I am here

New Beginnings

“Where do you want to go?” he whispers against her hair

She steps back slowly and looks at him “ you really don’t have to do this. I am fine really” 

“ I am starving you will be doing me a favor by eating with me” he smiles warmly at her as he places his hands on her shoulders

The way he looks at her makes her heart skip a beat “ I mean…you are an idol if someone sees you with me” pauses “ i don’t want to cause you any trouble” 

He cups her cheek “ I am old enough to go out with whoever I want”

The feelings she has been fighting come at her like a tidal wave when he touches her making her blush. He notices he made her nervous and pats the top of her head. “ please… lets go eat” he does his best aegyo making her laugh.

“Ok, I am starving. Let’s go” she says avoiding his eyes. 

“Here let me take your bag” he reaches and takes the backpack “wow, what do you have in here?” he laughs

She opens the bag and shows him the bottles of beer. “Were you going to have a party all by yourself” he looks at her.

She bites her lip to keep herself from laughing and tries to give him her most innocent look. 

He can’t help but laugh and pinches her cheek “ you are too cute” 

“If you keep making fun of me I won’t share” she tries to sounds serious

He steps in front of her and pouts making her laugh “ok, fine. I’ll share” 

He is happy to see her smile even though her eyes are still red from crying. Minwoo reaches and touches her cheek making her heart skip a beat. 

“I’ll buy dinner” he says softly and he looks into her eyes. Camila nods slowly as she losses herself in his eyes. He takes her hand and leads her to his car. He helps her in and as he moves away his nose is filled with a soft citrus smell coming from her skin. He looks at her and gently tucks her hair behind her ear.  They smile softly at each other as her heart settles. 

“Is chicken ok” he says as they drive

“chicken and beer sounds amazing” she says happily 

“perfect” at a stop light he makes a call to his favorite place. 

They pick up their food and he drives them to a park. When they arrive they step out into the crisp, cool night and grab their things. 

She sees a bench on the far side and points to it “We can sit over there”. She walks ahead of him and lays on the bench as soon as she reaches it. They are far enough from the city that she can see the stars. He walks slowly allowing her to have a moment alone, once he reaches the bench he sits at her feet and taps her leg lightly. 

“Lets eat” he says quietly. 

She sits up and smiles at him shaking her head. “Not yet” 

Camila sees some swings and runs to them leaving Minwoo behind. He watches her and smiles, he sits there for a minute before walking towards the swings.  He stands behind her and starts pushing. Camila laughs as she goes higher and higher,  she closes her eyes feeling the soft breeze on her skin. 

Minwoo stops pushing her and goes to sit on the swing next to her.  “Are you happy?” he asks her as he watches her. He wants to ask her what is bothering her but doesn't want to push her. 

Camila stops and looks at him and nods.  “Yeah, I feel like a little kid”

“I am glad to see you smile” He walks to her and kneels before her  and reaches to touch her cheek “Let’s go eat” he looks into her eyes. 

Camila looks at him and nods. He takes her hand in his and leads her to the bench making her heart skip a beat. When they reach it she sits and starts taking out the food.

“It smells delicious”  she hands him the chopsticks “thank you for dinner” 

“Of course, anytime. I told you I hate eating alone” He takes the chopsticks

“We should play some music” she takes out her phone looking for something to play, she looks around “we forgot the beer”

“I’ll go get it” Minwoo stands and Camila grabs his arm.

“I’ll go, here you pick something” she hands him her phone and takes his car keys. 

He looks through the music and laughs “No Shinhwa” Camila’s phone goes off and he reads the message she received “Happy birthday! wish you a wonderful day!!” he looks up and watches her walking back. Now he understand why she was crying, his heart feels sad for her and wishes there was something he could do to make her feel better. 

“The beer has arrived” she breaks him from his thoughts. She hands him one of the beers, he opens it and hands it back to her taking the other one for himself. 

“What should we cheer to?” he lifts his bottle

“ummm… good food?”she laughs

He smiles and nods “good food and great company” they cheer and take a sip from their beer. 

Minwoo picks up a piece of chicken and places close to her lips. She blushes and gently pushes his hand away. “You eat” She smiles at him. 

He eats it, then takes her hand and places the chopsticks in her hand. “Eat” he says in a stern voice. She pouts and starts eating. As they eat they make small talk Minwoo trying to find the right time to ask her why she was crying, even if he already knows. 

“Why do you keep staring?” she takes a sip of her beer

He stands and holds his hand out to her “Let’s dance” 

Camila looks at his hand then at him “ I can’t dance” 

Minwoo takes her hand and pulls her up into his arms. “I’ll teach you” he takes her arms and wraps them around his neck, his arms going around her waist and he starts to slowly sway with her. 

She steps on his foot and takes a step back apologizing “ I'm sorry, see I told you I can’t dance” 

He pulls her close again “Its ok” He starts swaying with her again “just follow my lead…I won’t ask you to tell me why you were crying” he starts her hair “but please know that if you ever need anyone I am here” 

Camila stop and looks at him “Why are you so nice to me?” she doesn't want to fall for him, she doesn't want to misunderstand his kindness. 

Minwoo smiles “Because you deserve it” he places his hands on her shoulders “do I need a better reason than that?”

She looks down and whispers “I guess not”

He lifts her chin slowly “ I am here” he says again and leans in to kiss her forehead. She closes her eyes, her cheeks flush and heart races his lips touch her skin. He holds her close, he wants her to know she is not alone.