Late Night

New Beginnings

"where are going?" Camila says as they walk to his car

"It's a surprise" he smiles at her. They reach the car and he opens the door for her "Don't worry, I will get you home at a decent hour"

She laughs and she gets in " that is good to know" 

He gets in the car and starts it " are you picky about food?" he gets out of the parking lot and gets on the road.

" not really... I just wont eat anything strange" she laughs softly

"nothing strange, noted" 

He turns on the radio and Venus is playing. He looks at her from the corner of his eyes. "what do you think of them?"

"of..oh the song. its alright" she says as she looks at the window.

" do you listen to korean music?" he turns the volume down so he can hear her. 

"some... I like Bigbang and Dynamic Duo...music like that" 

He laughs softly " that song is one of ours... the group I am in" 

She turns to look at him " oh.. really?… I mean...it is good..its just..." 

" its ok, you don’t have to like it " he laughs softly and turns the volume up again singing along softly. 

She looks down embarrassed and nods her head. Camila turns to look out the window again smiling as she hears him sing. They drive in silence the rest of the way. 

He stops at a restaurant "wait here, I’ll be right back"

" we are not eating here?"

"no, it's going be take out. will be eating somewhere else" he opens the door to get out

She reaches and touches his arm " wait, i am going to pay" 

He looks down at his arm and smiles. He takes her hand gently places it on her lap. "no, I am treating you tonight" 

“but…” he closes the door before she can say anything. A few minutes later he comes back with a bag of fried chicken and some beer. He puts the bag in the back seat and gets in “ we are all set. let's go I am starving” 

Camila places her hand over stomach as it  grumbles “ I guess you are hungry too” he laughs. They drive off and after a few minutes arrive at the Han River and park in front, it is late and there just a few people out.  

They get out and Minwoo brings the bags from the back seat. Camila has walked ahead and is standing in front of the river looking around with a wide smile on her face. Minwoo goes to stand next to her and turns to look at her. He can't help but smile as he watches Camila’s eyes filled with a childlike wonder. 

He reaches and takes her hand guiding her to the empty stairs overlooking the river. “First time here?” he asks. she looks down at their hands and blushes. Minwoo brings her back from her thoughts “huh?… oh yeah.”

“do you like it?” he asks  as they sit and he takes out the food and beer.

“ yeah. it's really pretty…strangely calming” he opens a beer and hands it to her and opens one for himself. she takes a sip as she looks at the Seoul skyline. 

He looks around “ It really is. umm.. this smells delicious, dig in” he sets the box of chicken between them and hands her a pair of chopsticks. 

Minwoo steals glances as they eat. “have you visited any of the places I told you about?”

She shakes her head as she takes a bite, a strand of hair gently falls over her face. 

Minwoo looks over and whispers “ pretty” Camila turns and looks at him “ did you say something?”

He shakes his head and reaches moving the hair from her face and tucking it behind her ear, his hand lightly brushing it. 

Her cheeks blush and she quickly turns to look at the river again. Minwoo sees the blush and smiles softly, stretches his legs and takes a sip of the beer. 

“ how long have you been a singer?” she takes a bite and looks at him. His eyes drawing her attention. 

“19 years” 

“What?! really, wow. that is a really long time.” 

“Yeah, its been quite the ride. full of ups and downs but I would’t trade it for the world. I have 5 brothers who make all of this worth it, fans who have been with us all this time. I am very lucky” He turns to look at her and she is looking straight into his eyes a warm look in her eyes. 

“ its amazing you get to do what you love, not everyone is as lucky” she takes a sip of her beer and lies on her back, her hands behind her head looking up at the sky. “ hopefully one day I feel the same” 

He looks down at her “ you don't like your job?”

“I do…but right now I can describe it with the same passion you describe yours” she pauses “its…its been  hard adjusting to my new life… one good thing is that because of necessity my Korean is a lot better” she says with a laugh 

He lays next to her “ I have noticed” he turns to look at her his eyes trying to read her “ why did you decide to come here with me… to talk with me the other night”

She closes her eyes and smiles “ I could ask you the same thing” she sighs “ you were one of the first people to be nice to me… my gut told me I could trust you. I hope I was right” 

“you are, I feel the same way about you. its strange but I know I can trust you” His eyes scan her face stopping at her lips. The urge to kiss her fills him and he leans close as he does she sits up unaware of what was about to happen. 

“its getting chilly, we should go” She looks around “why are we always the last one to leave” she laughs

He laughs softly at his failed attempt to kiss the girl that has captured all of his attention. “ Time flies with you…lets go I don’t want you to get sick” 

They gather their things and leave. He drives her home and walks her to the front door. She turns to look at him and gives him a bow. 

“thank you for dinner, I had a great time” she smiles shyly at him. 

“ you are welcome, I had a great time too. go in” he points to the door. 

“Good night Mr. Lee, drive safe” she bows again 

“see you soon” he says as he watches go into the building. He drives home replaying the night in his head. its been so long since he has felt something like this, not even in his last relationship did he feel something so strong. He lays in bed fidgeting with the charm in his hand. He cant wait to see her again.