Chance meeting

New Beginnings

Camila sits on the terrace of summer moon, her attention deep in the book in her hand. It’s Friday and her vacation starts today, she doesn’t have much planned for the next week. She is just excited to sleep in late and read to her heart’s content. She is so loss in her book she doesn’t notice when Minwoo sits in front of her. 

He attentively watches her, he was just going to stay for a minute but when he saw her his plans changed. He smiles as he watches her, she looks so pretty. He notices how her lips slowly move as she quietly reads, how she slightly frowns in some parts and how she quietly chuckles at others. He is loss in her as much as she is loss in her book. 

She looks up and jumps a little, surprised to see him in front of her. He laughs at her reaction making her blush. 

“How long have you been sitting there?” She says with a soft laugh

 “A few minutes, I didn't want to interrupt you” He says with a soft look in his eyes

 “Sorry, I didn't see you” she looks at him, he has a special gift to make her feel at peace. 

“I can tell” he moves his chair to sit next to her and leans close pretending to look at the book but really just wanting to be closer to her. “Is the book that interesting?” 

 “Huh… oh yeah” She stutters as his scent invades her space making her heart skip a beat. He tries to hide a smile as he notices he made her nervous. 

He leans over her and takes a pastry from her plate, he eats it making her shake her head and laugh softly. 

“I’m starving” he says with his mouth full and an innocent look in his eyes. 

“Ok, ok here you go” She hands him the plate. He takes the plate and happily eats most of the pastries. She looks at him thinking how handsome he looks. He can sense her looking at him making him nervous. 

He takes the last pastry and motions for her to take it “you have the last one” She shakes her head and gently moves his hand. 

“you can have it. You are starving, aren’t you?” He shrugs and eats the last piece. “Thank you for dinner” he says as he stretches his arms above his head before sitting back on his chair and nonchalantly putting his arm in the back of her chair.  

“That can’t be your dinner. You need to go and eat something else” she moves slightly to face him. 

He says with a smirk in his face “I hate eating by myself…if only there was someone that I could eat dinner with” 

She hides a smile “why don’t you ask… Dongwan…was that his name, the member who gave me the hug?”

He quickly turns to look at her “Dongwan!…Oh you remember his name” he pouts “I though you didn't have a favorite”

“Yeah, I think I changed my mind. He was really nice” She looks down at her book hiding a smile

He looks at her and leans close “I wanted to be your favorite” he says softly, he knows he is being very bold but can’t help it. She looks at him and their eyes meet, their faces just inches away from each other. Her effort to mess with him backfires, she can feel her face blushing.

He sees the blush in her face and leans back in his chair. “ Have dinner with me” he says softly

Camila remembers the conversation she had with her friend. Can she really afford to like someone? She still doesn't know if she will stay more than one year. Although deep down she knows it might be a little to ask that. Whether she wants to admit it or not, in the short time they have know each other  she has already started to develop feeling for him. 

“Maybe some other time” she says as she starts putting her things in her bag. She doesn't dare look at him knowing if she does she will change her mind. She stands and grabs her things “Make sure to have dinner” she says without looking at him. 

Minwoo can sense that something is off  and reaches to touch her arm “Im sorry if I said something to upset you” 

Camila turns to look at him and smiles “ you didn’t…I just have to go” 

He knows she is lying but wont push her “ ok, take care…please let me know when you get home” 

Camila avoids his eyes “I will” she gives him a small bow “ good night Mr. Lee” she walks away fighting the urge to turn and look at him. 

“Good night” he calls after her and watches her leave. He sits there for a few minutes thinking about what just happened before heading out.