One day at a time 

New Beginnings

"One day at a time" she keeps whispering to herself over and over. Tears starting to form in her eyes, she swallows hard trying to keep the tears at bay. She is walking home and the last thing she needs is to break down here in the middle of the street. Although she has managed to settled into her new home, today is hard. 

Today is her birthday. This is the first birthday she spends away from her family and friends. She is homesick; she misses her family, she misses them like crazy. It's difficult coming home after a hard day at work to an empty house. Back home there was always someone to welcome her. Someone to share a meal with, someone to share her day with. 

None of her coworkers remembered and she wasn't very surprised. They barely talk to her as it is. It is hard being the only English teacher at the school. The few friends she has made are busy, so it’s just her this weekend. 

Her friends back home sent her messages wishing her a happy birthday but it is not the same. Camila also talked to her mom and that only made her more homesick. Sometimes she wonders what she is doing here. Did she make the right decision? 

Today all she wants…needs is a hug. 

She walks slowly, there is no point rushing home, there is no one waiting for her. The cool air calming her nerves as she gets closer to her apartment. She drags her feet, her backpack heavy with the bottles of beers she bought. Her heart feels heavy, she though that having her own little celebration would make her feel better. Now that she is reaching her apartment it just makes her feel silly. Her head hangs low and she shakes it trying to clear her mind and grunts in frustration at the inability to control her emotions. 

Through the clutter in her brain she hears her name. Camila looks up and sees Mr. Lee , as she has come to call him much to his dislike. He is by his car and starts walking towards her. She stops and sees him; a familiar face, a friendly face. Something comes over her and she runs to him meeting him halfway. Without thinking she hugs him, wrapping her arms around his waist, resting her head against his chest. Minwoo is taken back by her sudden action and gasp softly. 

Camila realizes what she just did and moves aways suddenly. She takes a step back and starts bowing and apologizing unable to look at him. 

"I am so sorry Mr. Lee...I..I don't know what came over...I am so sorry" 

Minwoo looks at her and he can sense that something is off. He had sense that also the last time they saw each other, he didn't push her then but he wants to make sure she is ok. He walks towards her and places his hands on her shoulders to keep her from moving away from him. Without saying a word he pulls her close, wrapping his arms around her and softly caressing her hair.  

She starts moving away but Minwoo pulls her close again and whispers "It's ok, its ok" 

She has forgotten he is an idol and allows him to hug her here in the street. Camila gives in to her emotions and slow, quiet sobs escape her as she buries her faces in his chest. He continues to hold her until her breathing slows down and he can feel she has calmed down. 

She takes a step back and whispers "I am sorry" as her head is down.

Minwoo reaches and lifts her chin and wipes the tears from her face “You don’t have to apologize” He moves a strand of hair from her face ”Do you want to talk about it?" He asks quietly 

Camila shakes her head and rubs her eyes like a little kid, she is too embarrassed to look at him. He smiles as he watches her.

He reaches and pinches her cheeks " Omo! Why are you so cute?!" 

Camila moves his hands away and gives him a disapproving look. 

He laughs and pulls her close again, as she tries to move away he holds her tightly. "Hey, you are the one that hugged me first so deal with it" he slightly pulls away and looks at her “ tonight we are having dinner together, you can't leave me to eat alone again”

"Pabo " she whispers 

" Your Korean gets better everyday" Minwoo says and pulls her into his arms again.  

This is what she needed. A long, honest hug.