Grace

She's Not Ugly
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Just like her 

I wanna be pretty

 

 

“Dara, you should wake him up. What’s the point coming here if he’s not going to study?” TOP grumbled annoyedly as he threw daggers to Jiyong who were sleeping with his head buried under the book next to Dara. They were in the library, studying for the upcoming exam together, except Taeyang and Seungri who curiously flipped over a book about reptiles and of course, the sleeping Jiyong.

Dara stopped writing on her notes to turn to Jiyong. When she turned to look at the clock on the wall, she saw the librarian who was sitting behind the counter glaring at Jiyong because he was snoring too loud but apparently didn’t have the courage to wake up the boy and kick him out. Dara bit her lip, wondering what she should do. She didn’t particularly want to make the dragon grumpy by waking him up, but he was making people in the library uncomfortable. Gently, she touched his arm, shaking him as slow as she could.

“Jiyong-ah, wake up. You should study.” She whispered. Jiyong didn’t move at all, which actually made Dara quite furious, so she shook his body a bit stronger.

Jiyong suddenly slammed both of his hands onto the desk, startling the whole library. Dara stared at him as he blinked his eyes a few times, trying to shoo away the sleepiness. His eyes were red, which meant that he actually had a good sleep.

“Oi.” TOP scowled furiously. “Mind you this is a library. Do not try to start making trouble. That librarian behind you is already giving you stink eye since the start you step into here.”

Jiyong didn’t turn around to see the person TOP was talking about. He didn’t care. He rubbed his eyes before he leaned back to the chair, yawning.

“At what time did you sleep last night, Jiyong?”

Jiyong opened his eyes to stare at her. When he saw her face, he just realized why he was here in the first place. There was no way he would come to the library to study. He never studied. Last year, he was the last in his class because he passed the exam sheets without answering them. He did not even write his name. The teacher was too tired to care because that wasn’t the first time he did that.

“I didn’t sleep.”

“Did you study all night?”

Dara’s question’s reached Seungri and Taeyang. They burst into laughter before quickly planting their faces into their palms because everyone turned to look at them. Jiyong didn’t think it was funny, because Dara’s curious face made him feel something he never thought could exist in him. Not answering her question, Jiyong pushed Dara’s face so she was looking at her book again.

“Don’t mind me. Mind your business.”

“But you need to study. Why are you here if you are not going to study?” Dara turned to him again, frowning.

“Because it’s quiet and cold. Perfect place to sleep.” Well, Jiyong lied. He rather taking a nap in their music room, but Dara was here, so he followed. Looked like he was the one that turned into a puppy now. And it was all because of Sandara Park.

Dara turned her head in his direction again, trying not to show how annoyed she was at his answer. She started to pull out a piece of paper from her file and a pencil. She put them in front of Jiyong, which earned her a glare from the dragon. But Dara didn’t care. She was furious.

“You should study. Daesung said you failed your literature in the last exam.”

“No.”

“Jiyong- “

“I said no. I hate studying.”

Dara huffed. “Jiyong, there’s a thousand of people out there could not get the education because of their situation. Don’t you think you should appreciate it by studying properly?” She pulled out her notebook from inside her bag. “I know that you’ve been born with a silver spoon in your mouth but what if something happens to you in the future? Education is the one that will help you!”

Jiyong scowled, but his shoulders slumped down, and he slowly put his chin onto the table, which made him look like a beaten puppy. Slowly, he took the pencil and started to write his name on the paper that Dara gave earlier.

“When is the last time you hold a pencil? Your handwriting is so ugly.” TOP smirked, feeling satisfied to watch Jiyong get scolded by Dara. It was really amusing. He should have recorded it so he could watch it during his free time.

Taeyang and Seungri were snickering wickedly. If not because Dara was next to him watching him writing, the table must be flipped onto the head of the two right now. He bit his lip when he noticed that Dara’s pencil was bright pink in between his fingers. What was wrong with this girl giving him pink things?

She gave him the notes that were clipped neatly and asked him to write them down on his paper.

“You should just give me the notes, I’ll read them.”

“No,” Dara retorted, glaring at him. “Write them down so you can remember it better. I’m sure you will not read the notes if I give them to you.”

Jiyong threw the eraser to Taeyang’s head, who was laughing crazily.

 

 

 

 

She was baffled by why Jiyong suddenly asked her to come with him to his house. What surprised her the most was when he said that his father wanted to meet her. Dara thought that Jiyong and his father had settled their problems which relieved her, but why would Mr. Kwon want to meet her? Had she done anything wrong to this family? The thought made her nervous.

“Hey, Dara!” Dami greeted her happily as soon as she stepped into the house. Dara was pulled into a hug and kisses on both of her cheeks. She was surprised at how friendly Dami was to her although Dami has always been kind and friendly, just this time it was a bit too much for her.

“Dad is waiting in the kitchen. Let’s talk while we eat, shall we?”

Dara glanced at Jiyong nervously, but her boyfriend was acting nonchalantly. Without waiting for her answer, Dami pulled her hand and they walked together into the kitchen. A man in his early 50-s was sitting at the dining table, pouring juice into the glasses. The sight reminded Dara to his father a lot and she almost slumped onto the floor if not because Dami was still holding her. The man turned to the three of them as he heard Dami’s voice calling. Dara almost squeal when he smiled at them because he looked a lot like Jiyong.

But when she recognized him, she stepped backward until her back met Jiyong’s chest.

“You are Sandara Park, right? My son’s girlfriend?” he smiled happily as he got up to welcome her. She was pulled into a hug and a pat on her head before Jiyong asked her to sit next to him. Dara could feel how warm the hug was. A hug from a father that she always missed. They started to eat the food and Dara quietly munching her rice as she heard the family chatting to each other. It was pleasing to hear Jiyong talking although it was not a lot. It was the first time that Dara witnessed Jiyong interacting

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter