Chapter 8 : Crush

Nothing's Over

 

“Does it still hurt?” Woohyun looked at him from the book. It was 2 o’clock in the morning and Sunggyu had decided to sleep in his house after he begged him to. It was the only thing he could do for his father’s actions.

Woohyun had thought that the older had fallen asleep but when Sunggyu the bed, facing him who was reading a book, he saw that the older had his eyes opened.

Sunggyu shook his head. 

The room was dim. The only light source was the table lamp Woohyun had used to read. Woohyun looked at the book in his hands again but when Sunggyu kept staring at him, he felt uncomfortable. His gaze ran to the older. “Stop staring at me.”

“Do you always sleep late? It’s almost two, you know?”

“Do you? It’s almost two you know.” He repeated with the same tone Sunggyu had used on him.

When Sunggyu didn’t reply, Woohyun suddenly felt bad. “Since the bed is small and you have to get enough rest, I don’t have anywhere to sleep.”

Sunggyu’s eyes went wide and he was suddenly up. He looked to his right. He hadn’t considered the size of the bed when he lied there just before. Sunggyu shifted to the right side of the bed, just by the wall and patted on the bed to his left. “You can sleep here. Sorry, I didn’t mean to be a burden to you.”

“You’re not.”

Sunggyu rested his head on the pillow back and pulled the comforter over his head. Seeing the older already planning to sleep, Woohyun went to the space Sunggyu had prepared for him and lie there.

He closed his eyes but opened it seconds later. He couldn’t sleep. Not with Sunggyu by his side. He knew Sunggyu hadn’t fallen asleep too. He knew Sunggyu was just pretending because he could feel Sunggyu’s body tensed. When people sleep, they eventually become relax and their breathing was also steady.

Sunggyu’s hitched.

Slowly, Woohyun pulled the comforter off of Sunggyu’s face. His eyes were closed.

“Stop pretending. I know you’re not asleep.”

Sunggyu opened his eyes and looked straight into Woohyun. Their faces were only inches away from each other.

“Gee, I don’t know how many times more I should say this but thank you.”

“Don’t mention it. Your dad... scared the hell out of me though.”

Woohyun laughed. “It’s good that it’s you arm that was hurt. If your face has a large cut across it, I don’t know how I can answer to your girlfriends.”

“They don’t care. They only want the money.”

Woohyun furrowed. “You knew?”

“Of course I know. It’s okay, it’s not my money. It’s my parent’s.”

Woohyun laughed again. “How can you say that so easily? It’s still money. You can buy thousands of other things with the money you spent on your girlfriends. I mean... you can get scholarships, do you own business and you don’t have to work!”

“My parents can’t give me love or attention. They give me money. So it’s really up to me to spend it with how many ways I want. Nobody really care about me, Woohyun. I’m the college’s Casanova. Only that. My presence is nothing.”

“I care about you,” The words blurted out of Woohyun’s mouth.

Sunggyu only smirked at that. “Don’t try to make me feel better. It won’t work.”

Sunggyu closed his eyes. All these time, what he had been showing everyone was a character that he created for himself. He was nobody at home but he wanted to be somebody in his college. That was his only way of expressing his loneliness and disappointment about his family matter.

When he got tonnes of girls, Sunggyu felt happy although he knew it was the money. But he never thought the cut in his heart could get any deeper when it actually did. None of the girls ever asked about his family or his background. They only care that he was filthy rich. It sickened him. Because... it proved that even at home or at college, nobody really care about him.

Suddenly, Sunggyu felt a hand brushed the tear from the corner of his eye. He didn’t realize that he was crying. He opened his eyes and his gaze met with Woohyun’s. Sunggyu bit back his lower lip at the sudden intimacy.

Woohyun’s hand travelled from his eyes, down to his nose and stopped at his lips. Slowly, he moved his face towards Sunggyu and kissed him.

It was short. Like five seconds or less but it was comforting for Sunggyu. Woohyun pulled Sunggyu into his arms and muttered a good night before he fell asleep. A moment later, Sunggyu also fell asleep.

 

 

Sungyeol walked in the apartment and saw Myungsoo sleeping on the couch. The television was showing the last channel that Myungsoo was watching, a music show. Sungyeol locked the door and went to the couch.

A smile quickly spread across his face when he saw that Myungsoo was holding a picture frame of them in his hands, the same picture that he saw on his table a few days before. The light from the television illuminated Myungsoo’s face, making he looked even more handsome that he actually was.

A lock of hair tumbled over his forehead and Sungyeol unconsciously pushed it back softly. He didn’t want to wake him up.

Sungyeol went to the kitchen to have a glass of water. That was when he remembered his meeting with his long lost friend at the hospital, to be precise, his long time crush.

Eli.

“What are you doing here?” Eli had asked.

“I’m... Just taking the monthly check up I guess.” There goes another lie. “You?”

“My sister, she’s not feeling very well. You remember her right? Woori?”

Sungyeol nodded. How could he forget? The girl that was totally against his relationship with Eli at the first place. It was because of her the thing between him and Eli never worked out.

Suddenly, Woori appeared out of nowhere. The moment she saw Sungyeol, her smile died.

Speak of the devil.

“Woori, you remember Sungyeol right?”

Woori simply nodded. She looked uninterested. “Oppa, let’s go home.” She pulled Eli’s sleeve.

“I have to go.” Eli waved him goodbye and followed Woori to the corner but suddenly he stopped and walked back to Sungyeol.

“Sungyeol, I...” He pulled Sungyeol to a tight hug. “I miss you...”

Sungyeol was startled so he didn’t even return it. Eli looked a little disappointed.

“Yeol?”

Sungyeol looked at Myungsoo at the couch. He was still woozy from the sleep. He didn’t notice that Myungsoo had woken up. He shed a small smile to him.

Myungsoo knew about Eli and Woori. He also knew that Eli was once an important character in his life. Sungyeol didn’t think he should tell Myungsoo about his meeting with Eli today. Eli was his past. Myungsoo was present. Myungsoo was what he cared about now.

Myungsoo took the glass of water from his hand and drank it. He refilled it and gave it to Sungyeol. Sungyeol smiled. He always liked that Myungsoo always pretended that he was thoughtless when he wasn’t. It’s cute.

“So... Did anything happen today when you’re at home?” Sungyeol started. He took Myungsoo’s hand.

Myungsoo flinched.

“Nothing really. You?”

He couldn’t tell him about Eli. “The same.”

Myungsoo pulled his hand away when he noticed that Sungyeol smelt like medicine. Like doctors. Like hospital. He frowned. “Why do you smell like the hospital?”

Myungsoo could detect the smell from a mile away. He had spent most time of his childhood in the hospital when his father was sick and he had hated the smell most from everything.

“Yea... I went there this evening after class.”

”Is everything okay?”

“Yeah, of course.”

“Good. You scared me there.” Myungsoo hugged him tightly. Sungyeol hugged him back and closed his eyes.

He didn’t know how any longer he could lie to Myungsoo. He did the test at the hospital yesterday and they even made him come there again today. Sungyeol was scared. One lie will lead to another. He lied about his disease and then about Eli.

How many more lies should he tell before Myungsoo found out about everything?

 

comment and subscribe.

read my other fic too. <--- click