First Step

Between Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


CHAPTER 17: FIRST STEP

SHIN HYE’S POV

That was a good nap. I miss taking naps during breaks but because our busy schedule I never really had time even to think about naps.

I stretched my arms and hands as if I was trying to reach the ceiling when I remembered that Yong Hwa was here… or not?

I got up and saw him sitting on a chair and sleeping… I made sure I didn’t make any sound while getting out of the bed. I looked for my backpack and grabbed it. I don’t want to disturb him and since I am okay now I can go home by myself. I already made a lot of trouble for him today this is the least I could do for him. I looked for my pen and sticky note and left a simple message on the table and made sure he is still sleeping. I was about to leave but decided to have a quick glance of him. No wonder girls went crazy earlier, he really looks cute even in his sleep. He doesn’t even smile often yet still looking so fine.

“Leaving without me?”

I almost lost my balance when I heard his voice. His eyes were still close but I am sure he is awake. 

“Were you awake all this time?” I was sure he was sleeping earlier. Did he caught me staring at him? 

“I slept, but I heard you picking up your bag. So, were you planning to go home without me?”

I looked away, searching for the right words to say. I just don’t want to cause any more trouble.

He took my bag while heading to the door. It took me few seconds to notice that he was already wearing his backpack.

“Are you okay? Can you walk?”

I need to stop spacing. He might think I can’t walk by myself.

“I can carry-----”

“No! No! No!. I am okay. Let’s go.”
Carrying me is the last thing I would let him do. I walked faster so he won’t do anything silly.

He was quiet on our way home, I don’t know if he’s thinking about something or someone. I am sure he’s not mad at me. Did I do something----- oh no... This can’t be happening… again.
I bumped into something and when I raised my head he was staring at me.

“Are you sure you’re okay?”
“Yes. I am fine, sorry just thinking about something. Let’s go.”

He looked so puzzled then suddenly chuckled.

“You’re definitely not okay.” He pointed the house in front of us.

Oh shoot. We’re already here. I just told myself earlier that I should focus yet I ended up looking crazy.

I was ready to take my backpack but he was not handing it over.

“Do you have something to do this weekend?”

Huh? Why? 

“Not really, but I’m planning to arrange my notes for the upcoming exams. Why?

“If you have extra time, are you willing to go wi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter