Mutual Attachment

She's Not Ugly
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Just like her I wanna be pretty
I wanna be pretty

 

 

 

“Quit it. She already heard you, idiots.”

Jiyong stared at a bunch of people who were plugging their bodies under the table, trying to hide. It was an idiot thing to do since they all were not small and Jiyong and Dara could see their legs peeking out from under the table.

Both of them could hear the sighs and Chaerin was cursing to Seungri with a low voice. Dara looked between the legs under the table and Jiyong, dumbfounded. She wanted to ask something but the obvious irritation that showed on his face made her drop her intention. So she observed the situation dumbly.

“Don’t blame me. It’s Seungri’s fault. He broke aunty’s plate.” Chaerin peeked out her head from under the table, looking just as irritated as Jiyong, pointing at the glass fragments on the floor. Minzy and Daesung were the first to get out from under the table, followed by Taeyang, Bom and TOP.

“Why the hell are you here?” Jiyong shot a glare in TOP’s direction, but TOP only huffed, looking fed up with the situation.

“I don’t want to be here, okay? This woman dragged me.” TOP pointed to Bom who only smiled happily despite the obvious hate between the two boys.

Dara was suddenly hugged by Minzy. Her face showed worry and relief at the same time. “Are you okay? Like seriously okay, huh? I should ask for your number before. Totally forgot about that.” She spun Dara to check her body if there were any injuries, then she cupped her face, eyes roaming worriedly.

“I’m okay, Minzy. Don’t worry.” Dara flashed a smile, feeling guilty to make her worried.

“Dae, continue doing the sandwich, please. I have something to talk about with Dara.” Without turning to her twin, Minzy pushed Dara to the living room, and they were followed by Chaerin and Bom.

“Don’t kill each other!” said Bom to TOP and Jiyong before she followed them. Jiyong rolled his eyes. He ignored TOP and sat at the chair, watching Daesung arranging the sandwiches on a plate. Taeyang was cutting some fruits while Seungri unwillingly gathered the scattered glasses on the floor.

“Don’t auntie have some eggs? Tokki like to eat a rolled omelette.” He looked up to Taeyang, who stared back at him, unblinking. Taeyang glanced in Daesung’’s direction before answering Jiyong’s question.

“Not sure, go look in the fridge. Auntie said we can use anything in there.”

Jiyong stood up and walked to the fridge. Unconsciously, he smiled to himself when he saw eggs at the back of the refrigerator.

The other four looked at each other, noticing Jiyong’s expression but did not say anything about it.

 

 

...

 

 

“Are you seriously okay?” Minzy asked again after she pulled Dara to sit on the sofa. Chaerin took a sit on the floor across from Dara while Bom was standing near them. Dara looked at the three of them, worry was all over their face, making her happy because someone actually care about her and at the same time guilty because making them worried.

“I told you, I’m okay. See, there’s nothing wrong with me.” She pointed to her face, and then to her body.

“Then why you didn’t come to school?” Chaerin raised a brow.

Dara looked down at her hands. Although she had told Jiyong about her reasons, she still found it hard to talk about it again. Talking about what had happened was not an easy thing to do, especially since it was something that she wanted to forget. But these girls need to know her reasons too.

Because they were her friends.

“I was ashamed,” was all she said, but it was enough for the other three to understand. They sat there in silence. After a few moments, Bom crouched to her level, gathering Dara’s hands into hers.

“I believe it was our fault that this happened. I mean, we already know who is Brian but we did not say anything about it.”

“No,” Dara shook her head. “It’s mine. Jiyong already told me that he was the one who asked you not to tell me, and I was just dumb enough not to notice anything about that boy.” She swallowed the lump in . It was hard to admit, but Jiyong was right.

She was just too naive.

“Earlier, when I was talking with Jiyong, I also blamed you.” She blushed. “I thought that all of you purposely did that to me. But it’s me who I should blame. If I’m not too naive, I would’ve noticed that you all didn’t even want to talk to Brian. I seriously should have noticed that. I’m sorry that I am too stupid.”

Someone’s hands came into her vision as she stared at her hands. When she looked up, Chaerin was holding her hands, squeezing them reassuringly. Chaerin didn’t smile even a bit, but Dara noticed that her expression soften.

“Do you know that your naivety is actually your charm?”

“I agree.” Bom sat down next to Chaerin. “ And Jiyong fell for that. No, all of us fell for that. You should not feel bad that you’re naive since it brings you good things too.”

Chaerin reached her hand to touch an earring on Dara’s ear. She squinted at it for a moment and then smiled, which made Dara a little bit shocked.

“Seems like you are really important to him.”

“Who?” Dara asked.

Chaerin did not answer but her eyes lingered on Dara’s new earing.

“We all should thank Jiyong for bringing you to us,” Chaerin said instead.

 

 

...

 

 

“Dara, you’re such a photogenic person although you’re ugly.” Seungri blurted when he saw there were still a lot of family photos attached to the refrigerator. He winced when Daesung slapped his head, and then closed his mouth with his hand when he realised he said something stupid. Everyone was giving dirty look to him but Jiyong paid no attention to Seungri.

“Dad was a photographer. I was one of his models when he didn’t have any job. He said my birthmark is the most beautiful thing ever to happen to me because it proves I am special.” Dara answered without giving anything to what Seungri just said. Of course, it was hurt when people keep saying she was ugly, but she knew Seungri didn’t mean it.

“If it makes you feel better, just know Seungri’s birthmark is on his ,” Taeyang said, earning laughs from everyone.

“Yah!” Seungri threw his remaining sandwich to Taeyang which made Chaerin turn to her CL mode because he was wasting

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter