Let's talk

New Beginnings

Minwoo smiles at her as he waves. She gives him a small bow and he motions for her to come inside. She turns around unsure if he is talking to her, looks back at him and points to herself and mouths "me", he nods his head and gets up to meet her halfway. She hesitates for a moment but she could really use a warm drink.

Camila walks into the café, the warm air instantly warming her. She looks around and sees a few people, mostly people working on their computers.

Minwoo approaches her and greets her. "Hi, what are you doing out this late and in this weather?"

"Had to work late" Camila looks at him cautiously. They meet once and exchanged a few words and he is treating her like they have known each other for years.

He reaches for her hand "come, join me" he sees her expression and laughs softly "sorry, I am just happy to take a break from work"

She shakes her head as she looks around "it's ok....ummm... I am going to get something to drink"

"What do you want? Let me get it for you" he says as he takes out his wallet.

Camila without thinking she touches his arm "no, it's ok. I got it" she goes to the counter and orders her drink. Minwoo waits for her and after she gets the buzzer they walk together to the table where he sitting.

As they sit down Camila notices the open notebook filled with words.  "What is this?" She says as she looks at the words written.

"Just some lyrics I am working on" he says as he hands her the notebook.

The buzzer goes off and Minwoo goes to get her drink leaving her to read the lyrics. He smiles as he sees her attentively looking at the notebook.

"So what do you think?" He sets the drink down in front of her.

She looks up and says thank you as she sets the notebook down and holds the drink in both hands warming them.

Laughs " well I couldn't really read most of it" she takes a sip " I am better at speaking than reading Korean

"Then what were you doing?" Minwoo sits in the chair in front of her.

"Trying to read your handwriting" she says with a serious voice.

"What?!" He takes the notebook and flips through the pages " I have nice handwriting"

She looks down and hides a smiles. He looks at her and smiles.

" I guess we can use this time to work on your Korean since apparently your phone doesn't work"

She looks at him " I don't understand why you gave me your number"

He shrugs his shoulders " I just wanted to"

"You don't know me. What if I had sold it to your fans or something? You say you are famous. You were not worried?"

Takes a sip from his drink " not at all” his hands go in his jacket pockets and one hand starts playing with the charm it finds there.

“ you are very trusting” she says as she looks at him.

He looks at her “No, I am just a good judge of character...So Camila, you said you were a teacher"

" wow, you remember all that from the 2 seconds we talked" she says in amazement.

"All of that?"

She laughs " my name and what I do?"

" well you have a pretty and unique name. I also have a pretty good memory" he winks at her.

Camila shakes her head and laughs.

They talk for hours. About her life back home, their likes and dislikes. Minwoo tells her about his favorite places in Seoul and all the places in Korea she should visit. As he talks Camila looks at him in awe, excited about the possibility of seeing everything he is describing. She doesn't miss the opportunity to ask him questions about those places, already planning all the trips in her head. Minwoo doesn't miss the opportunity to correct her Korean, making sure to make fun of her before correcting her.

He watches her talk as she gets more excited she starts switching to English and he just smiles. He is happy to be able to just sit and talk to someone. People usually want something from him because of who he is but with Camila he can just be him.

She looks at her watch " omg it's so late I need to head out. Sorry for keeping you so late. I lost track of time"

He smiles "it's ok, I had nice time. How are you getting home?"

She takes out her phone " going to call cab"

"It's midnight you should not be taking a cab this late. Let me give you a ride home" he says as he starts putting his things away.

"It's ok, I can just call a cab"

Minwoo takes the phone from her " look I am not going to let you take a cab this late."

She laughs " getting in a car with a stranger, same thing as taking a cab"

He fakes a hurt look " really?! You have my number, how can I be a stranger? Come on it's getting late just let me give you a ride. You can buy me lunch later to pay me back"

She thinks for a moment "ok, it's about 15 minutes away"

"Let's go" he hands her the phone back and grabs his things. They walk out together, Camila walking a few steps behind him.

When they reach his car, he opens the door for her and puts his things in the back.

Camila puts her address in the GPS and they head to her apt. They exchanged a few words as they drive but for the most part they ride in silence, a comfort silence as he steals glances at her and smiles.

When they reach her apt he opens the door and walks her to the front door.

"Well here you are safe and sound"

She gives him a small bow " thank you mr. lee”. She opens the door and turns back to give him another bow. “ Don’t forget you owe me lunch” he says as she walks inside the building. 

Camila waves at him and goes inside. Minwoo drives home, the lyrics he has been looking for finally coming to him.