Close to You

Between Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 16: CLOSE TO YOU

YONG HWA'S POV

She was nowhere to be found.

Thinking of the situation, if she ran away when I called her, that means she must’ve heard something.

Something unpleasant that came from my mouth. I am not going to let this day end without talking to her and I already made a mistake just by talking to that girl.

I went to the library, fire escape and rooftop, quiet places that she might have gone to.

Where did she go? I am already frustrated about our situation and now I can’t even find her. She looked pale this morning, what if she already went home.

That’s right.  She need her bag to go home.

I ran as fast as I can for me to reach our classroom on time.

When I saw her standing there holding her bag I stopped for a bit to catch my breath, but the second I saw her lost her balance I ran to her direction.
 Luckily I was able to catch her before her knees hits the ground.


“Shin Hye? Are you okay?


I was trying to check if she still conscious, I immediately check her forehead. Shoot! She has a fever. I should’ve paid more  attention to her this morning. She was already a little warm and she was busy and tired these past few weeks doing preparations.


I immediately carried her on my back and went straight to the clinic.

When we arrived there the nurse asked what happened, and I told her that she lost consciousness and she have fever.


 She asked me to put Shin Hye on the bed, she immediately scan her forehead using the digital thermometer. 

“38.9. We need to drop her temperature, let me get ice and towel, can you stay with her?”

“Sure, no problem”

This silly girl. I bet she was not feeling okay this morning yet she still worked hard for the festival. While she was sleeping I examined her face, looks like she lost some weight. I leaned closer to remove the dirt under her eyebrow. Hah! It’s not a dirt. It’s a tiny mole under her left eyebrow. 

I heard footsteps so I sat up straight. 


“Did she woke up by any chance?”

“No, not yet"

“Okay, once she woke up she can take the medicine but I have to make sure that she already ate”


“She was helping the student council with the preparations, I don’t think she had anything yet. Is it okay if I’ll just grab something for her. I’ll be back soon”


“That’s a good idea. Go ahead.”

“I went straight to the convenience store across the street and immediately search for soup. Luckily they have the instant porridge. After paying, I added hot water, put the lid back and went back to school.

The nurse was waiting in the hallway bringing a first aid kit.

“Is it okay if I’ll ask you to stay with her? I have a meeting with the teachers and there was a student who accidentally injured himself. The other nurse will be here in 30 minutes.”

“No problem. I’ll stay with her.”

“Don’t forget her medicine, and she needs to take it after eating. Thank you”

She didn’t need to ask me. I intended to stay with Shin Hye until she comes home.

When I open the door she was already awake and was sitting on the bed.


“You’re not supposed to get up until you feel better”

She looked surprised when she heard me and when she saw me, she look so disappointed, but I believe the right word is ----Mad, she looked mad.

“I am better now, and I’m going home” 

She got up grabbed her bag and was ready to go. I grabbed her arm and looked at her. How can I let her go when she’s sick. She can’t even walk straight. What if she pass out again?

“Okay, fine. I’ll

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter