Chapter 4: Confusion

Nothing's Over

 

Sungyeol did not know how long he had held Myungsoo in his arms. All he knew was that he did not want to let go of the younger. Never. Not even if he had died. But of course it would be terrible if his corpse hand was around Myungsoo’s waist. He smiled when the vision flashed in his mind.

Myungsoo felt the taller’s breath hitched like he was laughing. He looked up. “What’s so funny?” He asked.

“Nothing. It’s just that I miss you.” He pulled Myungsoo tighter into the hug. Sungyeol finally loosened his arms and pulled Myungsoo so the younger was sitting on the couch in the living room.

He kneed in front of Myungsoo and held Myungsoo’s hand. He wanted to hold the hands forever. He wanted to hold these hands as he and Myungsoo watched the television forever. He wanted to tell Myungsoo about his cancer but decided against it. Myungsoo was happy to see him. He didn’t want to ruin the especially festive mood.

He raised his head and his eyes met with Myungsoo’s. Myungsoo raised his eyebrows as if expecting him to say something.

“Myungsoo, I... I’m sorry I did what I did. I have my reasons why I did it. I can’t tell you now. I’ll tell you when the time is right, okay?”

Myungsoo nodded. It was weird to see Sungyeol talking in a serious tone. If he had said so, then he must do so. He smiled at Sungyeol. “I’m glad that you’re here. I miss you.”

Sungyeol also smiled. But then the scent of the coffee reached his nose again. Again image of his rival flashed in his mind. “Did you really, L.Kim?”

Myungsoo was taken aback with his nickname that had slipped from Sungyeol’s mouth. Sungyeol almost never used that name. “L.Kim?”

“Yea, I saw someone wearing the same exact sweater like yours, you know, with the big L.Kim in the front? And he looked so very, awfully familiar. Do you have the sweater in your room? If so, then I must be mistaken.”

“O-Of course.”

“Really?” Sungyeol stood up abruptly and started walking to the direction of Myungsoo’s room.

Myungsoo also stood up and grabbed Sungyeol’s wrist. He didn’t want to lie but he also didn’t want to explain the real situation. How could he say that he had slept with Kiseop the other night? Even though nothing happened, it was still considered sleeping together because they really did slept on the couch together, next to each other.

Sungyeol pried his hand from Myungsoo and was about to speak his mind when his phone rang suddenly. He looked at the screen and saw that it was the doctor calling. He realized that he had spent too much time at Myungsoo’s apartment and was late for his appointment. He looked at Myungsoo and took a mental note to talk about Kiseop later.

“I’m leaving now.”

“Wait. I’m... I’m sorry. I didn’t mean...”

“No. We’ll talk later. I really have to leave now.” Sungyeol picked his medical records from the floor. He made sure he didn’t leave a single paper for Myungsoo to read later. He didn’t want Myungsoo to know about it now. If he must know, it would be from him.

Myungsoo heard the front door closed. He slumped back into the couch. “Was he mad?” he questioned himself.

 

 

 

“Do you want to take a bath?” Sungjong looked at Hoya and shook his head.

“Then do you want to sleep?” Hoya asked him again. He shook his head again. His hands were still holding on to Hoya’s hands. Hoya looked at the front door. Sungjong noticed that. A little while ago, Dongwoo-hyung had brought in Sungyeol hyung’s things in. But then he never came in the house. Hoya looked worried and anxious.

“Hyung...”

Hoya looked back to Sungjong. “Then what do you want to do?”

“I...I’m scared.” He really was. Never in his entire life had he been so scared before. But with Hoya next to him and Hoya’s hands holding his hands tightly, he felt safe. He felt like nothing can hurt him now.

Hoya opened his mouth to say something but no words came out. He looked at the front door again for a second before his eyes met Sungjong’s.

“Sungjong... Did they... Did they do anything to you?”

Sungjong saw the worries in his eyes. He shook his head. “No. They didn’t. They’re just warning me if I had refuse their offer.”

“What offer?”

“To work with them again. I didn’t want to and they... got rough.”

Hoya nodded.

“And then... you came,” he continued. “Thank you.”

Hoya’s smile melted his heart. Sungjong realized that he was head over heels for the man. He had loved Hoya for a few years but didn’t have the courage to confess.

“Hyung, I... want to sleep.”

Hoya smiled again. He was probably glad that Sungjong had at least decided to do something. Hoya was careful as Sungjong put his left hand over his head. Hoya wrapped his right hand around Sungjong’s waist and lifted him to his feet. “Does it hurt?” Hoya breathed.

“No,” He had replied. He was just glad that Hoya’s face was only a few inches away from his. He was glad with Hoya’s hand around his waist. He was glad that they were in a close intimacy.

“My jacket,” Hoya breathed again.

Sungjong noticed that Hoya’s jacket that covered his lower body was slipping and quickly pulled it up to cover his lower body back. He nodded as if suggesting it was safe to move.

Hoya softly lowered him on the bed. Then he carefully lifted his legs up. Sungjong had his eyes trained on Hoya as the older pulled the comforter over his body until it was covering his whole body to the neck. Hoya closed the curtain and finally looked at him.

“Comfortable?”

Sungjong nodded.

“Hey, I didn’t know you have this picture?” Hoya sat on the bed by Sungjong’s arms and looked at a picture of him, Sungjong, Sungyeol and Myungsoo. It was their first MT during the semester break.

“I thought the ajusshi at the shop said the picture was only for him to keep?”

Sungjong only nodded at that. His eyes skimmed Hoya’s face. Slowly, his left hand moved from under the comforter and tugged at Hoya’s shirt.

“Please stay.”

Hoya smiled and nodded. “Okay, what do you want me to do?”

“Sing.” He was suddenly in high spirits at the thoughts of Hoya singing a lullaby for him.

“Okay. I’ll sing Can U Smile, okay?”

Sungjong nodded eagerly.

 

aju orae jeon neoreul boatdeon
geu neukkimeul gieokhe nan
neoreul alatdeon nareul alatdeon
geu shijeoli saenggakna

(i remember that feeling from a long ago
when i looked at you
i remember that time when i knew you,
you knew me)

neoreul dalmgo shipdeon eouligo shipdeon
ganjeolhaesdeon shiganeul
nan dashi saenggakhae
da jinagan hannat chueok bboningeol

(i think about those desperate times
when i wanted to be like you, hang out with you
but it’s merely a memory
that’s passed by)

and can u smile...

Sungjong didn’t know when did he fall asleep but when he woke up a few minutes later, Hoya was gone.

 

“Sungjong-ah!” He heard a familiar voice calling for him. Sungjong snapped back to reality. He looked around in his lecture room but nobody was there beside him. Class had ended and he stayed just to read back some notes the lecturers had gave them.

“Sungjong.” He heard the same voice again behind him. He quickly turned. “Hoya hyung.”

“Hey.” Hoya went by to sit beside him and his arms slightly brushed Sungjong’s. “What are you doing?”

“Revisions. These things are hard, hyung.”

“No it’s not.” Hoya took the papers he had been reading and skimmed through the pages a few moments. He gave the papers back to Sungjong. “It is hard.”

“Told ya!” He snapped. “So, why did you come here? Anything important?”

“Well, yea.” Sungjong noticed Hoya’s hand playing with the wire of his purple headphone on his neck. He had come to know that Hoya always do that when he was nervous.

“You like to dance, right?”

“Urm...yea. Why?”

“The dance competition. Wanna join us?”

“Us?” Sungjong had purposely put some momentum on his voice at the word ‘us’.

“Yea, me and Dongwoo hyung. Sungyeol hyung and Myungsoo are most likely to join too. And maybe some others. I haven’t had time to really discuss the things with Dongwoo hyung yet. ”

“I...I don’t know.” He put the papers that he was reading before into his bag.

“We really need to have a crew if we want to join it.”

“I know but I’m sorry. I...”

Hoya suddenly pulled Sungjong’s hand.

“Please, Sungjong. Your hyung is begging to you right now. It has been my dream to enter the competition.”

Hoya locked eyes with Sungjong. Sungjong quickly looked away. Hoya realized that.

“I’ll... I’ll think about it.” Sungjong stood up and ran out of the door. Hoya stood there for a few moments. He was unsure why the younger ran away from him like that. Suddenly, Dongwoo came in behind the door that Sungjong had run out through.

“Hyung? Were you listening to us?”

“I saw you came in. Then I saw he came out.”

Hoya laughed. “He suddenly ran out.”

Dongwoo smirked at him. “Open your eyes and you’ll see Hoya.”

“See what?”

Dongwoo shrugged and walked out the door. Just like Sungjong did. Hoya was stunned. He looked around and found that he was alone in the class. He suddenly felt funny. If he hadn’t known better he might has thought that Sungjong walked out because he was nervous with him and Dongwoo had walked in because he was spying on them.

 

thanks for subscribing, guys! there's going to be woogyu in the next chapter..