Chapter 19

HOME [GOTWICE FANFICTION]

"Yeayyyy camping!!" Jackson screamed as hopped his way to the van. The others just chuckled and shook their head at Jackson's childishness. Jackson put his bagpack at the back of the van. He waited for the others there to help organize the bags.

"Why is your bag so heavy? We're only going for 2 days and 1 night!" Youngjae complained as he carried Jeongyeon's small luggage.

"You're the one who offered to help! I didn't ask you," Jeongyeon said, slapping Youngjae's hand away to carry it herself but Youngjae pushed her hands, insisting to carry it. 

Jinyoung waited for the others at the driver's seat, somehow thankful that he decided to drive so he managed to avoid arguing with the youngers about sitting arrangement. After what felt like eternity, Jackson settled at the front seat beside him meanwhile the rest of them sit at the back, except for Jaebum, Mark, Dahyun and Sana who left earlier because they couldn't fit everyone in the van.

Jinyoung was confused at first when Mark suggested for a camping together, out of the blue, since it's not even a special holiday. They were just using their weekends. 

Jinyoung did think to pass it, first because he's tired-more to emotionally, and he didn't want the camping to become awkward. But then, he saw how Nayeon was okay with it and it would be immature for him to not participate, so he changed his mind. He could use this chance to relieve some stress too so it might not be a bad idea afterall.

Furthermore, it's free. Mark's father is sponsoring everything. He was always so kind and generous to the house members, saying that they are Mark's second family so he wants them to enjoy youth too, aside from studying hard for the future.

"Let's put on some music," Jackson said as soon as they started their journey. 

"Put on a sweet love song, we have a new couple here, in the van," Jinyoung said, wriggling his eyebrows at Yugyeom teasingly from the rear-view mirror. He could see Yugyeom and Tzuyu smiled shyly and he felt warm at the maknae couple.

"No, I don't want to hear sweet song!" Jackson refused. He received a 'boo' from the others and he turned around making a face to them. 

"Let's listen to a fun song instead," Jackson said and put on Bruno Mars' 24K, and the loudest cheer could be heard from Youngjae at the back of the van. 

"YASSS HYUNG BRUNO MARS!!" Jackson grinned, feeling proud at his choice. A few seconds through the song and they were already jamming to it like crazy. Youngjae was spitting english lyrics, Jeongyeon was clapping along- hyping up her best friend, Yugyeom was grooving his body to the rhythm- a new side of him that got Tzuyu's jaw dropped, meanwhile Nayeon and Mina were laughing at Bambam who just dabbed non-stop. Not to mention Jackson, who almost jumped on his seat, if only the roof wasn't stopping him. Jinyoung just nodded to the music as he drived in silent, though he couldn't help the wide smile spreading on his face.

Good thing Jaebum wasn't here, or he probably would have headache by now.

 

 

 

They arrived at the camping site 3 hours later. Mark chose the site that was located at a beach so instead of surrounded only with trees, they got to experience camping and playing at beach at the same time. 

"Guys, we're here," Jinyoung announced, causing the others who fell asleep at the back to slowly wake up. 

Jeongyeon rubbed away the sleepiness from her eyes before she realized that her shoulder was heavy. She turned to look and it was no other than Youngjae's head, who was still sleeping with his mouth slightly opened. Jeongyeon shook his arm repeatedly, until he finally woke up.

"Wake up, sleepyhead. And your head is quite heavy for someone who doesn't have many things in it," Jeongyeon joked, earning an annoyed groan from Youngjae. Youngjae however reached out for her shoulder and massaged it with his hand because he was sorry.

All of them shouted excitedly when they got off the van, and the other four who was waiting welcomed them. They stretched their sore limbs and dramatically took their moment inhaling the fresh air. 

"Alright guys, listen to me," Jaebum said, gathering the members like a kindergarten teacher. 

"We had set up the tent to save time while waiting for you guys, but, it wouldn't be fun if we let you guys choose your tentmates," Jaebum said. Different reactions were heard and Jaebum along with Mark who planned this laughed. 

"Pick the stick, you're tentmates with those who got the same colour as you. There are larger tent, so some of you will be in a group of 3 and some of you 2 will share a tent,"

"Wait, so we'll mix girls and boys?" Youngjae asked. Jaebum nodded.

"Yup. I trust you guys won't do anything bad. Right?" Jaebum asked, widening his eyes at the last word. The others laughed and nodded like a good student they are. The others pick a stick for themselves, except for Mark and Sana, whom Mark used his sponsor's son title chose a tent already without having to pick according to the stick.

"Oh, I got red!" Youngjae exclaimed. They then were caught up in looking for partners with the same stick. Youngjae, Bambam and Jaebum pick red so they got the large tent. Tzuyu and Yugyeom coincidentally got the same pink stick, meanwhile Dahyun, Mina and Jeongyeon picked a green one.

"Wait, I got pink stick! Who have pink here?" Jackson asked. Yugyeom and Tzuyu looked at each other.

"The same pink?" Yugyeom showed his stick to Jackson to compare, and it is the same shade of pink. 

"Wait so I'll join you two? In a tent?" Jackson asked in disbelief. The God sure likes to play with his heart. Just when he was trying to move on from Tzuyu, the fate put them together.  Yugyeom felt slightly dissapointed too because he thought he will have the tent with Tzuyu alone. 

"Then, who got purple? Oh..." Nayeon asked as she looked around, before she noticed that everyone were in a group already except for her, and Jinyoung. Jinyoung looked down to his stick, and yes, it's confirmed and official, that his was purple. Mark exchanged surprised look with Jaebum. They planned to paired both Nayeon and Jinyoung in a game later, but it looks like the fate was helping the agenda too. Jaebum's eyes met with Jinyoung, who seemed like were asking Jaebum for help but Jaebum quickly turned away and pretended to not see it.

"Alright, everyone has their tentmates already so you guys can put your stuffs inside. This is not a school camp or something so you guys are free to do whatever you want. You see the toilet is there, the tent is right here, so make yourself comfortable and forget all the stress you guys have. Dahyun and I will be preparing lunch," Jaebum said. The others nodded and soon they started to get their bag from the van and walked to their respective tent. Jinyoung and Nayeon shared an awkward stare for a quick second, before both of them looked away.

 

 

 

"Dubu dubu~" Jaebum sang when he walked behind Dahyun. Dahyun let out a laugh.

"It's unfair, I should come up with a nickname too for you," Dahyun said. Jaebum laughed lightly.

"Try give me one," Jaebum said while washing the rice. Dahyun who was cutting the kimchi paused a while to think.

"Hmm... How about... Grandpa?" 

"Grandpa? Why? Dubu is cute and you give me grandpa..." Jaebum said. Dahyun turned her head to look at Jaebum and as she expected, he was slightly pouting at the nickname. Dahyun laughed.

"Why? I think grandpa is cute," Dahyun replied.

"I don't want to be cute, I'm manly. Give me something manly," Jaebum said. He had finished washing the rice and went over to the stove. The rice had to be cooked manually, not using the rice cooker, so Jaebum prayed that he will not ruin it. Jaebum closed the pot with the lid before he walked over to Dahyun who was preparing ingredients for kimchi stew.

"Manly? I can't think of one. I'll stick with grandpa instead," Dahyun said, teasing Jaebum even more. Jaebum glared at her jokingly, but melted instantly when he saw the sheepish grin she had on her face. Jaebum reached out to pinch her cheek, and Dahyun dramatically screamed even though Jaebum didn't pinch that hard.

"I should change your nickname to Drama Queen," Jaebum said, earning a slap to his chest, before both of them laughed, enjoying the rare time they got to spend with each other.

 

 

 

After lunch and resting for a while, all of them gathered again as they were called by Jaebum. 

"Mr. Im, what are we gonna do today?" Jackson asked, with an extra cute voice, acting as if he is a student and Jaebum is a teacher.

"Alright guys, now listen to teacher's words carefully," Jaebum said, playing along with the roleplay and all of them laughed.

"So, Mark has planned an activity along with the owner of this campsite, who is someone he knows. It's part of the camping package, so the activity we'll be doing is... Drumroll!" 

"Dududuududududududududuudududu!!" Bambam, Yugyeom and Youngjae immediately did the drumroll spontanuosly. Dahyun and Jeongyeon joined them too. Jaebum smiled, feeling somewhat proud at the teamwork.

"Treasure hunt!" Jaebum announced. The members cheered and clapped like an excited middle school students. 

"Mark has the list of the team, so he will announce it," Jaebum said.

 

 

 

Jinyoung walked as he kicked the branches on the ground. He knew it. He knew Mark and Jaebum must've been planning for this one.

Jinyoung gave a quick glance to Nayeon who was reading the clue, or maybe she just need something to look at. The treasure hunt started for a solid 5 minutes already, and Jinyoung didn't even read the clue in Nayeon's hand, yet he had been walking without any direction and Nayeon just followed quietly behind him. Jinyoung slowed down his steps and Nayeon looked up when she noticed that the gap between her and Jinyoung had became closer.

"What did the clue says?" -was the first sentence Jinyoung spoke to Nayeon since the fight a few days ago. 

"The clue? Oh... Right! H-here..." Nayeon said, handing the piece of paper to Jinyoung. Jinyoung took it, though he noticed the slight trembling of her hand. Jinyoung held in his sigh.

How did we end up like this, Im Nayeon?

Jinyoung read the clue, and his brows met in confusion.

 

Hey you there, yeah you, come to me honey

Let’s spend a nice night here together

Oh honey, Oh baby, you’re so beautiful

Come to me, trust me, you won’t regret

 

"Wait, isn't this song lyrics? JYP's song or something?" Jinyoung asked without looking at Nayeon. 

"Uh? Yeah I think I've heard it somewhere too," Nayeon said. Jinyoung read the words again, trying to figure out if the lyrics actually meant something that suits the treasure hunt, but failed. Jinyoung then slowly turned to look at Nayeon.

"Do you want to do this? I'm not feeling it right now so... If you want you can figure it out alone, I'll tag along, but if you don't... Maybe we can just sit here until the time ends?" Jinyoung said, pointing to the log nearby. Nayeon was slightly flustered to be honest because she definitely wasn't mentally prepared for Jinyoung to speak that much of words to her, but somehow, she managed to give him a respond.

"Just... sitting here would be nice... I guess,"

 

Jinyoung lied down on the sand with both his arms as a pillow while Nayeon sat at the log, not far from him. Both of them just sat there in silent, with the chilly wind hit their body, while their mind was busy with thoughts. It was until Jinyoung decided to break the silence.

"Can I ask you one question?" Jinyoung started. Nayeon gulped, feeling nervous at Jinyoung's question even though it wasn't his real question yet.

"S-sure," Nayeon replied. Jinyoung slightly frowned, hating the fact that Nayeon sounded scared of him now, and that was no other than his own fault.

"Why? Why did you do it?" Jinyoung asked calmly. 

"Are you giving me a chance to explain?" Nayeon asked back. 

"Well, sort of. I don't know if it'll change my mind, but I'd like to hear," Jinyoung replied. Nayeon nodded, even though deep inside Jinyoung's words stung a lot. Wasn't that mean he's still mad and dissapointed with her like what he said before, and he might still feel the same even after she said her reasons.. Nayeon couldn't blame him though, Nayeon was more than thankful that he gave her chance to at least explain.

"I was just worried. I don't want to give negative effect to your life, to your study. I know how hard you tried, majoring in something that's far from your passion. And that's why I don't want to be a distraction. I panicked when I think that I might be one so that's why I made a stupid mistake,"

"I know it's my fault that I didn't think through it deeper. I didn't put your feelings in thought. I didn't think about how my foolish decision would affect you, but I have no intention to hurt you, or doubt you. I think you noticed that I kind of changed before the break up, I swear that it was hard for me as well," 

"And please, don't blame your sister. She was just concerned of you, and she cares about you a lot. It was my decision. Purely mine. I don't want you guys to fight because of something stupid I did," Nayeon said. Jinyoung remained silent, even after Nayeon finished explaining for quite some time. Meanwhile for Nayeon, she's relieved. She didn't care if there's a chance for their relationship to be better again or not, but she's relieved that she said what she wanted to say. She didn't hope much for Jinyoung to accept or forgive her. She understood how much pain she put Jinyoung through and accepted whatever Jinyoung thought the best for both of them.

Jinyoung let out a deep breath before he looked at the time on his watch. He then sat up then stood, brushing off the sand from his body. 

"Let's go, the time's ending soon. The others might've already waiting," Jinyoung said. Nayeon stood up and followed Jinyoung quietly from behind, wondering why he didn't give any respond to her explanation.

Is that a good or bad sign?

 

 

 

Later that night, they had a BBQ party. The mood was lively as they were all happily talking, cracking jokes and teasing each other. 

To put in a conclusion, the dinner was filled with Jackson's whine everytime Mark and Sana being a sweet couple in front of him, Jackson being jealous everytime he accidentally saw Tzuyu and Yugyeom interracting, Youngjae and Jeongyeon fighting for meat while Bambam being a gentleman and giving the meat to Mina first, Jaebum and Dahyun kicking each other's leg under the table and the quick glances Jinyoung and Nayeon gave each other when either one of them wasn't looking.

After the dinner, all of them sat in a circle, with a small fire at the centre. They were really excited because now it really feels like they were camping for real. They discussed about it during dinner, and the members agreed to play truth or dare during the campfire, so truth or dare it is.

"Let me start first!" Bambam excitedly raised his hand. 

"Wait, wait. Let's get the rules straight first. So I can pick anyone I want to ask?" Jackson said.

"Yup, and then the person asked will choose the next person," Jaebum answered.

"Uh, what if someone failed to do the dare?" This time, Nayeon asked a question.

"Hmm... let's make anyone that fail to do the dare, and anyone that didn't choose dare at least once, to clean this place when we're leaving tomorrow," Sana suggested. The others groaned at first because who would like to clean a place stayed by 13 people? But they agreed nonetheless, as long as they managed to avoid it.

"Alright, now can I start?" Bambam asked. The others nodded.

"Jackson hyung! Truth or dare?"

"Truth!" Jackson picked. Bambam was slightly dissapointed but a truth could do for now.

"Are you really, seriously, stopped being a  playboy?" All of them looked at Jackson, waiting for his answer.

"Of course! It's been... two months? I haven't been with anyone since," Jackson said. The others nodded, agreeing. Now that they thought of it, Jackson came home earlier and rarely go out to party during weekends too.

"I'm next. Hmm... Dahyun! Truth or dare?" Jackson asked. Dahyun made a face when Jackson chose her.

"Truth. I'll never choose dare from you, oppa," Dahyun said. Jackson laughed at her words.

"Fine. Hmm... I don't know what to ask? Oh, right. Since asking the name would be too much for you, describe your boyfriend to us," Jackson said. Ever since the rose incident, the members always teased Dahyun and she gradually became tired to deny it so she just went along. Afterall, it's not really a lie. It's true that she has a boyfriend. She just kept his identity a secret.

"That's not a question though?" Dahyun asked back.

"You want a question? I can ask you what's his name if you want," Jackson replied and Dahyun immediately panicked and shook her head. She glanced at Jaebum and saw that he was just staring at her, anticipating her answer. 

"Hmm well, first of all, he's really handsome," Dahyun started. Jaebum couldn't help but smiled at that. "He's cool, and seems cold at first but is literally the warmest person ever. He cares about everyone around him a lot. He's cute, but hates to admit he is. He's just... someone that makes me happy whenever I'm with him," Dahyun said. The others 'awww'-ed at Dahyun's words and Dahyun who just realized that she got a little carried away with her description just blushed. Jaebum couldn't stop himself from smiling, melting at Dahyun's words. Jackson had his hands clasped together like a proud mom, before his smile faded away immediately.

"Ah... I feel lonely," Jackson said, dramatically clutching his chest, making the rest of them laugh.

The game continued and heated up whem Bambam did a y dance as a dare from Mark- although almost making most of them puke, Mina was dared by Bambam to go to the other group that was camping not far from them and showed off her ballet skill, and Jackson was the first person who refused to jumped into the sea as a dare because he didn't want to catch a cold. After a few rounds, it was Yugyeom's turn to pick a person.

"Youngjae hyung! Truth or dare?" 

"Truth!" Youngjae chose confidentally. Yugyeom smiled and nodded, as if he was actually waiting for him to choose truth.

"Alright. You've been friend with Jeongyeon noona since you guys were in middle school. Is there any moment where you look at noona not just as a friend, but as a girl?" Yugyeom asked. The others except for Youngjae and Jeongyeon cheered at Yugyeom's question, as they were curious too. Nayeon a.k.a YoungjaexJeongyeon biggest shipper, who sat way across Yugyeom gave him a thumbs up. Everyone, including Jeongyeon looked at Youngjae, waiting for his answer. Youngjae glanced at Jeongyeon for a quick second before he looked away.

"Uh... Well, we've known each other for ten years, of course sometimes I've seen her as a girl," Youngjae answered honestly. Another round of teasing cheer could be heard from the others.

"Really? When?" Jeongyeon asked. 

"I can't tell you that, it's not in the question," Youngjae said, sticking his tounge out at Jeongyeon. Jeongyeon reached out to hit him but he managed to avoid and laughed at Jeongyeon afterwards.

"Okay! My turn.Tzuyu! Truth or dare?" Youngjae asked, since no one chose the youngest yet. 

"Hmmm... Dare?" Tzuyu picked. The others looked at her in awe, as they didn't expect her to choose dare.

"Dare? I didn't expect that!" Youngjae said. Jinyoung who sat beside him then leaned over to whisper a suggestion. Youngjae grinned and nodded.

"Alright, I dare you to backhug Yugyeom and give him a kiss on the cheek," Youngjae said. The others cheered and clapped, liking Youngjae's idea and teasing the maknae couple who was blushing hard. However, of course, they didn't notice the change at Jackson's expression. 

Tzuyu stood up and walked to Yugyeom who sat beside Bambam, and stopped behind him before she crouched down. She wrapped her arms around Yugyeom, causing the elders to whistle and cheer. Yugyeom pursed his lips together, trying to control his smile while he felt his face burned when Tzuyu shyly left a peck on his cheek. The cheered went louder.Jackson clapped along, pretending like he didn't look at the ground while the dare happened. He was happy that the maknaes were happy, but he couldn't help the jealousy sometimes. He believed he just need some time to completely move on.

Tzuyu went back to where she sat earlier and looked around. Tzuyu then decided to pick Jeongyeon who sat beside her.

"I choose truth!" Jeongyeon said.

"Unnie, do you ever look at Youngjae oppa as a man too?" Tzuyu asked. Jeongyeon was a bit flustered at the question as she didn't expect it. The others, including Youngjae had their eyes on Jeongyeon. Youngjae was especially curious, but honestly he didn't think Jeongyeon ever looked at him that way.

"Uh... Yeah, I've seen him as a man," Jeongyeon answered. The others cheered again, meanwhile Youngjae was genuinely surprised. Before he could ask Jeongyeon more about it, Jeongyeon quickly change the topic by choosing Jaebum next.

He was dumbfounded for a moment and for a while, he kept thinking about it. Youngjae looked at Jeongyeon who was currently laughing at Jaebum's aegyo.

Uh, excuse me, heart, why are you beating faster?

 


 

3.7k......

I'm so excited to write this chapter! Next chapter will be camping part 2. 

Spoiler: Your wish will come true in the next chapter ^^

To new subscriber, welcome to the story! And thank you for everyone who leave comment on every chapter!! For silent readers, don't worry, I love you guys too /throws heart/

Have a nice day everyone :)

-rainbowalien