Keep Missing You

New Beginnings

A month earlier 

Minwoo lies in bed unable to sleep, their album and Asia tour were a success. They have worked nonstop for the last couple months, 2 album releases and a series of concerts can take a toll on anyone. “We are not 20 anymore” he says with a laugh. Looks over at the clock and sees that it is 6am already and there is no point on trying to go back to sleep. He gets up and raises his arms above his head and stretches, his muscles and mind waking up. 

Grabs a towel and clean clothes and head to the bathroom to take a shower. He stands in the shower with his eyes close, the warm water running through his body waking him up completely.  Minwoo gets out of shower, dresses in warm clothes and heads to the kitchen to make some breakfast. After eating he looks at the clock and sees it's still early, he doesn't have to go in for practice until 2pm, plenty of time to get a workout in. 

He gathers his things to go to the gym and as he steps outside to the cool morning he decides the day is to pretty to be inside. Gets in his car and heads to odaesan national park, it has been years since he has gone hiking and he is really looking forward to being outside surrounded by nature and breathing fresh air. 

The sun rises over the trees, a soft orange glow covering the ground. He gets out of his car and starts walking towards the trail; there is calming stillness in the air, the only sound his shoes making a soft crunching sound as he walks. The cool breeze touches his skin, lightly moving his bangs aways from his eyes. A smile spreads across his face making his eyes crinkle, his heart content he makes his way up the trail. Minwoo walks slowly taking in his surroundings, after sometime he heads back down. He heads for the main trail and as he watches his step something on the ground is reflecting the sun and catches his eyes and he bends down and picks up it, it's a cherry blossom phone charm. He smiles and softly says “ pretty”, looks around to see if the can find the owner but doesnt see anyone. He puts in his pocket intending to leave it in the lost and found.  As he reaches his car he has forgotten about the charm in his pocket and heads home, relaxed and ready to take on the day. 

--------

It's Saturday and the first weekend that Camila has all to herself. Trainings and work events intended to help her settle into her new life have kept her weekends quite busy. She hoped to wake up early to take advantage of her day off but things don't always go as planned. She takes her time getting up and ready for the day. One thing she loves about her apartment is the rooftop in her building. It has been set up with small garden and a table for the tenants to enjoy. She takes her coffee and goes to sit up there; the weather is prefect, the perfect spring day. 

When she finished her coffee she heads back down to her apartment.  It is 10am, still early, enough time to get plenty done today. Today the world is her oyster, first thing on her itinerary  odaesan national park. This is a place that has been highly recommended by her friend and Camila is excited to spend some time outside. 

She grabs her favorite red jacket, wallet and phone. As she looks at her phone she traces with her finger the cherry blossom charm her friends gave her before leaving the States. They know how much she loves cherry blossoms and wanted to give her something special, the back of the charm is engraved with her initials “ C.N”. 

Finally ready, she heads down to catch the bus to the famous park. The bus reaches her destination and she gets out excited about today’s adventure. There are a few cars in the parking lot, she is happy she made it before it got to crowded. She runs up the trail unable to control her excitement, the warm sun kissing her skin. As she makes her way up the trail her phone rings, her mom, although on the other side of the world she still calls Camila every chance she gets. She takes out her phone, felling a tug from her jacket as she feels it got stuck. Camila spends some time talking to her mom while she sits on a rock, describing to her mom the beautiful scenery before her. 

When she gets off the phone she sees the charm in gone. Camila gets up quickly and traces her steps hoping to find it. Makes her way down the trail her eyes glue to the ground hoping to catch a glimpse of it. She reaches the entrance unable to find it, anything else she would have been ok losing but this… this is something really special for her. Camila heads back to catch the bus, she is sad she lost it just a month after arriving in Korea. She doest want this to ruin her day, there is nothing else she can do, it is lost.