Understanding

New Beginnings

Minwoo sits in the makeup chair not paying attention to his surroundings, he just stares at the reflection looking back at him. Promotions for their new album and preparations for the concerts are in full swing keeping them busy day and night. Although he is busy, he has been distracted and the guys have noticed. They have asked him what’s going on and he just tells them he is tired. Minwoo only really talks to Junjin about Camila. He is discovering new feelings and is not ready and wouldn’t know what to say to the rest of the guys about his relationship with her. 

They have not meet since the last time and that was weeks ago. Minwoo hasn't been able to properly talk with her; if he doesn’t text her she doesn’t text him. Even then, her answers are always short. She is polite but he can tell she is distant. He grabs his phone and looks at the last message he sent her… that 1 staring back at him… she hasn’t read the message. He wants to be understanding, she must be busy but it’s hard when he misses her. When all he wants is to see her and talk to her. 

He has avoided calling her, afraid she will not answer, that would mean the problem is him and that she doesn’t want to talk to him. Even when he knows deep down there could be other reasons that can keep her from answering. He knows he sometimes forgets they come from different cultures and is aware that he might have said something that she might have taken the wrong way. Yet, he doesn’t understand what is going on. He remembers how distant she was acting the last time they saw each other. He wants to make sure they are ok but doesn’t want to talk to her about that through text. 

He is lost in his thoughts that he doesn’t hear Junjin calling him until he is right in front of him making him jump.

 “Earth to Minwoo” Junjin says waiving his hand in front of Minwoo’s face “It’s almost time for the interview” He bows as the staff leaves the room. 

“Oh… yeah” he shakes his head trying to clear his mind; he is over thinking this and making himself go crazy.

“You still haven’t heard from her?” Junjin closes the door.  

“What?” minwoo looks at Junjin as he gets up.

“Camila... right? That girl you are interested in… you keep looking at your phone” 

“We…we have talked a bit” he avoids Junjin’s eyes “it’s just a really busy time for both of us…let’s go” 

Junjin grabs his arm before he walks out “is that what you are telling yourself?”

He is taken by surprise by Junjin honesty making him pause for a second. “Well I am busy and…” 

“You probably don’t want to hear this but there is probably a reason why she is keeping a distance” Junjin puts his hands on Minwoo’s shoulders “she might be cautious because of who you are, you might have moved too fast, or not fast enough, you might have said something she misunderstood” he pauses “you also have to think about her feelings, don’t forget how different you are”

He sighs “I know… I just… I can’t get her out of my mind and… I don’t see any differences she is just someone I like“

Junjin laughs softly “It’s good you don’t see differences but the differences you don’t see could be what scares her. You have to be more clear about your intentions so she knows… whether is dating, relationship or friends” he squeezes his shoulders “ I know it’s scary but you cannot move forward until you know what you want and what she wants.”

“You are right; I guess I have only been thinking about my own feelings. I have been nice to her, keeping her company but in reality I do it because I want to be close to her” Minwoo sighs “but I still don’t really know what I feel for her or her feelings towards me”

“Right, so if you want to explore those feelings you have to let her know or show her what is in your heart. Don’t tell me you forgot how to flirt?” Junjin teases him

“What?! Of course I know how to flirt” he flashes Junjin his biggest smile 

Junjin pretends to faint and Minwoo pretents to catch him making them both laugh. 

Junjin turns Minwoo to face the mirror. “I don’t see why she would not be interested in this” pinches Minwoo’s cheeks “but if she is not at least you will know and if you both want you can still be friends.”

“I will show her my interest while being understanding of her feelings” Minwoo rubs his cheek “why is it so hard to like someone?” 

“If it was easy, everyone would be in a relationship” the pair head to their interview, they are already running a little late. 

Having made a decision his heart is content. The interview goes smoothly as always and for a while Minwoo is able to let go of his worries. Worrying will not help and he doesn’t want to rush into anything. All he wants is the opportunity to see where this can go. For that he needs to be patient and clear, he needs to learn to think about her feelings and not just about his.