Getting closer

Between Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 10: Getting Closer

YONG HWA’S POV

 As I walked back I was thinking how should I approach Shin Hye tomorrow. I already gave up sitting and just  trying to figure things out. I wanted to get all the answers straight from her. One thing I learned from just watching her, she won’t talk to me nor approach me unless I talk to her. 


I took my dinner real quick and went to my room, I checked my phone to see if the person I texted replied. Good timing, I received the information I was waiting for.

I woke up early today, remembering that we have an assembly. I ate my breakfast and said goodbye to my Mom.  I went to the convenience store hoping that I would see her there by accident, but apparently it was just the manager.

I grabbed two cartons of milk. I don’t know why but I feel getting two today, I guess I was extra thirsty? Hmm. Never mind.  I paid the milk and the manager asked me something.

“Aren’t you the guy who was waiting for Shin Hye last night?”

Oh. Ow. He saw me last night.

“I was not sure, but I just saw you last night. Are you her boyfriend?”

“No. I was her classmate. I was just worried it’s because of the recent incident that happened around the area.”
I was being truthful to the manager, and I need to ask her not to say anything about this conversation to Shin Hye.

“Oh. I see. Good for her, and sorry if I mistook you as her boyfriend, it’s  because there’s a lot of boys who goes to our store and showing interests to her. But she always brushes them off.”

No wonder. She’s the quiet one yet she’s popular. Wait does that mean she doesn’t have a boyfriend? 

“Well, here you go. Take care.”

As I reached the classroom I saw her taking a nap. I guess she was really tired these days. She’s busy with school work and preparations then there’s her part time job. No wonder she doesn’t hang out with the other students, it’s like as if 24 hours is not enough for her. Wondering if she makes time for herself to enjoy her high school life.

Our vice president passed by and handed me a paper. It was the announcement to proceed to the auditorium for the assembly.

“Can you please tape this on the board and make sure to wake her up”

I nodded then he went to the next classroom to give out the announcement.

I checked my watch. Few seconds before 8… I stayed seated on my chair waiting for her to wake up. I heard her alarm at 8am. I waited until there’s a sign of her waking up. Few seconds past, she’s still not moving. I decided to turn off her alarm and give her few more minutes to nap. I made sure I was careful  to disturb her while I transferred on the chair next to her. 

Her right hand, especially her fingers caught my attention. All of her fingers except her thumb were covered with band aids. If I remembered correctly last night there are no band aids on her fingers, what did she do last night? This girl seriously makes me worry every time. She’s really clumsy and she needs constant watching.

Her alarm went off and she’s still not moving… I waited few more seconds and she didn’t move an inch. I decided to turn off her alarm and give her few more minutes to sleep. As I press the turned off button, I saw what song she was playing.

Love Me by Yiruma. So she likes this kind of music… Instrumental types. 

It was already 8:04 am and we really need to go. I tapped her shoulder carefully few times and she woke up. She checked her phone to see what time is it. I told her that I didn’t mean to disturb her but we really.need to proceed to the auditorium. The moment she lifted her head I pointed the memo that was posted on the board before she gets suspicious as to why I am here with her.
 She fixed her hair as she got up from her chair. I handed her a carton of milk that I bought from the convenience store, good thing I didn’t drink the two cartons while on my way going to school.

She looked confused and asked me if it was another freebie.

I told her I had extra while showing the other carton. I forgot about the orange soda when I told her it was a freebie. I should be more careful. But this time I wanted to tell her the truth.. She took the milk and said thank you. I was making progress here. Good thing she took it. A sign that at least she doesn’t hate me.


I asked her if it was okay if I go with her to the auditorium. She was quiet for a moment as if trying to figure out why did I asked her. She took like few seconds before she answered that it was okay.

While walking in th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter