Chapter 15

HOME [GOTWICE FANFICTION]

Jeongyeon was scrolling down her Instagram timeline while waiting for Youngjae at the bench. Youngjae had to tutor a junior at the library and since Jeongyeon also had class during his tutoring they decided to go home together. Her class ended earlier so now she had to wait for him.

Jeongyeon looked up from her phone at the right time when she saw Youngjae walking at the hallway, but with a girl besides him. Jeongyeon diverted her gaze to the girl. She obviously looked younger, so maybe she was the junior Youngjae tutored. But that wasn't the thing that first caught Jeongyeon's eyes.

The way the girl looked at Youngjae... She was basically shooting hearts out from her eyes. Even from 5 metres away Jeongyeon could sense that the girl had  a crush on him, or at least interested in him.

Youngjae and the girl exchanged a few more words before the girl bowed at him and walked away. Youngjae was quick to saw Jeongyeon who was sitting not far from where he was standing. He grinned and waved his hands excitedly.

"Why didn't you tell me that your class ended already?" Youngjae asked when he arrived in front of Jeongyeon. Jeongyeon stood up and both of them start walking together.

"I figured your phone must've been on silent mode so I don't bother to," Jeongyeon said. Youngjae gasped in shock.

"Wow, you're actually smart????" Youngjae joked, before he screamed in pain when Jeongyeon kicked his shin.

"Youngjae is sad... Jeongyeon doesn't want to joke with him anymore," Youngjae said, pouting. Jeongyeon scoffed at his aegyo.

"By the way, you didn't tell me the junior you're tutoring is a girl," Jeongyeon said, changing the topic.

"Well, I don't think it's important, so... yeah. She's a girl," Youngjae said.

"How did you end up tutoring her, though?" 

"She asked help from Mr. Park so he suggested me. Why? Is there anything wrong?," Youngjae asked.

"Do you even notice that she has a crush on you?" Jeongyeon asked back. Youngjae looked at her in shock.

"Really? Eunchae likes me?" Youngjae asked.

"She was looking at you with heart eyes. Seriously guys are so bad at noticing when a girl likes them," Jeongyeon said. Youngjae was silent for a moment, before he looked at Jeongyeon with a teasing smile.

"Oh... Is that why you're so mad just now? Are you jealous?" Youngjae teased and Jeongyeon looked at him in disbelief.

"Jealous? Are you kidding me Choi Youngjae?" Jeongyeon replied. She hit Youngjae's side when she saw that Youngjae still had that smug smile on his face.

"You're afraid I'll start liking her, and hang out with her more. Awww you're so protective!" Youngjae added. Jeongyeon glared at him.

"Stop dreaming," 

"Don't worry, you're still the first place in my heart. Even when you're 30 and still going to first date with a guy, I'll wait for you nearby with my wife," Youngjae said. 

"Seriously, stop," Jeongyeon said sternly before fastening her steps, leaving Youngjae behind. Youngjae giggled as he ran lightly and matched Jeongyeon's steps again.

"Are you mad? Is it that time of the month again? Wait, what date is today? 24th? Ah... No wonder..." Youngjae mumbled to himself. Jeongyeon took a deep breath.

"I'm not mad, or jealous, or whatever you're saying. And why do you remember my menstrual cycle?" Jeongyeon asked. Youngjae laughed lightly.

"You're always bad mood around the same time every month! I had to take note to avoid being murdered," Youngjae said. Jeongyeon didn't reply to that as both of them walked in silent. As they walked more, Youngjae saw a convinient store, and got an idea.

"Come here," He said, holding Jeongyeon's wrist and grabbed her to follow his steps. Jeongyeon noticed that they entered the convinient store but didn't say anything, until Youngjae stopped in front of the ice cream fridge.

"Pick what you want," Youngjae said. Jeongyeon looked at him in confusion. Youngjae looked back at her, suddenly confused too.

"You don't want ice cream? What do you want? Chocolates? Chips? Pick anything. It's your... What was its name again? PMS package? Yeah, that thing. My treat," Youngjae said. 

It might be because of her being emotionally unstable phase of the month, but Jeongyeon really soften at Youngjae's words and suddenly she feel herself tearing up. Youngjae's eyes widened when he saw it and panicked.

"Why? You don't like it? It's okay, it's okay, you don't have to buy anything. It'll save my money too, it's okay, don't cry," Youngjae said as he rubbed Jeongyeon's back. Jeongyeon let out a small laugh because of Youngjae's words and wiped her wet eyes.

"It's not that, . I'm just... touched, and happy," Jeongyeon said. 

"Oh... So you're still gonna buy them?" Youngjae asked jokingly and Jeongyeon hit his arm. Youngjae laughed before he followed Jeongyeon as she picked literally every brand of chocolate snacks on the rack. Youngjae smiled when Jeongyeon was holding two boxes of Pepero, one is green tea flavoured and the other one is strawberry flavoured.  She looked like in the middle of choosing only one of them.

"Just take both of them," Youngjae said. Jeongyeon looked at him excitedly.

"Really? Can I?" She asked and Youngjae nodded. She grinned before going back to the ice cream section. Youngjae shook his head.

"Girls are so hard to understand," He mumbled.

 

 

 

Yugyeom glanced nervously at Tzuyu who was sitting beside him in the bus. She was looking outside the window, smiling when she saw someone with a puppy on the street.

Yugyeom his dry lips. He wanted to use the chance to tell his feelings to her, but the courage didn't seem to come to him. 

No, Yugyeom. You can do this.

Yugyeom cleared his throat.

"Tzuyu," He called. Tzuyu instantly turned to look at him.

"Yes oppa?" She asked. Their eyes met as Tzuyu was waiting for him to continue his words, but Yugyeom was lost in her pools of round, innocent eyes. Suddenly he felt heavy nervousness kicking in his system, and at lost of words.

"Uh... How... How was your day today?" Yugyeom asked. 

Damn. He mentally slapped himself. Tzuyu looked a bit confused at the sudden question, but answered anyway.

"It's just like the usual days. But I sleep in one of the class because I was so sleepy," Tzuyu said embarassedly. Yugyeom chuckled.

"Why? You sleep late last night?" 

"I have a test today, so I studied until late night," 

"You shouldn't do that to yourself, it's not good for your health," Yugyeom said, sincerely concerned. Tzuyu then looked down to yawn. A small smile appeared on Yugyeom's lips. How is it possible for someone to be this cute?

"If you're sleepy then you can sleep. I'll wake you up," Yugyeom said. Tzuyu nodded before leaning her head back to the seat and slowly her eyes gave up and drifted to sleep. Yugyeom took a deep breath. He failed to say it.

It's okay, he still have a lot of time.

He hoped so.

 

 

 

The owner of the house, Mrs. Kim was coming over to have dinner with the members so the kitchen had been quite busy. Usually Nayeon or Jinyoung would lead, and have about one or two more people helping but this time Nayeon and Jinyoung cooked together, along with Jaebum, Tzuyu and Sana helping in the kitchen. 

Sana and Tzuyu were in charge of cutting the ingredients while Jaebum washed them. Tzuyu then came to the sink, bringing the rest of vegetables. She used the other sink beside Jaebum and started washing them.

"Oh, Tzuyu! You can just leave it here, I'll wash it," Jaebum said while washing the chicken.

"It's okay, oppa. I'll help," Tzuyu replied with a smile. Jaebum smiled back too in appreciation. To think of it, Jaebum never really had the chance to talk alone with Tzuyu, not that he's been wanting to, but since usually the house members relied on him if they need help, he's afraid that Tzuyu wouldn't  be comfortable enough if she ever need help in anything.

"Have you tried cooking before?" Jaebum asked.

"I've tried, but it didn't end up good. I'm really interested in baking but this one time I tried, I almost burn the house down, so my mom forbid me from entering the kitchen again," Tzuyu said. Jaebum chuckled but he found the story cute instead.

"You shouldn't be here then," Jaebum teased. Tzuyu laughed embarassedly.

"As long as I'm not using the stove or oven, I think I'll be fine," She replied. 

"It's okay, Tzuyu. My best dishes is ramen too, if you ask me to cook other dish, usually it'll taste different everytime I cook," Jaebum said, causing the younger girl to laugh.

"Wow, look! We have a newlywed couple here," Both Tzuyu and Jaebum turned around and they saw Bambam and Dahyun coming in together to the kitchen. Jaebum's eyes especially looked at Dahyun who looked at him too, before she pouted slightly and looked away from him.

"Jaebum hyung and Tzuyu looked good together," Bambam said, obvlious to what's happening around him. 

"Don't say anything absurd, Bam," Jaebum said. Bambam laughed. He went to the sink to wash his hands.

