Chapter 12

HOME [GOTWICE FANFICTION]

"We've heard a lot about you, Jeongyeon," Wonpil's father, Mr. Kim said. Jeongyeon looked surprised as she diverted her gaze at Wonpil who was rubbing the back of his neck shyly.

"My son here wouldn't shut up about you. You guys did you assignment together, right? You was the only topic he'd talk about during dinner," Mr. Kim added. Jeongyeon laughed lightly.

"Really? I hope it's nothing bad," Mr. Kim laughed.

"Of course not. It's his first time coming home, talking about a girl so excitedly. Which is why I really want to meet you in person," Mr. Kim said, smiling. 

"It's my honour to meet someone like you," Jeongyeon said. They are on their appetizer, and so far, Jeongyeon liked Mr. Kim's personality. Minus the formality of his clothes and the fact that he owned this luxurious restaurant, he's really easy-going like the normal 'one of your friend's father'. While for Mrs. Kim, she was a bit quiet and just smiled, but Jeongyeon didn't fail to notice how her eyes never left her. It was really uncomfortable but considering how Wonpil is the only child in the family (the fact that she just found out), maybe his mother was just being extra cautious and observant.

"I was quite surprised though when I saw you," Mrs. Kim spoke out for the first time. Jeongyeon turned to look at her, and good thing she wasn't standing because her knees felt weak just by that charismatic eyes of hers.

"You look more... Boyish than I thought," She continued. Oh... what? Jeongyeon was a bit flustered at Mrs. Kim's words.

"Oh, don't be offended. I just didn't expect it since he never really get interested with girl. I thought Wonpil like a more feminine kind of girl," Mrs. Kim said, with a smile. Jeongyeon wasn't sure if that was a compliment or an insult, but she smiled nevertheless.

"I just like having short hair, it's more comfortable for me," Jeongyeon said. Mrs. Kim nodded.

"Wonpil told us you like playing games too," Mrs. Kim added. Jeongyeon felt dried.

"Y-yes, I enjoy playing it," Jeongyeon said. Mrs. Kim looked at her straight in the eyes before she nodded. Jeongyeon wasn't sure if it was just her feeling or Mrs. Kim really didn't like her much. Well it's not like she and Wonpil are together but of course it would be nice if they saw her positively. 

"Playing games is cool nowadays for the youngsters. You have a cool hobby, Jeongyeon. Tell us more about your family," Mr. Kim said. 

"My father is a chef at my family's restaurant, but ours is a small one. I have two older sisters too," Jeongyeon said.

"Do you have any plan to take over your family's bussiness? Since you're studying bussiness," Mrs. Kim asked. 

"Oh, no, not really, unless it's really necessary. I think I'll pass the restaurant to my sister. I'm planning to start my own bussiness instead," Jeongyeon replied. 

"Hmm, I see," Mrs. Kim said. Jeongyeon just had this feeling that Mrs. Kim was highkey judging her inside while mentally taking scores of how much she'd like Jeongyeon for her son. 

Honestly, it was so stressful as she had to watch out about what she said and how she behave and Wonpil just sitting there while smiling shyly wasn't helping at all.
Ugh, I want to go home...

 

 

 

Jackson walked downstairs while humming a song happily, before his eyes stuck at the couch. He saw Yugyeom and Tzuyu sat together on the 3-seats couch, but there's a gap between them. 

"Why do they have to sit together? They are not talking and just playing with their phone," Jackson mumbled. He the made his steps to the couch and stopped in front of them.

"Can I sit here?" Jackson asked, pointing to the gap between Yugyeom and Tzuyu. Yugyeom's frowned in confusion. He turned to look at the wide space on his right, which Jackson could comfortably sit, but the hyung choose to sit between of him and Tzuyu instead?

"Why, hyung?" Yugyeom asked.

"I want to watch TV, obviously," Jackson said.

"Yeah, but, why? You can sit here," Yugyeom patted at the empty space beside him. 

"But I want to sit here. It's the center. It's right in front of the TV. I will feel like the characters talk to me more when they look at the camera because it's the center," Jackson said as he looked at Yugyeom with poker face. Yugyeom was about to argue when both of them heard a beautiful laugh.

"You're so funny, oppa," Tzuyu said. She laughed a little more and little did she know that there were two hearts melting because of her.

"Can I sit here? Oh my God do I really have to go through an interview to watch a television?" Jackson asked Yugyeom. Yugyeom finally gave in and scooted over to the left to give Jackson some space. Jacksom grinned in satisfaction before he sat down next to Tzuyu.

"What are you watching on your phone?" Jackson asked softly, 180 degrees contrary to the tone he had use with Yugyeom. Yugyeom scoffed as he looked at Jackson in disbelief.

"Oh, it's just an art video," Tzuyu answered.

"Really? Can I watch too? I love watching art videos but I don't have the talent to do one," 

"Hyung, didn't you said you want to watch TV?" Yugyeom butted-in. Jackson turned to look at him.

"It ended already while you're busy interrogating me for a seat," Jackson said, even though honestly he didn't even know what show was playing on screen. Jackson turned again to Tzuyu. Tzuyu kindly held out her phone so Jackson could look at the screen better. Jackson looked at the screen, before his eyes shifted to the real art sitting beside him. Tzuyu didn't notice it as she was focused watching the video.

Yugyeom who was watching at the side felt left out and leaned closer to Jackson. He peeked at the screen and looked at Jackson. He shook his head when he saw Jackson's eyes were on Tzuyu instead. He thought Jackson was serious when he said he quitted being a playboy and wanted to get in a serious relationship. Well, old habit dies hard afterall.

"Since when are you so interested in art, hyung?" Yugyeom asked. Jackson who was surprised as at how close Yugyeom's voice sounded turned around, and saw that Yugyeom did got closer to him. Jackson groaned in frustation as he pushed Yugyeom with his arms, causing the younger guy to whined.

"You don't know how to appreciate art, so stay away from us. This is the line, do not cross it," Jackson said, drawing an imaginary line between him and Yugyeom. Yugyeom was about to fight back when once again, they heard Tzuyu laughed. Both of them turned to look at her, and were left in awe as they saw how her eyes curved up, her cute dimple apprearing on her cheek, along with her cute laugh.

What a powerful girl- making two guys weak at the same time.

 

 

 

Jeongyeon and the Kims were in the middle of having the main course when Mr. Kim's phone rang. He excused himself, leaving Jeongyeon with Wonpil and Mrs. Kim in the room. Not long after, Wonpil excused himself to go to the restroom and Jeongyeon had never wanted to grab him and beg him to stay so much. Anything, but being alone with the scary Mrs. Kim.

But of course, she didn't stop Wonpil and now she's really left alone with Mrs. Kim in the room. She could already felt the heavy awkwardness choking herself.
"Since it's just the two of us, let me just get this straight to the point," Jeongyeon almost jumped on her seat when Mrs. Kim's spoke up.

"Wonpil is my only son and I want the best for him," 

Wait, what?

"He'll be the heir of this restaurant, and his father's other bussiness as well. It's surprising that he likes someone like you, and if I didn't make it obvious yet, I don't approve you," Jungyeon bit her lower lip as Mrs. Kim continued talking. She put down her fork and knife before she hid her shaking hands below the table. It's not shaking because she's scared or intimaded by Mrs. Kim's words. It's because she was so close to just flip the table right in front if her right now.

"So, it'll be the best if you stay away from him. He'll be able to move on quickly and look for other girl. I plan to arrange his marriage anyway, so if you don't want to get hurt, it's the best if you reject him first," Mrs. Kim said, before she finally looked up to meet Jeongyeon straight in the eyes. Jeongyeon pursed her lips together before she gave the older woman a smile. Before she could reply, Wonpil came back from the restroom.

"Excuse me, I need to use the restroom," Jeongyeon said before she stood up, bringing along her clutch with her. As soon as she was inside the restroom, she took out her phone and go the recent call. Plan B, it is.

Jeongyeon put the phone to her ear and the called were answered as soon as she got connected.

"Hey, what's up? The dinner ended already? Why are you calling?" Youngjae asked. Jeongyeon smiled bitterly even though Youngjae couldn't see it.

"No, I'm in the toilet," Jeongyeon said. Youngjae were silent for a moment before he spoke up again.

"Jeongyeon? Everything's okay there?" He asked. Jeongyeon sometimes hated how Youngjae knew her too much to know that there is something's wrong with her. Even through the phone, Jeongyeon could hear the thick concern in her best friend's voice.

"Can you... pick me up or something? Call me and pretend like something urgent came up or whatever, just... I want to leave this place," Jeongyeon said. She bit her lower lips as she felt her eyes watered. Mrs. Kim's words made she feels like someone just crushed her ego and Jeongyeon was honestly fuming inside but she kept it in to avoid dramas, and she still has respect to Mr. Kim and Wonpil since both of them treeated her nicely.

"Alright. I'm 5 minutes away from you so--"

"5 minutes?? What are you doing?" Jeongyeon asked. 

"Well, let's just say it's a best friend's instinct? I don't know why but I'm so worried so I just stayed nearby just in case," Youngjae said. Jeongyeon laughed lightly.

"You're crazy. Oh, but can you give me like 10 minutes? I don't want to miss the dessert," Jeongyeon said and she heard Youngjae's laugh on the other line.

"Sure, monster," Both of them bid goodbyes before Jeongyeon ended the call.

Thank God for the existence of Choi Youngjae.

 

 

 

Jaebum was in his room, listening to music while working on some notes when his phone vibrated. He put down his pen and took his phone.


Kim Dubu

HIIIIIIIIII

Hi. Miss me? 

HAHAHA
Actually, yes. Can we meet for a while :(

Sure. Backyard?

Cool ♡

 

Jaebum smiled at the reply before he stood up and walked out of the room. When he walked downstairs, he saw Dahyun who was at the living room, watching the TV. Their eyes met but Dahyun quickly looked away. Jaebum made his way to the kitchen before going out to the backyard. 

After about 5 minutes of waiting, Dahyun finally appeared at the door. She closed the door carefully before turning to looked at Jaebum, who greeted her with a smile. 

"Come here," Jaebum said, opening his arms wide. Dahyun walked closer and wrapped her arms around Jaebum's torso. She let out a sigh as she felt Jaebum's hugging her back. He leaned down and rested his chin on her shoulder.

"You're okay?" Jaebum asked.

"Not really. I had a bad day today," Dahyun said. 

"Want to talk? I mean, I don't mind if we hug all night long too, but I'm here to listen if you want to talk about your day," Jaebum said. Dahyun let out a small laugh as she pulled away. She then pulled Jaebum by his wrist and both of them sat on a bench at the backyard. At first Dahyun was confused at the random bench at the backyard that they rarely use but after dating Jaebum, she secretly thanked anyone who had the idea to put the bench there.

"So, who makes my girl sad?" Jaebum asked as he pulled Dahyun closer to his side. His hand stayed around her shoulder while she rested her head on his shoulder. Dahyun tried to not be distracted at how Jaebum called her his girl.

"There's a sudden quiz today, and I didn't study anything for it. So I pretty sure my mark is ruined," 

"And then there's this girl in the group assignment who keeps making excuse to do the work together. It's so frustating, the deadline is next week and it's not even half complete. Now I'm working on it with the other members of the group, but that girl always ignore and give excuses when we want to discuss the assignment," Dahyun ranted and Jaebum just listened in silent as his fingers drew circles on Dahyun's arm.

"Did you talk to your lecturer about it?" Jaebum asked. 

"No, I don't want to kick her from the group or something because I still pity her, but yeah, it's stressing me and the others," 

"It doesn't have to be kicking her out. Maybe you could ask your lecturer to talk to her. You guys gave effort but it didn't work right? So maybe with the help of your lecturer, she'll change and coorperate,"

"People like that are everywhere in the university life. But it's not good for you to stress yourself. There's always other ways to solve it, okay?" Jaebum said, and Dahyun nodded to his words.

"As for your quiz, I know you did just fine. If not, then it's okay. You'll still have time to cover the mark that you lost. It already happens so don't waste your time thinking about it," Jaebum added. Dahyun smiled as she nodded again.

"Thank you. I feel better now that I've let it out," Dahyun said, snuggling her face to Jaebum's hoodie.

"Really? Not because of my hug?" Jaebum teased. Dahyun chuckled at his question.

"That, too," A smile appeared on Jaebum's face. 

"Aren't you cold? It's a bit chilly tonight," Jaebum asked in concern.

"Cold, but you're warm," Dahyun simply replied. Jaebum moved a bit so Dahyun leaned away from him, before she saw that Jaebum was taking off his hoodie. 

"Hands," Jaebum asked and Dahyun held out her hands, and Jaebum helped her wear the hoodie like he was helping a baby. He then zipped the hoodie together until it touched Dahyun's chin. Jaebum pulled the hood up, so it looks like Dahyun was swallowed by the cloth. Jaebum laughed at how big the sweater is compared to Dahyun. It was already oversized for Jaebum, what more for Dahyun. Dahyun laughed too as she playfully slapped Jaebum with the part of the sleeve that went past her fingers.

"I should start giving you my clothes because it looks better with you in it," Jaebum said and a blush crept onto Dahyun's cheeks.

"You should. It smells like you," Dahyun said and Jaebum just couldn't contain his smile at how satisfying that was to hear. His girl loving herself wrapped in his smell. The butterflies were dancing in his stomach right now.

"Wear it a lot and don't be sad anymore. Take it as a replacement of my hug," Jaebum said while he played with the strands Dahyun's hair and tucked them inside the hood. 

"But the real hug is better," Dahyun said teasingly. Jaebum laughed.

"Of course," Jaebum said before pulling Dahyun into another hug.

 

 

 

 Youngjae patiently waited outside the hotel after he had done calling Jeongyeon. The rest of the acting was up to her. Not long after, Jeongyeon came out of the hotel but not alone, but with a guy. That's Wonpil, probably. He saw that Jeongyeon spotted Mark's car, and Jeongyeon talked a little bit with the guy before the guy finally waved his goodbye at Jeongyeon. Youngjae almost laughed at how Jeongyeon couldn't care less to wave back. Poor guy. 

Jeongyeon let out a deep breath as soon as she got in the car. Youngjae wanted to laugh, but when he saw that Wonpil was still staring at the car, he decided to leave the hotel first.

Youngjae glanced at Jeongyeon, who sat in silent with her face blankly stared to the front. Youngjae just let her had her moment and continued driving in silent too. He then stopped the car at a park, where he spent his time being on standby just now. Jeongyeon turned to look at him, as if asking "What are we gonna do here?"

"Let's take some fresh air for a while," Youngjae said. He unbuckled his seatbelt and turned around to take something at the back seat. Jeongyeon's eyes widened when she saw what's in Youngjae's hand.

"I bring this, just in case you'll need it," Youngjae said as he handed a hoodie, it was his but he just took it along since he was too lazy to ask Nayeon for Jeongyeon's, and a pair of sneakers.

"You bring this??? For me???" Jeongyeon asked. She suddenly felt touched at how much Youngjae thought of her. Not only being worried and waited nearby the hotel, he even thought of bringing these for her comfort. There were times when Jeongyeon wanted to cry and thank God for giving Choi Youngjae in her life and this was one of the moments.

"No, I brought this for Wonpil," Youngjae said. Jeongyeon rolled her eyes but she took the hoodie and sneakers from Youngjae. Jeongyeon wore the hoodie on top of the dress and soon finished putting on the sneakers, leaving the heels in the car, then both her and Youngjae walked out to the park. There were only two of them at the park and they chose to sit at the swing. 

"Was it that bad?" Youngjae asked, unable to keep his curiousity anymore. 

"It wasn't all bad, his father's nice. I wish I can talk more with him, but his mother... Ugh... I almost throw the plates to the wall," Jeongyeon said. Youngjae's jaw dropped.

"Really? What the happened?" And Jeongyeon ranted about what Mrs. Kim said to her, about how her feeling her pride crushed, and how she felt that she didn't belong there. Youngjae was honestly fuming with anger inside. Good thing he didn't know this earlier, or he might burn down the hotel building just now.

"Excuse me but does she even know that her son is the one who's crazy over you?" 

"My thought exactly! Her son was the one who chased me around and she acts like I'm the one who's desperate for him? Excuse me, who does she think she is?" Jeongyeon added. Youngjae let out a scoff in annoyance. 

"Are you okay, though? I mean honestly you did hope that both of you to work out right?" Youngjae asked.

"Well, slightly, yes. He's a nice guy, though he rushed things a little bit, but overall he's nice. But I don't think I belong there. My pride just won't let me be with that family," Jeongyeon said.

"Wait, what do you mean 'he rushed things'? How far did the 'things' go?" Youngjae questioned.

"Nahh, he just held my hand for a while," Jeongyeon said. Youngjae's jaw dropped in shocked.

"Why? You guys are not even dating??? Wow, that guy better pray he never see me. I'll snap his neck in half," Youngjae said and he mumbled the last sentence. Jeongyeon laughed.

"What's so surprising, though? He brings his parents on our first dinner. I'm surprise he didn't kiss me before he lets me go just now," Jeongyeon said. Youngjae looked at Jeongyeon with wide eyes. If the guy really kiss her right in front of his eyes, he might just hit him with the car.

"It's a waste though, this dress is too pretty for a ty night like this," Jeongyeon said.

"Nahh, it's not. You can still wear it to wedding, or your next first date? You can even wear it at home. No one's stopping you," Youngjae said. Jeongyeon laughed lightly.

"To think of it, it's a waste if I just let him go like that. He's rich afterall. Should I use him?" Jeongyeon joked. Youngjae laughed.

"Sure. Ask him to buy a bigger computer. We can use it together," 

"Eh, why should I ask him something that we can use together? I want more clothes, at least to make up the money I spent for this dress," Jeongyeon said.

"Wow, I waited for two hours, helped you to escape hell, bring clothes for you, and you tell me I didn't deserve anything?? Really????" Youngjae asked dramatically. Jeongyeon let out a laugh.

"A ddeokbokki should be enough for that," Jeongyeon teased. Youngjae stood up from the swing.

"I'll go home. Go back to your Wonpil," Youngjae said, pouting as he stomped his feet while walking away. He heard Jeongyeon's laugh and the fastened steps before suddenly someone jumped on his back. Youngjae screamed as Jeongyeon continued to cling on his back like a koala.

"Come on, you love me too much to leave me here," Jeongyeon said.

"No, I don't. Wonpil loves you. Go back to him," Youngjae said as he wriggle himself out of Jeongyeon's grip but the girl was really strong. Jeongyeon laughed at his failed attempt, and unknowingly, a smile appeared on his face too.

 


 

 I miss JinYeon. I'll write about them in the next chapter hehe.

Thank you for the nice words you guys left for me. Thank you too to everyone who reads this story! /throws loves ♡♡♡♡♡♡♡/

Have a nice day, everyone! 

-rainbowalien