Unexpected

New Beginnings

Camila lays lazily on the floor, although she has a perfectly good bed the floor is so much more comfortable today. Shinhwa plays in the background as she just stares at the ceiling, if she is going to go to the concert she should know some of their songs at least. 


They have so many albums that it will be impossible for her to know all of them so she decides to listen to a playlist of their best hits. So far her favorite song is Venus and the music video is great too. Seeing Minwoo in the video was so strange, it’s him but the confidence that exudes from him is amazing. The clothes, the dance moves, the set; everything makes him look more handsome; if that is even possible. The rest of the guys also look handsome and are great singers; she can see why they have been so successful for all these years. 


She hears that she has received a message and checks... it's from Minwoo.


Hi, wanted to ask what your apartment number is. I have the ticket and wanted to have it delivered. 


You actually got the ticket?! I thought you had forgotten, you said by Wednesday. Although she knew he would send her the ticket it took him longer than he promised so of course, she will mess with him. 


Sorry, it took a bit longer. He wanted to make sure she had a great seat and that took more time. 


I was beginning to think you no longer wanted me to go she continues to


What?! No of course that’s not it. I promise. He replies so fast it makes her laugh. 


Ok, I will believe you. Its room 318 she sends him the text. 


Camila lays on the floor for a few more minutes then gets up and goes to the kitchen to find something to snack on. She rummages through the freezer and settles on coffee ice cream. 


Camila is walking to her sofa spoon and ice cream in hand when her doorbell rings making her jump, she is not expecting anyone.


When she opens the door she is surprised to see who it is, she instinctively bows. "hi…what…” She is too startled to say anything. 


Minwoo stands before her with an orange bag and a shocked look on his face. He can’t help but look her up and down. 


Camila was so surprised that she answered the door forgetting what she was wearing. She is wearing a black cotton dress and a robe. Her robe is untied and he can see her short dress and the subtle v neck that he follows to her neck, her long curly hair is loose and wild. She looks beautiful and he wants nothing more than to take her in his arms right then. Of course, he knows she is beautiful but right now he feels a strong physical attraction that takes all his will to contain. He blushes at his thoughts that take him somewhere unexpected.


Camila notices that he is staring at her and she realizes it’s because she is not really dressed appropriately for guests. She quickly ties her robe and struggles to say anything. 


Minwoo finally breaks the silence when he sees her blushing probably more than him. 


“Ummm… sorry for not telling you I was dropping by, I just wanted to surprise you.” He looks down at the bag he is holding. "I got this today and…. I wanted to drop it off quickly.”


She nods her head “Ummm ok…sorry” she looks behind her at her apartment “I would invite you in but I wasn’t expecting anyone” she ties the robe more tightly to her body. she nervously runs her hand through her hair.


“Of course, I understand,” he says nervously “I’m... sorry for just dropping by” he hands her the bag “The ticket is inside and I included a few more things just to make sure you have fun at your first Shinhwa concert”. 


She takes the bag “thank you” she smiles shyly. “Ok…well good night…”


He nods “good night” 


Camila is closing the door when Minwoo stops her. She looks directly at him nervously.


“Sorry…ummm…let me know when you get to the venue. We will probably not be able to talk until after the concert.” He says trying hard not to stare too much. 


“Ok, I will” she gives him a small bow “good night” She closes the door .


Minwoo takes a deep breath as he leaves, his heart is beating fast and he can still feel his face is hot. He would have loved to go in but of course, he knows that probably would have been a bad idea. Being in her home, seeing her dressed like that; he would have pushed the limits of their relationship and would probably scare her. 


Patience, patience he reminds himself. 


Camila stands against the door; she can’t believe he saw her like that. She can feel her face burning but she is glad it was just him and not some stranger. She should really ask who it is before opening the door.