Chapter 21

HOME [GOTWICE FANFICTION]

Jackson had a swimming competition among universities, hosted at his university. It was normal for him to be nervous but this time, for some reason he just got a hunch that he and his teammates would do well in the competition. A lot of students came to support the team and he felt spirited to do his really best.

On the way to the changing room, he saw Momo who was stretching not far from the pool. He walked over to her and she seemed to be so into her warming up that she didn't notice Jackson.

"Hey," Jackson greeted and Momo flinched in surprise. She then rubbed her chest in relieve when she saw Jackson. Jackson laughed lightly.

"I don't know that you're scaredy-cat too," Jackson said and Momo rolled her eyes.

"Your 'too' means you're a scaredy-cat yourself, so you have no right to tease me," Momo said. Jackson held up both his hands like a guilty culprit.

"Fine. Why so serious?" Jackson asked. Momo didn't answer, instead  she just continued her stretching. A few juniors walked pass by them while looking at both of them, before whispering to each other. Jackson rolled his eyes.

"Did you hear the rumour yet?" Jackson asked.

"What rumour?" Momo asked, even though she kind of knew what Jackson meant.

"The 'The Handsome, Charming, Absolutely Cool Ultimate Playboy Wang Jackson is dating a Law Dean List Student who was also His Swimming Teammate, Momo Hirai'," Jackson said. Momo rolled her eyes at Jackson's words.

"Everyone is bugging me about it," Momo said. Jackson chuckled at Momo's annoyed face. The rumour started because there's a few student who saw Jackson sending Momo back to her  hostel the same day when he was heartbroken because of Tzuyu and Yugyeom. Since then, almost everyone was curious because well, Jackson is popular for his playboy reputation while Momo is quite known too since  she's the pretty law-major girl that no one ever gotten close too. That's quite a unique combination that calls for gossips.

"Hope it's not bothering you so much," Jackson said. 

"It's not. Besides the fact that everyone is looking at me everywhere I walked," Momo said sarcastically. Jackson laughed, he didn't know if he should apologize or not because it's really not something  that he could control.

"Goodluck, by the way, for the competition," Jackson said. Momo nodded.

"Thanks, you too," Momo said. Jackson wanted to complain at how cold the wish sounded but he decided to keep it to himself. He held up his fist, waiting for Momo to bump it with hers. Momo looked at him, frowning as she forgot how childish a Jackson Wang could be sometimes. Jackson wriggled his brows, waiting for Momo to accept his fist bump. Momo sighed dramatically before she held up his hand and bumped her fist with Jackson's. Jackson grinned before he waved goodbye to the girl, feeling giddy that he made Momo did childish thing with him.

 

 

 

Youngjae and Jeongyeon are sitting side by side on the couch, Jeongyeon's legs draping on Youngjae's, both playing with their phone. Bambam was sitting on the bean bag not far from them, watching a cooking show, suddenly having interest in it. Youngjae was scrolling down his instagram timeline, when he saw a picture that G-Dragon posted 5 minutes ago, but he spotted that Jeongyeon already liked the picture.

"Wow, look who's fast," Youngjae said and Jeongyeon leaned closer to look at what he meant. Jeongyeon rolled her eyes when she saw Youngjae pointed at her username.

"I have his post notification on," Jeongyeon said proudly. Youngjae squinted his eyes at her.

"Do you have mine on or not? You liked my post like... 3 hours later," Youngjae said, slightly bitter. Jeongyeon laughed.

"Honestly? I don't," Jeongyeon said, grinning sheepishly. Youngjae gasped at her answer.

"Why??" Youngjae whined, and from the look of it, he seemed like seriously offended. Jeongyeon looked at him in disbelief.

"I'm with you like... what, 24 hours a day? You can just tell it to my face if you posted something on Instagram," Jeongyeon said.

"But I'm your boyfriend now, shouldn't you want to be the first person who seen and liked my photos? No?" Youngjae asked. Jeongyeon rolled her eyes.

"You're being ridiculous," 

"Me? Ridiculous? I have your post notification on even before we were together," Youngjae said, pouting. Jeongyeon sighed. She pulled away her legs from on top of his and straighten her sitting.

"Choi Youngjae, are we seriously fighting because of this? Stop being childish," She said. Youngjae turned to look at her, surprised with her words.

"This is childish? No, I just want to feel important to you as much as I think you're important to me," Youngjae said. Jeongyeon wanted to laugh at how amazingly ridiculous Youngjae was being right now. She tried to stay calm and play along, he was probably just messing around with her.

"You're seriously using Instagram post notification as the benchmark? Let's just break up," Jeongyeon said, jokingly, but in a serious face. Youngjae scoffed.

"Fine, let's break up. It's my fault to think that we'll work this out," Youngjae said. Jeongyeon looked at Youngjae, and was hit with shock when she saw that he was serious with his words. 

"Fine, we're over!" Jeongyeon said, raising her voice a bit louder, causing Bambam to turn his head and look at the new couple in surprise. Jeongyeon stood up and stomped her way to her room, leaving Youngjae who was still not even glancing at her, what more trying to stop her. She mumbled curses under her breath as she walked on the stairs, while trying hard to not let the tears pooling in her eyes fell down to her cheeks. Jeongyeon slammed the door shut, before she threw herself on the bed.

"Promise? What kind of bull is that?" Jeongyeon mumbled again. She looked around and saw the ostrich stuffed-toy that Youngjae bought for her for her 17th birthday because he said that it looks like her. She grabbed it punched the innocent toy repeatedly, letting out her frustation. She was then interrupted with knocks on the door.

"Who is that?" She asked in annoyance. She didn't mean to let it out to other people but she just couldn't help it. She was really annoyed and also dissapointed with how Youngjae behaved earlier. Not to mention her relationship only lasted for like.. 3 days?????

However, the knocks didn't end and Jeongyeon groaned. She lazily stood up and walked to the door. She twisted the knob and opened the door, only to see Youngjae was standing, his lips formed into a pout as he looked at Jeongyeon sadly.

"What do you want, ex-boyfriend?" Jeongyeon asked, stressing the last word. Youngjae's brows met as he frowned, disliking what Jeongyeon just said.

"I'm sorry, I take back what I said earlier," Youngjae said. Jeongyeon folded her arms.

"What exactly are you sorry of and what exactly do you take back?" Jeongyeon asked. 

"I'm sorry for being ridiculous, and childish. I was just playing around at first but then I got overthinking,"

"I take back what I said. I don't want to break up with you," Youngjae said, still pouting, but this time he looked at Jeongyeon with guilty puppy eyes. Jeongyeon felt every cell inside her melted. She didn't know that Youngjae could be this adorable. Youngjae blinked his eyes innocently, and Jeongyeon couldn't help to slowly smile.  Youngjae grinned when he saw it.

"I hate you," Jeongyeon said. Youngjae reached up and ruffled Jeongyeon's hair, messing it.

"I hate you too," Youngjae replied jokingly. Jeongyeon gave him a glare.

"I didn't say I accepted your apology yet," And the mischief in Youngjae's eyes immediately changed to the innocent puppy eyes again, and Jeongyeon couldn't hold her laugh. Both of them then walked downstairs to the living room once again. They sat down at the same spot on the couch, close to each other as if nothing happened before. Bambam looked up to the couple once again, in surprise.

"Uh, hyung, noona, didn't you guys just break up like... 2 minutes ago?" Bambam asked.

"We're together again now," Youngjae said like it was something normal. Bambam's brows met in confusion, before he shook his head, couldn't understand the pair's logic.

 

 

 

"JACKSON WANG! JACKSON WANG!" Jackson's teammates shouted repeatedly as they throw Jackson in the air along with cheers and applauses. They finally put Jackson down when after three more throws, and Jackson couldn't stop the smile on his face. He won 1st place for all three events he participated, which also helps their university team to win the overall competition.

"Congrats man! You're freaking unbeatable!" Brian, one of his teammates hugged Jackson as he congratulated him. 

"Nahh, I couldn't make it if it's not for you guys either," Jackson said, and his teammates awwh-ed at his cheesiness. 

"Pack your things, the dinner is on me!" Jackson shouted and another round of cheer echoed in the hall. Jackson met some more of his friends who congratulated them, before slowly the hall became empty. 

Jackson walked along with his teammates out of the university, going to a barbeque restaurant nearby. They were chit-chatting along the way, before one of his teammate, Jooheon asked him a question.

"Dude, so you're not going to comfort your scandal?" Jackson looked at him in confusion.

"Scandal? Who?"

"Momo. She got third and second place in her events," Jooheon said. Jackson's jaw dropped. Momo is the top swimmer in the female team, and for her to not get at least one first place is a big surprise.

"Really? I didn't know that," Jackson said. Jackson looked around and saw that Momo wasn't with the female swimmers of the team.  Jackson slowed down his steps until he walked beside Ayeon.

"Hey, where's Momo?" Jackson asked.

"Momo? Oh, right. She said that she can't join us, she has things to do. She said congrats to you, though," Ayeon replied. 

"Oh, so she went home already?" 

"She's still at the changing room when we were going out. Why?" Ayeon asked.

"Oh, nothing. Thanks," Jackson said, smiling. He then kept walking in silent, but he didn't know why his mind kept going back to Momo, wondering if she's alright.

"Guys," Jackson called. The rest of the team looked at him, waiting for him to continue.

"Can we postpone the dinner on other day? I promise. Pleaseeee?"

 

 

 

Jackson ran back to the swimming hall, before stopping right in front of the door to catch his breath. He calmed himself down before he slowly pushed open the door. It's unlocked, which means the last person to get out didn't tell the guard to lock the pool, or there's still people inside. 

Jackson walked slowly as he looked around, before his ears caught a voice echoed in the empty hall. Jackson's heart beated faster because a part of him was afraid that there was ghost in a place that's basically his playground. He walked further inside, and felt his heart dropped at the sight in front of him.

Jackson saw Momo, though he only saw her back, he knew that it was her, sitting by the pool, hugging her knees while she looked down, and her sobbed could be heard despite the distance. She didn't notice Jackson coming closer to her, and her sniffles and sobs became more clear to his ears too.

Jackson crouched down beside her. He noticed that her body tensed and she kind of stopped crying so he figured she realized that there's someone with her though she was still looking down. Jackson slowly reached his hands and wrapped Momo into a hug. Jackson felt Momo's head looking up but he quickly held her head close to his shoulder instead.

"It's me, Jackson. I'm literally offering my shoulder for you so you can cry all you want," Almost as if  it's on cue, Momo started crying again. Jackson tighten his hold as he swayed her body to the left and the right. He rubbed his hands on her back repeatedly to comfort her.

"It's okay, it's okay. Let it all out," He said, whispering to her ear.

 

 

 

"I'm sorry, but I can't be with you anymore," Jinyoung started. Nayeon looked at him in surprise.

"What? But... But why? I-I thought you've changed your mind," Nayeon replied

"Because... We just can't. You know my parents are against our relationship. I love you, but, we can't be together. I'm sorry," 

"No, you can't do this to me. Where did our promise to be together, to fight for our love no matter what goes? Where did it goes?" Nayeon asked, her voice rising as she spoke. Jinyoung looked at her sadly and shook his head.

"I'm sorry, but this is the best for us," Jinyoung said. Nayeon frowned as she looked at the paper in her hand.

"Wait, here it says, you'll give the girl the last kiss before you leave her alone on the stage and she'll start crying. So there will be a kiss scene???" Nayeon looked at Jinyoung with wide eyes. Jinyoung grinned innocently at her.

"Uhm, when I accepted this role I was single so...." Jinyoung trailed off and Nayeon gave him a glare.

"So you have other intentions too when you joined the theatre team back?" Nayeon asked. Jinyoung quickly shook his head.

"No, no. Not at all. What I mean is I don't think a kiss scene will be a problem since I was single at that time. I did not join just to kiss someone. No," Jinyoung explained. Nayeon squinted her eyes suspicously at Jinyoung.

"We can always practice the kiss scene if you want," Jinyoung said. Nayeon choked on her own spit when she heard Jinyoung's words. Her face warmed and turned bright red.

"Oh, why are you blushing? I just offered since you're my practice partner. Or did you imagine... anything?" Jinyoung asked, teasing Nayeon even more as he kept his face straight. Nayeon quickly shook her head.

"No, nothing," Nayeon replied, looking away from Jinyoung and pretending  to read the rest of his script. Jinyoung smiled as he stared at Nayeon. 

"Im Nayeon," Jinyoung called. Nayeon slowly looked up at Jinyoung, waiting for him to continue talking. Instead, Jinyoung reached up and rested his hand at her neck. Nayeon's eyes grew wider while her heart start beating in an unsteady beat when Jinyoung's face got closer to hers. Their nose bumped with each other and their eyes met briefly before both of them closed their eyes, and their lips met not long after. 

Nayeon felt everything inside her melted at the soft and careful touch of Jinyoung's and she rested her hands into Jinyoung's hair. Meanwhile Jinyoung felt himself burning yet weakened because only then he realized that how he feels so belonged to her. The kiss felt like throwing yourself on your bed after coming home from having a tiring day at college. It just felt so calming, relaxing, and so, so right.

They pulled away when both of them were gasping for air. Jinyoung gave the tip of her nose one last kiss as he looked at her endearingly. Though Nayeon did the opposite by narrowing her eyes at him.

"You better not kiss like that during the theatre!" She warned. Jinyoung burst into laughter before he pulled Nayeon closer to his side with his arm.

"You don't have to worry because usually I do better during practice," Jinyoung said, causing Nayeon to chuckle and pinched his side playfully.

 

 

 

Jackson came back to the pool after getting Momo a bottle of water. She pulled away first and wiped her wet cheeks. Jackson then offered if she wanted water and she nodded, though Jackson thought that it was just her needing some alone time to calm herself. 

Jackson sat back beside Momo who was a lot calmer than before. He handed her the bottle and Momo accepted while mumbling a low "Thanks".

"Can I ask now?" Jackson asked. Momo gave him a quick glance before shaking her head. Jackson scoffed. Both of them sat in silent until Jackson couldn't hold his curiousity anymore.

"What happened, seriously?" Jackson asked. Momo sighed.

"It's nothing, really. I have a cold so I'm just not in my best condition. That's all," Momo said.

"So why are you crying like this? It's not like you were careless or you make mistake. Even if you do make mistake, it's okay, everyone does," Jackson said. Momo looked down with a slight frown and pout like a kid scolded by her mom. 

"I was just dissapointed with myself. I should've take care of my body better," Momo replied. Jackson was about to nag more, but he refrained himself. He somehow understood why Momo felt like that. Both of them talked a lot, especially about swimming. It's their passion. Both of them see it as something that they would do as a career if they're not studying their respective course in college. They really love the sport and it's not only just a sport. It's basically a prat of them 

"It's okay, really. Your body needs rest too, so rest a  lot after this and come back better," Jackson said. Momo just nodded at his words in silent. Jackson was kind of amused to be honest. This is the first time Momo was being so submissive and Jackson was the one spurting facts and points instead of her. Jackson had always thought Momo was someone who has such high ego *cough* like him and will not accept other people's advice, so seeing her like this was a new side of her that he didn't know.

Jackson learnt one more thing from her, and about her.

"Why are you here? Aren't you supposed to have dinner with the others?" Momo spoke up after quite some time. 

"And lost my chance to see you cry? Never," Jackson replied. Momo turned at him with a glare and slapped his chest. Jackson screamed in pain dramatically.

"Please don't hit this side. My heart is weak, so hit the other side," Jackson said, covering his left chest. Momo gave him a smile and nodded, before raising up her hand to slap his right chest, resulting another round of over-reacting scream from Jackson and finally, a laugh from Momo echoed in the swimming hall.

