Chapter 23

HOME [GOTWICE FANFICTION]

Bambam rubbed his eyes while his hands wandered for his phone. He finally found it, at the edge of falling from his bed. Bambam looked at the time and saw 2:20 a.m was on display. He fell asleep early last night so that's probably why he woke up now. 

Bambam felt his throat hoarse so he slowly stood up, using the little light from his phone screen and walked to the door, careful to not wake Yugyeom up. He was slightly surprised when he heard a faint voice, sounds like it's from television. He wondered if there's anyone awake at this time or someone forgot to turn off the tv. Bambam walked downstairs and to his surprise, it was actually Mina, who sat on the couch while watching a drama alone. Mina who noticed his presence looked up, and their eyes met.

"Oh, Bam! You're not asleep yet?" Mina asked.

"Nah, I just woke up actually. I feel thirsty that's why I come down," Bambam said, rubbing the back of his neck due to suddenly feeling awkward. This was the first time he was alone with Mina after he confessed to her. Since then, he was quite embarassed to be with her, though they still talked like usual when the others were present.

"Ah... Okay," Mina said, smiling. Bambam made his way to the kitchen then, drinking his water now not only for the thirst but also to calm his nerve down. 

Bambam went to living room back afterwards and proceed to sit on the couch, but he left like, a huge gap between him and Mina. Mina looked at him strangely.

"Why are you sitting so far away? Are you afraid of me?" Mina asked, chuckling at the end of her sentence. Bambam once again rubbed the back of his neck in embarassment before he scooted closer, might've been too close for his heart because his and Mina's arms were so close to touching. Like if they move even the slightest, they will touch.

"Why are you still up? Don't you have a morning class tomorrow?" Bambam asked.

"I don't know why but I can't sleep. And yes my class is at 9 tomorrow. I'm so doomed," Mina said, the slight whining in her tone made Bambam smiled. 

"So your solution is to watch drama?" 

"I hope it'll make me sleepy but here I am," Mina said. Bambam chuckled.

"What did your mom do if you can't sleep when you're a kid?" Bambam asked. 

"Hmm, she'd sing there's this one famous Japanese lullaby, sometimes she will tell me stories while I lay on her lap," Mina said, smiling as she reminisced her childhood. 

"You know what my mom does when I can't sleep?" Bambam asked. Mina turned to look at him, curious to what his answer going to be.

"She will nag at me endlessly," Bambam said, causing Mina to laugh.

"Really? That's a first for me! Why?" Mina asked.

"Because she said I always look bored when she nags for real, so she nags at me when I have trouble to sleep, in hope I'll be bored and sleepy," Bambam explained, laughing along with Mina. Mina was laughing so hard that her eyes got teary. She wiped her eyes using her thumbs. She took deep breath to calm herself and without she realizing she then naturally rested her head on Bambam's shoulder.

"Ah... That's really funny," Mina said, oblivious to Bambam who was freezing from making any move, while butterflies in his stomach were probably doing some type of martial arts inside. Bambam tried to ignore it and calm himself down.

"You probably can't relate, you must've been a good girl so you never get nagged," Bambam said, causing Mina to laugh lightly.

"Oh Bam, you probably don't even want to know," 

"What?? Myoui Mina? A bad girl? I can't even imagine," Bambam said. After Mina calmed down from her laugh, they just sat there in silent, but it's a really comforting one instead of awkward. Bambam noticed Mina slide down a little and made herself comfortable as she leaned her head against his arm instead. Bambam could only wish that he could have her tucked in his arms. But it's okay, he likes how things the way they are now. 

Bambam looked down and saw Mina yawned. He couldn't help but smile and somehow let out a small laugh in disbelieve because his head just thought that even her yawn was cute in his eyes. Mina who noticed it looked up, and their eyes met.

"Why?" Mina asked. Bambam just gave her a smile. Before he could stop himself, his hand reached up to move Mina's bangs that's almost getting into her eyes to the side. His fingers lingered at her hair and he carressed them softly for a while.

God, I just want to take care of her.

