Chapter 7 : ILY

Nothing's Over

 

Myungsoo was watching the television when he heard the door knocked. He munched the leftover cookie before made his way to the door. When he opened the door he saw Kiseop on the front door with a brown shopping bag in his hand.

“Kiseop.”

“I came to return this. Sorry for bothering you.” He gave Myungsoo the shopping back before turning to leave.

Myungsoo saw his clothes in the bag. “Kiseop. You... want to come in?”

Kiseop didn’t turn to face Myungsoo. Instead he only closed his eyes at the sound of Myungsoo calling his name.

“I shouldn’t. Sungyeol... wouldn’t like that.”

Myungsoo chuckled. “What do you mean he wouldn’t like that? I personally think that you guys can be good friends.”

Kiseop turned and looked at Myungsoo. At the corner of his lips were cookie crumbs. He must have been eating when he knocked on the door. He slowly made his way to Myungsoo. “Is Sungyeol in?”

“No. He has classes.”

Kiseop looked at Myungsoo’s lips again. Slowly, his hand moved towards the latter’s lips.

Myungsoo took a step back in reflex.

“You have... something on your lips.” Kiseop brushed the cookie crumbs with his thumb.

Myungsoo smiled. “Oh, thanks.” He looked at Kiseop. The older was staring at him again.

Before he knew it, Kiseop suddenly grabbed his shoulder and pushed him into the apartment and crashed their lips together.

Myungsoo was wide eyed at the sudden action. He tried to pry Kiseop’s hands from his shoulder but to no avail.

Kiseop pushed him to the wall and continued devouring on his lips when he finally managed to shove him away.  The latter stumbled a few feet away from him on the floor.

Myungsoo propped himself on the wall to support his body. It was just a kiss but the fact that someone he trusted tried to violate his body had made Myungsoo suddenly felt sick to his stomach. He had his right hand over his mouth.

“Ki...Kiseop. What are you...”

Kiseop stood up.

“Don’t!” Myungsoo yelled. “I... I trusted you. You know about me and Yeol... Why would you...”

Kiseop took a step towards him. “Because I...”

“Stop.”

“...love you... Myungsoo.”

For the next minute only silence filled the apartment. Myungsoo could hear his heavy breathing and Kiseop’s.

“Please... leave...”

“Myung...”

“Before Sungyeol gets here, you have to leave. I won’t tell him anything if you leave. Now. Go!”

Kiseop nodded. He heard the urgency in Myungsoo’s voice. He had used Myungsoo but the latter had tried to protect him. He was gone the next second.

Myungsoo listened as the echo of Kiseop’s running footsteps at the corridor faded. He slowly walked to the door and closed it. Myungsoo stared at the closed door and his legs finally gave in. He leaned on the door.

He didn’t know what he should do next. He didn’t want to tell Sungyeol, that’s for sure. It would only spark more war between them. But he was worried about something else.

Kiseop had told him. He had told Myungsoo that he loved him. Myungsoo had known that before but he could easily pretend that he didn’t know. He could pretend that he was clueless about his feelings.

He had wanted to protect the friendship.

But now that Kiseop had confessed, Myungsoo didn’t know what to do next.

 

 

 

“Have you tried contacting Sunggyu hyung?” Hoya asked again.

He wiped his sweating forehead with the towel before drinking half of the water in the bottle. Hoya looked at Dongwoo. The latter was also drenched in sweat from top to bottom. They had been practicing for their moves for the competition at the college’s gym till late at night.

“I tried before but he must have turned off his phone.” Dongwoo answered between his heavy breathing.

“You want to continue?” Hoya asked the older. Dongwoo nodded and stood up. He took the bottle from Hoya’s hand before drinking what’s left until it was empty.

Indirect kiss. Hoya said to himself.

“Did you say something?”

Hoya flustered at the sudden question. He quickly shook his head.

Dongwoo only nodded before taking his place at the middle of the gym.

Hoya also stood up. Did I say it out loud?

Hoya and Dongwoo continued for another hour before they decided to stop.

“I think that’s enough for today.”

Dongwoo went to one corner of the gym to get his bag and things. Because his clothes were drenched in sweat, he decided to change it. He slipped on his tank top before wearing his green moss sweater over it. He looked at his phone to see if there were any phone calls from Sunggyu but his call log was empty.

That was when he heard the sound of metal clashing the floor.

He looked at Hoya and saw his phone on the floor a few feet away from him. He was on his knees, bending over his stomach.

“Hoya!” He sprang to his side. “Why? What’s wrong?”

“No-Nothing. I didn’t eat at all today. It... must have been a minor gastric.”

Dongwoo pulled Hoya closer to him and touched his forehead. “You’re burning! I’ll take you to the doctor. Come on.”

“No!” Hoya held Dongwoo’s hand and gripped it softly. “I just need a moment and I’m good to go.”

Dongwoo let out a soft sigh. He knew trying to make Hoya change his decision was like telling Newton gravity didn’t exist. “Then you... should sit properly.” Dongwoo said because the younger was on his knees so it ought to be uncomfortable.

Hoya answered with a nod before moving his legs from under him then sat on his bottom. With his eyes still closed, Hoya leaned on the wall. It was uncomfortable but at least it can support him.

Dongwoo sat beside him. He could see that it was uncomfortable for Hoya to be leaning on the hard wall. “You should...” Dongwoo pulled Hoya’s hand towards him.

Hoya opened his eyes slightly. He was too tired to move but followed Dongwoo nevertheless.

Dongwoo extended his legs and pulled Hoya so the younger had his head on his lap. “...be comfortable...”

Hoya had to admit that it was comfortable.

Dongwoo altered Hoya’s position so the latter had the most comfortable post for a sick person, legs straight and arms by the side of the body.  He then pulled Hoya’s bag from the table beside him and rummaged through the content before took out his sweater. He put the sweater on Hoya to cover his body from the cold night chill.

“I didn’t know you can be a caring hyung.”

“I am caring to people I care about.”

“You care about me?”

“You’re my dongsaeng. Of course I care about you.”

“So I’m just another of your dongsaengs?” Hoya opened his eyes and looked up at Dongwoo.

Dongwoo quickly looked away. “Sleep, Hoya. I’ll wake you up after 10 minutes. I’m not going anywhere.”

“Really? You won’t leave?”

“I won’t. I’ll be here.”

Even so, Dongwoo knew it was impossible for him to leave since Hoya’s sleeping on his lap.

Hoya closed his eyes and tried to sleep but he was already feeling better. He opened his eyes slightly and peeped between the slits. Dongwoo looked like he was musing over something. He had that blank expression on his face like he was thinking about something serious.

Was he thinking because of what I said earlier? Hoya had wondered.

“Hoya...” He felt someone rocked his shoulder lightly. “Hoya, wake up.”

Hoya opened his eyes to see Dongwoo’s face so close to him. Ha didn’t realize when he actually fell asleep. He sat up and his sweater fell to his lap.

Dongwoo stood up at the freedom of his legs and jumped a few times to let the blood flow. Sitting on the same, exact position for almost 10 minutes was not his best sitting position but he would do it for the sake of Hoya. He took his bag and walked back to Hoya.

He was still worried about Hoya.

 “I’ll walk you to your room,” Dongwoo said.

“No need hyung.”

“I will.” He was worried if the younger would pass out again. Even if he had left, he would still feel restless thinking if the younger had safely reached his dorm.

Hoya only nodded at that and started to walk towards the direction of the hostel. Dongwoo walked closely behind. They walked through a few corridors and finally reached his room.

It was Dongwoo’s first time to the hostel. He saw the room number of Hoya. W074.

Hoya took the keys from his bag and slipped it onto the lock when he felt the pain in his stomach again. He opened the door and thought that he could get in before Dongwoo saw him struggling with the pain. But his legs started getting wobbly.

 The keys fell from his hand and Hoya dropped to his knees, crouching in pain.

When Dongwoo saw the younger crouching on the floor, he wasted no time to lift him slowly and dragged him into his room, on the bed. He took Hoya’s keys from the floor and closed the door.

“I’m okay, hyung...” Hoya muttered from the bed.

Dongwoo took no notice of him and continued to head towards the small kitchen. He searched for something that Hoya could eat and saw some muffins on the table. He took three packets and threw them on the bed beside Hoya’s weak body.

He ripped one packets open and the muffin almost went flying to the floor. “Eat.”

Hoya pushed his hands away weakly. “I can’t. It’s too big.”

Dongwoo pinched the muffin so he had only a small part of it in his hand and shoved it to Hoya’s face.

Hoya opened his mouth and ate it. Dongwoo did it until all three muffins were finished. Dongwoo took Hoya bag away from him and threw it at the corner of the bed. He then stood up to throw the empty packets of muffins into the dustbin when Hoya suddenly grabbed the end of his sweater.

“Don’t leave me hyung...” He muttered.

Hoya finally realized that he needed Dongwoo by his side. The latter had proven to be the best nurse at the gym before and truthfully talking, he didn’t think there was any other person he wanted to be by his side right then. He needed Dongwoo.

Dongwoo felt the younger tugged at his sweater. He closed his eyes before he walked towards the small kitchen. He felt Hoya released his sweater. He came back a few minutes later.

Hoya was still awake. He had hoped he would be asleep. Dongwoo went to the side of the bed and pulled the comforter to Hoya’s neck. Then, he took off his shoes before he slipped next to Hoya under the comforter. I’m getting too weak around him...

Hoya turned to his right, to the direction where Dongwoo was.

Dongwoo realized Hoya’s position that was facing him. He grabbed Hoya’s hand under the comforter before he pulled it to his lips. He kissed the back of Hoya’s hand. “You’re going to be okay.”

I love him...

Hoya slipped his other hand around Dongwoo’s waist and pulled himself closer to Dongwoo. He rested his head on the older’s shoulder. He closed his eyes to let the leftover pain subside.

“Thank you.”

I love you hyung, I wish you know that...

 

well, there's yadong for you. i'm sorry i made the development of the yadong couple pretty slow. i want them to actually confess at the right moment. anyway, i hope you like the chapter.

i'll update on my other infinite fic ASAP!