Chapter 3 : Unrequited Love

Nothing's Over

0 message received.

 

Myungsoo let out a sigh. He should really stop staring at his phone. Myungsoo threw his phone into his bag and continue walking behind the counter. They were so many people at the cafe that day. Probably because it’s raining outside and it was lunch time. He was wearing a full attire of a waiter. Maybe because it was his job after all. The attire felt comfortable and it was his second day working there after Sungyeol broke up with him.

Since Sungyeol moved out, he had to pay the rent himself. He decided he need to take a job at the cafe near his college. The pay was handsome and all he had to do was to ask orders and serve customers.

“One Americano, please,” Myungsoo looked around. There was no one behind the counter and the customer was looking at him.

“Me?” he pointed to himself.

“Yes.” Said the customer. “One Americano please. Can you please hurry?”

Myungsoo nodded and made a Americano. Nobody really taught him how to do it but since he’s a fast learner and saw some other workers did it couple of times, he could do it easily.

“How is it here?” Someone tapped him on the shoulder. Myungsoo turned around and saw that it was his boss.

“Okay,” he answered. It was the first time he talked to the man. He had heard from some of his colleague that he rarely got out of his office at the back of the cafe. But once in a while, he would come out and did some surveillance.

The man smiled back at him. “You can take your lunch. I’ll tell someone to take your place.”

“T-Thank you, sir,” he bowed to the man before taking off his hat. He made himself a cup of Americano and sat at one of the tables beside the window. Myungsoo looked at the view of the outside of the cafe. Since it was raining, most of the people had their umbrellas up. He smelled his Americano. It smelt nice. It smelt like Sungyeol.

 

Americano, joha, joha, joha...

 

Sungyeol often sang that verse every time he had his Americano. Myungsoo never got tired of it. He liked it although Sungyeol may not have the sweetest voice ever. He had cried then, when Sungyeol left their -his apartment. The next day, Sungyeol’s things were gone. Myungsoo decided that he should move on. He knew it’ll be hard, be he will still try. And after two days, it was not really that bad. Maybe after a week, he can find a new person to fill the gap in his heart. Maybe.

Myungsoo felt a warm liquid streamed down his cheeks. He quickly brushed it away.

 Damn, I’m crying again!

He saw a friend of him walking towards his table. Myungsoo quickly pushed the cup of Americano to his face to hide his tears that were still flowing. He thought his friend would just walk away but he pulled the chair apposite to him and sat down. Myungsoo drank half of the bitter Americano just to show that he was okay.

“You’re doing it again,” said his friend.

Myungsoo stopped drinking at that and placed the cup on the table. However his hand was still holding the hot cup. “What do you mean?”

“Staring blankly at some direction. And... Crying.”

Myungsoo laughed the statement away. He had known the man in front of him for almost a year. He was the one that got him a place in the cafe after all.

“Kiseop-ah, don’t make me laugh.”

Kiseop stared at him. “At least you’re laughing now.” He took the Americano from Myungsoo and drank a few sips. “You know these things are not good for your health.”

“And yet you’re drinking my Americano.”Myungsoo remarked. He stared at the people walking outside. A small girl fell by the road side and Myungsoo moved slightly. He felt like helping the girl when he saw her mother approaching her from behind. The woman brushed the wet dirt at the girl’s knees and blew at the girl’s hands a couple of times. He smiled. He knew parents always do things like that as a sign that the wound would heal soon. Sungyeol always did things like that to him. Sungyeol... and his choding. I miss him...

Myungsoo felt Kiseop’s gaze on him. He knew how the letter felt. He may be a quiet and demure person but because of that, he was quick on sensing people’s change of behaviour. He realized Kisoep’s change of behaviour when he found out that he and Sungyeol had broke up.

“Let’s hang out tonight. I know a club where-“

“No, I’m hanging out in my apartment tonight.”Myungsoo stood up and took the Americano from Kiseop’s hand. He glance at Kisoep’s hurt expression a second. He knew he may have upset Kiseop’s feelings with his treatment but he was not ready to let anyone replace Sungyeol yet. Not just yet. He just realized that. The two days that passed was not easy as he had thought.

 

His work that day had finally ended. Myungsoo opened the front door to his apartment and the lights of the living room. He threw his bag at the couch and reached for the remote.

Usually this late at night there was not any interesting programme to watch at all but he was too bored to do anything. He didn’t lie to Kiseop. His idea of ‘hanging out’ in his apartment was being bored with nothing to do.

Suddenly his apartment bell rang. Who could it be?

Myungsoo looked through the peephole at was startled to see that it was Kiseop. He opened the door. Kiseop was still in his clothes that Myungsoo recognize before he left the cafe. He was... drenched.

“Kiseop...”

Kiseop shoved his hands into the jacket pockets. “I...I was planning on going to the club but it suddenly rained and since your apartment is near...”

Myungsoo looked at Kiseop. He was wet from top to bottom.

“Kiseop, please-come in.”

 

 

 

Myungsoo woke up the next morning when he felt a movement beside him. Sungyeol?

He opened to eyes and saw that it was Kiseop. Both of them had fell asleep at the couch after watching the movie on the television last night. He tried to stand up but realized that Kiseop’s hands were curled around his left arm. Myungsoo rested his head back on the couch. He did not know what to make out of this man.

They had met at a class music he attended with Sungyeol one year ago. But since Sungyeol had preferred acting, he stopped attending the class. The next day, when he was coming into the class without Sungyeol for the first time, Kiseop had talked to him and sat next to him. He acknowledged that Kiseop wanted to be his friend since they were always hanging out together during lunch. But when Sungyeol would pick him up after the class, Kiseop would always wave at him and walked away. Myungsoo also noticed Sungyeol’s suspicious glance at the other man. It actually took him some time to realize what was going on between the two men.

Myungsoo had always considered himself lucky for having the two of them in his life. They were one year older than him but he had the privileged of calling them by the first name. It had made him to feel more comfortable with them.

Kiseop’s sudden movement brought him back to reality. The older man yawned and turned to the other way around and continued his sleep, letting go of Myungsoo’s hand. Myungsoo went into his room and had a shower. Fortunately his class that day will be in the afternoon and since he worked only on Mondays, Wednesdays and the weekends, he had free time till the afternoon.

Myungsoo had a hot shower. The feel of the hot water streaming down his body felt nice. He never had any shower with Sungyeol. Should he? Myungsoo shook his head. It’s not like there will be any chance of that now, he said to himself. He had heard rumours of gay couples had and had shower together in his college. But neither he nor Sungyeol had brought up anything related to . They were friends for four years and a couple more than a year. He assumed because their friends period was longer, they had not said about anything private and deep like that. Neither of them wanted to put their friendship at stake by doing so.

Myungsoo dressed himself in his usual and comfortable clothes after he had his shower. He looked at his watch and it was eight o clock in the morning. He was early. Early than usual anyway. When he went to his living room, Kiseop was not on the couch. I guess he left, he said to himself.

But then he saw the older man standing by the balcony. He had his back on Myungsoo and his arms crossed in front of him. Myungsoo smelt coffee from the kitchen.”You made coffee?”

Kiseop turned and smiled at him. “Yea.” He put his right hand behind his neck and rubbed it. He suddenly looked awkward. “I... I should be going now. I’ll return your clothes later,” said Kiseop.

Because he was soaking wet the night before, Myungsoo had offered him his black sweater with a big L.Kim in the front and his trousers. He had like the sweater but since he was too lazy to search in his wardrobe, he had offered his favourite sweater to the older man. “Yea.”

Kiseop gave him one last nod before he was gone from the door. Myungsoo went to the kitchen and saw a mug of coffee on the table. Kiseop had made coffee only for him. Myungsoo suddenly smiled. L.Kim. It had been his nickname during his first year in the college. He didn’t remember who had invented it but he had liked it. Myungsoo took the mug in his hands and realized that it was still hot.

 

 

Sungyeol got out from his car and cursed silently to himself. He entered the building and stopped in front of the elevator. He had an important appointment with the doctor that day but had left his medical records in his apartment. No, Myungsoo’s apartment. He pushed the button that had an arrow direction up.

He did not want to come to the apartment again because he knew there was a big chance of him meeting Myungsoo. And what could be worse than meeting the one you love when you wanted to forget the love? However it was still early in the morning and Myungsoo probably had not waked up yet. He knew what a heavy sleeper he was. Easy to sleep and hard to wake up. Sungyeol smiled to himself as the elevator suddenly opened. A crowd of people stormed out of the elevator and Sungyeol had just enough time to notice a very familiar sweater. Myungsoo’s sweater. He was sure he was not mistaken because he saw the big L.Kim on the front of the sweater.

He had let everyone behind him filled the elevator as he stared at the back of the man. The man suddenly looked familiar. It’s the Kiseop guy from his music class... What is he doing here? Wearing Myungsoo’s sweater!

Sungyeol entered the elevator. He suddenly felt on edge.

Why am i like this? Am I angry? Damn right i am!

The elevator stopped at Myungsoo’s floor and he stepped out of the elevator. The door closed behind him.

 Did they spend the night together?

Sungyeol stopped in front of Myungsoo’s apartment door. He turned the knob and was not surprise to find it unlocked. Myungsoo and his carelessness!

Just as he entered the house, Sungyeol heard the sound of something broken from the kitchen. He ran to direction and found a crouching Myungsoo. On the floor were broken pieces of what seemed like a mug and a light chocolate liquid was spilled over the floor.

Myungsoo looked up when he sensed someone else’s presence. “Su-Sungyeol...”

Sungyeol stared at him but soon realized that Myungsoo’s hand was bleeding.

Myungsoo realized the older man’s gaze to his right hand and quickly hide his hand behind him. “The coffee... was hot.”

Sungyeol looked at him and decided he should help the younger man. He took off his coat and walked to Myungsoo, careful to not step on the shreds of glasses. He took Myungsoo’s bleeding hand and pulled him to the direction of the sink. He cleaned the bleeding hand with the water. He had felt the younger’s hand stiffened when the water hit the wound on the fingers. He suddenly felt sorry. Just because he was angry at him he should not take the advantage to the wounded Myungsoo. But he pushed the feeling far away when Myungsoo relaxed.

With Myungsoo’s body beside him, Sungyeol suddenly felt warm. They were very close since he had pulled the younger close to him to clean the cuts. He had his eyes focused on Myungsoo’s hand but had felt Myungsoo’s eyes trained on him. Sungyeol bit his lower lip slightly, just what he always do when he was nervous.

He had felt Myungsoo smiled at that. But Sungyeol focused on his hand. His hand was so delicate and... Small. It had felt so long since he had last hold those hands. It suddenly dawned on him that he was pulling Myungsoo closer and back to him with this treatment. He wanted to leave. Right there, right then, but Myungsoo needed his help.

When the blood had stopped, he opened one of the drawers and pulled the first aid kit out. Without any words, he pulled the younger to the couch and cleaned his hand with the antiseptic harshly. Sungyeol heard the younger murmured something in pain.

When he put the plaster on his fingers, the smell of coffee was finally clear to his nose. “I thought you didn’t know how to make coffee.”

“I... learned.”

“Learn?”

“Yea, i... got a job... at a cafe.”

“Job?”

“Kiseop helped me. I needed money to pay the rent.”

The image of the Kiseop guy wearing Myungsoo’s sweater flashed in his mind. He suddenly felt annoyed. “Done.” He pushed Myungsoo’s hand from his lap and went into their used-to-be room.

He had remembered he had put the records in one of the drawers of Myungsoo’s study table. He stopped when he saw the picture frame of him and Myungsoo on the table. The picture frame used to be by the side table of the bed.

He unexpectedly felt hurt. Did Myungsoo try to remove the picture from the bed? Was Myungsoo trying to forget about me?

He immediately continued searching when he realized Myungsoo had came in the room. Sungyeol found the records and turned to see Myungsoo also staring at the picture frame. He pushed passed the younger at the door of their room but suddenly felt a strong grip on his wrist. Myungsoo was holding on to his wrist tightly and the younger was looking at him pleadingly.

“Myungsoo...”

“I missed you... so much...”

“We broke up.”

“I know... but I wasn’t ready to let you go. Tell me now. If you really tell me to forget about you now... i might... try harder after this. There are actually people... waiting...”

Sungyeol had the image of Kiseop in his head again. He looked at Myungsoo. He looked confused and lost. How shouldn’t he. He had pushed him so suddenly when he knew that neither one of them wanted the separation. Even when Myungsoo was holding his hand tightly, he liked it. Any sense of touch from him Sungyeol had liked.

When Myungsoo’s grip on him suddenly loosened, Sungyeol panicked. Myungsoo let go of his hand. “I...” he tried to talk but was silenced by Myungsoo’s next action.

“Tell me... Yeol...” He walked to Sungyeol and pulled him into a hug. “Tell me because I... love you...too much.” Myungsoo whispered.

The medical records in his hand fell to the floor. He knew it was bad choice to come to the apartment. “Myungsoo...” Sungyeol pulled Myungsoo tighter into the hug. “I... love you too.”

 

 

“Dance competition?”

Dongwoo nodded. “Yea, it’s in two weeks.”

Hoya took the poster from Dongwoo’s hand. “We don’t have the time! Besides, you have to have a crew of more than four students to enter. It’s just the both of us...”

“We can ask your brother to join. And Myungsoo.”

Hoya waved his hand away at that. He sat beside Dongwoo on the bench. “That only makes it four. We need another one, hyung...” said Hoya. He liked dancing and even more when there was competition like this. But it was impossible to gather a crew in just two weeks.

“Well...” Dongwoo continued. “There’s always... Sungjong.”

Hoya laughed, “I don’t think he’ll be interested. He’s more into girl group dance.”

“You can try asking him.”

“Yea, okay.”

“Dongwoo!” they heard somebody calling Dongwoo. Sunggyu ran towards them. He was panting. “Hye, Hoya,” he greeted.

Hoya nodded. Sunggyu suddenly sat beside him, still panting. “Have... Have you seen Woohyun?”

Hoya and Dongwoo exchanged glances. “No, Hoya and I had been sitting here and we didn’t see him at all.”

He heard Sunggyu cursing under his heavy breathing.

“Why are you looking for him?” asked Hoya. It was his first time talking to Sunggyu and since the older had greeted him pleasantly before, he felt slightly comfortable with him now.

“I was going to study...”

“You’re going to study?” Dongwoo interrupted. Hoya laughed when Sunggyu was throwing daggers at Dongwoo. The letter quickly put his hand over his mouth.

“As I was saying, I was going to study and have him as my tutor. But he suddenly ran away from me.”

“Why are you choosing him of all people? I mean i know he’s a genius and all but there are plenty of other girls out there that would offer you their time to teach you.” Dongwoo pointed his chin to the girls around the park that were looking at them. They had become quite the view in the park. The college’s Casanova, Dance Machine and Rapper hanging out together.

Sunggyu looked around and waved his hands to some of the girls. He flashed his killer smile and his invisible eye smile.

“Yea, why Woohyun hyung?” Hoya butted in.

“Because he was fun to be with,” Sunggyu answered.

“Why?”

“Because he’s gay.” Sunggyu’s answer silenced Hoya and Dongwoo immediately.

Hoya noticed Dongwoo beside him looking away suddenly and then he was suddenly tying his already tied Converse sneakers.

Hoya turned to Sunggyu. “How do you know?”

“He tensed up every time I tried approaching him. It was like a cat and mouse game. I’m the cat, he’s the mouse. You can easily see if someone is gay or not.”

“How?” Hoya was suddenly interested. Dongwoo stopped trying to tie him shoelaces but he was still bending over his knees.

“You just know.” He raised his eyebrows at Hoya and pointed to Dongwoo with his pouting lips.

Hoya raised his eyebrows and mouthed “Really?”

Sunggyu nodded. He patted Hoya on his back. “Bye, Dongwoo. If you see Woohyun, don’t tell him I’m looking for him, okay?”

Sunggyu waved Hoya goodbye. Dongwoo was ‘done’ tying his shoelaces and looked at Sunggyu who was running back towards the direction of the cafe.

“What do you think he mean by that?” said Hoya.

Dongwoo shrugged. “I don’t know. So, are you in or not?”

Hoya was contemplating the benefits of the competition on him. He finally concluded.

“Sure, at least we can spend some time together.”

 

OKAY, THAT'S CHAPTER 3.. TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT IT, OKAY? 

L FINALLY COME OUT AND MY FAVE OTP MYUNGYEOL!

I WAS PLANNING ON A  LIL TWIST FOR MAYBE THE NEXT CHAP OR THE CHAP AFTER THAT... 

A LIL TWIST ABOUT SUNGYEOL'S DISEASE...

PLEASE SUBSCRIBE! AND THANKS FOR THE 16 SUBSCRIBERS LOL.. YOU MADE MY DAY...

and... oh yeah! no silent reading please~~~

 

P/S- I'M SO SAD THAT 2 OF THE DOGS OF INFINITE ALREADY HAVE PEOPLE ADOPTING THEM... BUT THEN I SAW THEM IN YOUNHA'S RADIO STARRY NIGHT AND SAW ALL THREE OF THE DOGS! BUT L WASN'T THERE, I GUESS HE'S PROBABLY BUSY FOR SHUT UP FLOWER BOY BAND SHOOTING..

INFINITE ALSO WON AWARD AT THE GOLDEN DISK AWARD! I THINK-LOL... CONGRATS ANYWAY..