see Jeongyeon was quite dissapointed but she tried to look unbothered by it.

"It's okay, I'll use all my knowledge about fashion and help you look ing stunning that the Wonpil guy in his pants after he sees you," Youngjae said as he flung his arm around Jeongyeon's shoulder. Youngjae's words manage to make Jeongyeon let out a small laugh.

"Your knowledge in fashion? Do you even have any?" 

"I'll show you the fashionista side of Choi Youngjae today," Youngjae said and that made Jeongyeon burst into laughter.

 

Both of them entered the first shop and were welcomed by the workers there.

"Did he tell you where  you guys will have dinner?" Youngjae asked.

"We're going to his parents' restaurant. He mentioned the name and I looked it up on Google. Turns out it's a 3-stars restaurant," Jeongyeon said, and Youngjae responded with a  gasp.

"Really? 3 stars is great! Wow, Yoo Jeongyeon, did you seduce a chaebol or something?" Jeongyeon gave the guy a slap to his back.

"I didn't seduce anyone! Not my fault that I'm full of charm," Jeongyeon said. Youngjae shook his head and sighed.

"Goodbye, I'm going home," Youngjae was about to turn around when Jeongyeon grabbed the hood of his sweater. He immediately stumbled and turned back to look at Jeongyeon, who was smiling widely.

"Where are you going? Too bad, you're stuck with me today," Youngjae dramatically sighed before Jeongyeon laughed at her best friend's already tired face.

 

"Yoo Jeongyeon, are you sewing dress inside? What took you so long?" Youngjae complained. It has been like, 15 minutes since Jeongyeon entered the fitting room to try one dress and Youngjae himself thought that it wasn't the best dress yet so why was she wasting hers, and his time like this?

"I don't think this is the right one," Jeongyeon said from behind the door.

"Just let me see first," Youngjae said.

"I have no confidence!"

"It's okay, it's just me. Pretty sure I've witnessed worse than this," Youngjae held in his laugh when he heard Jeongyeon's annoyed groan. All of a sudden the door were pulled open and Youngjae almost jumped right there. Jeongyeon then came to his sight, wearing a soft pink strap dress with ruffle on her chest area that went over just before her ankle. She raised her eyebrows at Youngjae, asking his opinion. Youngjae's brows creased, as he observed the dress.

"You look pretty, but I don't think this dress suits you. It makes you look older, and that's not a good thing, considering how you already look like an ahjumma," Youngjae chuckled at the piercing look Jeongyeon gave him, before continuing, "So this dress is a no," 

After what felt like an eternity, Jeongyeon came out wearing a black dress with laces on her upper half, while the skirt part stopped slightly below her knees. 

"This kind of dress, and the length suits you. You look pretty. But... Are you going to a funeral?" Youngjae gave his comment, and Jeongyeon sighed before going inside the fitting room again.

After another two dress at the shop, both of them agreed to go to other store. So here they are, at their second shop of the day.

"Which dress are you trying?" Youngjae asked while playing game on his phone. He figured out that Jeongyeon took at least 7 minutes and 25 seconds to come out from the fitting room so he better made use of his time the best as he could.

"The dress that you pick," Jeongyeon asnwered. Youngjae choked his own spit when he heard that.

"Oh.... that dress..." 

Jeongyeon then came out, wearing a long sleeve white dress with black polka-dot on it. Her face didn't look so good but she waited for Youngjae's opinion anyway.

"Honestly?" Youngjae asked. Jeongyeon nodded.

"Honestly..." Youngjae paused before he pulled up his phone and before Jeongyeon could realize it a click had been heard. Youngjae laughed as he looked at his phone.

"Honestly, I just want to see you wear this dress for fun," Youngjae said, still laughing. Jeongyeon ran to him and kicked his . Youngjae laughed only went louder.

"I'll make sure I get my revenge on you for this," Jeongyeon said, narrowing her eyes at Youngjae. She then entered the fitting room once again to change. Youngjae calmed himself down, before he noticed that there were two female worker nearby who witnessed what happened between the two and they had smile on their face. Youngjae unknowingly blushed and smiled awkwardly at them. He then went back to playing game on his phone.

Not long after, the door were opened and Youngjae looked up. Youngjae immediately choked once again, but this time, for a complete different reason. Jeongyeon came out wearing a strapless dress- which exposed her shoulder and the top of her chest area, not to mention the dress stopped midway through her thigh, which showed her long, slim legs.

"No, BIG, HUGE, LARGE, GIANT, GIGANTIC NO!" Youngjae said. Jeongyeon's eyebrows met before she looked down at the dress she was wearing.

"Why? I think this is the best so far. Do I look bad in this?" Jeongyeon asked the workers. Both of them shook their head.

"Not at all, miss. I think this dress brings out your figure the best," One of the workers said. Youngjae gasped as he quickly shook his head.

"No, no. Listen to me, you wouldn't be comfortable in it"

"I'm the one wearing it, how can you know?" Jeongyeon asked, rolling her eyes. Youngjae sighed. At this time Youngjae just wish his best friend wasn't too hard-headed and just follow his words.

"Honestly, I think you look bad in this dress. I won't let you meet him if you buy this dress!" Youngjae said. Jeongyeon pouted at his words.

"Fine! There's no need to over-reacting. What a way to ruin someone's self esteem," Jeongyeon mumbled her last sentence as she walked back into the shop. He noticed that the two workers were eyeing him, probably judging his taste. The dress is pretty, Jeongyeon looked pretty too. But to let her wear something exposing like that to meet a guy on her first date? Hell no! Not to mention that Youngjae didn't know the guy that well yet. For God's sake the guy could even be a ert. 

Youngjae took a deep breath to calm himself down. Why were his palms suddenly become sweaty?

 

 

Jaebum and Dahyun just finished watching a movie together and now they were just casually walking around the mall. Dahyun could be talking about anything, from her studies to the most random topic like her friend's cat got pregnant and had been having moodswings, but Jaebum just diligently listened to all her words like she dropped list of topics that will be tested in the exam.

There would sometimes be a few chuckle here and there, and sometimes Jaebum would ask question, all while his thumb was rubbing Dahyun's hand as their fingers were intertwined together. 

Jaebum has his fair share of bad days and when he came home all he wanted to do was Dahyun to sit beside him and just talk about whatever, while he held her hand in his. Though he had to refrain himself and be satisfied with the glances and smiles they gave each other secretly. But, love is amazing. Just by seeing Dahyun's face he could feel his day was getting better. 

Jaebum's thought were interrupted when Dahyun abruptly stopped her steps which almost making Jaebum to hit her head with his infamous chin. Dahyun's gasped as she pointed at a direction.

"Oppa, isn't that Youngjae oppa and Jeongyeon unnie?" Jaebum looked at the cloth store Dahyun pointed at and saw Youngjae and Jeongyeon were talking while Jeongyeon was holding a dress in her hand. Jaebum's brows met in confusion.

"What are they doing here?" Jaebum asked.

"Oh, right! Jeongyeon unnie wants to shop for new cloth for a dinner with this one guy, she asked us but Nayeon unnie secretly plans to let her go alone with Youngjae oppa," Dahyun said. Jaebum nodded.

"Why, though? It's not like those two have feelings with each other," Jaebum said. At first, he too doubted Youngjae and Jeongyeon but after observing, and asking to Youngjae who was also his roommate, seeing how the younger boy just laughed and denied it made Jaebum assured that they were really just close friend.

"I don't-- Oh my God oppa, they're coming out!" Dahyun said in panic before she held Jaebum's arm and dragged him inside the Adidas store opposite of where Youngjae and Jeongyeon were coming out. They hid behind the plastic model on display. Dahyun peeked out her head a little and saw both Youngjae and Jeongyeon walked pass them. She let out a relieved breath while Jaebum stifled his laugh at Dahyun's adorable act. Dahyun who noticed it was about to slap Jaebum's arm before both of them heard something.

"Yah! Choi Youngjae, come here!" Both Dahyun and Jaebum froze and had their eyes widened because both of them saw that Jeongyeon was looking at the store they were in, while waiting for Youngjae to come back because he walked ahead her. 

"What? Let's go find your dress," It was Youngjae.

"Wait, I want to buy new cap, help me choose one," Jeongyeon said, holding Youngjae'a arm and dragging him to go inside the store. Both Jaebum and Dahyun tensed when their two housemates' argue became more clear and felt really nearby the store.

"No, let's go find your dress first! Do you even have enough money to buy both cap and dress? Dress is freaking expensive. I don't want to use my money if you don't have enough," Youngjae nagged. 

"But the cap... Let's just take a look okay, I promise I won't buy!" Jeongyeon pleaded.

"No, no. Dress first. After that we'll look for a cap, okay?" Youngjae said, in a more calm tone than before. Jeongyeon scoffed before she replied, "Fineeeee," to Youngjae's words. Then, both of them walked away, leaving the store and the couple who sighed in relieve. 

