Chapter 12 : Hurt

Nothing's Over

 

“How is he, doctor?” asked Dongwoo as soon as he entered the office        

The doctor smiled reassuringly and motioned him to the chair. Dongwoo hesitated. He wanted to know about Hoya. He didn’t have time for sitting around!

“Don’t worry. Sit down, Mr. Jang,” the doctor said as if knowing his thoughts.

Dongwoo did as told.

“Mr. Lee is okay but he needs plenty of rest. Is he eating okay?”

“I don’t think so. We’re competing in a dance competition and he had been pushing himself I think. He’s having a lot of stomach ache recently too but never this bad.”

“I understand. We’ve collected his blood sample to see if there’s maybe an infection. Lee Howon-shii came here three weeks ago with his brother to do some tests.”

“Lee Sungyeol?”

“Yeah, his result came out good but not his brother.”

“What do you mean?”

“Lee Sungyeol was diagnosed with cancer.”

The doctor’s words resounded in Dongwoo’s head as he entered the ward. He crept slowly to Hoya’s bed so he would not disturb the other patients. The latter was still sleeping soundly. Dongwoo sat at a chair by his bed and softly held onto Hoya’s hand.

“Don’t scare me like that, idiot!”

“Who are you calling an idiot?”

Dongwoo’s face sprang up. Hoya was awake? And he even heard what he said?

“Sorry.”

“You’re supposed to be holding my hand, saying something sweet or crying for me. Not saying I’m an idiot.”

“Those are cheap soap operas. And you’re not even in your death bed. I’m just glad that you’re awake, okay?” Dongwoo defended.

“I told you I’m okay.”

“You didn’t tell me about Sungyeol. I know about his cancer.”

Hoya flinched. “He said not to tell anyone.”

“Does Myungsoo know?”

“...No...”

“Poor Myungsoo. I don’t know how he’ll react if he found out. I mean, knowing someone you love diagnosed with cancer.”

“That’s why he told me not to tell anyone. Can you keep the secret?”

Dongwoo nodded. “At least you’re fine.”

 

 

The next day...

 

Myungsoo sat back on the counter as he watched Kiseop trying to settle with the troublemakers in the cafe. They had come in early in the morning even before it was his shift and never left their place since. The cafe was closing in for the night but they were still chatting their way in through the cups of caffeine on their table.

He decided to help Kiseop and walked to him just as one of the troublemakers shoved Kiseop and bumped into him. “What part of leave don’t you understand?” Myungsoo barked as he helped Kiseop.

“Hyung?” The bells by the door chimed as a figure walked in.

Myungsoo saw Sungjong standing not far from them. He was about to tell Sungjong to wait for him outside when he noticed Sungjong’s face. He looked scared, almost panicked.

“Fancy meeting you here,” One of the troublemakers voiced.

Sungjong took a step back. “Joon hyung, Cheondoong hyung...”

Sensing Sungjong’s discomfort, Myungsoo walked to the younger and stood in front of him, blocking his view from the troublemakers. “You guys should leave before I call the police.”

The troublemakers left at the mentioned of police.

“Are you okay?” Myungsoo held Sungjong’s arms in his hands as he led the younger to sit at a chair. The younger was trembling. He remembered what Sungyeol had told him about the attack at Sungjong’s house. Those men must be them.

“It’s okay. I’m here,” he ruffled Sungjong’s hair and noticed the younger relaxed slightly. “So what are you doing here? Are you looking for me?”

“Sungyeol hyung called me. He said he got a bad feeling so he tried calling everyone he knew. And he couldn’t get to you. So, I said I’ll check on you.”

“Oh, I left my phone in the bag. Wait here while I inform him I’m alright.” Myungsoo said and stood up. He couldn’t hide his blushing face. Silly Sungyeol, he was always so cautious over him. But he felt glad that his boyfriend was worrying about him although it was over nothing.

“Hello, Yeollie?”

“Finally, where have you been? I’ve been trying to reach you!”

Myungsoo laughed. “I’m okay. Nothing happen and Sungjong is here too.”

Sungyeol let out long sigh. “That’s good. I’m on my way back. See you at home.”

“Bye. And Yeol?”

“Yes?”

“I love you.”

“I love you too, Myungsoo.”

 

A smile escaped his lips as he walked past the parking lot. Jeez, his boyfriend always made him worry. Sometimes he wished Myungsoo wasn’t so handsome and cute. Because if that’s the case, he would not catch so many attentions from boys and girls around him and it hurt Sungyeol to think that Myungsoo can be stolen away from him.

Sometimes he wished they could disappear and go somewhere nobody know them. Somewhere where no one would try to break them apart.

And Sungyeol can have him all by himself.

He opened the car door by the driver side and threw his bag in on the other side. He turned his head when he heard a noise behind him in the quiet and vacant parking lot but there was no one besides him.

He ignored his suspicious feeling and turned back to the car.

“Stupid sensitive air,” he muttered to himself.

Sungyeol the engine to keep the car warm up before he drive and went to the backseat to take some of his assignment paper. He closed the door when he heard the noise again. He turned just as he felt a hand on his shoulder. He pushed the hand away reflexively.

“Hey, hey! It’s me, Eli.”

“Eli! I thought... I’m sorry. You... You scared me there.” Sungyeol was puffing as he spoke. He was really scared because he couldn’t push his bad hunches over his head from the time it started. And to see that it was Eli instead of some stranger standing so close to him at that secluded parking space had somehow made him felt more secure.

“Thank god it’s you,” Sungyeol said as he leaned on the side of the car, beating his hand on his chest and laughing at the same time.

“You’re glad it was me?”

“Yeah.”

Sungyeol regretted his word instantly when Eli suddenly pushed him to the car. His propped his hands to each side of Sungyeol’s body and leaned his weight on it, trapping Sungyeol.

“What are you doing, Eli?” Eli’s knees were dangerously closed to his thighs.

“I love you. I still love you Sungyeol. After we broke up, I couldn’t think straight. I miss you so much that every night I dream about you. I tried to kill myself every time I think about you just so I could get you out of my mind.”

“Eli.” Sungyeol suddenly noticed the slit cuts at his wrist. He did try to kill himself.

“It hurts, to see you with someone else, to see you hugging someone else instead of me, to see you kissing someone else and not me. And when I finally met you the other day after such a long time, I couldn’t hide my feeling anymore. I realized that I still love you and always will. Yeollie, do you love me?”

Sungyeol shuddered at the words. It had been so long since someone else had called him that besides Myungsoo.

“Do you love me, Yeollie?” This time it sounded more desperate. Sungyeol didn’t know what do to. If Eli tried to kill himself after their break up, what more would he do next if Sungyeol rejected him right there and right then.

“Do you miss my touch?” Eli whispered when his words did not work on Sungyeol. His right hand traced Sungyeol’s neck seductively then to his collarbone and down to the first button of his clothes.

Sungyeol felt Eli’s legs closing in on his legs, locking him in place. “Eli, I have someone else,” The image of Myungsoo smiling at him flashed in his mind. Yes, he loved Myungsoo. Myungsoo and no one else.

Eli stopped fumbling with the button. “I might kill myself if you say that once again.”

“Eli!” Sungyeol yelled. “Don’t be stupid!”

“Yes! I’m stupid when I’m with you. So please don’t push me aside again, Yeollie. I might hurt myself,” he said and leaned in to kiss Sungyeol.

Sungyeol leaned back. Afraid.

“I might hurt myself,” Eli said again and pressed his lips to Sungyeol’s. His hands travelling down to Sungyeol’s torso.

Sungyeol closed his eyes as he felt the soft lips on his and the tongue that began to invade his mouth. He had to save Eli from hurting himself. I’m sorry Myungsoo, he said silently and began to return the kiss.

 

i end up hurting myungyeol after i hurt yadong.. sorry! please comment you guys. and subsribe. i love comments.