Chapter 10 : Practice

Nothing's Over

 

Hoya stared at his phone as he waited for Sungyeol to answer.

“Hello?” Sungyeol’s voice boomed from the speaker.

“Hyung where are you?”

“At Myungsoo’s house. Why?”

“Nothing. So you two are in good terms now?”

“Yea. I can’t stay away from him.” Sungyeol laughed.

Good for you hyung...                                                

“So why’d you call me again?” Sungyeol asked when Hoya stayed quiet.

“I told you it was nothing... I’m just checking on my brother that’s all...”

“Hoya, is something wrong?” Sungyeol’s questioned.

Hoya let out a sigh. He couldn’t tell Sungyeol his problems with Dongwoo and Sungjong. His brother had enough problems tailing him already. He didn’t need to add it up.

“The dance practice. Tonight at ten, in the gym. Bring Myungsoo with you too.”

“Hurmm... Okay.”

And Hoya ended the call.

He walked to his bed and threw his phone on the side table. He turned to his side and took the pillow in between his knees and hugged it tight. He suddenly remembered Dongwoo and Sungjong didn’t know about the dance practice.

“I should really tell Sungjong and Dongwoo about the practice.”

He crawled on his bed and tried to take his phone when the pain came again. In was the same place, in the stomach. Hoya crouched over with his hands grasping the fabric of his shirt at his abdomen. He couldn’t stand and he couldn’t grab the phone to call for help.

He wanted to scream but decided against it when the pain slowly subsided. Hoya breathed slowly and pushed his body from the bed. He fell to the floor with a thud and closed his eyes as he leaned against the bed.

“It’s just an eating disorder ... Nothing else...” He told himself.

 

 

“Who’s that?” Myungsoo asked as he put on his coat by the door.

“Hoya. He said there’s a dance practice tonight. We should really go; we’ve been skipping his classes for two days now.”

“Sure. Right after we have our dinner. Come on, where’s your coat? We’re going to be late!” Myungsoo slipped on his shoes and opened the door.

Sungyeol took his jacket and followed Myungsoo out the door. He couldn’t forget his conversation with Hoya earlier. He knew his brother was hiding something and it bothered him. He took a mental note to ask about his problems later.

For now, he’s going to enjoy his time with Myungsoo.

 

Sungjong looked at his phone. It was 9:45 PM. He was early, he knew that. He intentionally came early so he wouldn’t see Hoya or Dongwoo alone. Even the incident that morning was a big slap on him because he loved Hoya so much. He had decided that he would not let Hoya go easily. He would fight for him.

When he neared the gym he heard a familiar music. He opened the door and saw Hoya dancing passionately, alone.

Hoya turned when he heard the sound of the door being opened.

“Oh, Sungjong. You’re early.”

Sungjong nodded and went beside him. “Teach me the new dance moves,” he said, more like demanded.

Hoya glanced at the younger because of the tone he used on him. He figured Sungjong must still be angry for some reasons. He pushed the thoughts aside and began dancing a few steps.

Sungjong scratched his head. He liked dancing but Hoya’s moves were too fast for him to follow. “You’re too fast hyung.”

“Sorry.” He muttered. Hoya went behind Sungjong and took his right hand while his other hand straightened Sungjong’s body. “Don’t hunch,” Hoya breathed, dangerously closed to Sungjong’s ear.

He guided Sungjong with his hands but sometimes his left hand would graze Sungjong’s waist unconsciously. Sungjong felt all hairs on him stood on ends.

“Got it?” Hoya’s voice brought him back to reality. Hoya let go of him and walked to get his white towel on the floor near them.

Sungjong eyed Hoya from the corner of his eyes. He looked so hot when he’s sweating and his face flushed when he’s tired. Hoya looked at his phone. “Dongwoo’s late...” He heard Hoya said. “Everyone’s late.”

“Hyung can you show me the moves again?”

Hoya went to Sungjong and began repeating the dance he did earlier. He turned to Sungjong to ask how he was holding but suddenly two hands wrapped around his neck and he felt something soft crashed onto his lips. He opened his eyes to see that it was Sungjong kissing him.

“Sungjong stop-“Hoya turned his face away to avoid the kiss. He grabbed Sungjong’s shoulders with his hands and shook him softly. “Don’t do this.”

“Why?” The younger whispered, almost to tears.

“That was my first kiss you know. And you stole it.”

“You haven’t kissed Dongwoo hyung?”

“No.”

“Do you love Dongwoo hyung, Hoya hyung?”

“...Yes...”

Sungjong let out a small smile. He had known the fact but he just need it to come out from Hoya’s mouth. He needed to be sure. Sungjong pulled his hands from around Hoya.

“But I won’t give up, hyung...”

“Sungjong...”

“Sorry we’re late!” Two voices chanted from the door in unison. Hoya took a step back from Sungjong instantly. He smiled at Sunggyu and Woohyun that just entered.

Hoya went and hugged Sunggyu and Woohyun. He knew Sunggyu until recently but Woohyun had been his good friends since a year ago.

“Who’s this?” Woohyun raised his brows. “Cute!”

“I’m Sungjong,” He offered his hand to Woohyun but noticed that his right hand was occupied with Sunggyu’s hand. “I see...”

“I haven’t seen you recently, Sungjong. What have you been up to?”

“The usual.”

“Sorry I’m late,” Dongwoo said as he entered the gym. He glanced at Hoya and Sungjong before making his way to Woohyun and Sunggyu.

“Everybody’s here?”

“Well, except Myungsoo and Sungyeol that is...”

“Did somebody call my name?”

They glanced at the door and saw Myungsoo and Sungyeol walking in. “Now everybody’s here,” said Myungsoo.

“Good!” Hoya clapped his hands. “Start stretching.”

 

-- --

 

“When is the dance competition again?” Woohyun asked.

“In two weeks. Make that one week and five days.” Sunggyu answered and looked at Hoya to be sure. But the latter was breathing heavily with his head leaning on Sungyeol’s shoulder.

Everybody noticed that Hoya was especially tired that night.

“Hoya, are you okay?” Sungyeol asked.

“I’m okay. Don’t worry.”

“Maybe we should stop for tonight.”

“No, really, I’m okay,” Hoya assured.

“I think Dongwoo’s right,” Sunggyu added.

“Yea, okay.” Hoya finally gave in. “Hyung can you help me to go back to my room?”

Sungyeol nodded. “Sure.” He helped Hoya on his feet and glanced at Dongwoo. He had noticed the latter keep looking at Hoya since the start of the practice.

“Hoya, are you and Dongwoo hyung having problems?” He whispered so Dongwoo wouldn’t hear.

“He knew?”

“No. He’s clueless I think. I don’t know what to do.”

“Hoya, are you sure you okay now?” Woohyun asked from the door. Hoya noticed Sunggyu’s hand wrapped around his arm.

“Yea, sure. See you tomorrow.”

“Lee Sungjong! You’re coming with us!” Woohyun pulled Sungjong in a headlock and pulled the youngest of them all out of the door with Sunggyu. Dongwoo left soon after that.

Hoya was the last to leave the gym. He locked the doors since the coach had made him promised to keep the gym in a good condition along with no equipments missing or broken.

“I’ll be back soon. Myungsoo, can you wait at the car?”

Myungsoo nodded and ruffled Hoya’s hair. “Get well soon.”

“Hyung, maybe you should go. I don’t want to keep Myungsoo waiting. Someone with a face like him is prone to dangers you know.” Hoya remarked.

“Are you sure?”

            “Yea.” He waved Sungyeol goodbye and turned towards the corridor to the hostel. Somewhere along the way Hoya stumbled over his feet and almost fell. He bent over his body to put some pressure on his knees. That’s when he felt it, a hand holding his shoulder to keep him in place.

“Steady.”

“I thought you left.” Hoya said and turned to Dongwoo. He knew the voice anywhere.

“No one can take care of you better than I do.”

“Thanks.”

“Did you sort it out with Sungjong?” Dongwoo asked after some time.

Hoya nodded. Did he? What he managed was getting his first kiss stolen from him, Hoya thought.

“Sungjong... loves you. Do you know that?”

“I know and he knew I can’t return his feelings.”

Dongwoo chewed on his lower lips. “Why?”

“Don’t you get it, hyung? Do you really don’t get it?” Hoya raised his voice on the older unexpectedly. He pushed Dongwoo’s hands from his shoulder and continued walking on his own.

“Then why don’t you tell me...”

Hoya froze on his track. He felt Dongwoo approaching him.

“Because I’m not sure about your feelings. But I’m sure about mine.” Dongwoo reached for Hoya’s face and pulled Hoya’s body so he was facing him. Then he kissed him on the lips.

It was long and yet it felt so short for them. Dongwoo pulled his face away. “So why don’t you tell me, Hoya.”

“I think that explained enough.” Hoya whispered and leaned over to kiss him more.

-- --

“Sungyeol, is that you?” Myungsoo heard someone called his boyfriend’s name. He and Sungyeol turned. They were on their way back to the apartment but they decided to grab a late night supper by eating some dobokgi by the street when he heard a voice calling for Sungyeol.

“E-Eli.”

Myungsoo glanced at Sungyeol at the sound of his stammering. Eli approached them and Myungsoo noticed a girl following him with a smug face.

“What a coincidence. Two meetings in two days,” Eli remarked happily.

“Yeah. What are you doing here? Oh, hey Woori,” Sungyeol smiled at Woori but saw the girl’s eyes were trained on Myungsoo while Myungsoo was trying hard to avoid her gaze.

“Woori and I were just going to grab something to eat. You?”

“Myungsoo and I are on our way back.” Sungyeol took Myungsoo by the hand and pulled him closer. He put his hand around Myungsoo’s waist and smiled cheekily at Woori who was staring at them.

“Hi I’m Myungsoo.” He knew it was too late to introduce himself but did it nonetheless. He couldn’t keep his eyes from Eli but Sungyeol’s hand around his waist had made him secured. Eli was his first love and he knew the girl that was staring at him was the cause of them breaking up. So when Sungyeol was showing his affections in front of them Myungsoo felt that it was a sign that Sungyeol was probably over Eli now.

First love was hard to forget. He knew because Sungyeol’s his first love too.

“Hi.” Eli returned. “Anyway, we should go. Nice meeting you Myungsoo. See you later Sungyeol.”

Woori smiled at Myungsoo but the latter didn’t return his smile.

 

 

“Oppa, the guy’s beside Sungyeol is so cute!” Woori said.

“Yeah, lucky Myungsoo.” Eli sighed.

“You mean they’re...”

Eli nodded.

“Oppa, do you still love Sungyeol?”

“Do you have to ask that?”

“Do you want him back?”

Eli looked at his baby sister, startled with her question.

“Why? What are you thinking?”

“I think I want Myungsoo oppa.”

 

sorry for the late update. anyway, please comment and subscribe. i love comments. thank you.