Chapter 13

HOME [GOTWICE FANFICTION]

Mark looked at his reflection in the mirror for the last time. He was wearing a black sweatshirt, a light blue ripped jeans and a white cap. He took off his cap and adjusted his hair for one last time before putting it on back, feeling satisfied with his look.

Mark whistled a random melody while walking downstairs. He sat down on his favourite bean bag, before Bambam who was laying on the couch spoke to him.

"You're going out, hyung?" 

"Yup. Someone's treating me movie~" Mark sang excitedly. Bambam just nodded simply. Mark is like that, he either acts like the oldest or a real baby, nothing in between.

"Oh, by the way Bam, I have to apologize about something," Mark said. Bambam looked at him , confused.

"Really? To me?" Bambam asked. He didn't remember Mark making him mad or anything.

"Yeah, remember I thought you were lying about..." Mark leaned up and looked around, before he slumped back on the bean bag.

"About Sana," Mark added. Bambam frowned.

"Sana noona? Oh! Oh, yes, and?"

"I asked Mina about it. And she said it's true. I'm sorry for not believing you," 

"Oh.... Wait. WHAT? You asked her?" Bambam asked with wide eyes. He hoped his ears were lying to him, but unfortunately, Mark nodded.

"I told you I was gonna ask her. Turns out it's true afterall," Mark said innocently, without knowing the harm he made. Bambam sighed deeply as he couldn't even blame Mark too. The older guy didn't know anything. If there's anyone to be blame, it's he himself.

"Mark oppa," Both of the guys looked up, and saw Sana dressed up casually in a pink short sleeve t-shirt and a pair of blue jeans. Bambam looked back at Mark with a raised eyebrow. Mark gave the younger boy a meaningful smile before standing up. He lightly tapped Bambam's shoulder.

"We'll get going first, then," Mark said. 

"Well, enjoy the movie, hyung, noona," Bambam said. Sana thanked him and soon the pair made their way to the door and Bambam just followed them with their eyes.

He wondered if Mina knew that both of them are hanging out together.

Ah,right... Mina...

No wonder Mina was so mad at him. Bambam would too, if he was at Mina's place. He let out a heavy sigh. 

Now let's think of a way to clean up the mess you made, Bam.

 

 

 

"Thank you, enjoy the movie!" Said the worker after he stamped Mark and Sana's ticket. Both of them walked side by side to the hall.

"Are you sure you're okay? We can change the movie. It's okay, I'll pay for it," Mark said. 

"Yes, oppa. I'm okay. Well, I'm a bit scared, but I love horror movie. I'll be okay as long as you don't leave me alone there," Sana said. Mark let out a light laugh.

"Alright, don't sue me if you regret it later," Mark joked and Sana slapped his arm lightly.

Both of them enter the movie hall and Mark lead her to their seat. Sana took a glimpse look at Mark, before she looked away quickly.

Thank God for the dim light in the hall, or Sana might be caught blushing.

Honestly, Sana herself didn't know how she even managed to keep calm while being together with Mark. Though she mentally freaked out every time Mark smiled, laughed, or just looked at her in the eye... It was a miracle that Sana didn't collapsed in the middle of their hang out yet. She secretly thanked the English subject that she hated to bring her and Mark closer like this. 

Their relationship with each other definitely got closer, but Sana wasn't hoping for more. She didn't want to use Mark either for her study or to satisfy her heart. She was already thankful enough for these past few weeks which she interacted with Mark more than she ever did.

"Oh, the movie's starting," Mark said, snapping Sana out from her thought. The screen was dark for a moment, and suddenly the sound effect started playing. Sana flinched in surprise, and of course Mark didn't miss out his chance to lightly laugh at her act.

"It's only the intro," Mark teased. Both of them then paid attention to the movie again.

The movie went along smoothly, though it wasn't so smooth for Sana. She had her palm covering over her eyes, only watching from the little gap of her fingers. She'd gasp in surprise from time to time, and honestly, Mark was really distracted by Sana's adorableness. Mark was so close to just pull her into his arm, but he had manage to control himself.

