Chapter 9: Love

Nothing's Over

 

Sunggyu woke up when he felt a movement beside him. He opened his eyes and saw that it was Woohyun, getting up from sleep. Sunggyu looked at his watch and saw that it was almost 10 in the morning. He saw Woohyun stepping out from his room and then continued his sleep. It was too early to get up.

The next time he woke up, he saw Woohyun sitting at his study table with a book in his hand and occasionally writing some things on his notepad. Sunggyu closed his eyes back. The younger didn’t even pay attention to him.

Suddenly he felt something hit his head. Sunggyu opened his eyes and realized that it was an eraser. He looked at Woohyun. “What was that for?”

“For not waking up. Come on, I’ll teach you biology today.” Woohyun began rummaging through his books on the table. He saw Sunggyu turning away and going to sleep again.

Woohyun jumped into the bed and pulled Sunggyu’s shoulder. “Wake up, Sunggyu.”

Sunggyu closed his eyes and pretended to be asleep. It wasn’t like he didn’t want to study but he knew Woohyun would be mad and what better time to play with the younger if not when he was mad.

“Yah, wake up before my dad comes in.”                                 

Sunggyu instantly opened his eyes. He knew then that Woohyun had made a fool out of him. He blamed himself for trusting the younger. Sunggyu rubbed his temple. He looked at Woohyun who was smiling cheekily and he suddenly remembered the kiss yesterday.

“Yesterday... What was the kiss about?”

Woohyun flinched. “Nothing.”

“Oh...” Sunggyu felt his heart clenched and burn.

Woohyun looked at Sunggyu. The older looked disappointed. “Yea, you were feeling down so I...”

“I understand.” Sunggyu got out from the bed and grabbed his bag. He opened the door, ready to leave when he felt someone holding his arm tightly. It was his bandaged hand so Sunggyu was drawn back into the room. He turned at Woohyun. The younger was looking at him straight in the eye.

“Close the door.” Woohyun ordered.

Sunggyu didn’t know why he listened but he closed the door with his free hand. Then suddenly Woohyun yanked his hand and pushed him roughly on the wall. The bag fell from his grip to the floor between his legs and Woohyun’s.

Sunggyu cringed at the sudden force of his hand hitting the wall. He fell to his knees.

“Yah, that hurts!” He shouted. “And why would you even closed the door!” he muttered after that.

Woohyun got to his knees and pulled Sunggyu’s bandaged hands softly. “For this...” And he closed in for a quick peck on Sunggyu’s lips. Then he looked at Sunggyu. The older wasn’t moving, probably because he didn’t expect the kiss. His hand moved behind Sunggyu’s neck and this time he pulled Sunggyu for another kiss. A longer and more intimate one.

Sunggyu grabbed Woohyun’s shoulder for support as he felt Woohyun’s soft lips on his. He closed his eyes as Woohyun’s lips travelled to his cheek.

“I...Love... You...” Woohyun whispered.

“I love you too.”

Woohyun pulled back and cupped Sunggyu’s face with both his hands. “Since when?”

“Since yesterday.”

Woohyun laughed. “That’s late.”

Sunggyu only chuckled at that. “You?”

“A long time ago. I saw you talking to Dongwoo at the cafeteria. I didn’t know we would be in the same Science group.”

“Then what’s with the bratty attitude. I thought you hate me?” He pushed Woohyun’s hands away.

“I did. And I still am. I’m just jealous. I mean with you and the girls.”

Sunggyu laughed. “No need to be jealous now!”

Suddenly there was a knock on the door. Woohyun scrambled to his feet and motioned Sunggyu to keep quiet by making a hand sign with his index finger to his lips. Sunggyu nodded and put his hands over his mouth.

Woohyun opened the door and breathed. “Dad.”

“Where’s your friend?”

“Sunggyu is... still sleeping.”

“Can you please wake him up? Tell him to take a bath then I want to talk to him.”

“Why?” asked Woohyun. The idea of his father talking to Sunggyu didn’t sound at all good to him.

“You don’t need to know. Hurry, I’ll be waiting at the living room.” Sunggyu heard footsteps faded at the corridor. He finally stood up when Woohyun closed the door. “So, where do I take my bath?”

“Don’t go.” Woohyun pulled Sunggyu's hands softly.

“Your dad wants to talk to me, I can’t just leave. Besides, what’s the worst that can happen, right?”

“I don’t know...”

“Relax, Woohyun. I can do this.”

Woohyun exhaled slowly. He finally nodded. “Yeah, okay. Go take your shower.” He let go of Sunggyu’s hand to find an extra towel for him in his cupboard.”Here.” He handed the towel.

“Wanna join?” Sunggyu raised his brows. His mischievousness surprised Woohyun as the younger’s jaw dropped open.

“I already bathed!” Woohyun punched his shoulder lightly before the room erupted with the laughter of them both.

 

“So Sunggyu, right?”

“Yes, sir.” He nodded. He didn’t dare to raise his eyes to meet the man.

“I believe my son told you about everything?”

Sunggyu hesitated but nodded nevertheless.

“He told you about his sister, my stepdaughter?”

Sunggyu looked at him. He knew Woohyun had a sister, not a stepsister. He left that part out when he told about his family.

“I guess not. Yes, Woohyun had always insisted that she was his sister instead of his stepsister. It’s his way of trying to get over the fact that his mom left him. He had always been a lonely kid. So I was surprised when he befriended you.”

“I’m sorry for yesterday. My anger got the best of me. You see, I’m an educator. My son’s education is important to me. And to know that he skipped class was not something for me to just brush it away.”

“I know sir but you can’t... raise your hands on him. I’m sorry for saying this. He’s 20 years old, a grown up and his grades are good, trust me! He’s been tutoring him and Woohyun’s a really... good friend.”

“Just... Be by his side. I think... he’s lonely, that son of mine.”

Sunggyu nodded before he stood up. He bowed to the older man and then made his way back to Woohyun’s room. He exhaled slowly. That went better than he had expected.

“How did it go?”

“Okay, I guess. You didn’t tell me you had a stepsister?”

“Had! Past tense.”

“No. You told me it’s your sister. When I said to tell me about your family, I want the truth, Woohyun.”

“What’s the difference?”

“Just tell me the truth. I just want you to be honest with me.”

“Okay.” Woohyun nodded.

 

 

Hoya woke up when he heard the sound of someone knocking on his door. He sat on the bed and looked at Dongwoo’s sleeping face for a second before went to open the door.

“Yes, what do you...? Sungjong!”

“You said there’s a morning practice today. I waited at the gym for almost an hour hyung!” Sungjong whined.

Hoya peeked at Dongwoo on the bed. He saw the older opening his eyes and looking at him sheepishly.

“Hoya, who’s that?” Dongwoo murmured but was loud enough for Sungjong to hear behind the door.

Sungjong pushed his way in and saw Dongwoo on Hoya’s bed. He felt his heart hurting.

Dongwoo immediately sat up on the bed. He looked at Hoya and Sungjong back and forth.

“No, Sungjong. Dongwoo hyung was just...”

“I’ll wait at the gym.” Sungjong said as he walked out from the room, his head hung down so Hoya wouldn’t see the tears that were beginning to form.

In the room, only dead silence filled the atmosphere. Hoya didn’t know why he tried to explain himself to Sungjong. He didn’t know why he felt bad doing this to Sungjong. He saw Dongwoo getting up and grabbing his bag. The older took his sweater and in a minute, Dongwoo was gone.

When Hoya reached the gym later, he saw Sungjong waiting for him alone. He didn’t see Dongwoo anywhere. He went to Sungjong. That was when he realized that the younger’s eyes were red. Like he had been crying.

“Sungjong, what happened?” He didn’t know why he asked the question. Deep down inside, he knew the reasons.

“Nothing.” Sungjong hid his face from Hoya. “Dongwoo hyung was here but he left and I’m... I don’t think I’m in the mood for practice.”

Hoya looked at the younger’s firm back as he left the gym. He turned his attention to the window in the gym and saw some students hanging out together at the park. Hoya let out a sigh.

What has he got himself into?

 

i wrote woogyu fluff!