Persuasion

Between Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


CHAPTER 12 PERSUASION
YONG HWA’S POV

My Mom was in the kitchen when I handed out the grocery bags. 

“Did you just received some good news?”

Again, I remembered to be careful in front of my Mom. 
“It’s just about the upcoming festival in our school, I guess I’m just nervous”
 
I was planning to run back in my room but she threw a suspicious look at me

“Are you sure you are nervous? Honey, just by looking at your face right now  you don’t seem nervous, your smile is already reaching your ears.”

Ooops. 

I told her I need to finish my homework to escape her ongoing investigation.

“Before I forget, I just recently contacted my friend and guess what, she just came back from America and they live around our area, actually she was just here a while ago, we were able to catch up after so many years.”

“That’s nice Mom, at least you can now hang out with her and she’s just around here”

“I know, Son, and by the way she will be celebrating her birthday next month so she invited us, and for you to meet your childhood friend again.”

Huh? Childhood friend? 
I just have to make up some excuse later about the party. I don’t really like attending parties and I don’t have any idea who was the friend she was talking about.


I checked my phone, hoping for her to reply on my message that I send earlier, but knowing her, I am sure that she will not reply…. Not yet. I still have to earn my way to get her comfortable with me.


The next day while on the corridor, I saw her staring to some banners that our classmates made for us. Did she saw something interesting? 

She went up from her chair, grabbed some papers and went to the office. I haven’t got her response yet, I need to ask her again.

I went on my desk , grabbed my guitar to do final checking and testing.

She came back from the office and went straight to her desk to grab the flyers. Before she even touched the flyers, I took them instantly and I asked my question.

“You’ll be there, right?”

She was having blank stares….. again. I guess she was thinking about something and she’s unable to focus, she also looks tired today. Wondering if something was bothering her.

I leaned closely to her to check if she was sick, I put my hand on her forehead to check if she has fever.

I asked her if she was okay, she’s slightly warm but good thing no fever.

She was a bit surprised about the gesture that I just did. I don’t care my classmates will see this, as long as I know she is okay.

“No. I’m okay, just a little bit tired, and yes, I’m going to watch, it’s our class performance.”

The moment I heard her say yes about watching us my lips automatically smiled and gave her the flyers so she can finish her errand.

I went back to my desk and suddenly one of our classmates told her that some Ji Soo guy was looking for her. She immediately went to see what does the guy wants.

I wanted to follow

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter