Starting Over

Between Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 18: STARTING OVER

YONG HWA’S POINT OF VIEW

I forgot that she can sleep anytime. I was really curious how can she do that, I’m sure she’s not narcoleptic but I am 100% sure she’s really tired. She has part time job and she helps the student council no wonder she got sick.

She looks like a baby when she’s sleeping and this is the first time I saw her face while sleeping, because whenever she takes nap her face is always covered by her hair. Good thing I was able to convince her to stay or else she already passed out in the corridor.
I heard a phone vibrating, I checked my phone, nope it’s not mine. 
I checked her bag to see who it was and it was her Mom.

“Shin Hye, are you okay? You didn’t eat earlier, just checking if you are okay honey”

“Hello, Mrs. Park. My name is Yong Hwa, Shin Hye’s classmate. She is currently sleeping, she passed out a while ago but she is okay now. We made sure she ate and took the medicine before she went back to sleep.”
I was so nervous talking to her mom. Just hoping I won’t eat my words while explaining.

“Thank you. I can come to pick her up later, I’m just with a friend right now.”

“Oh no worries Mrs. Park. I’ll make sure to walk her home later, I am just waiting for her to wake up”

“Are you sure? I don’t want to bother you, but I’ll leave her to you. Thank you honey”.

Now I know where she got her calmness. She just sounded like her mom.

I put her phone back to her backpack. I sat and took my bag, I suddenly remembered the small plastic bag that I put in there few days ago. Maybe I should wait before I give it to her.
“Bunny.” 

Bunny? I got up to check what she meant with the word bunny. When I saw her she is still sleeping.

“Stars.”

Hah! She is sleep talking. I waved my hand at her just to make sure she’s not awake. Wondering what she’s dreaming of for her to mention bunny and stars. After that she never talked in her sleep. I decided might as well take a nap while waiting for her to wake up.

I don’t know how many minutes passed by but I heard her when she got out of the bed. I could tell she was trying not to make a sound. She picked up her bag and sounded like she was looking for something and I heard her writing onto something. 

A note for me?

She was walking away but paused for a while. Was she checking something? 

“Leaving without me?” Looks like it. Is she trying to esca

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter