New Side

Between Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 9: New Side

SHIN HYE’S POV

Another day ended.  In one day, how could these things happened? He found out about my biggest secret, then found another secret, and I kept seeing him. 


I suddenly remembered how he smiled at me. Twice to be exact. It gave me chills. But to be honest, he looked really different that time, like a warm person, unlike from what he’s been showing us, the cold guy vibe, to be precise, ever since the day he transferred here.

I am so tired. Maybe because I had the shocked face all day…

The next day I went to school early so that at least I could monitor my surrounding and I could prepare for whatever may happen today.

Suddenly I remembered today is schedule C, that means classes don’t start until 8:30am. It was made like that so that the faculty staffs can have a meeting and for preparation of the event.

Of all days, why did I forget about the schedule. It’s only 7am... There’s nothing to do so I decided I will take a nap for few minutes or maybe an hour. I put my earphones and played instrumental songs to make me fall asleep faster.

Before I passed out I was trying to remember how did he looked yesterday while smiling……


The next thing I know there was someone who was tapping my shoulder trying to wake me up. I automatically checked my watch to check what time it is. 8:04am. I didn’t hear my alarm which was set up at 8:00am, good thing there was someone who woke me up.

“Sorry, I didn’t mean to disturb you but we need to proceed to the auditorium at 8:30 for general assembly. They pushed back the classes for an hour.”

I looked up to see who it was and it was Yong Hwa. Again.. again. Again.

He was pointing a paper that was posted at the board, I guess it was the announcement about the assembly.

As soon as I saw him still looking at me, I fixed my hair instantly, hoping it was not like a haystack. When I got up from my chair he handed me carton of milk.

“Another freebie?” I  didn’t know since when our school started giving free drinks.

“No, I have another one,  you can have it.” He was showing me that he was holding another carton. 

I took the milk since I was feeling thirsty and said thank you. 

“Do you mind if I go with you at the auditorium?”
Wow. Is he being talkative right now? He doesn’t usually talk this much. But this might be a good chance to talk to him about finding my secret.

“No, it’s okay”

We were walking in the corridors and I was waiting for him to say something. I waited until he stopped walking then faced me.

“Are you going to perform for the event?”

The question took me by surprise. I thought he would start asking me for favors since he found my biggest secret.


“uhhhhm. No. I was just helping the teacher and the other students.”

I tried to remain calm even though my heart started pounding the moment he faced me.

“Ahhh.”

That’s it? AHHHH?

He started walking again. I let him go first, giving me a chance to observe his back. 


We reached the auditorium and there were  students that was already seated. I decided to walk faster so that I can choose a seat far away from him to avoid more questions.. I chose a seat near the wall, I looked behind me, and good thing he was not there, maybe he saw our classmates and decided to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter