Chapter 2 : Paradise

Nothing's Over

 

“Is that all, hyung?”

Sungyeol put his entire luggage by the door of sungjong’s home. He finally closed the boot when all his things were in the front of the letter’s home. “Yea. Listen, I have an appointment with the doctor. Can you help me get everything inside?”

“With the doctor?”

Sungyeol looked at him a few moments before shifting his attention back to his car. “Yea, just a monthly appointment. Nothing to be worry about.” He said.

“Okay. Bye.” Sungjong waved his hand to Sungyeol as he drove the car away from the street.

Then, Sungjong grabbed some of Sungyeol’s luggage to the front of the door. He unlocked the door and entered his home, pulling the luggage with him. It was dark inside. Suddenly when he was just about to get the rest of sungyeol’s things inside, two silhouetted block his way out of his house.

“Wh... Who are you?” he squinted his eyes to see the two people standing by the door.

“Sungjong, I’m here.” The voice sent chills down to his spine

 “Joon hyung.” He breathed.

“So you do remember?” said the man called Joon. He motioned for the man behind him to close the door as both of them entered the house.

“Wh-what are you doing?” Sungjong found himself surrounded with darkness as the door was closed, blocking all sources of lights from pouring in to his living room. He step backwards but stumbled over Sungyeol’s luggage. He fell to the floor with a thud. Before he could do anything, he felt someone grabbed his left wrist. Then another hand pushing his right shoulder to the floor.

“Joon-hyung!” he yelled.

“Consider this as your payment to me, sungjonggie,” the voice felt very near to his ear.

Sungjong felt something heavy on his stomach. He knew joon was sitting on top of him. Joon pinned his hands above his head.

“Let-let me go!” he screamed. Sungjong felt his tears streaming down. He was struggling but the muscular man on top of him was strong. He was powerless. Suddenly he felt his hands free from Joon’s grip. He tried to push the letter away from him but this time Joon pulled his hair back.

“Hyung! It hurts!” he cried.

“Come work with me back, sungjong,” said Joon.

“No! I’ll never do your dirty work anymore!”

“Wrong answer.” Sungjong felt Joon’s hand under his shirt. The hand was trailing his body to the nape of his neck. Then, he felt Joon his neck as he was struggling. He felt all his breath out of him when joon kissed him.

I’m dead!

“Let-me go. Help! Somebody, help!” Sungjong screamed his hearts out.

“Cheondoong! Help me with this kid.”

The other man that was standing and watching before came to his side and pulled sungjong’s head to his lap. He then clamped his hands around his mouth.

Joon laughed maniacally. His hands trailed down to sungjong’s waist, down to his hip and stopped at his thighs. As if enjoying the sound of sungjong’s muffled screams, he pulled down his trousers slowly.

Sungjong kicked and with all his might.

Somebody! Help me! Ho-Hoya hyung! Help me!

 

 

“Tell me again why I am helping you?” said dongwoo.

“because you’re my friend. Come on. Sungyeol hyung need our help to pack his things. Besides, it’s not like sungjong’s home that far anyway.” Answered Hoya, swaying the arms of the older and pouting at him.

Dongwoo pulled his arm away and looked at Hoya.

“You think your weird aegyo gonna work on me?”

“What aegyo?”

Dongwoo stared at Hoya. Suddenly he cupped Hoya’s face with both his hands and pulled his face closer to him. He stared at Hoya. Again. His gaze moved from Hoya’s eyes, his nose then to his lips. He his own lips unconsciously.

“H-hyung?” Hoya stuttered.

Dongwoo snapped back to reality and pushed Hoya’s face hastily, almost making the younger fell on his .

Dongwoo looked around, suddenly aware what he just did caught some attention from the pedestrians. He brushed his hand to his coat and glanced at Hoya who was also trying his best not to look at him. “I-I left some things at class. You go first. I’ll come later.” Without waiting for Hoya’s answer, Dongwoo was already making his way to the direction of the college.

When he was sure he was far enough from Hoya, Dongwoo glanced back. Hoya was already walking away. Dongwoo let out a small groan. “Stupid! Stupid!” he hit his head.

 

‘h-hyung?”

 

Hoya must think I’m a weirdo. Dongwoo, you should really hold yourself back in front of him. He’s straight for god sake!

 

 

 

Hoya reached Sungjong’s home when it was almost dark. He suddenly thought that it was a bad choice for not taking a cab as his feet was hurting. Probably because he thought Dongwoo was gonna caught up to him on the way. I guess he decided not to come.

Hoya saw Sungyeol’s things outside the house. “What the-“

A sound of something broken in Sungjong’s house gave him a bad vibe. He quickly ran to the door and was taken aback when it was not locked. He pushed the door all the way so that he can see everything in the living room. There, he saw two men cornering another man at the corner of the living room.

“Hyung!” yelled sungjong. In his hand was what seemed like a shred of a broken vase? Tears streamed down his damp eyes and his hands were bleeding. The two men, Joon and Cheondoong turned to the new intruder. Hoya can see that one of them had a white milky skin, almost pale while the other one was quite muscular.

“What are you trying to do to him?”

“Who are you?” the man with the white milky skin asked.

Hoya ignored his question and walked to both of them. He looked back and forth to the two men before giving a blow straight on the face of the man that had spoken before. The man stumbled backwards. His friend tried to kick Hoya but Hoya was fast and he blocked it with his hands before giving a blow to his chest. He fell to the floor, bringing down his friend that was trying to stand up.

“Leave!,” said Hoya. The muscular man wiped the blood by the corner of his lips before nodding to the other man, signalling that they should leave.

When they were gone, Hoya looked at Sungjong. The boy suddenly fell to the floor. He was hugging his legs and shivering. He buried his face in his knees and cried. Hoya went to him and took the shred of broken vase from his bleeding hand.

Hoya realize that the boy was half so he took off his jacket and covered sungjong’s legs. Then, in a slow and comforting voice he tried to calm the younger boy who was still crying hard.

“Where’s the first aid kit?”

“Kitchen,” Sungjong muttered in a small voice,

Hoya stood up but sungjong suddenly grabbed his right hand. He heard the younger hissed in pain as the hand that he had used to grab Hoya’s hand was the hand that was full of cuts. “Stay,” said Sungjong.

Hoya looked at his own hands that was full of sungjong’s blood. He wanted to treat the younger’s hands but when he realized that sungjong needed his support, he lowered himself and sat next to the boy.

“it’s okay. I’m here.”

Sungjong took Hoya’s hand to his chest and gripped it tightly, hissing at the friction of their hands.

“Sungjong, doesn’t it hurt?”

“No.” Sungjong suddenly pulled him closer and buried his face to hoya’s chest. Hoya was stunned but slowly his left hand made its way to sungjong’s head and he patted the younger one.

His eyes had adjusted to his surroundings. Hoya looked around him and realize that sungjong’s house is in a mess. The men that came must have had something against sungjong to do something like this to him. Suddenly, sungjong’s grip to him tighten and he found the boy crying to his chest.

“Sung-.”

Someone suddenly the lights and Hoya had to squint to see who it was. Sungyeol hyung?

It was not. There, standing by the door with his hands on the switch was no other than Dongwoo. Dongwoo looked at him and Sungjong. Hoya tried to say something but Sungjong’s grip on him suddenly become tighter. “hoya hyung,” he cried.

Dongwoo looked away and trained his eyes on the mess in the living room. “I...I’ll get sungyeol’s things inside.” And he was gone from the door.

 

 

Sunggyu stopped in front of woohyun’s house. He took out the book from his bag and rang the bell. He waited. He had known where Woohyun lived since he asked one of his girlfriends. She answered but seemed really annoyed on why he asked about another guy’s address. Sunggyu looked around. The neighbourhood was really unfamiliar. It was his first time there and to tell the truth, it was really scary to be somewhere that he was so unfamiliar with.

Someone opened the door and he found himself face to face with an old woman. She looked like she aged 80 or something to sunggyu.

“yes, young man?”

Sunggyu blinked at the woman. “I...I’m woohyun’s friend. May I...”

“he’s in his room.” She opened the door and motioned for sunggyu to enter. “it’s the second room to the left. He’s studying.”

Sunggyu nodded. He smiled at the woman before making his way to the direction he was given. Sunggyu managed to look around the house. The wallpaper is torn and looked like it aged. Some parts of the ceiling were leaking water and the carpets on the floor were also torn here and there. So this is your home, huh? Sunggyu smirked to himself. He compared his life to woohyun’s.

His house was much bigger than this, true. But somehow, sunggyu felt a pang of jealousy in his heart. woohyun’s house seemed like a home more than his house.

He stopped in front of woohyun’s room. He decided that he should not knock to give a surprise to the younger. He opened the door. Woohyun had his back on him. He was oddly facing the wall of his room with a book in his hand and his headphone over his ears. He was sitting on his bed, legs crossed.

“Woohyun...” he called slowly.

No reply.

Deaf are we?

Sunggyu walked to woohyun and hovered over him. Woohyun turned his head at the sudden presence and upon seeing Sunggyu there, he stumbled backwards and fell off from his bed.

“hye!”

“What are you- how did you- why are you-?”he struggled to his feet.

“Relax, I’m just coming to give you this.” He shoved the book to Woohyun’s arms and sat on Woohyun’s bed. “This is your room, huh?” he looked around. Sunggyu noticed Woohyun looking at him, puzzled. He smirked at Woohyun’s reaction.

Sunggyu suddenly rest his head on Woohyun’s bed. “It feels like home.”

“Sunggyu, you should probably go.”

“Why? Do you hate me that much?” he stood up and walked to Woohyun. “I came to offer my apologies.”

“No, it’s not that. It’s just that-” a noise from outside his room momentarily stopped Woohyun’s sentence. He ran to the door and peeked between the small opened crack.

Sunggyu pushed woohyun to take a peek. “Why?”

Woohyun suddenly grabbed him by the collar. Sunggyu thought that Woohyun was going to punch him or something but he didn’t. Woohyun was frantically looking around his room and when he spotted his bed, he pushed sunggyu on his knees and forced the letter to lay on his back before ordering him to hide under the bed.

“Why should I?”

“if you want me to live, just do it!” he whispered but there was a tone of desperation in it. For the first time sunggyu felt scared. Like his life was going to end when in fact Woohyun clearly said that it was HIS  life that was in stake. He nodded and did as he was told.

It was very uncomfortable under there but at least it’s dust free. Woohyun probably cleaned his room every day. Sunggyu silently thanking him because it would be bad for his asthma.

He heard a knock on the door and saw Woohyun walking towards the door and opening it. Sunggyu saw another pair of feet. The owner of the pair of feet walked inside his room.”What are you doing?”

“I’m studying, dad,” he heard Woohyun answered.

“Amma said a friend of yours came. Where is he?” sunggyu saw the man stepping more into the room. He was dangerously close to the bed and to him.

“He’s gone. You know I don’t have friend, dad. I don’t even have time for them.”

“Good. Focus on your study if you don’t want to end up like your sister. Understand?”

“Yea.” Woohyun sounded nervous by Sunggyu. He saw the man leaving the room and the door closed. This time sunggyu heard the door being locked. He got out from under the bed and looked at woohyun. “Yah! You okay? Is he your dad?” he patted the younger at his back.

Woohyun looked at him. “Next time, don’t come. You can send everything to my Amma.”

“what? Can’t I just see you at home. I kinda like your home.”

“what part of ‘don’t come’ don’t you understand?” said woohyun. He opened the door and peeked outside his room. “Quick! You should probably run now.”

“Why?”

“Just go!” Woohyun suddenly grabbed his hand and pulled him through the corridor, through the living room and to the safe outside of his house. He practically pushed Sunggyu to the street.

“Yah! I take back my apology!”

“Whatever!” said Woohyun before running back into his house and slammed the front door shut.

 

 

“So, is the results out?” sungyeol looked at the doctor. He was looking at the paper that was holding the results intensely. “Is something wrong, doctor?”

The doctor smiled reassuringly at him. “No, it’s just that I think the nurse might have made some mistake. It’s very different from your first result. You took the test last month if I’m not mistaken.”

“Yes.” He nodded.

“Excuse me. Please wait for a moment.” The doctor left him again. He had waited for almost an hour for the doctor and he came in for a minute and then out the next second.

Sungyeol was getting impatient. And he had a bad feelings all of a sudden before but he was not sure about what. Could it be Myungsoo? Or Hoya? Sungjong?

The last time he felt this was when Myungsoo started about breaking up with him months earlier. He felt like crying at that time. However it turns out that it was Myungsoo’s prank to him on his birthday. He didn’t even realize that it was his birthday. But the moment when Myungsoo hugged him and whispered happy birthday to him, Sungyeol felt like he was in paradise. And when they lay down together at the couch, snuggled together, then Myungsoo falling asleep on his shoulder, Sungyeol had shoved the feelings aside. He had never trusted his instinct after that since it’s been wrong.

Sungyeol closed his eyes. He wondered why every time he closed his eyes all that he could think was that man. Myungsoo was more than just his boyfriend. He didn’t know what he thought of the younger but one thing that he was sure about was that he loves him. Still am. Forever will.

The doctor came in the room again and sat on his chair. Sungyeol opened his eyes and looked at him.

“We... we need to run some test on you again.”

“But I just did two weeks ago.”

“Well, Mr. Lee... To tell you the truth, your result came out negative. All of them. We don’t know what’s wrong. And since we can’t do the surgery until your result came out positive, we may need to postpone it.”

Sungyeol heaved a sigh and rubbed his temples. These people are getting on my nerves!

“So, please come tomorrow to do the entire test again, Mr. lee. We are very sorry but this is the first time things like this actually happen.”

Sungyeol felt like yelling at the doctor at that moment. He was not usually like this. He was always laughing, choding around with everybody...with myungsoo. But now that he know he’s facing a life and death experience, his world suddenly felt glum and dark all of a sudden. Nothing can make him smile or laugh. It had been two weeks when he last knew about his disease and since then he had been fighting with his own feelings. He knew the biggest impact of this news would be to Myungsoo since Hoya had heard of the result with him. Sungyeol had decide that it was better for him to break up with Myungsoo sooner if not later. He didn’t want Myungsoo to cry by his bedside or -his grave.

“Mr. Lee, please sit down.” The doctor had motioned to Sungyeol. Sungyeol looked at hoya. Hoya nodded and pushed him to sit at the chair. When he was seated, he felt hoya’s hand on his shoulder. Sungyel grabbed both Hoya’s hands on his shoulder and gripped them tightly.

“We have the results. For your brother, Lee Howon, nothing is seems to be wrong with him. But you, Lee Sungyeol, we have some unfortunate news for you.”

He felt hoya’s grip on his hands tensed up.

“We... found some trace of cancer in your stomach.”

“Ca-cancer?” he stammered.

“Yes, but it’s in the early stage so we can remove it by surgery. But before that we need to run some tests and...”

“Are you sure because... my brother really takes care of his eating,” he heard Hoya said.

“Yes, we are very sure. We should really...”

“But...”

“Hoya,”Sungyeol gripped his brother’s hand tightly. “Let’s... listen to the doctor.” When Hoya did not answer, Sungyeol turned to look at his brother. Hoya was staring at him. The corner of his eyes were already wet. He faked a smile and pulled Hoya’s hand so it circled around his neck.

“I’m okay.” Sungyeol turned back to the doctor. “Please continue.”

But he was lying instead. The news was a big blow to him. And maybe an even bigger one to Myungsoo and Hoya. Hoya had cried then, in their car. He had suppressed his sadness for the younger one and had made him promise not to tell Myungsoo.

Sungyeol slowed down his car when he turned at the corner of Sungjong’s house. He parked in front of the house and saw that Dongwoo was sitting by the pavement. The older man was staring at the night sky and did not realize he was there.

“Hyung,” he called Dongwoo. Dongwoo smiled at him. “What are you doing here?”

“I... I really don’t know. Sungjong was attacked.”

“What?” Sungyeol ran to the front door and almost knocked Hoya over. “What happened?”

“Some guy came in and attacked him. But nothing happened. I’ll tell you the rest later. He’s sleeping in his room.”

Sungyeol looked around the living room. It was indeed in a mess. “I’m going to check up on him.”

 

 

Hoya glanced at Dongwoo who was sitting at the pavement. He walked to him and sat next to Dongwoo. Dongwoo looked at him a second before gazing back at the sky.

“I thought you left already.”

“well, I can’t leave him like that, can I?” he answered.

Hoya might have thought that Dongwoo was angry but when he thought again, the letter was never angry. But the sound of his voice and his answer seemed suddenly a bit cold.

“it’s late. I’ll send you home.” Said Hoya after a few minutes. He did not want Dongwoo to go home. He was enjoying his time there, sitting by the man that he like. But the silence was killing him! They usually do this at the college but suddenly the environment was awkward. He felt like he did something wrong and he did not know what it was. He figured a few words were better than nothing at all.

“Nah, I can go home myself,” Dongwoo stood up and brushed the sand away.

“No I’ll send you home. It’s only a couple of blocks away and since I’m on the way to the college, I can accompany you on the way,” said Hoya, also standing up. Since he was living in the hostel in the college, he figured he might as well send Dongwoo home. Dongwoo’s house was near the college’s compound.

Dongwoo looked at him. “I said no need. Besides, Sungjong needs you,” he said before walking away.

What the-Hoya thought. Is he jealous?

“Hyung!” he called. Dongwoo turned and faced him. “By any chance could you be- I mean... are you jealous?”

Dongwoo chuckled. “You kiddin’ right?”

He raised his hand to the right side of his head and waved to Hoya before walking away.

“Really, hyung. You really are stupid,” said Hoya.

 

 

So how was it?

I had to stayed up to finish this, really but i had fun. I really like writing, especially about this boys! Anyway! Thank you to the subscribers!!! And also the comments.. really appreciate it!

There’s yadong and a bit of woogyu LOL..  and well, hojong of course... well, i have no reason for not writing about L in this.. i really should because he’s really my biased in infinite LOL..

I promised to write about him in the next chapter.. and i might add some myungyeol.. 

So, here’s the sneak peak..

  1. How did Myungsoo get over Sungyeol?
  2. Hoya and Dongwoo entered some dance competition?
  3. Sunggyu decide to study but with Woohyun as the tutor!

 

p/s- congratulation infinite for winning the 4x100 relay in 2012 mbc athletic championship!!!... i knew that dongwoo, woohyun, L and hoya were the four but i'm not sure who's first and whose last... the fancam that i watched was woohyun's and i saw dongwoo giving the baton to woohyun and then he gave it to hoya. so i'm not sure if L was the first runner or the last.. but consudering he was either one, that mean he's really fast, right? but woohyun was really quick! i mean he overtook 2 racers whose i'm not sure who, placing them from the 3rd place to the 1st!

anyway, please spend some time to congratulate the boys at their twitter, okay?