Chapter 20

HOME [GOTWICE FANFICTION]

The night passed by quickly when they were having so much fun. All of them decided to call it a day when it already past midnight. Jinyoung and Nayeon took the longest to get into their shared tent, Nayeon purposely cleansed her face longer in the toilet while Jinyoung sat inside Jaebum, Bambam and Youngjae's tent, until he was kicked out for taking space. 

Jinyoung mumbled complains under his breath, until he immediately stopped when he spotted Nayeon who was equally surprised too. They stood in front of the tent awkwardly, before Jinyoung gestured her to get in first.

The heavy and awkward silent was honestly too much for them to handle. They hadn't speak a word since the treasure hunt. Jinyoung didn't know why but somehow he hated the awkwardness. He hated it so much that he thinks he might forgive Nayeon sooner than he expected. Jinyoung thought of any way, anything, to start talking about, until he remembered something.

Jinyoung ped his bag and looked for something. He then found it, and thought for a while, before he decided to just it. He didn't know if this would help, but he hoped it will.

"Uh, Nayeon," Jinyoung called. Jinyoung didn't miss the slight flinch before Nayeon who was facing the other way turned her head to look at  him.

"You... Want this?" Jinyoung asked, handing out something to Nayeon. Nayeon scooted closer to see the item in his hand, before she looked at Jinyoung, feeling confused.

"You bring mask pack?" Nayeon asked, biting her inner cheek to stop herself from smiling, but Jinyoung already saw it. Jinyoung avoided eye contact because of embarassment but Nayeon saw his ears turned red.

"I got samples but I never use it. So I brought just in case," Jinyoung said. He knew it, he sensed that this was a bad idea. Ugh. Nayeon chuckled but she took the mask on Jinyoung's hand. 

"Thank you," Nayeon said. Nayeon teared the pack open, and pulled out the sheet of wet mask. She straighten it from its fold and attempted to put it on her face. However, she failed and her eyes got covered instead with the sheet. Since she closed her eyes to avoid the liquid to get inside her eyes, she didn't notice Jinyoung who was watching everything from the start smiled and scooted closer.

"Let me help," Jinyoung said. Before Nayeon could prepare herself, Jinyoung's hand reached up and put her hands to the side. Jinyoung lift the mask before he put it correctly. He used the end of his hoodie sleeve to wipe her wet eyes. Jinyoung pulled away his hand, and at the same time Nayeon slowly opened her eyes.

Their eyes met, and they were caught in a long stare. It has been quite long since they look at each other without feeling awkward, without looking away quickly, without the chills of the coldness. It's obvious they missed each other, it's obvious that they long for each other. It's obvious that they have a lot to say to each other.

But none of them said anything they want to say.

And both of them did nothing they wished to do.

Jinyoung laughed, instead. Nayeon squinted her eyes in confusion.

"You look like a snowman," Jinyoung teased, before earning a slap on his chest and a slight pout from Nayeon. Jinyoung's laugh then turned into a small smile as his hand reached up and pinched Nayeon's pouted lips slightly.

"Go to sleep, you must've been tired. Goodnight," Jinyoung said before he scooted away. Nayeon was still pouting, but nodded anyway. 

"You too, goodnight,"

 

 

 

Meanwhile the others were in the tent, getting ready to sleep, Mark and Sana took a stroll around the beach. The extra chilly wind made both of them stuck to each other, both with arms around each other's waist. 

"Ah... so is this why you suddenly ask for  a walk?" Sana asked. Mark chuckled.

"Well, actually no, but I'm glad I did," Mark replied, earning a laugh from Sana.

"Since it's cold tonight, should we test the water?" Mark asked, with a naughty grin on his lips. Sana's eyes widened in shock.

"What??? No, no--AAAHHHHH" Sana screamed when Mark suddenly carried her bridal-style. She circled her hands around Mark's neck tightly.

"Wait, oppa, please, please no," Sana pleaded as Mark walked approaching the sea. Mark laughed at Sana's reaction as he found it so adorable.

"Just a little bit," Mark bent down his knees, teasing Sana. Sana put up her legs as high as she can, trying to avoid it from hitting the cold water. She tightened her hug and without her knowing, her face was already at Mark's neck. Sana wondered how Mark is so thin but managed to hold her easily like he's doing now.

Sana didn't realize that Mark had already straighten up and was looking at her, and was caught in surprise when Mark suddenly leaned down to peck her lips. Sana's eyes widened- more wide than ever, while Mark gave her a grin. Sana could already feel her face burning and her stomach churned in nervousness.

"I love you," Mark said. Sana was too flustered to reply so she just hid her face too Mark's shoulder, earning a hearty laugh from the older guy.

"Say 'I love you too, oppa', or we'll both go down in the water," Mark said. Sana lifted her face and looked at Mark.

"You can't threat me! That's unfair!" Sana protested.

"Ohh I'll throw you downnnn," Mark bent down once again, threating her more. This time Mark bent faster and soon Sana could feel the tip of her toes reached the water. She immediately screamed and hugged Mark really tight.

"I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU OPPA PLEASE LET ME DOWN!" 

"Let you down? As in the water?"

"Huh? WAIT NO!!" Sana screamed and Mark's laugh filled the night once again. Mark walked away from the sea and then let Sana down on the sand instead. Sana immediately hit his chest repeatedly and Mark caught both of her hands with his before he pulled her closer to him. 

"You're adorable," Mark said, leaning down and bumping his nose with hers. Sana who was about to nag him melted at his words but she tried her hardest to not let it shown on her face. 

"I know but that doesn't mean--" And Mark caught her lips with his. 

"--you can threat me--" And another peck.

"--to say--" Another one.

"-- I love you too--" And this time, their lips met again but Mark didn't pull away quickly. Sana's hands held tightly onto Mark's hoodie before she return the kiss back, and Mark smiled through the kiss. Not long after, they pulled away, but Mark's eyes stay glued on Sana who was bright red, but thank God for the lack of lighting.

"I'm really happy I met you," Mark said. Sana smiled at his words, and Mark swore he felt his heart warmed at the sight, despite the chilly wind that hit him to the bones.

"Me too," 

 

 

 

Jackson went in the tent after he prepared his body and soul to share a tent with his ex-crush and his ex-crush's boyfriend. Jackson ped the tent carefully and went in.

Jackson saw both Yugyeom and Tzuyu were snuggled together and sleeping soundly. Jackson quickly looked away and walked ahead to his backpack, sitting with his back facing them. 

He took a deep breath before he bit his lower lip, trying to not let his emotion controlled him and to stop the tears pooling in his eyes. 

He hated feeling like this so much. Yugyeom is almost like his own younger brother and he hates feeling like this when he himself knows that Yugyeom deserves his own happiness too.

Even though Jackson's happiness have to be sacrificed...

He wished he didn't fall in love that day when he first met Tzuyu. Things would be a lot more different now. Maybe he would took pictures of the maknae couple as a blackmail, or maybe he could squeal in happiness because both of them looked so cute and adorable together.

He just needed some time, more time, to get used and be happy for them. That's all.

You can do it, Wang Jackson.

 

 

 

Youngjae stirred around to his left and saw that Bambam was already deep asleep, probably too tired since he was really hyperactive today. Jaebum was still looking at his phone, but soon yawned and put the phone down. Strangely, Youngjae didn't feel the sleepiness yet despite the usual him is someone who loves to sleep a lot. 

Though, he thinks he know the reason.

 

Jeongyeon Yoo

 

yjy

yes cyj

you sleep yet

you think

i can't sleep

let's go outside

but it's late

but i can't sleep

lol okayyyyyy

wear sweater it's cold

 

Youngjae went out of the tent quietly and at the same time Jeongyeon was coming out from her tent. 

"Is everyone in your tent asleep yet?" Youngjae asked. Jeongyeon nodded. 

"Yours?" 

"Bambam basically fainted, Jaebum hyung was about to sleep," Youngjae said. Both of them then sat side by side nearby the campfire. Since it's cold, they agreed to just sit down and talk. Both of them had their knees close to their chest, hugged in their arms.

"How come you can't sleep? That's weird," Jeongyeon said. Youngjae shrugged his shoulder. They were in silent for a moment, before Youngjae spoke up.

"Actually, I think I know the reason," Jeongyeon looked at Youngjae.

"Really? Why? Because it's a new place? Is it uncomfortable?" Jeongyeon asked. Youngjae shook his head. He took a deep breath, while gathering his courage before he answered the question.

"Actually, I have something to tell you," Youngjae said with a serious face. Jeongyeon's eyebrows met, before she hit Youngjae's arm playfully.

"Don't be so serious! You're scaring me," Jeongyeon said, laughing afterwards. Although, in fact, she is feeling nervous and curious about what Youngjae was about to say.

"Because I am serious. Listen carefully what I'm going to say," Jeongyeon had her lips shut while she looked at Youngjae, but Youngjae's eyes stuck to the fire, while his hands were busy throwing small stick to the fire.

"Actually, during our last year in high school, I... I have some feelings for you. I like you more than a friend," Youngjae started.

"I was too scared to confess because I'm afraid you don't feel the same and will reject me, and it'll ruin our friendship. So I tried to forget you. I make myself believe that I'm over you, I remind myself that we're just friends," Youngjae said. He was about to continue some more but Jeongyeon cut his words.

"Wait, you feel like that too?" Jeongyeon asked.

"Yeah, oh WAIT. What do you mean by 'too'?" Youngjae asked, eyes widening slightly as he finally turned to look at Jeongyeon.

"I... How to say this without being cheesy? I like you too at that time. And yes, I feel exactly the same, I didn't tell you because I'm afraid we'll be awkward and ruin the friendship!" Jeongyeon said. Youngjae's jaw dropped in surprise.

"Really?? Are you serious?? Why you didn't tell me?!?" Youngjae asked again. Jeongyeon rolled her eyes.

"You're the guy! You should confess first! Okay, so then tell me what happened," Jeongyeon said. Youngjae took a moment to process what really just happened, before he continued.

"Then I tried to forget you, of course, thinking it was just a phase. I keep telling myself that we're just friends and will never be more than that," Jeongyeon slapped Youngjae's arm.

"OH MY GOD SAMEEEE!!" She exclaimed. Youngjae gasped before he pulled up the sleeve of his hoodie.

"Look! I'm getting goosebumps!" Youngjae showed and both of them laughed. The laughter soon died, and then Youngjae turned back to his serious mood. And this time, he talked while resting his head on his arm, looking at Jeongyeon's face. 

"So... Uhm... Do you still feel the same now?" Youngjae asked. Jeongyeon was caught off guard with the question. She felt her cheeks heatened as she looked away, avoiding Youngjae's eyes.

"Uh... Well, I don't know, sometimes I do feel it, but--"

"So do you think it's possible if we're... together?" Youngjae asked again. Jeongyeon turned to look at Youngjae, who was looking at her with eyes filled with innocence, but also had some eagerness in it. Jeongyeon sighed.

"I don't know, honestly. We never know if it'll work out or not. I don't want to lose you as a friend," Jeongyeon said, biting her lower lip in guilt. Youngjae straighten up and nodded. He understood where Jeongyeon's concern came from.

"I'm afraid too. I don't want to ruin what we have, what we build for the past ten years, too.But think of it, Jeongyeon. If we don't try it because we're scared, then we'll never know. Honestly, I don't think I can find anyone like you. Who understands me, who share the same interests with me, who can shut me up in a way that I could never feel offended, someone who match my sense of humor perfectly. You might be my soulmate, for God's sake. Imagine, losing a soulmate because we're afraid of losing a bestfriend?" Youngjae said. Jeongyeon took a moment to digest Youngjae's words.

She kind agreed with him. She herself ended up comparing every guy with Youngjae. Like, Wonpil is nice, but he isn't as understanding and comfortable like Youngjae. She had a crush on one of her Hiking clubmate, but gave up immedately because his personality is cold, and not as bright and cheerful as Youngjae.Whenever she knew any guy, in the end her mind will think, "Youngjae wouldn't do this" , "Youngjae will do it like this" , blablabla. For her, it was hard too to find someone who will top Youngjae.

"But... What if... we can't work it out?" Jeongyeon asked. Youngjae then held out his pinky finger to Jeongyeon, while Jeongyeon looked at him hesitantly.

"I promise, I won't give up until we'll work it out," He said. Jeongyeon looked at his pinky promise, waiting to be accepted, before she looked up at him, who was smiling while looking at her. 

Youngjae's smile turned into a grin when Jeongyeon finally linked her pinky finger with his. They then stamped their thumb together, before Youngjae burst out laughing.

