Chapter 17

HOME [GOTWICE FANFICTION]

Jackson finally stopped his steps after about 45 minutes of walking. He had so many things going on in his mind that the walk didn't feel that long. Jackson reached out for his phone in his hoodie pocket before he called someone. It took a few rings before the person on the other line accepted the call.

"Uh, Jackson, why?" Momo asked. 

"Can we... meet for a while?" Jackson said. 

"What? Jackson it's late, it's almost the hostel curfew, I--"

"I'm in front of your hostel," Jackson cut Momo's words, earning a gasp of surprised from her.

"You what??" 

"Yeah, so can we meet?" 

"Jackson can we just talk tomorrow--"

"Momo, please," Jackson pleaded. Momo could hear the desperation in Jackson's voice, but the different desperation from what she had heard when Jackson asked her to buy flower with him earlier this day. Momo could already guess what happened to the guy.

"Alright, give me 5 minutes," 

 

 

 

Jackson and Momo has been sitting at the park for 15 minutes and Jackson hadn't stop crying since. Momo rubbed his back while looking around awkwardly. It's a relieve that there's no one there, except for a few people who passed by. Momo took a deep breath as she continue to calm Jackson down. Jeez, who would've thought that Jackson Wang is a crybaby?

After another 5 minutes of hiding his face to his knee, Jackson finally calmed down and looked up to wipe his tears using the back of his palms. Momo pulled away her hand and waited until Jackson spoke up for the first time.

"You've seen so many bad side of me. Should I kill you?" Momo was dumbfounded at his words and let out a laugh in disbelief.

"I should've recorded you being a crybaby," Momo replied. Jackson laughed a bit, though he still sniffled from time to time.

"You're not gonna ask me what happened?" Jackson asked. 

"You're not gonna tell me if I don't ask?" Momo asked back. Jackson groaned in annoyance. Out of all people, why did he choose to open up to Momo?

"I hate you," Jackson said, causing Momo to laugh.

"That's more like the Jackson I know," Jackson kept quiet for a while, before he sighed.

"I was about to go for her, but I was late. She came home with Yugyeom, holding hands, all smiling, and I swear that's probably the prettiest of her smile I've ever seen but it's not for me. It all happened too fast. The hurt, the pain, the literal feeling of my heart shattered to pieces..."

"I'm prepared to be rejected, honestly. But I didn't expect to fail without even got a chance to try. , I have all the chance before, if only  I wasn't being a goddamn coward," Jackson ranted. 

"You know what? I think this is karma for me for being a playboy," Jackson said. Momo chuckled.

"Hmm... Yeah, I think so too," Jackson widened his eyes at Momo's words.

"Wow, thank you. I feel better. You're such a good friend," Jackson said sarcastically. 

"Seriously, I'm no good in this kind of thing, Jackson. But you didn't once say that you're mad at your friend for having her heart first, so I know for sure that you'll be good. Deep inside at least you feel 'okay' with them together, so you'll get through this," Momo said. Jackson stared at Momo, long, trying to process her words. 

She's right. Didn't once Jackson even think about Yugyeom. He cried because he's mad at himself for not be able to get Tzuyu's heart and left with the heavy feeling of regret. 

But Momo is always right. She always speak the right think. The rational thing. The logic thing.

"Well, thank you. I feel less 'loser' now," Jackson finally said. Momo laughed lightly.

"You're welcome. I had fun witnessing this side  of you," Momo said. Jackson groaned in annoyance.

"I really hate you, Hirai,"

 

 

 

Jinyoung was having dinner with his older sister at a restaurant not far from the house. He rarely meet his sister, but they kept in touch through texts, sometimes phone calls. His sister was busy handling their father's company while Jinyoung himself was busy with studies. He will take over the company as soon as he graduates, because his sister wasn't really interested in handling such huge bussiness.

"How's your study? Is everything well?" Jinyoung's sister asked.

"Everything's under control, noona, don't worry," Jinyoung replied.

"Hmm... You don't have girlfriend right, right now?" 

"Uh? Yes, I don't. Wait, how do you know? I don't think I told you that Nayeon and I broke up," Jinyoung said. His sister knew and met Nayeon before. Jinyoung introduced her when his sister came to visit the house. But as far as Jinyoung remember, he didn't mention breaking up with Nayeon in front of his sister.

"I meet her once, before both of you broke up," His sister said calmly. Jinyoung's brows met in confusion.

"I talked to your academic advisor, and he said that your performance in class is decreasing. So I talked to Nayeon about it," 

"Wait... Wait. What does Nayeon has to do with this? What does this has to do with the break... Oh... Noona, tell me you didn't--"

"I didn't ask her to break up with you, I swear. I just meet her to ask if she knew the reason and perhaps... if she was the reason. But I don't--"

"You basically brainwashed her, noona," This  time  Jinyoung cut his sister's words. He already put down the utensils, while he sat there looking at his sister in shock and disbelief.

"I'm worried, okay? I just want the best for you,"

"The best for me? By forcing me to study bussiness? I told you hundred times already that I want to become an actor but back then you guilt-trapped  me too, using dad as an excuse. The truth is you only want me to take over the company so you'll get to do what you want. I'm seriously not surprised at all if you do the same thing to Nayeon," Jinyoung said. 

"But you're the one who agree right? Same case with her, she's the one who make the decision even though I didn't ask her. Jinyoung, you can't be distracted with your study. I was just doing my part as your sister,"

"A sister? Where are you when I'm stress with my study because it's not what I want to do? Where are you when I'm sad, being forced to quit from theatre club, from doing something I love? Where are you when dad pressures me to do well like what I achieved is not enough? Nayeon was there with me through it all," Jinyoung said, his voice raising louder as he speak, causing stares from other table. His sister took a deep breath before she looked at Jinyoung with gritted teeth.

"If she loves you so much then why do you think she leave you? Don't be so blinded by love, honey. Don't be like me. I was busy chasing the so-called love of my life while fighting with dad because I don't want to end up in an arranged marriage. I was so busy fighting with my own father for a man that I didn't even notice that dad is sick. You think I'm happy? You think I ask you to study hard for nothing? I want you to be the best because that's exactly what I'm not. Don't lose it just because you're in love," His sister replied. Jinyoung curled his fingers into a fist while his hands were shaking hard, trying to control his rage. He took a deep breath before he stood up.

"Noona, just because you loved the wrong person doesn't mean I make the same mistake too. Nayeon has been with me through my hard times and honestly I'm only surviving because of her. I'm sorry you have some sort of trauma with love, but for me I love her and I'm 100% sure she's the right one. If you care about me that much, how about next time you ask me, about my well being,  instead of my studies. Now, if you excuse me," Jinyoung said, before he left his sister and the restaurant.

 

 

 

Bambam knocked the door of the study room, feeling nervous. He went to Mina's room just now but Sana said she's in the study room so here he is. He thought hard on ways to apologize to Mina and this was the only way that came to his mind. Bambam then heard Mina's answer from inside so he opened the door. Mina looked surprised as soon as she saw him.

"Are you busy?" Bambam timidly asked. Mina shook her head in reply. Bambam went into the room and walked to the table Mina sat at. He then put the paper bag he brought along on the table. Mina looked at him, before she took the bag and took a look inside.

"Bambam..." Mina trailed off. The bag was full with chocolate, most of it were Mina's favourite, and there's a few brand of chocolates that's pretty rare to find too, which Mina sure must've cost a lot.

"I'm sorry," Bambam said. Mina sighed.

"You're trying to bribe me or what?" Mina asked.

"Well, you could say so, but take it as an apology gift from me," Bambam replied. 

"Bambam, I don't need this. You know what I need from you," Mina said. Bambam sighed.

"Mina... I... I can't. It's okay if you don't trust me after this, I understand. It's okay if you don't feel comfortable with me, I understand it all. But please, forgive me. I just need to hear that then I won't disturb you anymore, I won't meddle in your bussiness anymore," Bambam said. Hearing that, this time Mina sighed.

"No, Bambam. I don't want to be uncomfortable to you. I don't want to lose you. You're a great friend for me all this while, I didn't lose my trust on you. I just want to know the reason. Is it that hard?" Mina asked back. Honestly she already forgave Bambam because when she thought of it again, it wasn't really a big deal. But seeing how Bambam was stubborn to tell her  the reason, she had the feeling that he has deeper reason behind his action. Mina just wanted him to be honest, that's all.

"You're sure you want to know the reason?" Bambam finally spoke up. Mina looked at him, and she could see that the boy was dead serious, but at the same time there's this hesitation in his eyes. 

"Tell me so I can forgive you," Mina said. Mina saw how Bambam bit his lower lip as he looked down, before he looked up to her again. 

"Promise me that you'll forgive me, even though after this our friendship might change?" Bambam asked. Mina started to feel her heart pounding faster at Bambam's words. She was really nervous at this sudden seriousness and that look in Bambam's eyes... It's as if they were trying to stop Mina from wanting to hear whatever he has to offer. Mina hesitated for a while, before she gave her answer.

"Tell me," she said. Bambam pushed his hand through his hair before he let out a deep breath.

"I do it because I like you, more than a friend," Bambam said. Mina's eyes widened at the confession. She wasn't sure if she heard his words right. Bambam? Liked her?? All this while???

"You said you will be happy if Mark hyung and Sana noona end up together so I just want to help. I didn't think through it so I didn't expect Mark hyung to ask you. More than I'm scared that you'll know I spill your secret to him, I'm worried that you'll be hurt, hearing Mark hyung talking about Sana  noona in front of you. I'm really sorry for that, but trust me I do it because for once I want to make you happy," Bambam explained. Mina took her time to process Bambam's words. She looked at Bambam and she could already see that he was slowly regret opening up to her. Meanwhile all of this was too sudden for Mina. She didn't expect a bit for this to be the reason behind what Bambam did.

"B-but... Why do you never tell me about this? I mean, you only keep encouraging me to confess to Mark oppa," Mina added. 

"You know how you feel about Mark? That's how I feel about you. Like, I don't deserve someone like you and you deserve better than someone like me. You're too pretty, too kind, too smart, too strong, for someone like me."

"You make me want to become a better person. I admire how you're willing to give up Mark hyung for Sana noona, and I saw how genuinely you hope for them to be happy together. I admire that about you, so that's why I hope you'll get your happy ending with someone you like too. I don't have any plan to confess to you until I become at least half the person you are, but... yeah, here I am," Mina was speechless after hearing what Bambam said  to her, about her. 

She had no idea that Bambam feels like that for her. All this while Bambam had been really supportive about her crush towards Mark. She knew how it felt when Sana talked about Mark to her, and she couldn't imagine that all this while, she was doing the same thing towards Bambam.

"Bambam,  I'm not sure if I feel the same but maybe if we can try to work this out--"

"No! I mean, no, not yet. I don't want you to accept me just because of pity. Or trial and error. No. I'll become a better person that makes you like me because of who I am. I accept it if you feel awkward to be friends with me like before, I understand it," Bambam said. 

"Bambam... I'm... sorry," Mina said. Bambam chuckled.

"Why are you apologizing? It's not your fault so you don't have to be sorry about anything,"

"No, Bam, I mean... I'm sorry if I ever hurt you all this while," Mina said. A small smile crept up to Bambam's lips.

See? This is why I fell for you.

Before Bambam could even reply with anything, both of them were startled with the sound of people shouting outside the room. Both of them exchanged the surprised look before they rushed out of the room.

 

 

 

Jinyoung knocked the door of Nayeon and Jeongyeon's room. The door was soon opened by Jeongyeon, who looked slightly surprised when he saw Jinyoung.

"Oh, oppa, you're home. Do you need anything?" Jeongyeon asked. Jinyoung saw Nayeon looked at him while she was sitting at her study desk.

"I want to talk with Nayeon for a while," Jinyoung said, simply. Jeongyeon looked at Nayeon for a moment before she looked at Jinyoung back.

"O-okay," Jeongyeon said before she stepped out from the room and made way for Jinyoung. Jinyoung entered the room without even looking at Jeongyeon and Jeongyeon could almost feel the goosebumps because of Jinyoung's coldness. Jeongyeon left the two alone, though she felt worried.

Jinyoung walked over to the desk and stopped not far from it while Nayeon just stared at him, feeling confused. Jinyoung just stood there and spoke up even before Nayeon could ask.

"Is it true that my sister meets you before our break up?" Jinyoung asked. Nayeon's eyes widened slightly.

"W-what are you talking about?"

"Is it true or not? Just answer me," Jinyoung said. He didn't raise up his voice or anything, but the cold tone he had scared Nayeon even more. Nayeon slowly nodded, and when Jinyoung saw that, he rubbed his face with his palm.

"Why? Why did you agree to break up with me?" Jinyoung asked more. 

"Your sister said that it might be the best if we break up. And I just want the b--"

"Who are you to decide what's best for me and what's not?" This time, Jinyoung's voice was louder. Nayeon saw his ears turned red and his hands were shaking.

"Why do everyone feels like they have a say to decide what's best for  me? Why no one ever ask me what I think is the best for me? Why do everyone thinks they know me the best, enough to decide my own life?" Jinyoung asked again, but this time, his lips was wavering. His eyes turned red, but it looked like he was trying so hard to not cry. Nayeon couldn't stop herself and the first tear fell to her cheek.

"Tell me, do my feelings seem easy for you? Do you not take it seriously? Do my words seem like a joke for you to not realize that you meant the whole world for me?" Jinyoung asked, this time, he shouted louder. Nayeon could only look down as her tears were falling non-stop. 

"Im Nayeon, look at me," Jinyoung called. "Look at me!" And Nayeon slowly looked up to see Jinyoung finally shed the tear down his face.

"Look at this guy you've wrecked. Does this seems like the best of me? This past two months without you are like hell for me. I see you, but I can't touch you. I see you, but I can't even call you. I see you laugh with others but you can barely hold an eye contact for a second with me. I miss you so much and our memories together keep haunting me. And you think I'm happy? You think that's the best for me? Do you even love me?" Jinyoung asked. 

"Of course I--"

"If you do then WHY. DID. YOU. DO. THIS. TO ME?" Jinyoung shouted, not being able to hold in his emotion anymore. Nayeon's cry had turn into sob, while Jinyoung's tears fell down without control. Both of them then heard footsteps coming to the room. The others must've heard Jinyoung since he left the door open.

"Jinyoung, what's going on here?" Jinyoung heard Jaebum's voice. 

"Jinyoung, calm down first--"

"I love you, Nayeon," Jinyoung said, cutting off  and ignoring Jaebum's words. There were Jaebum, who were called by Jeongyeon, along with Youngjae, Mark, Bambam and Mina stood outside the room, witnessing the heartbreaking scene in front of their eyes.

"I love you. I tell you this everyday, in every chance I have, but you still take my words lightly, huh? I guess you don't take it as serious as I am. I guess you don't trust me. I guess you still have doubts on me. I guess for you, our relationship is not as important as it is to me,"

"I love you, and I still am. I want to go back to loving you everyday before I know the reason why we break up in the first place. Now that I knew it, I'm not sure anymore. I'm not sure if I can be with someone who doubts me so much anymore," Jinyoung said, his voice dropping colder than the chill air of the night that seep through the room's window. Nayeon looked at him in desperation, hoping that he would give her a chance to explain but at the same time, after hearing Jinyoung's words, he had every right to hate Nayeon.

"I'm really, really, dissapointed with you," Jinyoung said, before he gave Nayeon one last look and turned around. His eyes  met with Jaebum's for a second but he continued his steps, walking pass by them to his own room. Jaebum was  about to follow Jinyoung but Mark stopped him.

"Let him cool down and rest first. Talk to him tomorrow," Mark said. Jaebum nodded as he diverted his gaze towards Nayeon who were comforted by Jeongyeon and Mina. 

 


 

Please don't hate me part 2;;;;;;;;

Some of you guys ask for more JinYeon so........  this is it? XD

I cried a bit while writing this because can you guys imagine our Jinyoung burst out like that :(

I said this on every chapter but THANK YOU FOR ALL THE COMMENTS YOU GUYS LEFT FOR ME!! it really helps a lot in developing this story, and it makes my day every single time.

Have a nice day everyone!

-rainbowalien