Mina just let Bambam did whatever he was doing, because she somehow loved how gentle his touch was. Not to mention his eyes. Even in the dark, with very little source of light- only coming from the kitchen and a little bit from the television, she could see his sincereness. She could feel goosebumps all over her body just by that stare of his.

"Are you sleepy yet?" Bambam asked. His voice came out as really soft, almost as if he was whispering to her. 

"Uhm, yeah, think I can sleep now," Mina replied before she leaned away from Bambam's arm. Mina then just realized that Bambam was so warm now that she felt the loss of the heat. Bambam didn't know what he was expecting but he too was dissapointed when Mina leaned away from him.

Bambam sent Mina to the front of her room's door. Mina was about to turn the knob before she turn around to Bambam.

"Thank you, Bam, and... goodnight," Mina said, smiling. Only God knows how Bambam felt as if there was a  garden of flowers blooming in his heart at that time. Bambam gave her a smile too.

"It's okay, really. Goodnight too," Bambam replied, and Mina finally opened the door and entered her room. She waved to Bambam before closing the door. Bambam let out a breath he didn't realize he was holding. He leaned to the wall and clutched his chest, he could literally feel the loud and hard pounding from inside.

That was all too much for his fragile heart.

 

 

 

Youngjae and Jeongyeon were having their breakfast at the cafeteria. They had another one hour before their class actually start so they were just leisurely talking, and bickering here and there about little things as usual. Thankfully, there had been no break up again after the previous one that lasted for two minutes. 

Although it was still kind of hard to believe that they're now in a relationship because basically nothing much had change between them. And even though they don't say it out loud, they were both thankful that both of them stayed pretty much the same.

Except that Youngjae had been more touchy, like right now, he had his legs intertwined with Jeongyeon's beneath the table and kept rocking it back and forth like a swing.

"Jeongyeon!" Both Youngjae and Jeongyeon turned their heard the voice that somehow sounded familiar, and both of them wished they hadn't turn around to look. Wonpil was waving his hand at Jeongyeon and approaching their table.

"Hi! It's been a while since we talked," Wonpil said as soon as he stood right beside their table. Youngjae frowned while he just stared sharply at Wonpil. Unfortunately, Wonpil looked like he didn't even notice Youngjae'a existence. His eyes were fixed to Jeongyeon, and that's only making Youngjae's blood boil even more.

"Ah... Uh, yeah, you changed your class, that's why, I guess?" Jeongyeon answered awkwardly. It's really awkward because  she saw how her boyfriend was basically shooting fireballs from his eyes and this stupid guy in front of her didn't even acknowledge him.

"Ah, you're right. I don't know why all of a sudden the professor moved me to the other class section. But hey, you haven't been responding to my texts to," Wonpil said.

That's because she has a boyfriend now, dumb. Youngjae cursed in his mind.

"Uh, yes, I've become more busy," Jeongyeon replied. She glanced at Youngjae and noticed how annoyed he was. She looked up at Wonpil who was just about to open his mouth and speak again, before Jeongyeon held up her palm at him.

"Wait, stop. I want to introduce someone to you," Jeongyeon said. Wonpil's eyes widened slightly as he looked at Youngjae, it was as if he really jusy realized that there was other person with Jeongyeon. 

"Oh, the guy who pick you up the other night right?" Wonpil asked cheerfully, completely oblivious that Youngjae was one second away from just throwing the plate to his face. Youngjae was about to finally say something but Jeongyeon beated him.

"He's my boyfriend," Jeongyeon said. 

"Ohh, your-- wait, what??" Wonpil asked, doubting what he just heard. 

"He's my boyfriend. His name is Choi Youngjae," Jeongyeon repeated. Youngjae who was almost tearing the cafe down just now suddenly felt all his anger washed away upon hearing Jeongyeon introducing him as her boyfriend with such confidence. Wonpil looked so confused and heartbroken at the sudden news, that Youngjae suddenly feel bad for the poor guy. 

"Y-your boyfriend? Since when?" He asked.

"It's just recently, but he's also the same childhood best friend that I told you about the other day," Jeongyeon said. Of course she felt bad, especially when it was mostly Wonpil's mother's fault that she couldn't accept his feelings for her, but the line had to be drawn, sooner or later.

"Oh... Congratulations to both of you. You're so lucky, Youngjae," Wonpil said, as he looked at Youngjae, somewhat feeling envious.

"Uh? Yeah, thanks, but you're a great guy too so you'll find someone in no time. Just, not my Jeongyeon," Youngjae said, attempting a joke and Wonpil laughed lightly. He's not that bad, Youngjae thought. Meanwhile Jeongyeon was smiling while witnessing Youngjae changed 180 degree from burning holes on Wonpil to giving such nice words to him. Not to mention that he called Jeongyeon, "his Jeongyeon". 

"Thank you, I hope so. I'm sorry for bothering you guys. I-I wish the best for both of you," Wonpil said, turning to look at Jeongyeon again with a smile. They exchanged a few more words before Wonpil excused himself, leaving the couple alone again.

"Well, he isn't that bad," Youngjae said his thought out loud.

"I told you before, he's actually a nice guy ," Jeongyeon said. Youngjae nodded. Well, so now he doesn't have to worry about Wonpil flirting with Jeongyeon anymore. 

"My hair is growing longer. Can you go with me to cut it later?" Jeongyeon suddenly asked while touching her hair that had grown to like a couple inches away from her shoulder. Youngjae frowned at her words.

"Why? You don't have to cut it," Youngjae said. 

"Hmm, really? Should I just let it be a little more?" Jeongyeon asked.

"Keep a long hair this time, you've done it during the school days and..." Youngjae trailed off. Jeongyeon raised her eyebrows, waiting for him to continue.

"And?" Youngjae looked away from Jeongyeon.

"And you... You look pretty," Youngjae said in a lower tone but loud enough for Jeongyeon to catch his words. A smile immediately appear on Jeongyeon's face.

"Awwwh, is that when you have crush on me?" Jeongyeon asked, in a teasing tone. Youngjae made a face as he looked at her and Jeongyeon laughed.

"Well, your hair during school since you're a good student that follow the regulation strictly, but remember you dyed your hair blonde and finally has some hairstyle after we graduated? You look cute at that time," Jeongyeon confessed. Youngjae instantly smiled at her words. Ahh, if only both of them had courage and confessed earlier, they're probably will be in their 3~6th year by now.

"Oh, is it the compliment each other time now?" Youngjae asked. Jeongyeon kicked his shin under the table and Youngjae screamed in pain and also shock as he didn't expect it coming.

"You sure like to ruin the mood, Choi Youngjae," 

"And you're still violent. Fair enough," Youngjae replied before he broke into laughter when he saw Jeongyeon's annoyed face. Jeongyeon soon laughed too, unable to avoid Youngjae's contagious laugh.

 

 

 

 

"GUYS, GUYS, LOOK AT ME! How do I look?" Jackson came down to the living room noisily (not that he ever be silent) causing everyone except for Sana and Mina who's still weren't home yet to look at him. Jackson was wearing a complete set of black suit, with his dark brown hair parted and styled neatly. He's actually going to a prom-kind-of-dinner with all the atheletes from his university, celebrating end of the sport season tonight. 

"Wow hyung! Are you going to snatched all your teammates heart or what?" Yugyeom asked. Jackson immediately grinned at his words.

"Thanks, Gyeom. The others? I need more compliment. Please compliment me," Jackson said, causing the others to laugh. They all knew Jackson too well to completely understand his obsession towards compliments.

"You look like a kpop star, oppa!" Dahyun said.

"You look good. Trying to get laid?" Mark asked. Jackson rolled his eyes when the others laughed. Yugyeom covered both Tzuyu's ears, trying to save her innocent girlfriend.

"You know I can just get laid without even doing anything," Jackson said, causing Mark to fake gag.

"By the way, are you going with anyone, oppa?" Jeongyeon asked.

"Nahh, this year I decide to go solo--"

"You decide or no one wants to go with you?" Youngjae teased. Jackson gave the younger guy a glare.

"Shut up, Youngjae," He said, causing Youngjae to laugh as he successfully teased his hyung.

