Two Hearts

She's Not Ugly
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I think I'm ugly

And nobody wants to love me

 

 

Bom and Minzy shared a glance as they watched Dara fidgeting on her sit, eyes observing right and left with beads of sweat on her forehead. She literally looked like she was bullied again, but nobody had ever picked on her again this lately, so her friends were wondering what was wrong with her this time.

“Dara, what is wrong with you? Is someone bullying you again? Should I ask Jiyong?”

At the mention of the boy’s name, Dara jumped on her sit. She eagerly shook her head, panicking. Chaerin who was being silent from the first moment they got into the old music room had grown irritated.

“What? Jiyong bully you this time?”

The question made everyone turn to her, baffled. Why would Jiyong bully Dara? But this time, instead of answering Chaerin’s question, Dara blushed madly, which made the girls more frustrated because Dara won’t say a thing. She had been silent and squirmy for the whole day and then kept running when Jiyong was around. And then Jiyong only threw an amused glance to her.

The sound of the door slamming open startled all the girls. Jiyong and the other boys came into the room, talking about their upcoming exam before their second year officially over this year. They were finally a step ahead into their adulthood – they were going to finish high school in one more year.

“Yah Jiyong! What did you do to her?” Bom pointed to Dara, her eyes widened furiously. Just like the other two girls, she was also curious about what had happened between these two. Dara kept on trying to run away while Jiyong silently made fun of her. There wasn’t an exchange of talking at all, but they knew something got to happen on the day Dara ran away from the restaurant crying.

“Did you bully her?” Minzy, being genuinely curious, shoot her question. This time, Taeyang, Daesung, Seungri, and even TOP who had to join the group of troublemakers to keep an eye on them stared at Jiyong, surprised at Minzy’s question. They also were aware of the tension between Jiyong and Dara but decided to keep quiet.

“The hell,” Jiyong muttered, frowning at the girls before he focused his attention on the red-faced Dara. “Why would I bully her?”

“Then why does she keep avoiding you and turn red when I mention your name?” Chaerin questioned this time. And then like something struck her brain, her eyes widened. “Oh my god… Di-did you do something ert to her?”

Everyone gasped, and Dara practically turned purple because of too much embarrassment. Jiyong raised his eyebrow, annoyedly threw his bag into the worn-out couch, and then slumped his body on it.

“I kissed her.”

The entire room went quiet as if everyone had just turned mute. Jiyong didn’t notice how Dara curled into a ball of humiliation as he closed his eyes, while their friends were gaping at how nonchalantly Jiyong was after dropping the bomb. Nobody said anything as they tried to sort out what to say with that kind of information until Seungri snickered wickedly followed by Taeyang and Daesung.

“So, it was true you did something that you shouldn’t to Dara.” TOP stated the fact, and that made Jiyong open his eyes to glare at the president.

“Pretty sure she likes it too since she kissed me back,” Jiyong replied, not giving a damn at how the girls had to join Dara blushing. Jiyong was being too straightforward, and that was not something they thought they would see.

Dara was still curling, hoping that the ground would swallow her. She could feel eyes on her. Seungri and Taeyang were still laughing, as if they could not stop while Daesung stopped, breathless. He wondered how the two could still laugh like crazy although he was the one who did sport the most.

“Why did you kiss her? I mean it’s not like you’re dating, aren’t you?”

TOP scoffed, Daesung grinned amusedly while Bom and Minzy stared at Chaerin, thinking the answer to her question. They were aware of how Jiyong and Dara treated each other but they had never thought Jiyong would go that far, especially since he was really stubborn. They still hadn’t got any answer from the two when Dara suddenly stood up and snatched her bag before dashing out of the room.

Jiyong did not have to open his eyes to know it was her. The sight of Dara blushing so hard and almost crying out of embarrassment was really amusing and cute at the same time. It proved that no one ever hit on her since people didn’t like her birthmark. How stupid people could be. If only they knew how beautiful inside and out Dara was.

“I don’t think she knows what is between both of you now after you kiss her,” Taeyang said after he calmed down from laughing too much. Seungri was now laying on the floor, exhausted. Jiyong sighed. Of course, she had no idea. This kind of thing had never happened to her. He needed to tell her everything or she would end up misinterpreting again.

“I’ll tell her.” He got up from the couch, raking his hair frustratedly. “Anyway, there is something I want you to know.”

“About Dara?” Seungri tried, which then he giggled at his own words.

“Why would he talk about you?” Chaerin remarked. Just as they started to throw each other curses, Jiyong’s voice stopped them.

“It’s about her birthmark. There’s a treatment for her.”

Everyone turned their heads to him, surprised to hear it. Minzy who was sitting the farthest, abruptly pulled the chair she was sitting on closer to Jiyong. They started to swarm around Jiyong. Even TOP was interested in the topic.

“Tell us!”

 

 

 

 

“Um- Sandara-shi. What are you doing here?”

Jae nervously asked as he eyed the surrounding, trying to find the terrifying boy who was always with her. Jae was actually with his friend, Dowoon, sitting on the bleachers to waste their time instead of studying for the upcoming exams when the girl suddenly appeared of nowhere, fitting herself between them both. Jae was shocked while Dowoon was practically shaking in his own sit for seeing her, remembering the scary incident with Brian. They were also impressed by how brave she was to be able to come to people who bullied her before.

“Pretend I’m not here!” she desperately muttered, hugging her bag pack close to her chest and eyes darting between the boys and the gym. “I’m trying to hide from someone.”

“Is someone bullying you again?” Jae raised his eyebrow, pushing his glasses up to take a good look at Dara. He continued to look around, still thinking about Jiyong that maybe would come sooner or later.

Dara shook her head.

“Uh, still…” Dowoon spoke this time, swallowing the big lump in his throat, “this probably not a good hiding spot, Sandara-shi.”

As if she had just realized there was one more person there, she turned to Dowoon. “Oh. Who are you?” she blinked her eyes.

“My name’s Yoon Dowoon,” he smiled sheepishly. “I am sorry for bullying you before, Sandara-shi. We were talking about you, actually.”

“About what?”

“Jae forces me to apologize to you, and since you are here…” he shrugged, still smiling uncertainly to her and Jae. Dowoon could feel himself sweating when she only stared at his face, not saying anything.

“Okay.” D

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter