Chapter 13 : Broken

Nothing's Over

 

“There, I called him. Now he can stopped worrying,” said Myungsoo. “Now, let’s go home.” He slipped out of his apron before taking Sungjong by the hand and out of the cafe. As they walked on the busy street Myungsoo couldn’t take his eyes of off from the food sold all around him. Sungjong smiled when he saw the elder’s eyes widening every time they passed a stall. He decided to give him a treat.

“Come on, hyung. Let’s eat something. The treat’s on me.”

“Seriously?” A smile quickly spread across his face as he walked to a nearby stall and taking two sticks of sausages. “We should but something for Sungyeol hyung. Can I?”

“Sure,” Sungjong answered as he munched over his own stick.

“Whoa, I’m having a nice supper again today,” Myungsoo chimed happily as he held the plastic of food over his face. “Sungyeol’s so going to love this. Wait! Why don’t we give him a surprise?”

“Surprise?”

“Yea, let’s go visit him at the college. He said he’s on his way back so he’s probably still there. And we can give you a ride home too.”

Sungjong nodded. As they neared the entrance of the college, Myungsoo suddenly felt a bad feeling creeping into him. He was about to enter the main gate when he noticed Sungyeol’s car at the far corner of the secluded parking lot. The light in the car was and he notified Sungjong about it.

But as they approached it, Myungsoo could make out two bodies leaning at the side of the car. He stopped walking altogether. They were... kissing? He took a staggered step forward and saw that one of them, the one being kissed was Sungyeol and the other one was no other than Eli. Myungsoo felt sick to the stomach as he reeled back.

He shoved the plastic of food to Sungjong and felt the younger trying to grab his hand but he pushed it away.

Sungjong looked at Myungsoo making his way out of the college and felt the pit of his stomach turned into a knot. He had felt the same way when he saw Dongwoo hyung in Hoya hyung’s room. He glanced a second at the couple by the car before leaving his spot and following Myungsoo out of the college.

He reached Myungsoo’s house a few minutes later to find it unlocked. As he stepped in, he heard his slow sobs. Sungjong didn’t know what to do. It’s not like anything he do would make the elder felt any better. So he put the supposed-to-be-a-happy-supper plastic on the dinner table and left the apartment soon after that.

 

-- --

 

“Kiss me Yeollie,” Eli mouthed. Sungyeol pushed the betrayal feeling deep into his stomach before he kissed Eli. His hands were by the side of his body. He didn’t take any action to touch Eli or whatsoever. These hands would only touch Kim Myungsoo.

“Stop.” Sungyeol said and put his hands between him and Eli. “I gave you the kiss. Now I want to go home. Someone I love dearly is waiting for me.”

Eli looked relentless but nodded nevertheless. He got what he wanted. He saw Kim Myungsoo running away a few minutes ago with his friend and it was clear on his face that he saw what they were doing.

 

-- --

 

Sungyeol walked in into the apartment only to be welcomed by the sound of someone crying. He pushed his hungry feeling away when he saw the food on the dinner table and headed into Myungsoo’s bedroom. The younger was curled under his comforter. He wondered what could make the strong Kim Myungsoo to cry and he jumped on the bed beside the big visible bulge.

“Myungsoo what’s wrong?”

The crying stopped suddenly and Myungsoo sat up straight as he pushed the comforter from his head. Sungyeol was stunned to see the red eyes piercing into his own.

“How dare you ask me that!” Myungsoo said.

Sungyeol shifted uncomfortably on the bed. “Why? What’s wrong?”

“Is that why you wanted to break up at the first place?”

“Myung...”

“Then let’s do it. Let’s break up. That’s what you want, and you’ll get it.”

“L...” the name escaped his mouth. He only called him that on special occasion because Myungsoo loved the name.

“Don’t call me that!” Myungsoo yelled. “You should leave, Sungyeol. Now.”

“Wait, Myungsoo. I don’t understand. What’s wrong?”

“Leave!” he screamed.

Sungyeol took that as a warning. Myungsoo never get mad at him. Not even once. And to actually scream at him then it must be serious. He shifted from the bed and disappeared from the door.

Myungsoo heard the front door slammed shut and he buried his face back into the pillow.

“Why am I so stupid? Of course he still liked his first love!”

 

-- --

 

Woohyun got home early in the morning after he overslept at Sunggyu’s house the night before. He knew his father would probably beat him for that. Now that he think about it, everything around him started to change after Sunggyu came crashing into his life.

He started skipping class, went home late and even staying up late at his home in that case. But he liked it. The feeling of doing something wrong that felt so right at the same time. He inserted the key in the lock and twisted it before slowly pushing the door, not making any sound. He cursed under his breath when he saw the figure of his father in the living room, reading the newspaper between the cracks of the door. Woohyun even thought of running up the stairs to his room.

“What are you still doing there? Come in.” His father suddenly said, surprising Woohyun at the calmness in his voice. Woohyun instantly knew something good must have happened for him to be in a good mood.

He pushed the door all the way in and closing it behind him before making his way to his room.

“Woohyun?” he stopped dead at his tracks and looked at the old man.

“Yes?”

“A letter came from Stanford yesterday when you weren’t home. You got to Stanford.”

Woohyun didn’t know if he should be happy or sad. He had been studying like crazy just to enter the academy but why did it felt so empty now that he got it? Was it because of Sunggyu?

“I answered the application for you yesterday.”

He felt his heart softened at the kindness of his father who was often cold at him.

“You shouldn’t have.”

“You’re leaving next week.”

Crashed and burned. That’s what he felt. Without another word, he walked up the stairs to his room. As cliché as it sounded, Woohyun felt like his heart was torn out of his chest. He resorted on calling the older on the phone.

“Yah! Missing me already?” Sunggyu’s voice greeted him from the other line.

He kept quiet to listen to more Sunggyu talking.

“Are you there?” Sunggyu asked again.

“Yes. Sunggyu, I...”

Silence.

“What?”

“I got...”

Silence.

“Yah! Quit it with the short sentences already. What’s wrong?”

Woohyun ran his hand through his hair. Should he tell Sunggyu? No, he’ll tell him after the dance competition, when the time was right.

“I got home safe and sound.” Woohyun continued and even added a fake laugh at the end.

“Jeez. Good to know.”

 

haven't update for a while. hope it's okay..