"Do you remember back then when we're 16, you made me pinky promise you to not tell your mom that you accidentally drink beer in the fridge?" Youngjae asked. Jeongyeon laughed embarassedly too at the memory. Youngjae took his moment to capture the image of Jeongyeon laughing in his head.

Youngjae knows, it might've been too early to say this but, he can't wait to grow old together with this girl beside him.

 

 

 

Jinyoung woke up the next day when he felt something around his waist. He panicked at first but he immediately soften when he saw what it was. 

He never thought this day would come again, honestly.

Nayeon was sleeping in his arms, breathing steadily with slightly opened mouth. Her arm hung lightly around his waist while the other one was between them, at his chest. Their legs were intertwined with each other, like their usual cuddle they had during their dating days. It has been a whole while since Jinyoung felt happy to wake up. Like finally, it's worth to live the day.

Jinyoung brushed out Nayeon's bangs that covered her eyes. She looked so beautiful and Jinyoung just can't figure out how did he manage to survive these past few months without seeing her beautiful face up close like this.

She's in front of him but he still miss her so much.

At that moment, Jinyoung decided.

He just can't live without Nayeon. Even if he can, he just doesn't want to. He just realized that why would he leave someone who made him happy just by seeing her face? Why would he leave someone who made him feel warm on a cold day? Why would he leave someone who made him feel he can go through anything as long as he has her in his arm? Why would he?

Jinyoung was reminded with Jaebum's words when they drank together the other day. He thought about the reason why he fell for Nayeon in the first place. And then, it hit him.

He fell for her because of her selfless-ness. She always put others before herself. She would sacrifice something of her own as long as others are happy. She would always thought of others first before she thought of herself.

And to leave her because she was being selfless? Jinyoung couldn't find the logic in that.

Of course, what she did was wrong. But when Jinyoung thought of it from her perspective, in the end, she just want the best for him. It was hard for her but she sacrifice her love instead for his future. She did it with the thought of him. Even when she apologized yesterday, she didn't forget to ask Jinyoung not to blame his sister.

How can he not love her?

Jinyoung then felt Nayeon stirred in her sleep, which made Jinyoung came back to reality. Nayeon slowly opened her eyes as she rubbed them with her fingers. It had been a while since she got such a good sleep that felt really long. She didn't dream of anything, but it just felt really nice.

It was until she felt something tighten around her waist.

Nayeon eyes fluttered open abruptly , and widened when the first thing she saw was Jinyoung's face, who was staring down at her blankly. Nayeon then realized that she was hugging his waist too. She felt her face heatened and slowly, she pulled away her hand.

"Uh I-I'm sorry I--"

"I miss you,"

"Yes-- wait, what?" Nayeon's eyes enlarged, as she felt her heart beating faster. She couldn't help but doubted her ears. Or wondering if she's dreaming. It can't be real... right?

"I miss you," Jinyoung said it again, as this time his fingers played with her bangs. Nayeon looked at Jinyoung in disbelief, before he gave Nayeon a small smile. Nayeon didn't know why, but she felt the tears gathering in her eyes, threatening to fall down. Jinyoung was slightly flustered when he saw Nayeon was about to cry so he pulled her closer.

"Why? Don't cry," He said while rubbing her back with his hand. Reverse psychology doing its job best, Jinyoung's words only made Nayeon cried. Jinyoung was confused but he calmed Nayeon down anyway.

"I... I miss you too," Nayeon said in between her sniffs. Jinyoung chuckled.

"So you cry because you miss me?" Jinyoung asked with a teasing smile. Nayeon was pouting while she glared at Jinyoung.

"That, and also because you're a jerk," Nayeon said. Jinyoung felt his heart warmed despite being called a jerk, because finally, after these few long months, his day feels right. He got his Nayeon back.

"But you're a bigger jerk," Jinyoung joked, but Nayeon's face changed. Jinyoung could see the guilt in her eyes.

"I'm sorry," Nayeon said, while her fingers unconciously were drawing circles to Jinyoung's waist because she was nervous. Jinyoung pulled away his hand around her waist and took her hand in his, intertwining their fingers together.

"I can't say that it's okay, but I kind of understand why you did what you did. I can't posibbly hate you for a mistake, I'm not perfect too but you've loved and accepted every part of me, so I'm gonna do the same for you," Jinyoung said. Nayeon's eyes got teary again when Jinyoung softly kissed each one of her knuckles.

"So... We're good now?" Nayeon asked. Jinyoung looked at her with a smile.

"Now, and forever," 

 

 

 

Jaebum and Mark exchanged knowing glances as both of them saw Jinyoung and  Nayeon sitting together under the tree while holding hands. The others besides them noticed that the couple was back together again, and they were happy for both of them. Jaebum also noticed how Youngjae and Jeongyeon had been extremely close to each other since this morning, and Jaebum made mental note to ask Youngjae about it later.

Besides Jinyoung and Nayeon, Mark and Sana were sitting at the mat, taking turns feeding each other pieces of fruits, and the rest of them were playing at the beach. They were going back to the house after lunch so they decided to have some fun time in the water. Lots of screams were heard along with splashes of water. 

Youngjae stood in front of Jeongyeon while his arms were opened wide, protecting her from Bambam's attack, meanwhile Mina hid behind Bambam. Mina clung onto Bambam's shoulder, and honestly, Bambam tried hard to ignore his fast heartbeat inside. The pairs continued the battle with Dahyun as a referee. Meanwhile Jaebum had joined Jackson and both of them were having a swimming battle not far from the group.

Yugyeom and Tzuyu had enough fun playing with water so they went and sat at the seaside, before ended up building a sandcastle together. Tzuyu laughed a lot when Yugyeom pretended to build a castle for both of them to live in together, along with their kids. Tzuyu played along and planned for the rooms, and decorated the "garden" with seashells. Both of them had fun in their own world.

It's a good thing Mark thought of the idea to bring all of them for a camping. Everyone had fun and looked so happy without any stress. It was a  break that they didn't know they need.

After another half an hour, those who were playing at the beach came out and walked to the mat where Mark and Sana were sitting. They shivered in cold when the wind hit their wet body. Bambam saw Mina and Dahyun hugged each other while walking because both of them were shivering. Bambam ran lightly and passed by them, arriving at the mat earlier. 

He grabbed a towel and without thinking, he ran to Mina to give it to her. Mina looked at him, slightly surprised, while Dahyun was eyeing the two suspiciously from the side.

"Thanks," Mina said, taking the towel from him. 

"How about me, oppa?" Dahyun asked. Bambam then just realized what he did, and all of a sudden he became embarassed at his action. He stuttered to answer, but luckily Jaebum saved him by giving a towel to Dahyun.

Mina looked at Bambam who was still wet and chuckled.

"You should've take a towel for yourself too," Mina said. Bambam rubbed the back of his neck, flustered.

"It's okay, I'm not cold," He said. Mina eyed down to his shaking thin legs, before she laughed.

Youngjae took two towels and handed one of it to Jeongyeon. Youngjae dried his hair, meanwhile Jeongyeon's eyes stuck to Yugyeom who was drying Tzuyu's hair affectionately. Jeongyeon poked Youngjae's arm repeatedly, until the boy paid attention to her.

"What?" He asked. Jeongyeon's lips pointed at the maknae couple. Youngjae turned around, and got what Jeongyeon meant, but he decided to .

"Why? You want to dry my hair? Here you go," Youngjae said, handing his own towel to Jeongyeon. Jeongyeon glared at him and hit him with the towel in her hand, before Youngjae then burst into laughter. Youngjae then put his towel around his neck before taking Jeongyeon's towel and pulled her closer to him. He draped the towel on top of her head and started drying her hair carefully. His heart was racing really fast, but what he didn't know was Jeongyeon's heart felt the same too.

"It's a good thing you have short hair," Youngjae joked, before earning a kick to his shin. 

 


 

3.9K AKJKASJKSJKSJKSJKSJKSJSK

I'm sorry this took so long to be updated since I'm busy, but I was determined to update today since it's Youngjae's birthday lol

AND HERE YOU GO!! A lot of you guys wished for either JeongJae or JinYeon to be together but I made both of them together in a chapter because WHY NOT?

Remember how I gave spoiler on the prev chapter? Now I understand why GOT7 loves to give spoiler so much. The reactions you guys give are gold xD

So here's a warning: I'm an evil author :------)

Thank you for still reading Home, welcome to new subscribers and HUUUUUUGE thanks to all of you guys who commented and upvoted.

Hope everyone have a good day!

-rainbowalien