 

 

 

Sana's fingers were playing with Mark's strands of hair while Mark rested his head on her lap when Sana's phone suddenly rang. Sana saw her Mom was calling so she tapped Mark's shoulder, signalling to excuse herself and Mark sat up from her lap. Sana answered the phone call while making way to the kitchen.

"Hello, mom!" Sana greeted cheerfully.

"Hello, my princess. How are you?" Her mom asked.

"I'm fine mom. How are you and dad?" 

"We're both are just fine, sweetie," Her mom answered. The conversation continued with both Sana and her mom asking each other about their daily live, but somehow Sana could feel that her mother did not call for nothing.

"Are you busy right now? I have something to talk to you about," Her mom said. Sana glanced at the living room and saw that Mark had caught up in playing game with Youngjae.

"No, mom. I'm not busy. Why?" Sana asked.

"I've talked to your dad, and we both think that it's the best for you to continue the rest of your degree here," Sana's jaw dropped at her mom's words.

"You mean, back in Japan?" Sana asked. Please, no. Please.

"Yes, sweetie," Sana was speechless and for a moment she left her mom with silence. She didn't know what to think right now, but for sure there's one in her mind.

Mark.

"B-but... Why?" 

"Your grandma is getting old and sick, she says it everyday that she misses you. You can shorten your study time too here," Her mom added. Sana took a deep breath. She couldn't really say anything if it's her grandma's wish. She was really close with her grandma and she missed her too, but honestly right now she didn't know which side should she prioritize. She didn't want to leave the other members who were also her family, her best friend who came to Korea for her, Mina, and of course, last but not least, someone she had already grown attached and crazily in love with, Mark.

"Mom, can I think of this first?" Sana hesitantly asked.

"I'm afraid not, my dear. Your father already enrolled you to one of the university nearby, and had talked to your university too. You have like a week, two weeks, the longest," Sana rubbed her face with her free hand. She sighed upon hearing that. Sana exchanged a few more words with her mom before bidding goodbye's.

Sana put her phone down and stared blankly at it. Her mind is in a complete mess right now. First of all, she was still having hard time trying to digest everything. Second of all, how to tell Mark and the others about this? Third of all, how to leave Mark when they were still in the beginning and building their new relationship? Fourth of all, how to live without Mark?!!?!?!??!

Sana decided to go back to the living room before Mark got suspicious of her long absence. Mark grinned at her when she came back. He passed the controller to Jeongyeon, before sitting close beside Sana once again.

"Your family?" He asked. Sana  smiled and nodded.

"My mom," She replied. Mark nodded before his hand s around her waist, pulling her even closer and kissed the side of her head. 

"Are you okay, baby?" Mark asked. Sana looked at Mark, slightly surprised at the question before she gave him a smile.

"Of course I'm okay, oppa," she said. Mark smiled at her, and Sana felt her heart slowly breaking inside at the thought of being apart with this wonderful man beside her.

 


 

DON'T HATE ME PART 17272838372728.

Told ya i'm an evil author hehe.

Btw, i did more planning and calculation, this story might have 29 chapters, the most will be 30. BUT, if you follow go to my story list, I added bonus chapters even after the story is completed so it might not stop at only 29 or 30 chapters ;)

A side note, please do understand that i can't fit every couple in each chapter :( I'm sorry if I'm being bias to some couple *cough* jeongjae *cough* but I'm trying my best to include as many moments as possible for other couples too. Unless you guys are okay with everyone just exchanging eye contacts in a chapter, then I'm on xD

I know I said this in every chapter and in every comment replies but I'M REALLY THANKFUL FOR EVERYONE /throws hearts/. You guys are the motivation for me to keep writing and improving, so thank you sooooo much ❤❤❤❤

AND HAPPY JINYEON DAY 22/9/2017 ❤ they're really meant to be aren't they ;w; Here's a jinyeon moodboard to celebrate!!

I'm sorry for any typo or mistakes, i'll proofread later bcs i'm hungry rn.

Hope everyone is having a nice day :)

-rainbowalien