"Uhm, excuse me, Miss, Mister, can we help you in any way?" Both Jaebum and Dahyun turned around and saw a worker looking at them confusedly. Dahyun awkwardly laughed.

"No, no. We're sorry, and thank you. We'll leave now," Dahyun said before dragging Jaebum out of the store.

"That was some nerve-wrecking scene there," Dahyun said. Jaebum laughed lightly.

"Yeah, but it was kind of funny too," Dahyun laughed along when she realized how weird they might look just now.

"But we didn't get caught!" Dahyun exclaimed  excitedly. Jaebum gave her a sweet smile.

"So, can I have your hand back?" Jaebum asked, holding up his palm as he pointed at Dahyun's hand. Dahyun grinned as she gladly gave her hand and Jaebum smiled before he intertwined their fingers together again.

 

 

"YOUNGJAE! THIS IS IT! THIS IS IT!" Jeongyeon excitedly said from behind the door of the fitting room. It's their fourth shop of the day, and probably the twelfth dress Jeongyeon had tried.

"Show it to me first, I don't trust your taste," Youngjae said while still casually playing game. He soon then heard the sound of the door pushed open, so he paused the game and looked up. His eyebrows rose up as soon as he saw Jeongyeon.

She was wearing a pastel pink dress, with a lining piece on the inside and layered with the same colored lace. Jeongyeon looked at Youngjae in anticipation as she grinned.

"It's pretty, right?" Jeongyeon asked. Youngjae cleared his throat before he nodded.

"Well, yeah, only the dress though," Youngjae said.

"Did I ever said I'm tthe pretty one?" Jeongyeon rolled her eyes.

"But this dress is pretty right? It's the one right??" Jeongyeon asked again. Youngjae chuckled at how Jeongyeon reminded him of little kid who really wanted to buy a toy and was begging to her mother to buy it.

"Well, yeah, buy this," Youngjae said. Jeongyeon frowned at his simple answer.

"You don't sound convincing enough. If you have other opi--"

"You look pretty in it," Youngjae cutted her words. Jeongyeon grinned in satisfaction.

"There, is it that hard to say?" Jeongyeon said before she turned around to talk with the worker.

What Jeongyeon didn't manage to notice was her bestfriend's ears were turning bright red.

 

 

After they bought the dress, Jeongyeon and Youngjae walked around the mall, looking for a place to eat. While they were just casually talking about computer games, something caught Youngjae's eyes.

"That's Dahyun, right?" He asked. Jeongyeon followed the direction that he pointed at and saw Dahyun was sitting inside a cafe. Both Youngjae and Jeongyeon approached her.

"Kim Dahyun~" Jeongyeon sang. Both Youngjae and Jeongyeon laughed when they saw that Dahyun almost jumped on her seat. She looked at both of them with wide eyes.

"Yah, why are you so surprised? Did you do anything wrong?" Youngjae asked teasingly. Dahyun laughed at his words.

"No, no, because... My friend just went to the toilet, I'm surprised because I thought my friend comes back already," Dahyun said.

"Oh, unnie, is that the dress?" Dahyun asked as she looked at the bag Youngjae was holding. She's pretty sure that's the dress, but she just asked to avoid them from asking her more question.

"Yup! It's really pretty, Youngjae got speechless when he saw me in it," Jeongyeon said. Youngjae rolled his eyes and that made both Jeongyeon and Dahyun laughed. Dahyun looked around, Jaebum was still nowhere in sight, and she hoped he saw both Jeongyeon and Youngjae before he came to the cafe.The trio talked a bit about the movie that Dahyun watched just now, and while talking, Dahyun's phone rang. Luckily she didn't put her phone on the table, or else both Youngjae and Jeongyeon would saw Jaebum's name on the screen.

"Hello? Yah, where are you? What took you so long?" Dahyun asked. She mentally bowed at Jaebum for speaking informally to him.

"D-dahyun? You're okay? Is that Youngjae and Jeongyeon with you? I'm nearby, but I saw you're with them, so I stayed away," Jaebum said.

"Ah.. You want to eat at other cafe? Well, that's okay with me. I'll be there soon," Dahyun said, still acting. She then heard Jaebum chuckled on the other line.

"Alright, I'll wait for you at Starbucks. Be careful. Love you," Jaebum said and Dahyun could already picture the smug smile Jaebum had on his face. Dahyun bit her lower lip to stop herself from smiling. She made a mental note to slap Jaebum's arm as soon as she see him soon.

"Alright then, see you," Dahyun said before she ended the call. She looked at Youngjae and Jeongyeon who were caught up in  conversation again. 