"Have fun, oppa!" Tzuyu said.

"Thank you, Tzuyu. You're the only one who genuinely care about me," Jackson said dramatically. Yugyeom pouted as he immediately pulled Tzuyu closer to his side, feeling slightly jealous. Jackson just smiled when he saw Tzuyu looked at Yugyeom and said something until Yugyeom was smiling again. 

They're so cute that it's impossible for him to hate them.

Maybe Jackson could just find another crush tonight so he can fully move on from Tzuyu.

Jackson's phone then rang, and it was Brian calling. He must've arrived to pick him.

"Alright guys, I've to go. Thank you everyone except those who don't give me compliments," Jackson said jokingly. The others waved him goodbyes and wished that he'd have fun there until Jackson was out from the house.

 

 

Jackson sat at the same table with his swimming teammates, Brian, Jooheon, Daniel, and also Jae and Kris from the basketball team, along with Mino and Seungyoon from the football team. They were just casually talking when Kris suddenly gasped in surprise.

"Oh my God, guys look, there!" Kris said, pointing at a direction with his mouth. Judging from it, it seems like he was pointing at the main door. Jackson who sat facing the opposite had to turn around, and damn, he had never been so starstruck in his life.

Just entering the dining hall were the girls, mostly familiar faces from the swimming team, along with a few from the gymnastic team. They were all dolled up, and looking breathtaking from the bottom to the top, but, Jackson's eyes were stuck at one person.

You guessed it right. Momo Hirai.

She was wearing a two pieces evening dress in lavender, which complimented well with her bright skin and light brown hair-styled in a bun and bangs covering her forehead. Among the girls, she looked like she wore the lightest make-up yet she looked the prettiest, or at least, in Jackson's eyes. He couldn't get his jaw shutted, because, , Momo really could win over any goddess with that look. And God, who did she intended to attack, exposing her shoulder like that?

"Dude, you're drooling!" Jackson almost jumped in surprise when Jae slapped his back. The rest of the table laughed at him, but Jackson still hadn't fully awake from being mesmerized at Momo's beauty that night.

"You've been single for so long, Jacks," Kris teased. Jackson rolled his eyes. He did not look at Momo like that. Not as another potential fling. But this time his heart was beating so fast, and he felt speechless, almost like when he first saw Tzuyu, but this time? Probably worse because his palms were sweating too and his mind was in a mess.

"So who caught Jackson Wang's eyes this time?" Jae asked, wriggling his eyebrows. Jackson finally laughed at shook his head.

"You guys are being ridiculous," Jackson said, though his friends were exchanging knowing glances among themselves.

 

 

After listening to boring speeches from godknowswho, they finally got to the kinda-prom part of the dinner. Only a few ones were still sitting at the table while the others were mostly just standing, casually socializing, lowkey flirting with each other. 

Jackson stood along with Jooheon, just following him around while he was doing the most of the talk this time with the girls from the diving team. Jackson looked around until he finally found Momo, lowkey grateful that she was talking with a group of girls only. The guys here were mostly playboys anyway. 

Jackson just couldn't take his eyes off from Momo, and  of course Jooheon noticed the obvious quietness from Jackson.

"Who is it, man? Can you just tell me? I'm really curious who's powerful enough to make you stop talking," Jooheon said, nudging Jackson's side to get his attention. Jackson immediately turned to Jooheon, before realizing that he was now alone with him.

"Where's the girls?" Jackson asked. Jooheon rolled his eyes.

"They left. They're probably here to talk to you anyway but yeah, you're busy," Jooheon said in sarcasm. Jackson just shrugged his shoulder.

"So who is it?" Jooheon looked around, following the same direction that Jackson stared earlier. "The one with Momo? What's her name again... Irene? The gymnast girl?" Jooheon asked. Jackson shook his head.

"Nahh, it's actually Momo," Jackson said. Jooheon choked on his spit upon hearing Jackson's answer.

"Momo? Wait, so the rumors are true? You guys are ing?" Jooheon asked again. Jackson frowned at Jooheon's nonsense words.

