Chapter 15: Saving Him

Nothing's Over

 

Sunggyu parked the car carefully and switched off the engine. He turned to Woohyun who was just about to step out and grab his shoulder from behind. Woohyun fell with his back on the seat with his head on Sunggyu’s lap. His eyes widened in shock when Sunggyu bent over and kissed him square on the lips.

“Yah! We’re in college!” He yelled and tried to sit straight but Sunggyu just pulled him back and kissed him again. Woohyun gave up and returned the kiss lightly. When Sunggyu finally broke the kiss Woohyun stepped out of the convertible.

“Sir, I advise you take care of your relationships when we’re in college property, okay?” Woohyun said in a funny voice. Sunggyu smiled and replied.

“I can kiss you whenever I like,” he said.

“I don’t mean me.”

“What?”

Woohyun motioned to his back and Sunggyu turned just to see one of his girlfriends coming toward them in a short mini skirt and sleeveless V-neck blouse. The pink blouse was a see through one.

“Oppa!” She screamed happily and ran to Sunggyu in her high heels. Woohyun quickly looked away just as she wrapped her arms around Sunggyu’s neck and pecked him on the lips.

“You said you love your convertible so why did you bring it to college?”

“I brought it for someone.” Sunggyu replied casually and eyeing him slightly.

“Me?” She squeaked. “Oh my god, I love you oppa!” She kissed him again on the lips, not quite noticing Woohyun’s presence there.

“No actually, Woohyun here...”

“Is your tutor, I know and whatever. Listen, our parents arranged a family dinner tonight. They’re thinking about our engagements.”

“E-Engagements?”

Woohyun heard his heart snap. He tried to keep his eyes on the ground.

“Yes! Just what you wanted all this time!” She replied.

“I... I better go. Thanks for the ride, Sunggyu. See you after class. We’ll be studying anatomy so bring you books beforehand. Bye,” he said swiftly and walked away, not even glancing back at the older.

“Woohyun!” he heard Sunggyu called. Woohyun hissed. He’s a man, he shouldn’t get jealous and sulked easily, and he knew that. But knowing that someone he loved getting engaged to someone else in front of him was more than Woohyun could handle. Maybe he should leave for Stanford. Maybe he should skip the dance competition and fly earlier, he thought.

“Yah!” He was jerked back when a hand yanked his arm from behind. Woohyun opened his mouth to say something to Sunggyu who was holding his arms strongly but the words were out of him when Sunggyu crashed their lips together, in front of the girl!

Sunggyu finally pulled back and smiled at Woohyun. The smile he had on was full of mischievousness and certainty. And Woohyun couldn’t help liking how Sunggyu’s eyes disappeared when he did so.

“What the hell?” She screamed.

“Yes, Haeri. Woohyun and I... are together. No matter how weird than sounds,” Sunggyu said.

“But-But you’re straight!” She screamed again.

“You can tell my parents, I don’t care,” Sunggyu added and pulled Woohyun out of the place.

“Wait. Your convertible! You didn’t lock it.”

“Doesn’t matter.”

“What if someone steal it?”

“I’m more concern of someone stealing you from me,” Sunggyu smiled again and grabbed Woohyun’s hand back, dragging the younger man out of the college.

“Wait, where are we going?” Woohyun almost panicked.

“To your secret hideout.”

 

 

 

Sungjong put his things in his locker and looked at the schedule for his next class. He pulled out his books and suddenly a piece of paper slipped between the pages. He bent over to pick it from the floor and when he turned it to the front, Sungjong was caught off guard.

It was a picture of Hoya and him, eating ice cream at his house during high school. Well, during his high school that is. Hoya and Sungyeol graduated the year before.

Sungyeol had taken the picture. It was exactly that night that he realized he liked Hoya. Sungjong let out a long sigh and put the picture back between the ages. Unfortunately the hyung didn’t love him he way he did.

Damn feelings. Why can’t it just go away? He said to himself.

“Sungjong!” He turned when he heard his name being called and saw Sungyeol walking towards him. The memory of Sungyeol kissing another man besides Myungsoo surged back. Sungjong clenched his fingers into a fist. Even though Sungyeol was like a brother he never had, Sungjong wouldn’t hesitate to punch him for what he’d done. It was totally irresponsible and stupid. Myungsoo have girls, and boys, waiting in a long line just to date him and be his girlfriend. But this guy, this freakishly tall guy dares to waste that chance on him.

“Ya!” Sungyeol yelled when Sungjong suddenly grabbed his front shirt. Since he was taller, Sungyeol was force to bend down so he was on Sungjong’s eye level. “What?”

“How’s Myungsoo hyung?”

Sungyeol stiffed.

“How did you know?”

“I was there.”

“Was where?”

“Seriously?” Sungjong threw Sungyeol by a strong force and the older reeled a few steps back. He adjusted his shirt and looked back at Sungjong leaning on his closed locker, his face clearly showing dissatisfaction.

“Tell me.”

“We saw you kissing with Eli yesterday night.”

“What the- !” The words slipped out of his mouth. “How?”

“Myungsoo hyung wanted to surprise you, apparently he got surprised instead. How’s the kiss? Was it fun?”

“It wasn’t a kiss!” He yelled, regretting it a second later when the students around turned to him.

“Then what was it?”

“It was-” Sungyeol couldn’t find the right word.

Sungjong shook his head at Sungyeol’s lost of words.

“Did you... see him today?” Sungyeol asked, his voice sounded a little down than before.

“He doesn’t have class today. He’s probably at the cafe, working.

“I should tell him the truth.”

“Truth?”

Sungyeol nodded. This time his face was full of determination. He left after that, leaving a clueless Sungjong behind.

“What is wrong with him?” Sungjong muttered to himself.

College start and ended in a blank of an eye for Sungjong, probably because he couldn’t focus in class that day. His mind was elsewhere. He borrowed some notes from his generous friends and decided to do his own study after class. After about two hours of nonstop studying, Sungjong left the college. It was drizzling and he couldn’t get a taxi or a bus.

He called Sungyeol to pick him up but the older didn’t answer. So Sungjong decided to stay in class until the rain stop.

Unfortunately, the rain turned from just light drizzles to heavy downpour. And it was starting to get really cold. The coldness made Sungjong sleepy and he ended up falling asleep in class. He woke up suddenly when his phone vibrated in his pocket.

“Hello?” He answered groggily.

“Hey, I forgot to tell you, we have practice tonight.”

“Huh?”

“Sorry, did I just wake you up?”

“Yea. Who’s this?”

“Hoya.”

“Oh. Sorry, I fell asleep in class.”

“Class? Wait, where are you?”

“I’m still in college. It’s raining so I can’t go home.”

“Do you want me to send you?”

“It’s okay,” Sungjong peeked outside the window. It had stopped raining. “I can go home by myself.” Hoya said a few more things before he ended the call. Sungjong stood up and pulled his bag over his head. He walked to the door and was about to open it when the bolt twisted before he touched it. Someone was outside and about to get it.

Sungjong took a step back to allow the door to open inwards and caught his breath to see Joon and Cheondoong. The two smiled smugly as Sungjong took a few more steps back, his face full of sheer shock.

“What are you doing here?” he managed. “This is...”

“We tried to find you in your house but you weren’t there.”

“So we looked here instead,” Cheondoong continued, his lips as if about to have a delicious feast. “Should I do it or you, hyung?” He asked Joon.

“You hold him. His stubbornness doesn’t suit his small features. I think you deserve a punishment today, Jongie-ah.”

“No. Please!” Sungjong yelled as Chendoong caught hold of his wrist, twisting it behind him, earning another yelp from Sungjong. The small boy was then pushed to the tables and he fell on the floor with a thud, head first. Sungjong scrambled to his feet as the faintness settled in and Sungjong fell back to the floor.

“Poor boy, feeling dizzy, Jongie?” Joon mocked as he held Sungjong by his arm. “Work with me.” He offered again.

Sungjong pushed his arms away and grab the nearest support, the table to steady himself. “No,” He answered.

“Suit yourself! Don’t say I didn’t warn you,” He lunged at Sungjong and the younger gritted his teeth when he received another blow on the stomach. Sungjong fell back on his as he coughed blood. He tried to stand up but Chendoong kicked at his leg which floored the small boy again.

“There’s no end to this until you work with me again, Jongie.”

Sungjong shook his head. “I’m not going back to that hell.”

Joon and Chendoong laughed at the answer. Chendoong crouched down next to Sungjong’s weak form and grasped the hem of his shirt. Sungjong closed his eyes, afraid of his next move. Chendoong raised his arm, about to throw one last punch to the boy when it was caught mid-air.

Chendoong didn’t have time to even turn when he was pulled back, away from Sungjong and received a blow to the ribs. Joon gulped down his saliva to see Chendoong curled out in pain in front of him.

“Your turn.” Sungjong heard a familiar voice and opened his eyes to see Hoya in front of Joon, his eyes full of fury and anger. Joon tried to run but Hoya grabbed his collar and punched him straight on the jaw. He flew back and hit the wall with bleeding lips.

Sungjong saw Chendoong standing up behind Hoya and grabbing a chair to throw to the older.

“Hoya hyung!!!” Sungjong yelled as loudly as he can. Hoya turned but couldn’t avoid the chair as it hit him on the head. Hoya fell on the floor, holding his throbbing head. Seeing Hoya in pain, Sungjong got an unbelievable bravery as he charged at Chendoong and hit his face. The tall boy was stunned and got to his feet, only to be hit again by someone from behind.

“How dare you hit him!” Dongwoo hissed.

Sungjong went to help Hoya as Joon and Chendoong left the room after Dongwoo threatened to burn down their club. “You okay, hyung?” Sungjong asked, putting his arm around Hoya’s shoulder tenderly. The older nodded and gave a reassuring smile. Dongwoo went next to him and touched his hair, asking if he had hurt it bad.

“No.” He answered just as he felt something drip down his nose and into his mouth. Hoya swallowed that sickening metal taste on his tongue as he brushed his fingers over his mouth.

“You nose... It’s bleeding hyung!” Sungjong cried.

“Really?” Hoya brushed some more but the blood wouldn’t stop and he was slowly feeling light headed. He clutched to Dongwoo for support.

“Hoya!” Dongwoo screamed when the younger’s head lolled back and he fainted in his arms.

 

hello! i havent update this in what? one year? yea, i read it gain and what i wrote one year ago was so cheap lmao but dont worry, i'll improve this story soon~~ thank you for reading.. comment and subscribe~