08.

Bedroom Monster

*Your POV*

As weeks passed, Jung kook already became a family to us. He helps mom with the chores, makes sure I am safe, and protects our family.

It's already winter now. Winter for me means, both happiness and sorrow. Happiness, my birthday is in winter season, Christmas is in winter season, and other occasions. Sorrow, well today's my birthday, the day when my father left us physically. Birthdays were supposed to be happy, the half of my day was happy but the rest? you know what I mean.

It's night time, I went out to the balcony of my room and looked at the sky. There were stars, I looked for the brightest and think that was my father.

"Hey dad. It's my birthday, my 5th birthday without you. I'm 19 now, as you can see, lots of things happened in a year." I heard someone entering my room, I know its Jung kook. He wrapped me in a thick blanket. 

"What are you doing? Its cold out here, plus it's your birthday.", he told me. "Jung kook-ah. Why did you became a monster?", I asked him. "I actually don't know. I just woke up and they told me I have to be in this room, your room, and stay here.", he told me looking afar. "Why did you ask?", he asked me back. "Well your like a guardian angel not a monster. Your smile, its so cute like a bunny. You care for us even in small little things. I believe that my father became one of the brightest stars above in the sky. He watches and gives light to me and my mom.", I told him looking from afar also.

We both fall into silence until something dropped. I looked at it and it's a vintage watch. Jung kook saw that I was also looking at it. He hurriedly grabbed it and went inside.

"Jung kook, what is that watch?", I asked him out of curiosity. His back is facing me and told me, " I will tell you, but promise me one thing Yuni-ah. Stay until the last please?", He looked at me as if I or he will be gone. "The elders gave it to me before I became visible to everyone. I will be gone Yuni-ah once this watch starts ticking and stops. I'll be gone.", "When will it start ticking?", I asked him. " I don't know.", he looked away from me.

I went to him and hugged him. "Please don't go. Please stay Jung kook-ah." I hugged him and he hugged me back. We stayed like that for some minutes.

*Jung kook's POV*

She hugged and begged me. Yuni-ah I cannot tell you everything. I know when it will start ticking and I know what will happen if it stops. I cannot risk you knowing about it. I love you so much that I cannot bear watching over you crying over me.