Suddenly, the ghost made its appearance on the screen and Sana accidentally let out a scream as she hid her face to her left, which was also Mark's arm. Sana unconciously gripped the sleeve of Mark's sweatshirt, as she took a peek at the screen again. Sana didn't seem to realize what she was doing, and Mark couldn't help but smile.

Sana then calmed down, and realized what she was holding onto. She quickly let go of Mark and leaned away in embarassment. She cleared before she glanced at Mark, who only had blank face while his eyes were at the screen. Sana let out a sigh of relieve.

Sana's hand then reached over to take some popcorn. Both she and Mark decided to just share the popcorn so it was put between his and her seat. Sana's fingers wandered inside the popcorn box, before the ghost appeared on the screen again. Out of reflex, Sana's fingers grazed Mark's who was in the box, trying to take the popcorn too, and Sana immediately grabbed his hands to hold. 

Mark freezed when he felt the tiny fingers gripping onto his as if it was her life, and looked at Sana who had her eyes shut. Other than feeling his heart pounding loudly, Mark also felt bad for choosing a horror movie to watch. Sana looked really scared and was having hard time watching it. The girl probably just agreed because he wanted to. Mark adjusted their hand so he could properly held hers and rubbed his thumb to her hand, hoping that it would help to sooth away her fear.

Fun fact: they stayed holding hands through the whole movie.

Did Sana ever get the popcorn she wanted? No one knows.

 

 

 

Nayeon had been pacing back and forth in front of the room for about 5 minutes. She had no courage to knock, though. Right when she was about to knock, she put down her fist back. She didn't know what was so hard. It's not like the first day since their break up. Shouldn't she be over with the awkward phase already?

Nayeon took a deep breath and gather her courage. She raised up her hand to knock again, and right at the same moment, the door was opened, revealing a shocked Jinyoung. Nayeon freezed at her position. Jinyoung bit his inner cheek to refrain himself from smiling. He knocked Nayeon's hand in the air his hand, and Nayeon who looked like just she was released from magic spell immediately pulled her hand down to her side.

"Why? That's not what you're here for?" Jinyoung asked, teasing, but with his infamous poker face. 

"U-uh? No, no. I'm... Do you have a plaster? I checked in the first aid kit but there's none so I asked the others and they said Jackson might have it but Jackson's out for swimming practice and they said to ask you," Nayeon said under a breath. Jinyoung couldn't hold it in anymore so he let out a chuckle.

"I do have it, but I'm not sure where I put it. Might have to look for it first. Come in," Jinyoung said. 

"I can just wait here," Nayeon said. Jinyoung looked at Nayeon straight in the eyes.

"And you said you're not avoiding me?"

"I'm not," Nayeon replied.

"So come in, then. I need some time looking for it, making you wait outside will only pressuring me," Jinyoung said. Nayeon just nodded and followed him inside the room. 

Nayeon looked around the room, nothing much had change. Since Jinyoung used the room alone, Nayeon had her fair share of spending her time in Jinyoung's room during their dating days. She'd come to just chill, or annoy Jinyoung while he studies, or just come for a cuddle. 

Nayeon sat down on his bed after getting his approval. She noticed that he changed the bedsheet. The old one was a checkered black and white patterned that he changed to a plain navy blue sheet. One thing that didn't change and caught Nayeon's attention the most was the strong 'Jinyoung smell' lingering in the room.

There were the days when Nayeon missed him, it would be a lie if she said she didn't. Especially since they lived under the same roof. Every place of the house reminded her of their memory. But they broke up for the best. At least, that's what she thought.

"Why do you need a plaster, though?" Jinyoung asked, bringing Nayeon back to reality.

"Paper cut," Nayeon said. Jinyoung hummed simply in respond.

"It's been a while since you've been here," Jinyoung said while he was searching for the plaster inside the drawer of his wardrobe.

"Uh? Yeah, well... It still looks the same," Nayeon replied. 

"Really? I feel like many things changed," Jinyoung said. Nayeon bit her lower lip. She knew so well what Jinyoung was implying in his words, but she pretended to not understand it.

"You changed your bedsheet," Nayeon said, causing Jinyoung to smile bitterly. Jinyoung then took the box of plaster, that he had aready found 5 minutes ago, before closing the door of the wardrobe. He then sat down next to Nayeon on his bed. Nayeon tensed, but remain unmoving.

Jinyoung quietly took Nayeon's right hand, where he noticed the cut was and put it on his lap. Out of habit, Jinyoung blew air at the cut first before he put the plaster around the cut. Nayeon got chills all over her body at how soft Jinyoung's touch was and how careful he was handling her, like she was made of an expensive glass.

Jinyoung was always like that, though. He treated anything, anyone he loves preciously. Jinyoung rubbed his finger lightly over the cut that was now bandaged.

"If you're going to break up with me, at least make sure to take care of yourself better," Jinyoung said. Nayeon's eyes looked at him, but Jinyoung's head remained low, as he looked at her fingers instead.

Jinyoung gave Nayeon's hand one last squeeze before he let her go. He pulled out a couple of plaster from the box and handed it to Nayeon. Nayeon hesitatedly accepted them as she looked at Jinyoung questioningly. She didn't think she need anymore of it though. Even if she do, she'll make sure to ask Jackson for it.

"Just in case you decided to be hurt again," Jinyoung said, with a smile.

 

 

 

 

Bambam was about to enter his room when he saw Mina walking out from the study room. Bambam ran lightly to her, and she looked up. 

"Mina," Bambam called. Mina looked away when he stood in front of her.

"Mina, we need to talk," Bambam said. 

"I don't want to talk," Mina replied coldly.

"Mina, please. I can explain it. Can we talk inside?" Bambam asked, motioning at the study room. Mina sighed before she lightly nodded and walked back from where she just came from. Bambam followed and closed the door.

"First of all, I'm really sorry," Bambam started.

"I know you have the right to be mad at me. But I have my reason. I know it's wrong of me. I don't expect for you to understand or share anything with me anymore," Bambam said. Mina looked at him. Bambam really looked guilty and sincere with his words, but that was not what Mina wanted to hear.

"You know I trusted you right?" Mina asked.

"I know, and I broke it. I'm sorry,"

"I feel very betrayed, Bam. I'm not angry, because somehow you've helped Sana too. She was so happy to go out with Mark oppa today. So I wasn't angry, but I'm dissapointed with you. I trusted you," Mina said. Bambam rubbed his face with his palm as he felt the regret rushing in.

"I thought of you as my close friend, Bam. I thought we have deeper friendship than just gossip buddy? But seeing how you easily betray me like that, you didn't even think of asking me first, I guess I'm not that important?" Mina added. Bambam looked up immediately at her words.

"What? Of course it's not like that. I consider you as close f-friend too. I admit it was my mistake. I'm really sorry," Bambam said. 

"You could've told me that you accidentally told Mark oppa about it. Why did I have to hear it from Mark oppa himself? You know it was something that I only shared with you. You don't care about it that much right?" Mina said. Bambam sighed in defeat. He screwed up really bad this time. 

"It's not like that, Mina..." Bambam said, at lost of words.

"Then, why?" Mina asked, but this time her voice softened. Mina felt bad too for accusing Bambam like that. She knew the boy wasn't someone like what she said. She was just testing him and by the look he had, he was really sorry over what has happened.

"I... can't tell you why," Bambam said. Mina's eyebrows met in confusion.

"What do you mean??"

"I have my reason, but I can't tell you why... But, I'm really sorry. I know it's my fault and--"

"So tell me the reason, Bambam. I really don't want our friendship to be ruined like this because I know you're way better than this. You have a lot more in you than this. I just want to know the reason, and you can't tell me??" Mina asked in disbelief.

"I'll do anything for you to forgive me, but I can't tell you why," Bambam said lowly, earning a sigh from Mina. Mina didn't say anything, instead she just walked out of the room, leaving Bambam alone.

It's because I like you, idiot. Why can't you see that?

 

 

 

 

"I take back my words. I hate horror movie with passion!" Sana said as soon as they exited the movie hall. Mark chuckled at her words.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't pick that movie," Mark said. Sana felt her heart melting at what Mark just said. Why would he apologize for something that wasn't his fault? Can he get any more charming?

"No oppa, it's okay. Usually I can handle horror movie well," Sana said.

"Really? You literally almost jumped on your seat even at the sound of bird's chirping," Mark teased. Sana pouted.

"That's because it was silent before that," Sana said in defense. Mark laughed and before he could stop himself, he was reaching up to lightly pinched Sana's cheek. Mark didn't fail to notice how the girl looked flustered at the skinship.

Both of them then decided to get some coffee and stopped at a cafe. Both of them sat at a table while waiting for their order to arrive.

"Oh, so how did the assignment goes? What did your lecturer said about it?" Mark asked, starting the conversation.

"He was satisfied with it! He said that I improved a lot. Thanks to you oppa," Sana said with a  smile afterwards. Mark felt this strange pride when Sana thanked him. He smiled back at the girl.

"It's not because of me. You really worked hard for it. I feel inspired seeing you like that," Mark said. Sana could feel her cheeks warmed at Mark's compliment.

"Sana, actually..." Mark's words were cut off when the waiter arrived with their drinks. The waiter put Sana's Iced Latte first before he put Mark's Iced Americano on the table. Sana thanked him and Mark swore he saw the waiter smiled so wide while he walked away. Sana took a sip of her drink and her eyes widened slightly.

"Oh, the coffee here is pretty good," Sana said. Mark took a sip of his too and nodded in agreement. He was about to continue what wanted to say earlier, but Sana beat him this time.

"Excuse me, oppa, but can I go to the restroom for a while?" Sana said.

"Oh, yes, sure," Mark replied. Sana then excused herself, while Mark tapped his fingers on the table. His legs were tapping the floor endlessly too, as he looked around. Mark then let out a deep sigh.

"Should I really say it today?" Mark mumbled under his breath.

"Isn't it too fast?"

"But what if I missed the timing? What if the right time will not come after this?"

"Aish..." Mark groaned in annoyance. His legs started to shake harder as he become more lost in his thought. Not long after, Sana came back.

"I'm sorry to keep you waiting, oppa," 

"No, no. It's okay. By the way, Sana--" And again, Mark's were disturbed by the ringing of Sana's phone. She panicly looked for it in her handbag, before finally found it. She looked at Mark apologetically before picking up the call.

"Hello, Mina?" Mark pursed his lips together impatiently as he waited.

"I don't remember where I put it... Hmm, on the desk? Inside my pencil case maybe?" 

Mark tapped the table faster.

"Not there? How about in the desk's drawer?"

Mark's eyes stayed on Sana's face. Waiting....

I can't wait anymore.

"Oh, oh! I know! It's--" Mark reached over and held Sana's hand that was holding the phone. He pulled her hand down and that managed to get the girl looking at him with wide eyes.

"I like you, Sana," Mark finally said it. Sana's jaw dropped. Mark gulped. He said it.

"What? Wait, oppa, I--" Sana was too flustered, shocked to think straight. She looked down to her phone, to talk with Mina first, but then she saw that the call was ended. Sana looked up and her eyes met Mark's. Mark cleared his throat as he gathered up his courage.

"I like you. I only found out recently, but I like you. I want to know more about you," Mark said. Mark his dry lips before he said,

"I want you to be my girlfriend,"

 


 

OOOOOHHHHHHHHHHH.

I just dropped two bombs......

Btw, bambam liking Mina wasn't the only reason, I'll reveal more later :)

To new subscribers, welcome to this story!! And thank you guys for your lovely comments, I love reading them so much. You guys' reactions are so cute ♡

Have a nice day everyone :)

-rainbowalien