"What? No, of course not. We're not... doing that, we're not in any relationship actually. But, I think I've fall for her," Jackson said, sipping the drink in his hand while still staring at Momo. She was laughing at Irene and whatevertheothergirl's name as they were talking and Jackson could feel his heart warmed at the sight.

"Like, fall fall? Fall as in... fall in love?" Jooheon asked in surprise.

"Yeah, that fall fall," Jackson said. Jooheon just nodded, speechless at what he just heard. Never had he witnessed this side of Jackson. He didn't even know that Jackson is capable of being serious in this matter.

"Well, dude, maybe you should talk to her. I mean I'm sure you're not the only one who has eyes on her," Jooheon said. 

"Right? You don't mind right if I leave you here?" Jackson asked. Jooheon scoffed.

"You're here or not, it's the same. You're pretty much invisible the whole time," Jooheon said. Jackson finally laughed.

"I'm sorry, man, I just--"

"Nahh, just go. Goodluck by the way," Jooheon pushed Jackson lightly, and Jackson grinned before he left Jooheon and made way to Momo.

 

 

"Uhm, hey," Jackson cleared his throat to get the girls' attention and all three of them looked at her.

"Oh, Jackson!" Momo greeted. Jackson tried his best to give her the most normal smile he could give at the moment because, damn, if he thought that Momo looked bautiful from afar, she looked freaking breathtaking up-close. 

"Can I sit here?" Jackson asked, pointing to the empty chair beside Momo. Momo rolled her eyes at him.

"Since when do you actually ask for permission, Wang?" There, the same annoying Momo striked again, but Jackson couldn't care less to fight back because this time she's more to annoyingly beautiful.

As soon as he sat down, Momo's friend, Irene and the other one that Jackson recognized as Joy, now that he sees her closely excused themselves. They left with a strange smile, followed with Momo slapping their arms lightly. Momo then turned to look at Jackson, and thankfully she didn't noticed that Jackson had been staring.

"Wow, you actually dressed up tonight," Momo said. Well, Jackson did try harder than the years before this time because he actually planned to get a new crush or talk with a new girl to just forget about Tzuyu but he expect the least for his heart to be caught by Momo.

"Uh, well, I could say the same to you too," Jackson said.

"Does that mean that I look pretty tonight?" Momo asked jokingly. Though his heart and head agreed, Jackson made a 'seriously?' face at her.

"Well, I can say that you tried your best," Jackson replied, before Momo scoffed and hit his chest. Jackson then laughed as he succeed to tease Momo back.

It didn't take long for both of them to be caught in their own world after that. They were just talking, minding their own business as if they didn't have almost the whole hall gossiping about them, wondering if the rumor was true afterall. 

It was when the music suddenly changed to a slow and romantic one and a lot of people who was talking then moved to the center to dance with their partner. Jackson noticed Momo was looking at the others who were dancing, so he just had to take his chance.

"Hey, Hirai," Jackson called. Momo turned to look at him.

"Yes?"

"Y-you want to dance?" Jackson asked, mentally slapping himself for stuttering. Momo's eyes widened slightly.

"With you?" Momo asked. Jackson immediately felt his confidence dropped down when Momo asked like that. He then shook his head.

"Nahh, never mind I--"

"No, it's okay. Well, uhm, yeah... let's... dance," Momo said. She was just surprised that Jackson would ask her to dance, especially to this music. Jackson bit his inner cheeks to refrain himself from smiling as he stood up and offered his hand at Momo. Momo rolled her eyes but accepted his hand, nevertheless.

They were now at the center of the hall and only then Jackson realized how nervous he actually was. He gulped hard and when his eyes met with Momo's, the nerve was too much that he felt dizzy. He rested his hands at Momo's waist, lightly pulling her close to him and Momo encircled her hand around his neck. 

Damn, was probably the most right word to say.

Jackson's group of friends gasped in surprise, except for Jooheon who had heard from the guy himself. They had that kind of reaction because this is Jackson Wang they're talking about. The ultimate playboy Jackson Wang never dance with any girl. His rules are talk, flirt, go out to the hotel but never- dance. And to see Jackson Wang, with Momo... Definitely interesting.

"Do you know how to dance?" Jackson asked to ease the sudden awkwardness. 

"Better than you, of course," Momo replied, making Jackson rolled his eyes.

They continued dancing like that, with Jackson's eyes never left Momo's round pair. He could really get lost in those eyes, honestly. Though he could sense some kind of confusion in those irises.

The music changed to an even slower one, and Jackson could feel all his Romeo side was about to burst out in front of this beautiful woman in his arms. 

"You look beautiful tonight," Jackson said, his voice dropping so low that it almost sounded like a whisper. Momo could feel the heat rushed to her cheeks at his words. 

"What possessed you tonight, Wang?" Momo asked. Jackson shrugged his shoulder.

"I don't know. Perhaps, you?" Jackson replied before he firmed his grip against Momo's waist. Momo felt her heart pounding faster, though she was really confused why Jackson was acting like this and if he was serious with his words or not.

"I have something to tell you," Jackson said. Momo nodded slightly and just stared at him, waiting for him to continue. Jackson gathered every little courage that he had inside as he decided to really do it right now. Things were already awkward if it ends just like this, so he decided to just give it all, before he regrets for the second time.

"I... I like you. I think I've fall for you. No, I'm pretty sure I've fall for you,"

"It's not the at the first sight, surely. Probably for the 8000th sight, but I like you. I'm not even joking, you're really driving me crazy, Hirai," There, Jackson finally said it. Momo's reaction was the typical one- jaw dropped, eyes widened, and left speechless. Jackson wasn't sure if that's a positive reaction or not, and Jackson could feel himself slowly regretting this.

"I-I mean... It's okay if you don't like me back. I understand. I just want you to know because yeah you know how it went for me and Tzuyu, I didn't even had the chance to so this time I-MMMMPH--" Jackson's rambles were cut off with Momo suddenly tip-toeing slightly and tighten her hold against his neck and smashing their lips together. It was all happening too fast that Jackson's reaction was typical- froze in shock, eyes really wide open, and didn't even kiss her back, until Momo pulled away, face flushed in embarassment. 

She was always the rational one, she was always the one who thinks at least 10 times before doing something but Jackson Wang... Jackson Wang just did that to her. 

"," Jackson cursed under his breath before his hands moved up from her waist to cupping her face, pulling her face close to his before once again their lips locked with each other. This time, with closed eyes, both of them were just pouring every feeling out in the kiss, every tension, every nerve they felt were let go in that one kiss. It was until they heard cheering from the others that they pulled away, only to see that the whole hall were actually looking at  them.

"Uh, so the whole uni is going to talk about us non-stop," Jackson said. Momo scoffed in annoyance.

"And it's your fault," Momo said. Jackson looked at her in disbelief.

"Excuse me, you're the one who kissed me first!" Jackson said. Momo blushed hard at his words, and Jackson saw it clearly.

"Ooh, you're blushing!" He teased. Momo whined as she leaned closer to Jackson, hiding her face to his chest. It caught him in surprise, but he loved it nevertheless.

"Be my girlfriend?" Jackson asked. 

"Hmm," Momo hummed, still hiding her face.

"Is that a yes or a no?" Jackson asked again. Momo nodded slightly against his chest, causing Jackson to burst into laughter. He didn't know that Momo could be so freaking cute.

"Alright, it's a day 1, then," Jackson said, encircling his arms around her waist and smiled while he kissed her shoulder lovingly.

 


 

IT'S A FREAKING 4.5K AKSJHSJEJEKE I'M SO DONE

BTW YEAYYYYY FOR JACKMO!!!! I hope it was worth the wait and you guys love it as much as I do! I keep smiling the whole time writing this. At first, I want to make the confession part on the next chapter but I just can't hold it anymore and JACKMO DESERVES THIS plus the timeline will be messed up anyway. I love writing this chapter so much bcs it's all FLUFFFFF ♡

here's a jackmo moodboard to celebrate

 I'm hoping for a lot of comments coming, tell me how do you guys feel about this chapter!

Have a nice day everyone!

-rainbowalien