Chapter 14 : Dating

Nothing's Over

 

Hoya was sitting at the bench by the park with Dongwoo when he got the call from Sungyeol.

“Hello?”

“Hoya?”

“Yes?”

“I think Myungsoo know...” his brother said helplessly.

Hoya shifted on his seat, gaining attention from Dongwoo sitting beside him. “And?”

“We broke up.”

“Are you sure he knew about your cancer? I mean how could he know?”

“I don’t know. He was furious at me and suddenly asked to break up. I... I don’t know what to do, Hoya. This is what I wanted at the first place but now, I don’t want to let him go.”

“You want me to talk to him?”

“No. I’ll settle this myself. And do you remember Eli?”

“Eli? Yes. You broke up because of his sister. What’s with him?” Dongwoo looked at Hoya at the mention of the name. He was familiar with it.

“He came back. And he was... different.”

“What do you mean different?”

“I don’t know. Just different. But Woori’s still the same though. Urgh, I hate her.”

Hoya laughed. He hated her too.

“Okay, I have class. I’ll see you later, okay? Bye.”

And Sungyeol ended the call. Hoya looked at Dongwoo who was staring at him. He looked like he was thinking of something. He took Dongwoo’s hand and tightened his grip. “What?”

“Eli sounds too familiar to me. I think I saw his name at the dance competition board.”

“Must be another Eli.”

“I remember now. The group name was Eli Woori and The Gang.”

“It must be the same then. What a coincidence.” Hoya looked at his watch before standing up. “I have class. See you after that?”

“Okay. I’ll come to your dorm.”

“And practice. Don’t forget practice,” he chuckled. Dongwoo was never going to skip practice as long as he’s around.

“Yea yea dance machine Hoya. Practice!” Dongwoo repeated. As Hoya walked away Dongwoo felt a deep feeling growing in him towards the man. Love? He wasn’t sure. But he sure as hell wanted the man. He laughed to himself before standing up.

Dongwoo his heels and stopped suddenly to see an unexpected someone there. Sungjong. Sungjong looked at him, then at Hoya. Then back at him.

“You’re together now?” he asked slowly.

Dongwoo tried to find any other answer but couldn’t. “Yes.”

“Good for you,” Sungjong smiled. He walked pass Dongwoo but stopped when their shoulders brushed. “And I don’t think Hoya hyung is well. Maybe he’d pushed himself too much with the competition or something’s wrong with his body. I’m sure you noticed it too, right?”

Dongwoo turned to look at Sungjong leaving. He had been feeling the same thing.

 

 

Myungsoo made coffees, cappuccinos, lattes and tonnes of other drinks that day. His body was moving as he told them to but his mind was elsewhere. Wherever Sungyeol was that is. He wondered if the coffees he made were as bitter as he’d been feeling throughout that day. A customer walked in and stopped in front of him at the counter.

“What can I get you?” he asked politely, not even looking up.

“A date.” She answered.

A date? Myungsoo glanced at her and was instantly familiar with the face. Woori smiled at him sweetly. He looked to his left and right then behind her. “Are you talking to me?”

“Yes silly! I’m asking you out on a date.”

She was batting her eyes on him but Myungsoo was again deep in thoughts. What are the odds Woori hitting on him and Sungyeol cheating on him with Eli? It was too much of a coincidence now that he thought about it.

“Sorry. No.” He answered.

“Why?”

“Because...” And just at that right moment Kiseop walked passed him behind the counter. He grabbed Kiseop’s shoulder. “I’m dating him.”

“B-But!”

“That’s right!” Kiseop wrapped his arms around Myungsoo’s waist. Myungsoo flinched slightly with the foreign touch. Then he planted a kiss on his temple. “Be gone!” whispered Kiseop.

Woori’s jaw dropped. Dumbstruck was the right word for her. She threw her hands in the air before leaving the cafe. When she was gone, Kiseop pulled his hands away and left to continue his job.

Myungsoo looked at him with mixed feelings. Kiseop just helped him and yet, didn’t take advantage of the chance. Well, except for the kiss. “Kiseop...” he called.

“You have problems with Sungyeol?”

Myungsoo was startled. “Yes...” he finally said.

“I knew it. You’re not here, mentally. I’ll help you if you want?”

“It’s complicated.”

“What’s complicated about you and him? I don’t know a lot of things but I know you’re perfect with each other. And Sungyeol... loves you the most. I’m sure of that.”

Myungsoo stared at the floor. Did he really love me more than Eli? He thought.

 

 

 

Sunggyu brought his convertible to Woohyun’s house the next day. He smirked when he saw the look on Woohyun when he stepped out of his house. The books he was holding fell from his grip and he quickly grabbed it before running to the car.

“Is this yours?”

Sunggyu nodded. “Get in.”

So Woohyun did. He hopped on the seat excitedly. “This is awesome!”

“Get use to it. We should go spend some time somewhere after the competition, okay?”

He turned to the older. “After the competition? I... can’t.”

“Why?”

“Just because... it’s not the right time.”

“When is the right time then?”

“Jeez, just drive Sunggyu. I don’t want to be late for class!” he yelled. Sunggyu laughed.

“Okay. Brace yourself. I drive like a madman, okay?”

“Seriously?”

“Nah, more like a drunk man.” Then he began driving.

 

Once again, i'm sorry for the late update. ill update faster now. the reason is my other fic, How Kim Sunggyu Decides to Say Goodbye.

It's Woogyu. And It's finished. Go check it out by clicking on the title. Kamsahamida!