"Unnie, oppa, I have to go first. My friend's waiting at other cafe," Dahyun said before she stood up. 

"Alright, Dahyunnie. Take care!" Jeongyeon said. They bid goodbye to each other, before Dahyun left the cafe. She let out a sigh of relieve as soon as she got out from the cafe.

Oh God, give me a break.

 

 

Dahyun pouted when she saw Jaebum laughed at her as soon as she came in his sight. And Dahyun didn't forget to hit Jaebum's arm as soon as she arrived at the table before she sat opposite of him. 

"And the best actress this year goes to.... Kim Dahyun!" Jaebum clapped his hand. 

"I've lied to three people today. I feel really bad," Dahyun said. Jaebum chuckled.

"We can apologize together once we come clean with them," Jaebum said, comforting Dahyun. He then took something from under the table. Dahyun looked at him in curiousity.

"Here, for you," Jaebum said as he handed a bouquet of flower. Dahyun's eyes widened in excitement as she happily accepted the bouquet and did the cliche smell-the-flower-after-you-accept-it act. It's a simple bouquet, wrapped in white organza was one red rose with baby's breath surrounding it.

"You don't have too, really. But... Thank you," Dahyun said as she smiled while looking at Jaebum. Dahyun looked down at the bouquet again.

"It's really beautiful. Does it have any meaning or you just randomly picked it? Or the florist suggested it to you?" Dahyun questioned.

"It's one red rose, full bloom, with baby's breath..." Jaebum trailed off. Dahyun nodded.

"Yes, I can see that," she said,and looked at Jaebum, as if she's waiting for him to continue. Jaebum cleared his throat before he smiled a little bit shyly.

"It's... an 'I love you' ensemble,"

 

 

Both Jaebum and Dahyun arrived home before dinner. They stayed in the car for a while, just looking at each other.

"Thank you for today," Jaebum said. Dahyun gave him a smile.

"Thank you too, for today, for this," Dahyun looked down at the bouquet on her lap before looking up again. "For everything," she added. Jaebum reached over to pinch her cheek. Both of them then get down from the car and while taking of her shoes, Dahyun suddenly remembered something.

"Wait! The flower..." Dahyun said. Jaebum looked at her in confusion because the bouquet was in her hand.

"Why?" Jaebum asked.

"What if they ask me about the flower?" Dahyun asked in panic. Jaebum then came into realization. Oh... right. Jaebum then let out a light laugh.

"Looks like someone have to lie again," Jaebum said before Dahyun whined.

Jaebum keyed in the passcode before he opened the door. Turned out the members were preparing the table for dinner. Dahyun came in shortly after him.

"I thought both of you are not having dinner at home. Good thing I cooked as usual," Jinyoung said. 

"Oh, I forgot to tell you that I'll come back before dinner," Jaebum said. Dahyun just smiled at Jinyoung before she casually walked, holding her red rose low, praying that no one will--

"Oh, Dahyun-ah, is that flower in your hand?" Bambam voiced out. Dahyun looked down as she sighed and when she looked up, the members were looking at her with wide eyes.

"Flower?!?!?!?" Nayeon asked. She gasped when she saw the bouquet.

"Oh my God, it's red rose! I love you? Do you have a boyfriend?" Nayeon asked again. Everyone took interest at the word boyfriend. It's not like they were against it or something. All of them just got super excited when any of the members were dating, and the teasing will goes on literally forever. Which reminded you why both Dahyun and Jaebum decided to keep their relationship secret in the first place.

"Well, it's not like that--"

"Ahhh, so that's why you're so surprised when we saw you at the cafe?" Youngjae asked, as he smiled teasingly at Dahyun. Dahyun was lost of words when the members looked at her with naughty smile. And then, Jaebum decided to in.

"Really? You were hanging out with your boyfriend?" Jaebum asked, with a meaningful smile. Dahyun looked at him with wide eyes, before she heard Bambam whistling.

"Wow, our Dahyun has grown up so much already!" 

You're so dead, Im Jaebum!

 


 

Fun fact: this chapter is 3693 words long. 

It'll be 1-2 chapter before both JaebumxDahyun and YoungjaexJeongyeon to appear again. I'm shook at the fact how little does Mark appear in this story, considering he's my ultimate bias lol 

Hope you guys like this chapter. Thank you for subscribing, commenting and even upvoting!!! Have a nice day everyone :D

-rainbowalien

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Y'all thought i won't talk about JJP? 

They just released album of the life. I almost die, but I survived.