Even Death

Nothing's Over

Sungyeol was at the cafe where Myungsoo was working when he got the phone call about Hoya. He almost choked over his own coffee, earning the attention of Kim Myungsoo behind the counter who refused to see him.

Myungsoo was cleaning some cups when he saw Sungyeol answering his phone.

“What? Which hospital? Okay, I’ll be there in a minute,” And he ended the call. The boy threw his phone in his bag and went to pay for the coffee.

“What’s with Hoya?” Myungsoo asked. He may be angry with Sungyeol but Hoya is still his friend.

“He’s in the hospital. He fainted at college.”

“What?”

“You wanna come?” Sungyeol offered. Myungsoo nodded and turned to Kiseop. He opened his mouth but as if knowing what he was going to ask, Kiseop nodded and mouthed, “Go.”

They reached the hospital in a few minutes and saw Sunggyu and Woohyun outside the ward the nurse told them earlier. Sunggyu motioned to the room and Sungyeol ran in and saw Hoya on the bed, laughing and smiling like usual.

“Hyung!” Hoya called when he saw Sungyeol.

Sungyeol had to take a deep breath before walking towards the bed. He was glad that Hoya was okay but at the same time felt like yelling at him for making him worrying like that.

“You okay? I thought it was serious,” said Sungyeol turning to Dongwoo at the side of the bed. He was holding on to Hoya’s hand.

“It was! His nose bleeds for no reason at all,”

“It’s not for no reason at all!” Hoya defended himself, “the man threw a chair at my head!”

“Wait a minute! Who threw what chair at whose head?” Sungyeol’s eyes widened in shock. He thought he heard the words wrong.

“Dongwoo hyung--” Sungyeol turned to Sungjong who had been silence since before, “Dongwoo hyung and Hoya hung were helping me. Some guys were going to beat me and the help me. One of them threw a chair at Hoya hyung’s head. I’m sorry,” he looked near to tears.

Sungyeol felt his heart softened. “Were they the guys from before? At your house?”

Sungjong nodded.

“Nah, it’s okay. At least everyone’s in one piece.”

Suddenly the door opened at Myungsoo walked in, smiling at Hoya. ‘You okay, dude?”

Hoya nodded. “Yea,” and turned to glance at Sungyeol. Did his brother and Myungsoo make up yet?

Myungsoo saw the look Hoya was giving and decided to change the subject. Even he himself felt uncomfortable about their situation now. “When can you get out?”

“Tomorrow.”

“Oh. Good,”

 

“Just pick up the phone already! We’re in a hospital for god sake!” Woohyun cried for the hundredth time. Sunggyu’s phone had been ringing for god knows how long.

“Don’t wanna! It’s her, demanding explanation about you,”

“Then switch it off!”

“Don’t wanna. My other girlfriend would want to reach me too,” Sunggyu teased.

Woohyun rolled his eyes. “You and your girlfriends. What am I anyway?”

“My boyfriend!” Sunggyu answered casually. Suddenly the phone rang again and Sunggyu was about to end it again when he saw a different number.

“Oh !”

“Why?”

“My parents.” Sunggyu answered the call. “Mom?”

Woohyun heard yelling over the phone followed by a pained expression on Sunggyu’s face. The older glanced at him a while before his heels to somewhere far away from Woohyun.

 

“I’m going to get coffee. Do you want something?” Sungyeol asked Dongwoo and Sungjong.

“I want cola,” Hoya answered instead.

“Not you. You’re only drinking water and that’s it.”

“No, nothing for me.” Dongwoo laughed and answered. Sungjong also nodded. Sungyeol left the room and asked the same question to Myungsoo, Sunggyu and Woohyun talking outside.

“One cola,” Sunggyu ordered.

“Me too,” Woohyun added.

Sungyeol turned to Myungsoo.

“I’ll go with you,” Myungsoo’s answer startled Sungyeol but he didn’t say anything. The younger walked to him and they walked side by side down the hallway. No words were shared even as they took the elevator down. They reached the cafe, ordered the drinks and took the elevator back up.

Sungyeol glanced at Myungsoo by his side. The boy was staring at the door, ignoring Sungyeol totally.

Sungyeol finally reached his limit. “Alright that’s it. Stop it Myungsoo, you’re killing me!”

Myungsoo mouth gaped open and his eyes widened at Sungyeol’s accusation. “I’m killing you? You’re calling me a killer when it’s you who played with my feelings!” He yelled back.

“I never played with your feelings, ever!”

“Then Eli-“ His words were cut off when Sungyeol slammed his body to the wall behind. The drinks fell to the floor as Sungyeol pulled Myungsoo into a deep hug, burying his face to the nape of his neck.

“He’s nothing, okay.”

Myungsoo felt the back of his eyes getting hotter. He blinked a few times, trying to stop the tears from forming. “I saw you and him.”

“I’m sorry,” Sungyeol whispered but his voice was muffled against Myungsoo’s clothes. “I won’t do it again I swear.  I- I need you.”

Tears fell down Myungsoo’s cheeks and he found himself replying to Sungyeol’s tight hug. “Until when is this gonna keep happening, Yeollie? Break up and make up. Break up and make up. I can’t afford these feelings.”

Sungyeol finally let go and held his arms with both hands, shaking his gently. “Are you giving up on us?”

The other boy shook his head. “I’m just scared.”

“Why?”

He shook his head again.

“I’ll promise you something, Myungsoo. After this, I swear there will be no problem. No Eli or Woori or whoever that will get between us. I promise you right here right now that after this I’ll be by you side forever. Nothing will break us apart.” Sungyeol added. “Even death.”