"Why? You two really look good together, though," Bambam said before Tzuyu lightly slapped his arm. The two of them then were caught up in a conversation, and Jaebum's eyes landed on Dahyun who was talking with Sana.

"Why don't you help me with this instead?" Jaebum said to Bambam. He gladly took over Jaebum's task. Jaebum washed his hands and walked behind Dahyun, before he lightly tapped her shoulder. Dahyun turned around and Jaebum slightly puckered his lips, pointing to the living room. Dahyun nodded before Jaebum walked out, leaving the kitchen.

A few minutes after, Dahyun came into the living room and just casually sat beside Jaebum like she was joining him to watch the television.

"You're okay?" Jaebum asked.

"Yes, of course. Why wouldn't I?" Dahyun asked back.

"You don't look that good just now," Jaebum said. Dahyun then looked at him with a slight pout.

"You look reaaaally happy, cooking with a pretty girl," Dahyun said. Jaebum had to bit his inner cheek to stop himself from smiling over Dahyun's cuteness when she's jealous.

"Who? I cooked with Tzuyu just now, not you. You're the only pretty girl I know," Jaebum said. 

"Ugh, you're so cheesy," Dahyun said, but smiled nevertheless. Jaebum laughed lightly.

"Okay, I admit that one was a little bit too corny," Jaebum said, feeling embarassed too at what he said earlier. 

"By the way how was your day?" Jaebum asked. Good thing most of the members were not home yet, the other 4 were in the kitchen, and there's a few others upstairs, so Jaebum could talk a little longer with Dahyun, although they had too keep it looking as 'friend'-ly as possible.

"Good. How about you?" 

"If yours are good then mine is good too," Jaebum said, smiling before he broke into laugher when Dahyun slapped his thigh.

"Stop it! Who taught you this? Did you spend too much time with Jackson? He taught you all of these corny lines?" Dahyun asked.

"It just came out naturally when I'm with you!" Jaebum defended himself but unknowingly he let out another cheesy line. Dahyun covered her face with both her palms to hide the blush, the smile, and the secondhand embarassment she felt. 

"Oh my God, seriously stop!!"

 

 

 

Jinyoung and Nayeon then were left alone at the kitchen after the others finished their task and continue setting up the table. Both of them cooked in silent but after a long while, they finally felt comfortable to be with alone with each other. 

"Nayeon, taste this," Jinyoung said, holding up a spoon to her. Nayeon didn't even hesitated when she opened , allowing Jinyoung to feed her. Jinyoung did, even though he was slightly surprised, and waited for her opinion.

"I think it's a bit bland. Maybe a little bit more of starch syrup?" Nayeon said. Jinyoung nodded before doing so. Not long after, he held the spoon up to her again. And again, she didn't hesitate to accept the spoon. Jinyoung couldn't help but smile.

"It's okay now. Just simmer it for a bit and then, it's done," Nayeon said. Jinyoung gave her an amused look.

"Wow, you're almost a chef now," Jinyoung teased. Nayeon pinched Jinyoung's arm and Jinyoung laughed.

"Remember back then when only Jaebum hyung, Dahyun, you and I lived in the house. None of us know how to cook," Jinyoung said, reminiscing the memory when they first lived together. Nayeon nodded as she chuckled.

"Right, we had to order delivery but a month later all of us become broke," Nayeon said. 

"Oh, and remember we played games to decide who should learn to cook? Jaebum oppa almost flip the house because he lost the game," Nayeon added. Jinyoung laughed again.

"Right, that! I had to lie that I've always want to learn cooking because of him," Jinyoung said. Nayeon nodded while laughing. She still remember Jinyoung complained about it when they were learning how to cook together. 

But to think of it again, that was how Jinyoung and Nayeon first started to spend a lot of time together, gradually became closer and fell in love. 

"Good old days," Jinyoung said, smiling. Nayeon nodded and smiled too.

Good old days, indeed.

 


 

I GOT CARRIED AWAY WITH YOUNGJAE AND JEONGYEON'S PART IT WAS LONGER THAN I INTENDED but i'm happy anyway ♡

I apologized for the cheesiness of Im Jaebum xD i personally think he would have lots of aegyo with people he loves?? No???? 

And here's another moodboard!! I have one for every couple tbh but I'll probably post it when they become official ;)

 

Thank you for your comments, they never failed to make my day ♡ A big hug for everyone who subscribed and upvoted too!!

Have a nice day everyone!

-rainbowalien