A walk in the park

New Beginnings

“ I know!” Minwoo exclaims to the empty room as he gets up from the couch. He goes to the kitchen and takes out the ingredients for the lunch he will make for her. 

As he makes their lunch he dances and sings along to Taxi. He remembers he dint tell her the time and texts her. “ Wear something comfortable, pick you up at noon” He send the text with a smile on his face and goes back to preparing for his lunch date. 

After he finishes he sits staring at the clock watching the time move slowly. After waiting for a while he becomes impatient and gets up grabbing his things.

He arrives early and waits until its close to noon. He sends her a text and waits for her to come down. 

—————

Camila is awaken by her phone and moves to reach for it. She rubs her eyes trying to read the text. When she finishes reading the text she suddenly  gets up realizing she agreed to have lunch with him. 

With an hour to get ready she quickly washes up and spends 30 minutes looking through her clothes for something to wear. After finding the perfect casual outfit she sits to wait for him, wondering why she cares so much how she looks. Her phone goes off and she smiles as she reads it. She grabs her things and take one last look at herself in the mirror before heading down. 

—————————

Minwoo watches her come out and gets out to meet her half way. He looks at her and smiles as he thinks how pretty she looks. 

“Hi!” he calls out to her as she gets closer

“Hello” she gives him a bow. 

They awkwardly get to his car and he opens the door for her and goes around to get in. He fumbles with the keys before putting them in the ignition. 

“Your seatbelt” he says as he looks at her when their hands touch when they both reach for it. Their eyes lock until the sound of a car pulls them away from the moment. 

She clears as her face blushes “ I got it…thanks”

Minwoo chuckles at her reaction trying to hide his own unexpected feelings. 

“It’s a nice day out, I though a picnic would be nice” He speaks slowly so she can understand him. 

She nods “ A picnic sounds great” she smiles softly at him. 

On their way to the park they make awkward small talk while Minwoo can’t help but steal glances at her. 

When they arrive Minwoo goes around to open the door for her and get the food out. 

“Let me help you” Camila reaches for one of the bags. Minwoo gently pushes her hand away “Its not heavy, I got it”.

Before they head out Minwoo puts a mask on, Camila looks at him confused. 

“What’s up with..?” she  motions to the mask covering his mouth.

“Oh… So people don’t recognize me. Does it bother you?” 

She laughs softly as she looks at his eyes “ People will still recognize you… your eyes” She looks away and starts walking. 

He catches up to her “What about my eyes?” he nudges her jokingly. 

Her face blushes and she walks faster “Nothing…Nothing” 

He follows her, the mask hiding his smile.

...